• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's most important right now at the center position is to be able to defend on the perimeter. With traditional bigs being supplanted for those who can shoot, it's much more important to get a center who can defend on the perimeter.

But that said, I don't think it's absolutely necessary for a big to be able to shoot from the outside. The problem is that most of the bigs who can't shoot from the outside, also have no interior game to speak of either. It's what's wrong with the development of the bigs today in AAU, HS and to a lesser degree NCAA. A guy like DAJ or Drummond don't need to be able to step out and hit a 17 footer. What they need is one or two absolutely dominant post moves. It's why Dwight Howard has never reached his potential. He was never able to develop one or two moves that would allow him to use his size and strength.

Bigs are getting more skilled away from the hoop, but less skilled towards it. As much as having a big man who can stretch the floor opens up the court, a big man who commands a double team opens up the floor just as well, if not arguably better.

Agree with all of this. Thing is the tool doesn't even watch Whiteside enough to know anything. Whiteside does have a mini jumpshot that he can hit and make when he chooses too but obviously his bread and butter is post up in the paint.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes 23 and was the best player on a team that won 44 games- and is head and shoulders better than whiteside----- and ya know....never got himself blackballed from the league, lol.....
Whiteside is older, yes. But last year was his first year getting starter minutes and he played well. He's outplayed Drummond so far this year, albeit not by much. I also haven't seen any attitude problems come up as of yet for Hassan.

Point is, I think you're just picking on him for whatever reasons. He looks like a stud right now.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside is older, yes. But last year was his first year getting starter minutes and he played well. He's outplayed Drummond so far this year, albeit not by much. I also haven't seen any attitude problems come up as of yet for Hassan.

Point is, I think you're just picking on him for whatever reasons. He looks like a stud right now.
any attitude problems? LOL

how many guys in the NBA do you know were blackballed from the league for multiple years since they were complete and total assholes, come back, are called out by their teammates and coaches for babying injuries, for chasing stats, for losing focus---- been suspended 3 different times for cheap shot-ing other players etc.....

i mean, lol.....cmon man. THATS the guy you give the keys to the team to? DISASTER waiting to happen.

and on top of that- his skill set played well and was popular about 15 years ago......you really want to give a quarter of your payroll to a big man who - cant pass- cant shoot, and cant guard on the perimeter? in TODAYS nba? you wont ever win anything!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Wiggy did you dress up like LeBron for Halloween?:D

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

how many guys in the NBA do you know were blackballed from the league for multiple years since they were complete and total assholes, come back, are called out by their teammates and coaches for babying injuries, for chasing stats, for losing focus---- been suspended 3 different times for cheap shot-ing other players etc.....

i mean, lol.....cmon man. THATS the guy you give the keys to the team to? DISASTER waiting to happen.

and on top of that- his skill set played well and was popular about 15 years ago......you really want to give a quarter of your payroll to a big man who - cant pass- cant shoot, and cant guard on the perimeter? in TODAYS nba? you wont ever win anything!

Still bringing up attitude issues from 3+ years ago? That's cute.

What does Drummond do on offense that Whiteside can't do? Dude you're just a hater. Why don't you bitch about Drummond the same way

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit, Miami, and Sacramento should just release their centers. Especially Detroit and Miami. Whiteside and Drummond clearly doesn't belong in the NBA

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was trying to fast forward you to the present but I guess it didn't work.

Reactions: LAD

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also the Heat coaches was never called out by coaches for injuries and chasing stats

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just dont know how you build around a center who - cant shoot, is limited to only playing center, and is way to slow and plodding to guard the pick and roll. At least Cousins has some extended range and can play the 4 and has some versatility. ----put on top of that the character risks?--- disaster waiting to happen.

15 years ago- maybe you woulda had something IF he can stay on the straight and narrow- in todays NBA?-- devoting that much of your payroll to a true center whocant shoot and is a huge liability in the pick and roll is an unmitigated disaster- and thats BEFORE considering the significant character risks.

So Whiteside has character risks, bit Cousins in a choir boy?
Have you seen what Cousins has done TWICE, this season already?

Anyway,the fact you call Whiteside plodding just shows you really shouldn't even be commenting on him.

As far as ability, put Tristan on 25+ rosters and nobody would even know who he is.
He's a good fit for Cavs and gets good TV exposure during the playoffs.

Everyone knows Whiteside because of his dominating/ league leading play.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also forgot that rebounds and blocks doesn't help your team win games so it is now categorized as stat chasing.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Whiteside has character risks, bit Cousins in a choir boy?
Have you seen what Cousins has done TWICE, this season already?

Anyway,the fact you call Whiteside plodding just shows you really shouldn't even be commenting on him.

As far as ability, put Tristan on 25+ rosters and nobody would even know who he is.
He's a good fit for Cavs and gets good TV exposure during the playoffs.

Everyone knows Whiteside because of his dominating/ league leading play.
Dude why TF are you still wasting your time with the TT argument? It's ridiculous.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still bringing up attitude issues from 3+ years ago? That's cute.

What does Drummond do on offense that Whiteside can't do? Dude you're just a hater. Why don't you bitch about Drummond the same way
well maybe because drummond was never blackballed from the league for multiple years for being a lazy, unproffesional a hole---- and the when he does come back- continues to cheap shot multiple players getting suspendd multiple times--- babies injuries, and chases stats at the expense of winning...i mean, just for starters

plus- well before his prime- we have whiteside leading his team to 44 wins and the playoffs....CANT WAIT to see how Whiteside does this year doing the same.........ALMOST got one the other night in SAS without Aldridge playing....too bad. lol.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who Cares Bulls look good. LOL

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well maybe because drummond was never blackballed from the league for multiple years for being a lazy, unproffesional a hole---- and the when he does come back- continues to cheap shot multiple players getting suspendd multiple times--- babies injuries, and chases stats at the expense of winning...i mean, just for starters

plus- well before his prime- we have whiteside leading his team to 44 wins and the playoffs....CANT WAIT to see how Whiteside does this year doing the same.........ALMOST got one the other night in SAS without Aldridge playing....too bad. lol.

Who cares what happened years ago? Your Whiteside act is getting old. All you do is bring up shit that took place 3 or 4 years ago. Find new material.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still waiting for you to explain how grabbing rebounds, scoring point, and blocking shots is stat chasing. I guess none of those things help teams win games

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares what happened years ago? Your Whiteside act is getting old. All you do is bring up shit that took place 3 or 4 years ago. Find new material.

No doubt Wiggy's rants are old & tired but the same can be said about all the LeBron rants as well. And I think it's funny some people still have an issue w/ LeBron teaming up w/ 2 All Stars in Miami but KD seemingly gets a free pass for joining a team that's a 2x conference champ, has the 2x league MVP & 3 All Stars.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Judging Whiteside based on how the Heat does this year is retarded but you're a dumb fuck so I'm not surprised. This is a bad team. Drummond would not be able to lead this team to 44 wins either. You act like Drummond is Shaq. His Detroit team will continue to win low 40's and get eliminated in round 1 or miss the playoffs.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt Wiggy's rants are old & tired but the same can be said about all the LeBron rants as well. And I think it's funny some people still have an issue w/ LeBron teaming up w/ 2 All Stars in Miami but KD seemingly gets a free pass for joining a team that's a 2x conference champ, has the 2x league MVP & 3 All Stars.
I don't think Durant is getting a free pass at all. There has been a lot of criticism, even from analysts.

Status
Not open for further replies.