• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#12 Middle Tennessee won and #11 USC beat #6 SMU.

USC had a guy hit a 3 with 37 seconds left and Notre Dame damn near got upset by Princeton who missed a game winning 3 at the buzzer.
Middle Tennessee didn't seem like an upset, they might have even been the betting favorite going in. FUSC was an upset and made the winning shot late, but overall it's been a lot of blowout wins and higher seeds winning. So far only 5 double digit seeds and 6 lower seeded teams have advanced in almost 30 games. 1 or 2 near buzzer beaters and no huge upsets(top 4 seeds losing) is boring.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Middle Tennessee didn't seem like an upset, they might have even been the betting favorite going in. FUSC was an upset and made the winning shot late, but overall it's been a lot of blowout wins and higher seeds winning. So far only 5 double digit seeds and 6 lower seeded teams have advanced in almost 30 games. 1 or 2 near buzzer beaters and no huge upsets(top 4 seeds losing) is boring.

Yeah Middle Tennessee were the favorites and Minnesota was not really a 5 seed. Horrible job by the committee. Somehow Minny got a 5 and Wisky got a 8th seed. It should have been the opposite way around.

As for USC, they beat SMU earlier so yeah it's a minor upset. When I talk about upsets, I want to see teams who are a top 4 seed in their region go down. Usually a 5 seed going down will do it for me but everyone knew Minnesota was not a legit 5 so it wasn't a big deal at all especially considering Middle Tennessee were the favorites.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Middle Tennessee were the favorites and Minnesota was not really a 5 seed. Horrible job by the committee. Somehow Minny got a 5 and Wisky got a 8th seed. It should have been the opposite way around.

As for USC, they beat SMU earlier so yeah it's a minor upset. When I talk about upsets, I want to see teams who are a top 4 seed in their region go down. Usually a 5 seed going down will do it for me but everyone knew Minnesota was not a legit 5 so it wasn't a big deal at all especially considering Middle Tennessee were the favorites.

I wanted Gators, Seminoles, or both to crash and burn.
Canes did instead :L

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers and Bucks were about to throwdown just now.

3 ejections.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just tuned into laker game, why was there an ejection?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I caught it late but it seems like Monroe pushed Nick Young then Russell pushed Monroe afterwards. I believe Young got ejected because he received a T which was his 2nd of the night. Have no idea why they ejected Russell. Also didn't see what Young did to get ejected.

Monroe looked like the troublemaker from what I saw.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knick Young pushed on a player for what was an excessive foul, Monroe tried to smack him in the face, and Russell got ejected with him - I didn't see what his part was

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knick Young already had one technical, so that second technical got him an automatic ejection.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I caught it late but it seems like Monroe pushed Nick Young then Russell pushed Monroe afterwards. I believe Young got ejected because he received a T which was his 2nd of the night. Have no idea why they ejected Russell. Also didn't see what Young did to get ejected.

Young started the fight, but not with Monroe. Monroe jumped into it when he should have stayed out of it - tried to smack young in the face. I think Russell then went after Monroe then.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Knick Young pushed on a player for what was an excessive foul, Monroe tried to smack him in the face, and Russell got ejected with him - I didn't see what his part was
Ugh, ejected for what seems like some minor pushing/shoving? I miss the 90's

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell ought to be ashamed of himself for that shove - I've seen babies hit stronger than that - What a whimp

Status
Not open for further replies.