• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean- there are quite a few shots that you can argue- but to simply dismiss Kyrie's shot as not in the conversation would be assinine.

I mean- it capped off the greatest comeback in the history of the NBA- it stopped the Warriors from completing the greatest winning season in the history of the NBA- it broke Cleveland's stretch of no championships since 1964- and thats before even getting into the game specifics- which are as story-book as they come.

Game 7
on the road
tie game
less than 1 minute to go
being guarded by the 2 time defending MVP
swishing a dagger in his eye

I mean- if you were just dreaming up the ultimate shot- it wouldnt be too far off that. There are certainly other shots that you can make an argument for--- but no doubt the argument can be made for Kyrie's shot.

There was more pressure on Allen's shot.
Heat was losing game, and would have been eliminated all together.

If Kyrie misses, its still tie.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA Player Power Rankings: B/R's Top 30 Point Guards at the Halfway Point

Here's a legit argument where Kyrie is at 8.
The knock on Kyrie HAS to be that he can't win anything without James.
As you say, the record is what it is.

Find me ANY independent article that lists Tristan as a better C then Whiteside.

I'll wait, just like I'm waiting for you to accept the bet you proposed, or waiting for you to tell me where you rank Cousins and A.D. league wide.

And Lillard and Thomas are ranked below him -- so you could even argue Irving at 9 or 10, if you really wanted to. I won't, but you could if you wanted to.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was more pressure on Allen's shot.
Heat was losing game, and would have been eliminated all together.

If Kyrie misses, its still tie.
Game 6 vs. Game 7--- but no- i agree- you could make an ARGUMENT for Allen. there are a handful of shots you can make an argument for.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA Player Power Rankings: B/R's Top 30 Point Guards at the Halfway Point

Here's a legit argument where Kyrie is at 8.
The knock on Kyrie HAS to be that he can't win anything without James.
As you say, the record is what it is.

Find me ANY independent article that lists Tristan as a better C then Whiteside.

I'll wait, just like I'm waiting for you to accept the bet you proposed, or waiting for you to tell me where you rank Cousins and A.D. league wide.

Yeah, Kyrie's not done any favors in this area. Kyrie actually has been having a really good year. He has to be factored in with Russ, Harden, Curry and CP3. The only person on that list I'd put above is Lowry and possibly Kemba Walker.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Lillard and Thomas are ranked below him -- so you could even argue Irving at 9 or 10, if you really wanted to. I won't, but you could if you wanted to.
when NBA writers who are PAID to cover the league choose him as one of the top 6 guards- REGARDLESS of point or shooting for the 2nd time in 3 years (of course he was never going to get it coming off missing 2 months and the injury last year) thatll be plenty for me! lol.

I dont have Kyrie as a top 10 player in the league quite yet- but have him somewhere between 11-15...and I couldnt imagine anyone that watches the game of basketball would have him outside the top 20 players in the game.

he is just so freaking amazing.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when NBA writers who are PAID to cover the league choose him as one of the top 6 guards- REGARDLESS of point or shooting for the 2nd time in 3 years (of course he was never going to get it coming off missing 2 months and the injury last year) thatll be plenty for me! lol.

I dont have Kyrie as a top 10 player in the league quite yet- but have him somewhere between 11-15...and I couldnt imagine anyone that watches the game of basketball would have him outside the top 20 players in the game.

There are dozen of articles written by PAID writers.
Some have Kyrie top 6, MANY don't.
Find us ONE where Tristan is better then Whiteside.

Kyrie without James = LOSING.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Kyrie's not done any favors in this area. Kyrie actually has been having a really good year. He has to be factored in with Russ, Harden, Curry and CP3. The only person on that list I'd put above is Lowry and possibly Kemba Walker.
Right around this age is when you saw Westbrook's assist really start to jump....now- with LeBron James on the team - who just might be hte best passer in the NBA- Kyrie is never going to have gaudy double digist assist numbers- but out of all the players in the league that are 2nd on their team in assists- Kyrie is 2nd only to Curry.

