• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bold prediction of the year: Cavs don't make the finals.

Because... whythefucknot :D

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bold prediction of the year: Cavs don't make the finals.

Because... whythefucknot :D
giphy.gif

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly the most non-surprise on this list is Curry's EFG. He's been really bad this year in crunch time. I think a lot of that honestly falls on Kerr though. Instead of letting Curry do his thing in the pick and roll, he kind of insists on consistently running the offense through. It's one of the more frustrating parts about having Kerr as a coach. He's developed such a great system, that he relies on it too much instead of going to what's natural for the players when it's not working.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly the most non-surprise on this list is Curry's EFG. He's been really bad this year in crunch time. I think a lot of that honestly falls on Kerr though. Instead of letting Curry do his thing in the pick and roll, he kind of insists on consistently running the offense through. It's one of the more frustrating parts about having Kerr as a coach. He's developed such a great system, that he relies on it too much instead of going to what's natural for the players when it's not working.

Yeah the other problem is sample size, though. I mean how many close games have the Warriors even been in. How many shots has Curry even gotten up in that situation?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Wright from FS1 has to be the biggest moron in the world. Literally just said that the Dubs shouldn't have signed Durant and instead kept Harrison Barnes and sign him to a max.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the east is so tough. Why would someone say that when the Cavs are clearly the best team in a weak East?

Everyone here has said since July that they will make the finals. Not sure what lame point you're trying to prove
exactly

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What point were you trying to prove? Please remind me

The Cavs defense is shit. Doesn't mean we think they're not making it out of the east. I'll keep posting about how shitty the cavs defense until they give me a reason to stop.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What point were you trying to prove? Please remind me

The Cavs defense is shit. Doesn't mean we think they're not making it out of the east. I'll keep posting about how shitty the cavs defense until they give me a reason to stop.
it must not be that shitty if you think they far and away the best team in the East, lol.....

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the other problem is sample size, though. I mean how many close games have the Warriors even been in. How many shots has Curry even gotten up in that situation?

Yeah sample size is definitely an issue, but it's the same pattern I have noticed over Kerr's coaching career. The Warriors generally have not been very good in any of the games I've witnessed in close games. I think it's Kerr's inflexibility towards the end of the game to deviate, and kind of put the ball in your best player's hands to create.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Wright from FS1 has to be the biggest moron in the world. Literally just said that the Dubs shouldn't have signed Durant and instead kept Harrison Barnes and sign him to a max.

I've seen him like a few times and each time I come away thinking "this guy is the biggest idiot ever". I don't think he ever makes any coherent arguments. He's just there to stir shit up and not even in a half way decent argument way.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen him like a few times and each time I come away thinking "this guy is the biggest idiot ever". I don't think he ever makes any coherent arguments. He's just there to stir shit up and not even in a half way decent argument way.

Yeah, I don't know how he got the gig he has. He's a more annoying version of Skip Bayless. Dude had me lost when he said the Warriors should've stuck with Barnes. Failing to mention that Barnes lack of productivity in the Finals is one of the main reasons why the Dubs lost in the Finals in the first place. He also mentioned Bogut who as we all know now if often injured.

The fact that this guy makes well into 6-figures is just sad.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow you're stupid.
in the Cavs recent losses they have scored 101, 98, 92, 99, and 99,--- an offense- that even with those games averaged in - is an East leading 110 points per game.

If you think its just their defense that is playing poorly right now you are a complete moron. Its the whole team- both sides- because there is no continuity.

In those 5 losses they are averaging 97.8 pts per game- which would be WORST in the East. Its not just their defense why they are losing right now- its because there offense has gone from the best in the league- to the worst in the league during their last 5 losses.

get a clue. dumbass

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well if KD can't recover from this injury this year he might have a point, but other than that this guy is dumb as hell lol

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if KD can't recover from this injury this year he might have a point, but other than that this guy is dumb as hell lol

Durant made the Warriors better. It's clear that Bogut is injury prone and that Barnes wasn't worth the contract he wanted/got. Barnes was the main reason the Dubs didn't repeat. You could also say that the Cavs could've used other players then what Lebron is making. If Lebron's injures, we know the Cavs are doing a whole lot of nothing. Injuries in sports happens. Doesn't make signing Durant a bad move. Just shit luck.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it must not be that shitty if you think they far and away the best team in the East, lol.....
in the Cavs recent losses they have scored 101, 98, 92, 99, and 99,--- an offense- that even with those games averaged in - is an East leading 110 points per game.

If you think its just their defense that is playing poorly right now you are a complete moron. Its the whole team- both sides- because there is no continuity.

In those 5 losses they are averaging 97.8 pts per game- which would be WORST in the East. Its not just their defense why they are losing right now- its because there offense has gone from the best in the league- to the worst in the league during their last 5 losses.

get a clue. dumbass

Their defense been bad the entire year you stupid fuck. You're not 23rd or 24th in DEF EFF by just a rough stretch of games. You're there because through 60+ games your defense is trash.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come back to me when you realize I'm talking about the entire season and not just like the last 5 games you piece of shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.