• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think you understand that the Cavs realize and concede that they dont matchup well against traditional centers- they just dont care. When they guard the 3 pt line like they did last night- they win. Their defense has been so shaky since last year they did a great job guarding the 3 pt line- this year they have done a really poor job.

I mean- i remember watching Mozgov go for damn near 30 against the Warriors in the Finals- becuase they just didnt care- they knew that even if Mozgov got 40- there is no way they were going to lose to the Cavs if there offense revolved around post scoring.

the Cavs front office has done an excellent job of analyzing of where to spend money on the roster- where to emphasize their defensive attention- what lineups to play guys in.

I mean- like you said- Vucevic put up big time numbers the other night against the Cavs- Gobert the same thing- but the Cavs will let those guys do whatever they want if it means having a good night guarding the perimeter beause they know a plodding center having a big game CANT beat them. They will exchange 2's for 3's all night- and come away with the W.

Why is everything with you about this Cavs roster?

If you want to argue that Tristan is a better fit for the Cavs vs Warriors, whatever.
There could be merit to that.

In general though, the overall talent difference between the 2 isn't even in the same stratosphere.

The Heat beat you both inside and outside, twice.
Correct?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because a group of NBA writers lists him as a top 6 guard doesn't make him one. But I don't think he'll make the All-NBA team over Curry/Westbrook/Harden/DeRozan/Lillard/Wall/Thomas, but I guess we'll see.
dont we have a bet on this already? or am i mistaken?.....did we just discuss it? I could have swore we at least discussed it---- I have what my All NBA teams are on the other thread i created.....

but no way Lillard makes it over Kyrie this year....Derozan neither....

first team is obviously Harden and RW

second team i would prob put Curry (though Curry hasnt had the best of years) and Thomas

third team Wall and Kyrie

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden/Beverly are over 15 per game. Beal/Wall are 14.3. Holiday/Frazier are at 12.4. There may be others.
My bad-----good call and Wall and Beverly

i didnt go to the 2nd page- they only listed the top 40 on the first page.

LeBron of course- as i said was 5th in the NBA, Kyrie 20th.

Harden 1st, Beverly tied for 42nd.

Wall 2nd, Beale 52nd.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy is the rank 'expert", and daily offers the opinion that only top rated players can win.

I'm just wondering how the Heat players keep kicking their asses.

Does it really matter if the Heat beat the Cavs? Your team is still looking up @ them in the standings. And if you look @ the best teams in the league this year (G.S., S.A., Houston, Cleveland) all 4 of them have lost to teams w/ worse records. Since you insist on mentioning all the time that the Heat have beaten the Cavs why not mention on a regular basis that G.S. lost to Minnesota not long ago or that S.A. lost to the Brickabockers earlier this month or that Houston lost to your Heat this month as well? It's not right you always bring up Cavs losses to lesser teams when all the teams I've mentioned have also lost games to lesser opponents.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it really matter if the Heat beat the Cavs? Your team is still looking up @ them in the standings. And if you look @ the best teams in the league this year (G.S., S.A., Houston, Cleveland) all 4 of them have lost to teams w/ worse records. Since you insist on mentioning all the time that the Heat have beaten the Cavs why not mention on a regular basis that G.S. lost to Minnesota not long ago or that S.A. lost to the Brickabockers earlier this month or that Houston lost to your Heat this month as well? It's not right you always bring up Cavs losses to lesser teams when all the teams I've mentioned have also lost games to lesser opponents.

Maybe cause Wiggy was predicting a total revenge blowout all day?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you don't see why it's brought up then I can't help you. Wiggy has constantly shitted on the Heat roster all year long. Heck even after the Heat won the first end of the H&H, he was shitting on them promising how the Cavs would destroy Miami and etc.

As I said if you can't see why it is brought up by Heat fans then you're just clueless.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
clearly still jizzin' over a regular season win and spamming Kyrie and LeClown. usual stuff. nothing to see here...
i was just really impressed by LeBron in that regular season win...im assuming you didnt watch the game- did you?

the game was tied going into the 4th qtr--- Korver was sitting out, and Shumpert got hurt- so theres 2 of your best wings not playing

Love didnt play a minute in the 4th because of his minutes restriction coming back from injury- and Kyrie's knee tightened up on him so he didnt play the 4th qtr either.

So--- no Love, Kyrie, Shumpert, Korver, Derrick Williams- all not avaliable for the 4th qtr---

and LeBron just went ape shit tearing the Jazz a new asshole- one of the best defensive teams in the league- and the stingiest defense in the league on a points per game basis.

If I were to have make an argument for LeBron's MVP candidacy- that 4th qtr. would very likely be Exhibit 1A. 17 of his 33 were in the 4th.

To quote one of the more eloquent players in the league:
James' big fourth quarter was no surprise to the Jazz, who had won six of seven going into the game.

"That's why LeBron is who he is," Hayward said. "He took over the game when we were right there in the fourth."

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was just really impressed by LeBron in that regular season win...im assuming you didnt watch the game- did you?

the game was tied going into the 4th qtr--- Korver was sitting out, and Shumpert got hurt- so theres 2 of your best wings not playing

Love didnt play a minute in the 4th because of his minutes restriction coming back from injury- and Kyrie's knee tightened up on him so he didnt play the 4th qtr either.

So--- no Love, Kyrie, Shumpert, Korver, Derrick Williams- all not avaliable for the 4th qtr---

and LeBron just went ape shit tearing the Jazz a new asshole- one of the best defensive teams in the league- and the stingiest defense in the league on a points per game basis.

If I were to have make an argument for LeBron's MVP candidacy- that 4th qtr. would very likely be Exhibit 1A. 17 of his 33 were in the 4th.

James' big fourth quarter was no surprise to the Jazz, who had won six of seven going into the game.

"That's why LeBron is who he is," Hayward said. "He took over the game when we were right there in the fourth."

SHUT UP! Damn.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What is the point of this post again?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

blah-dee blah-dee blah...:rolleyes2:

as i said, nothing to see here...

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TJL is glad you agree.:D

vztc6Bw.gif

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly--- any team can lose to any team. I mean- you dont see the Heat fans bringing up the fact that the Orlando Magic have OWNED them this year.

what will that mean once the ball is thrown up in the playoffs? Absolutely ZERO of course.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami need to win tonight to avoid losing ground. I don't think they can expect much help from Toronto in Detroit or the Lakers hosting the Bucks at home.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the "What has Kryie won without LeBron" thing. I really do. And there's no doubt LeBron is a HUGE part of Kyrie's accomplishments.

But, I mean, come on. I really have to question anyone that really puts much stock into his first 3 seasons on a dumpster fire roster, all before he even hit legal drinking age.

To compare those 3 seasons to Wade's 7 seasons with an elite organization and very talented teammates certainly seems unfair.

The list of players who lead their team to great things within their first couple seasons is extremely rare and always involve coming into a very fortunate situation. Duncan, Wade, and Magic are the main ones that come to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.