• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But according to Wiggy, Heat fans never bring up the Magic dominating us this season

Yeah. I'm willing to admit my team has its warts, and I can laugh at some of them. I mean when we really take on good teams (Cavs, Rockets, Warriors, etc.) we do pretty damn well. We don't have a title team on our hands - my homer goggles aren't that big. But this is a playoff team and a pretty impressive season considering everyone had us pegged as an early lotto team. Considering where we're at now since we started 11-30, this has been a very enjoyable season for me.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly--- any team can lose to any team. I mean- you dont see the Heat fans bringing up the fact that the Orlando Magic have OWNED them this year.

what will that mean once the ball is thrown up in the playoffs? Absolutely ZERO of course.

Does the NBA past dictate the future?
Of course not.

However, how often does James lose to a team then not get revenge at the next opportunity.
What made this win different, was that the Heat in general are a team he wants to beat, we had just beat them badly 24 hours before, and then the game got real chippy at the end with J.R.

You know the Cavs wanted to beat us down.
No way to dispute that.
James/Kyrie were rested and fresh.
Heat was without both Johnsons who are the best part of out bench.
Yet, the Cavs had absolutely no defensive answers to what they had just seen the game before.

The 4th qtr got interesting at the end, but the Heat was stupidly playing the clock vs the game for the better part of it.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what about your gordon?

I say the CLips- just because of their talent....

Paul, Griffin, Jordan, Redick has to be the most impressive roster not among those first 4 teams.

I just dont think Boston has the talent to get through 4 rounds of the playoffs. The Wiz need some playoff seasoning before they can be taken seriously.

I think Memphis would be an interesting darkhorse as well.

Clips were the first team to come to my mind. If they were to get healthy, it wouldn't be the craziest thing. Wizards were my next though.

Boston and Toronto are really hard for me to imagine.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TurnUpTheHeat I see we get lucky again. Just noticed we get Portland on the 2nd night of a B2B. This is like the 3rd time in the last week or so, we get a team I'm concerned about on the 2nd night of a B2B.

Tonight is huge.
On paper we win the next 4, but we all know it doesn't work that way.

Next week its Suns who shut down Bledsoe then the Knicks.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonight is huge.
On paper we win the next 4, but we all know it doesn't work that way.

Next week its Suns who shut down Bledsoe then the Knicks.

Nope no Knicks next week. That's the following week. Next week we have Phoenix and Toronto at home before going on the road next sunday vs Boston

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clips were the first team to come to my mind. If they were to get healthy, it wouldn't be the craziest thing. Wizards were my next though.

u watch the game last night?

LeBron was unreal in that 4th qtr. wasnt he?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Speaking of the Wizards, let's look at Bogdanovic numbers with Washington so far since I was told he was such a bum.

Dude is avg 16 PPG in 25 MPG on 49% shooting from the field and 47% from 3 pt range. What a terrible pickup

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@gordontrue

ill bet LeBron sits out vs. the Lakers on Sunday night....

imagine that-- the Cavs are staying over night in LA- and have the tanking Lakers the next night. On a Saturday night no less

IF there is a prop bet on Jr Smith's shooting percentage TAKE THE UNDER! LOL.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
u watch the game last night?

LeBron was unreal in that 4th qtr. wasnt he?

Yep. Yeah, man, he really was. Especially impressive with Love, Kyrie, & Shump all having to miss the 4th quarter.

Any word on Shump or Kyrie? I'm hoping it wasn't a big deal for either of them.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of the Wizards, let's look at Bogdanovic numbers with Washington so far since I was told he was such a bum.

Dude is avg 16 PPG in 25 MPG on 49% shooting from the field and 47% from 3 pt range. What a terrible pickup

no doubt, the guy's trash...least that's ONE clown's opinion...

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last couple games have made me hopeful that old JR might be back.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope no Knicks next week. That's the following week. Next week we have Phoenix and Toronto at home before going on the road next sunday vs Boston

oh yeah.
Knicks are end of month.
This chunk of home games is killing me.
Hopefully I can sell tonight or Sunday, or both...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preach John Wall

Before having to sit out the last five games last year because of bad knees that would soon require surgery, John Wall missed 13, 16 and 33 games in his first three seasons with the Wizards. To miss a game when 100% healthy? Unacceptable.

"That’s the difference about our league now. It’s kind of gotten a little softer," Wall told CSNmidatlantic.com, comparing today's NBA to previous eras. "Guys sit out and rest. I understand the coach made a decision, you can’t go against what the coach said or the doctor said."

"I'm not the type of guy who wants to sit down and rest. I think you owe it to the fans," Wall said. "They paid money to come see us play. That's how a professional goes out there and competes. If nothing is hurt, you can play go play.

John Wall: NBA has gone 'softer' by allowing healthy players to 'rest'

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Yeah, man, he really was. Especially impressive with Love, Kyrie, & Shump all having to miss the 4th quarter.

Any word on Shump or Kyrie? I'm hoping it wasn't a big deal for either of them.
Lue reported that neither was serious-t hat Kyrie might even play tomorrow vs. the Clips- that he just had "tightness" in his knee

Shumpert had a "shoulder sprain"

if i were to bet- id bet each of them miss tomorrow nights game- but Korver will be back tomorrow supposedly

its just maddening that as soon as they get guys back- other guys get knicked up- when will this Cavs team get their whole team on the floor? it hasnt happened yet. Lets hope it does before the end of the year.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preach John Wall

Before having to sit out the last five games last year because of bad knees that would soon require surgery, John Wall missed 13, 16 and 33 games in his first three seasons with the Wizards. To miss a game when 100% healthy? Unacceptable.

"That’s the difference about our league now. It’s kind of gotten a little softer," Wall told CSNmidatlantic.com, comparing today's NBA to previous eras. "Guys sit out and rest. I understand the coach made a decision, you can’t go against what the coach said or the doctor said."

"I'm not the type of guy who wants to sit down and rest. I think you owe it to the fans," Wall said. "They paid money to come see us play. That's how a professional goes out there and competes. If nothing is hurt, you can play go play.

John Wall: NBA has gone 'softer' by allowing healthy players to 'rest'

I mentioned last week that the Wiz cut down their practices and practice time, so the players could play all the games.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lue reported that neither was serious-t hat Kyrie might even play tomorrow vs. the Clips- that he just had "tightness" in his knee

Shumpert had a "shoulder sprain"

if i were to bet- id bet each of them miss tomorrow nights game- but Korver will be back tomorrow supposedly

its just maddening that as soon as they get guys back- other guys get knicked up- when will this Cavs team get their whole team on the floor? it hasnt happened yet. Lets hope it does before the end of the year.

Yeah, its frustrating. As long as it all comes together health-wise at the right time, though, it might even be for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.