• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any dumber rule in professional sports then the one that allows the league that wins the all star game to have homefield advantage for the World Series?

Oh there's dumber rules out there, but honestly no dumber PLAYOFF related rule.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie>>>Jesus
did you see how good Kyrie played again last night?

taking that next step up.....i cant believe that not too long ago you kept trying to tell us that it was a matter of preference between Dragic and Kyrie....lol.....

He is taking that experience from winning the championship and taking a step up. He looks positively unstoppable right now. How do you stop a guy who is an elite finisher at the rim, in midrange with the pullup, and from behind the 3 point line? He continues to get better defensively- andh is offensive game has no holes. I dont know how you guard this guy. Such a perfect compliment to LeBron.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you see how good Kyrie played again last night?

taking that next step up.....i cant believe that not too long ago you kept trying to tell us that it was a matter of preference between Dragic and Kyrie....lol.....

He is taking that experience from winning the championship and taking a step up. He looks positively unstoppable right now. How do you stop a guy who is an elite finisher at the rim, in midrange with the pullup, and from behind the 3 point line? He continues to get better defensively- andh is offensive game has no holes. I dont know how you guard this guy. Such a perfect compliment to LeBron.

No.
I was at Heat game.

As far as Kyrie, yes, he is moving up the list of most talented NBA players IMO.

As far as he vs Dragic, TWO years ago, I said it was a matter of need/preference as we were discussing actual PG play.

Dragic is a very good player. You act like he's some scrub just because his jersey says HEAT.

Is Kyrie the better overall NBA player now?
Yes. Without any question.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.
I was at Heat game.

As far as Kyrie, yes, he is moving up the list of most talented NBA players IMO.

As far as he vs Dragic, TWO years ago, I said it was a matter of need/preference as we were discussing actual PG play.

Dragic is a very good player. You act like he's some scrub just because his jersey says HEAT.

Is Kyrie the better overall NBA player now?
Yes. Without any question.

Dragic has looked good this year. 25,8, & 8 last time. One of his best games since he came to Miami

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without Wade, others are allowed more opportunity.
Dragic is a very good PG.
I'd take him anytime, and he's not overpaid.

I'm still mad that they do that iso garbage at the end of games now that Wade is gone. Would be nice to actually run a set play there

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still mad that they do that iso garbage at the end of games now that Wade is gone. Would be nice to actually run a set play there

I could understand if they would have been in a position to take the last shot, but they weren't.

They def should have attacked the basket.
The refs were whistle happy all night.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any dumber rule in professional sports then the one that allows the league that wins the all star game to have homefield advantage for the World Series?

Well, there's that rule in football where...

Or what about in basketball where...

Nope, nevermind. Can't think of any.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Love sparks defensive turnaround in Cavaliers' win over Rockets

K love is never gonna be an impact defender- but he seems a lot more comfortable and has made some plays....amde a couple really nice plays defensively down the stretch last night.......dont need him to be a "stopper"-- just playwell inside the system-- which he is doing.

Cavs look relaxed and finally comfortable playing together. Continuity helps.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Love sparks defensive turnaround in Cavaliers' win over Rockets

K love is never gonna be an impact defender- but he seems a lot more comfortable and has made some plays....amde a couple really nice plays defensively down the stretch last night.......dont need him to be a "stopper"-- just playwell inside the system-- which he is doing.

Cavs look relaxed and finally comfortable playing together. Continuity helps.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really impressive quotes in this article for those who doubt Hassan
Heat center Hassan Whiteside still motivated despite max contract | Heat Zone

Through his first four games as a max player, Whiteside is averaging 19.8 points, 13.8 rebounds and three blocks per game.

In fact, Whiteside has been one of the most efficient players in the NBA to start the season. He’s ranked as the 10th most efficient player in the NBA ahead of names like Blake Griffin, Cousins and Chris Paul.

“Hassan has got more possessions with the ball in his hands and I feel like he developed his one-on-one game,” Heat guard Goran Dragic said. “He can create his own shot and that’s really helpful for us because the whole defense is going to shrink and then he can make passes out or he can finish by himself. I feel like he’s improved a lot on offense.”

Whiteside has been dominant on the defensive end, too. The 7-footer is anchoring a Heat defense that’s limited opponents to an NBA best 45.9 percent shooting from within five feet of the basket.

With Whiteside on the floor, the Heat have outscored opponents by 27 points this season.

In Sunday’s loss to the Spurs, Whiteside equaled his career high of 27 points and added 15 rebounds. But Heat coach Erik Spoelstra was most impressed when Whiteside left the game in the fourth quarter with a cramping issue.

“I said the reason you got the cramp is because that’s probably as hard as you’ve played on both ends of the court in a regular-season game,” Spoelstra said Sunday. “Now that’s what this basketball team is going to need and it will need 34 to 36 minutes of that every night. Once he understands what that really means — to shoulder that kind of responsibility, being a great player. He’s getting it and starting to understand it. When that light bulb goes off, that’s something to see.”

Whiteside has noticed the added responsibilities. He leads the Heat with a usage rate of 28.1 percent this season after being used on 20.5 percent of the Heat’s offensive possessions last season.

“I feel like I’m more involved in the plays this year,” Whiteside said. “I’m not just a pick-and-roll guy. Coach made me a couple plays and I’m really glad they’re trusting me with the ball.”

"He sucks cause he's on the Heat" @WiggyRuss

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for Anthony Davis. Top 5 player in the game but plays with an ultra terrible Pelicans team. I bet when he becomes a free agent he's good as gone from the Pelicans.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for Anthony Davis. Top 5 player in the game but plays with an ultra terrible Pelicans team. I bet when he becomes a free agent he's good as gone from the Pelicans.

He signed a massive extension, so there's time for the Pelicans to turn it around and build a team correctly. They're going to hope they luck out with a top draft pick in the coming draft for another star to pair with Davis. The only good news is that they'll have 20M coming off the books with Holiday and Evans. If they could move Asik to clear some additional cap space, they could be real big players in the off-season.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He signed a massive extension, so there's time for the Pelicans to turn it around and build a team correctly. They're going to hope they luck out with a top draft pick in the coming draft for another star to pair with Davis. The only good news is that they'll have 20M coming off the books with Holiday and Evans. If they could move Asik to clear some additional cap space, they could be real big players in the off-season.
asik....now THAT is a bad contract....

no one is trading for a big man that makes that much money- who is that slow, cant shoot, and cant pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.