• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So OKC who has trouble shooting the ball trades their 3 point shooting PF for another guy who can't really shoot well...

:puzzled:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any attitude problems? LOL

how many guys in the NBA do you know were blackballed from the league for multiple years since they were complete and total assholes, come back, are called out by their teammates and coaches for babying injuries, for chasing stats, for losing focus---- been suspended 3 different times for cheap shot-ing other players etc.....

i mean, lol.....cmon man. THATS the guy you give the keys to the team to? DISASTER waiting to happen.

and on top of that- his skill set played well and was popular about 15 years ago......you really want to give a quarter of your payroll to a big man who - cant pass- cant shoot, and cant guard on the perimeter? in TODAYS nba? you wont ever win anything!

How many guys in the HISTORY if the NBA have ever done all or part of what you are accusing him of, and then went from a minimum to a max with 6 teams willing to offer?

What's even more ridiculous about your posts is that the Heat was the one who developed him as well as learned everything about him in the near 2 years he was here.
They easily could have let him walk once Dallas offered the max on hour 1 of FA, but they didn't.
WHY???

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Judging Whiteside based on how the Heat does this year is retarded but you're a dumb fuck so I'm not surprised. This is a bad team. Drummond would not be able to lead this team to 44 wins either. You act like Drummond is Shaq. His Detroit team will continue to win low 40's and get eliminated in round 1 or miss the playoffs.

The Heat is looking ahead to this years lottery then FA period.
We have pretty good 4-5 players which will be the foundation.
Only dumb @WiggyRuss would use this season w/l as a measure of Whitesides value.

Anyone watching Heat games can see we are 10000x better when he's on the court.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt Wiggy's rants are old & tired but the same can be said about all the LeBron rants as well. And I think it's funny some people still have an issue w/ LeBron teaming up w/ 2 All Stars in Miami but KD seemingly gets a free pass for joining a team that's a 2x conference champ, has the 2x league MVP & 3 All Stars.

Heat fans have moved on from LeBron.
Who on SportsHoopla is now making the James' rants?

My hope was he would never win elsewhere.
Not that he has, I really don't care.
I don't think Ive mentioned him in a post besides this since the season started.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only dumb @WiggyRuss would use this season w/l as a measure of Whitesides value.

it does not surprise me you totally fail to see the big picture.

you will never win anything when you devote a quarter of your payroll to a non-elite center who cant pass, cant shoot, and cant defend on the perimeter.....on top of that- the guy has some of the most serious behavioral concerns of any player that has played in the NBA- SO MUCH SO- that he was blackballed from the league for multiple years. So much so that the coach and his teammates have called him out for babying injuries and having his head in his ass on the court on multiple occasions.

you DONT WIN with guys like Whiteside. Your team is automatically disqualified from contention if you think you are going to build around a center who cant pass, cant shoot and cant guard on the perimeter- and ON TOP OF THAT- has to be babysat like a 7th grader.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it does not surprise me you totally fail to see the big picture.

you will never win anything when you devote a quarter of your payroll to a non-elite center who cant pass, cant shoot, and cant defend on the perimeter.....on top of that- the guy has some of the most serious behavioral concerns of any player that has played in the NBA- SO MUCH SO- that he was blackballed from the league for multiple years. So much so that the coach and his teammates have called him out for babying injuries and having his head in his ass on the court on multiple occasions.

you DONT WIN with guys like Whiteside. Your team is automatically disqualified from contention if you think you are going to build around a center who cant pass, cant shoot and cant guard on the perimeter- and ON TOP OF THAT- has to be babysat like a 7th grader.

Seriously?
6 teams offered a max.
All would be in the same cap boat.
Why?
Why can't you ever answer that question?

I love the non elite!!

He's not perfect, but he's young in NBA experience and still growing.
There isn't a C you can name that is a clear cut better investment then he is.

As far as % of cap space, it just depends who else is on the roster.

What % of cap space did Tristan occupy last year?
Way higher number then it should have been, but because James can't be paid fair market % it worked out for them.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously?
6 teams offered a max.
All would be in the same cap boat.
Why?
Why can't you ever answer that question?