LeBron is of course 5th in the league in assist at 8.8 a game (and him and Draymond are by FAR the highest non-point guards- Draymond is 9th in the league at 7.1- next closest non-point guard is the versatile Nik Batum tied with Goran Dragic for 20th in the league).

Kyrie is also tied with Dragic and Batum for #20 in the league in assists.

I mean- thats pretty crazy. Golden State and Cleveland are obviously everyone's favorites to make it to the Finals- and of course everyone knows no teams have EVER met in the Finals 3 straight times....

Curry and Draymond combine for 13.4 APG
LeBron and Kyrie combine for 14.7 apg

next two highest teammate are:

Kemba and Batum- at a combined 11.4 apg--- thats a pretty big dropoff.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just because a group of NBA writers lists him as a top 6 guard doesn't make him one. But I don't think he'll make the All-NBA team over Curry/Westbrook/Harden/DeRozan/Lillard/Wall/Thomas, but I guess we'll see.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are dozen of articles written by PAID writers.
Some have Kyrie top 6, MANY don't.
Find us ONE where Tristan is better then Whiteside.

Kyrie without James = LOSING.

But w/ LeBron Kyrie is a champion. Sorry to break that news to you!:D

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You love the ranking game.
Where are Cousins and AD?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right around this age is when you saw Westbrook's assist really start to jump....now- with LeBron James on the team - who just might be hte best passer in the NBA- Kyrie is never going to have gaudy double digist assist numbers- but out of all the players in the league that are 2nd on their team in assists- Kyrie is 2nd only to Curry.

LeBron is of course 5th in the league in assist at 8.8 a game (and him and Draymond are by FAR the highest non-point guards- Draymond is 9th in the league at 7.1- next closest non-point guard is the versatile Nik Batum tied with Goran Dragic for 20th in the league).

I mean- thats pretty crazy. Golden State and Cleveland are obviously everyone's favorites to make it to the Finals- and of course everyone knows no teams have EVER met in the Finals 3 straight times....

Stop kissing LeBron's ass.

signed: EVERYBODY

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But w/ LeBron Kyrie is a champion. Sorry to break that news to you!:D

Agree.
LeBron has elevated many players to a championship level.
Elite players though, find ways to win as the team leader.
James without Kyrie, Love...with Delly still got them to game 6.

Kyrie without James couldn't get close to 8 seed in some years where the bottom of the East was horrific.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.
LeBron has elevated many players to a championship level.
Elite players though, find ways to win as the team leader.
James without Kyrie, Love...with Delly still got them to game 6.

I'd just like 1 day here on SportsHoopla where wiggy isn't swinging from LeBron's nuts.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another day, another Wiggy.

I think he's still shook up over how Gobert was destroying Tristan.
i dont think you understand that the Cavs realize and concede that they dont matchup well against traditional centers- they just dont care. When they guard the 3 pt line like they did last night- they win. Their defense has been so shaky since last year they did a great job guarding the 3 pt line- this year they have done a really poor job.

I mean- i remember watching Mozgov go for damn near 30 against the Warriors in the Finals- becuase they just didnt care- they knew that even if Mozgov got 40- there is no way they were going to lose to the Cavs if there offense revolved around post scoring.

the Cavs front office has done an excellent job of analyzing of where to spend money on the roster- where to emphasize their defensive attention- what lineups to play guys in.

I mean- like you said- Vucevic put up big time numbers the other night against the Cavs- Gobert the same thing- but the Cavs will let those guys do whatever they want if it means having a good night guarding the perimeter beause they know a plodding center having a big game CANT beat them. They will exchange 2's for 3's all night- and come away with the W.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure where to rank them. One thing for sure though, neither of them are C's.

Wiggy is the rank 'expert", and daily offers the opinion that only top rated players can win.

I'm just wondering how the Heat players keep kicking their asses.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Harden/Beverly are over 15 per game. Beal/Wall are 14.3. Holiday/Frazier are at 12.4. There may be others.

Status
Not open for further replies.