• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didnt you get one of the hundreds of memos that he sucks?
Slow, plodding, cant defend, lazy, head case.
Plus anything positive he does should be disqualified because they lose every night.:dhd:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt you get one of the hundreds of memos that he sucks?
Slow, plodding, cant defend, lazy, head case.
Plus anything positive he does should be disqualified because they lose every night.:dhd:
I never said he sucks- i said you will never win putting a quarter of your payroll into a center that cant shoot, cant pass,and cant switch.

If he made a little under Tristan money and was happy being a garbage man- getting his shots off of breaks and offensive rebounds and broken plays--- hey thats cool...he could be really helpful at the 4th or 5th guy on a title contender.

if he thinks he is going to get 12 shots a game and post ups (which he is abysmal at- and should never be taking)- then no way.

he is def. not a #2 and prob not even a #3 on a team that has aspirations of winning a conference or a title---- its hard to pay a guy max money like that and have enough left to put #1 and #2 type guys on your team- unless you just get really lucky in the draft- or have enough assets to trade for one....(which Miami really has neither of those avenues open).

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said he sucks- i said you will never win putting a quarter of your payroll into a center that cant shoot, cant pass,and cant switch.

If he made a little under Tristan money and was happy being a garbage man- getting his shots off of breaks and offensive rebounds and broken plays--- hey thats cool...he could be really helpful at the 4th or 5th guy on a title contender.

if he thinks he is going to get 12 shots a game and post ups (which he is abysmal at- and should never be taking)- then no way.

he is def. not a #2 and prob not even a #3 on a team that has aspirations of winning a conference or a title---- its hard to pay a guy max money like that and have enough left to put #1 and #2 type guys on your team- unless you just get really lucky in the draft- or have enough assets to trade for one....(which Miami really has neither of those avenues open).

Nothing but your opinion.

Why did 6 billionaires who own 20% of the NBA franchises offer him a max?

Just admit you are very negative to him because the Heat found/developed him.
Your top 15 list was just more proof.
No logical way to put any of the 3 C you listed above him.

I love the "little under Tristan money part", btw!

Props for throwing Dragic a bone.
Hes been really, really good.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing but your opinion.

Why did 6 billionaires who own 20% of the NBA franchises offer him a max?

Just admit you are very negative to him because the Heat found/developed him.
Your top 15 list was just more proof.
No logical way to put any of the 3 C you listed above him.

I love the "little under Tristan money part", btw!

Props for throwing Dragic a bone.
Hes been really, really good.

Who are the 6 teams that offered him a max contract? Miami, Dallas, Lakers? Blazers? Are any of these confirmed?

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love watching Suns games. Intriguing young team. Devin Booker is a beast and Marquese Chriss has been getting it together since the ASB. Plus Alan Williams is most likely going to get paid since he's significantly better than Len.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"he is def. not a #2 and prob not even a #3 on a team that has aspirations of winning a conference or a title---- its hard to pay a guy max money like that and have enough left to put #1 and #2 type guys on your team- unless you just get really lucky in the draft- or have enough assets to trade for one....(which Miami really has neither of those avenues open)."

What do the following top league players all have in common?

Durant
Curry
Klay
Draymond
Harden
LeBron
Kyrie
A.D.
Cousins
George
DeRozan
Kemba
KAT
Wiggins
Howard
Millsap
Drummond
Wade
Butler
Giannis

all have been roadkill to the Heat

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are the 6 teams that offered him a max contract? Miami, Dallas, Lakers? Blazers? Are any of these confirmed?

I think Rockets was another and don't recall the 6th.
The number 6 just sticks out in my mind as to what was being said during FA even though it really was always down to just 3.
Heat, Blazers or Mavs from what I've heard/read.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Rockets was another and don't recall the 6th.
The number 6 just sticks out in my mind as to what was being said during FA even though it really was always down to just 3.
Heat, Blazers or Mavs from what I've heard/read.

Pretty sure he only met with Dallas and Miami during the free agency period . . . so I'm not sure if any of those other teams actually/officially offered him a deal.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron is having the better season statistically: Real Plus Minus

If you want to make an award for Best Stats, and give the MVP to the actual most VALUABLE player, I'm good with it.

Whether you agree with it or not, the fact is that stats are the main thing looked at for MVP. Statistically speaking Westbrook and Harden are having better seasons and Westbrook is on the verge of making history.

When Lebron doesn't win it, you can come on here and tell us all about how the voters got it wrong and how you had Lebron as your MVP. But it still won't give him the trophy.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure he only met with Dallas and Miami during the free agency period . . . so I'm not sure if any of those other teams actually/officially offered him a deal.

Prob splitting hairs.
The teams prob reached out to his people, letting them know their hopes/intentions that they would offer if he was interested.
I'm pretty sure he had 6 possible options to choose from.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chock full of stupid.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Lakers were set to offer a max and indicated as much to his agent. However, he narrowed down his choices before free agency officially started.

It was also made pretty clear that if the Heat gave him a max, he was staying put. Otherwise, he may have had even more offers.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a long winded way of saying he sucks.

Funny how he thinks he knows what it takes to win.
Every team he has predicted to improve for the last 2 seasons has pretty much been terrible.
Cavs have James, so it's very easy to be good.

Does Whiteside need to be a great passer or outside shooter?
Of course not.
No more than a guard needs to be a great rebounder or shot blocker.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is ready to have their bracket busted?

upload_2017-3-16_11-16-29.png

Status
Not open for further replies.