• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Popovich Spurs have won 50+ games since 1998

They have started 5-0 in playoff games 3 times

But, They have never started 5-0 ever in regular season games, 4-0 is the furthest they ever get

Strange consistency

That is beyond strange. Didn't even know of this until I saw it on Twitter. Very strange stat about the Spurs.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck NBATV, how do I get blacked out from watching the Trail Blazers game when I live 3 hours away.

Regardless, I said at the beginning of the year that Ian Clark would have to assume the Barbosa role. Looks like tonight he's doing a good job of that.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check out the Would you rather have Whiteside or Tristan thread. He's so deep in the argument that he literally has no choice but to keep up the argument while hoping and praying that Whiteside melts down.

I think he might be waiting for quite a while now.
I was thinking it could happen tonight once I saw how Cousins was playing, combined with how the refs were screwing him over.
You could see Whiteside was frustrated, but he pretty much just took it.

Several times he questioned the refs, but he stayed calm.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he might be waiting for quite a while now.
I was thinking it could happen tonight once I saw how Cousins was playing, combined with how the refs were screwing him over.
You could see Whiteside was frustrated, but he pretty much just took it.

Several times he questioned the refs, but he stayed calm.

Yeah exactly. His attitude doesn't get the best of him as it does with Cousins a lot of times. Whiteside rarely even pick up T's. For someone with such a terrible attitude as Wiggy claims, you would think he would be up there with Cousins leading the league in T's.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt like a lot of fouls on Hassan and Cousins were shitty but it is what it is

Big difference because of when they were called.
Whitesides first 4 were iffy.
He was never allowed to get into any type of rhythm, and since nothing was being called on Cousins, it allowed him to be super aggressive.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Lebron shouldn't be making jokes about coming back from 3-1.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah exactly. His attitude doesn't get the best of him as it does with Cousins a lot of times. Whiteside rarely even pick up T's. For someone with such a terrible attitude as Wiggy claims, you would think he would be up there with Cousins leading the league in T's.

You should have heard/seen Cousins carrying on.
He's a total head case. Always has been. Isn't changing.

Whiteside really seems to have grown up.
You just don't accomplish what he has without figuring it out.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Lebron shouldn't be making jokes about coming back from 3-1.

Is there any dumber rule in professional sports then the one that allows the league that wins the all star game to have homefield advantage for the World Series?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any dumber rule in professional sports then the one that allows the league that wins the all star game to have homefield advantage for the World Series?

Nope. It's baseball's feeble attempt at keeping their All-Star game relevant. At least the other sports concede that no one really cares about the All-Star game. But yeah, Chicago gets hosed because they had the better record.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pistons will win it all. Book it.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey I just like my team atm. Yeah we have no shot in reality but they could be a contender in a few years.

Hey, nothing wrong in being optimistic with your team. Just no spamming with essays.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside and Cousins were very careful with their words after the game when asked about fouls.

''Good, hard, competitive game,'' Cousins said.

Said Whiteside, who was in foul trouble throughout the second half: ''I don't want to speak on that, because the NBA is going to take my money.''

The Heat wasted an 80-71 lead in the final six minutes of regulation.

Gay went on a personal 7-0 run to turn a five-point deficit into an 89-87 lead on his jumper with 1:48 left. The Heat tied it twice from there, meaning the Kings lost two leads - and then their star, too.

''We needed this one,'' Whiteside said.

TIP-INS

Kings: Cousins was suspended for both Kings-Heat games last season, the second of those for exceeding the league's 16 technicals-in-a-season limit. He picked up a tech Tuesday as well, already his third this season. ... The Kings shot 38 percent.

Heat: Whiteside, who had an uncle succumb to prostate cancer on Monday and said playing Tuesday was difficult, is the second Heat player to start a season with four double-doubles. Rony Seikaly did it twice. ... The Heat are 4-2 on Spoelstra's birthday; he turned 46 on Tuesday. They have played on Nov. 1 in each of the last four years.

Status
Not open for further replies.