I love the non elite!!

He's not perfect, but he's young in NBA experience and still growing.
There isn't a C you can name that is a clear cut better investment then he is.

As far as % of cap space, it just depends who else is on the roster.

What % of cap space did Tristan occupy last year?
Way higher number then it should have been, but because James can't be paid fair market % it worked out for them.

I'll counter myself and say Towns is better investment.
He could be real special.

As far as Cousins, Drummond, Gasol, Horford, etc... all very good, but none are ever leading anyone to near a title if they are their teams best player.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll counter myself and say Towns is better investment.
He could be real special.

As far as Cousins, Drummond, Gasol, Horford, etc... all very good, but none are ever leading anyone to near a title if they are their teams best player.

He's too much of a bitch to admit any of this.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's too much of a bitch to admit any of this.

He doesn't need to admit it.
The numbers don't lie.
His Whiteside argument would automatically disqualify Love from being talked about as an impact player.

He's a poor defender, who built stats playing on a almost near nightly losing team.

Whiteside will be top 5 in DPOY voting, despite how horrendous Wiggy wants to make him out to be.

Anyway, off to the game.

Should be fun.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat fans have moved on from LeBron.
Who on SportsHoopla is now making the James' rants?

My hope was he would never win elsewhere.
Not that he has, I really don't care.
I don't think Ive mentioned him in a post besides this since the season started.

Did I mention Heat fans specifically? Nope. Funny that you mentioned them though. And posting 1 comment about comparing LeBron's move to Miami & KD's move to G.S. isn't a rant.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey you guys can think whatever you want- ill think what i want, and we can see who is right....

deep down you know that in todays NBA investing big money in a center that cant shoot, cant pass and cant guard on the perimeter- and needs to be babysat- is a disaster. You wont ever win anything. this isnt 1991 with teams winning a ton of games scoring in the 90's- playing half court and throwing it into a big in the post.

think of how it cripples your team in todays league when your big man cant pass, cant shoot, and cant guard on the perimeter. I mean- off the bat, you will never have a CHANCE vs. a team like Golden State or the Cavs- or any team that can exploit those very real weaknesses.

i wouldnt invest in a guy who is a pure center unless they were the best of the best and worthy of being built around with impeccable character and work ethic and were a leader- a guy like a Marc Gasol... Whiteside? is not CLOSE- to being that type of guy...not even in the same galaxy.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indians closing the deal tonight @WiggyRuss?

Cleveland...could be the new titletown. Crazy after all the losing to possibly win two major titles in one year.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So OKC who has trouble shooting the ball trades their 3 point shooting PF for another guy who can't really shoot well...

:puzzled:

Gotta be Another upcoming trade for them.

Otherwise, I'm confuzzled.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wiggy talks shit about the Heat trying to be competitive and saying they should go in the lottery like the Sixers and Cavs (4-year Lebron hiatus). Then when the Heat really have no option other than to go with a youth movement, Wiggy talks shit about them being in the lottery (potentially). You can't make this shit up.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey you guys can think whatever you want- ill think what i want, and we can see who is right....

deep down you know that in todays NBA investing big money in a center that cant shoot, cant pass and cant guard on the perimeter- and needs to be babysat- is a disaster. You wont ever win anything. this isnt 1991 with teams winning a ton of games scoring in the 90's- playing half court and throwing it into a big in the post.

think of how it cripples your team in todays league when your big man cant pass, cant shoot, and cant guard on the perimeter. I mean- off the bat, you will never have a CHANCE vs. a team like Golden State or the Cavs- or any team that can exploit those very real weaknesses.

i wouldnt invest in a guy who is a pure center unless they were the best of the best and worthy of being built around with impeccable character and work ethic and were a leader- a guy like a Marc Gasol... Whiteside? is not CLOSE- to being that type of guy...not even in the same galaxy.

The Cavs gave Thompson $80+ million to be a glorified rebounder.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm convinced Whiteside plowed Wiggy's sister. He's so fixated on how Whiteside does. It's simply amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.