• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me get this straight. based on a 4-19 record and just glancing over the fact that half those games kevin love and or kyrie also didn't play, you came to the conclusion that a team led by kyrie and kevin love in the east couldn't even make the playoffs? ROFL

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to take things in context. First, 11 games in the regular season i don't want to draw any conclusions. Second, If lebron wasn't on the team they would have an entirely different style of play and different lineups to maximize the other players get comfortable in who they were playing with each and every night. Sorry that hurts your feeling so much

And once again, the Heat proved during the Lebron era in Miami that they could maintain a decent record without him. We clearly knew that we weren't going to win a title without Lebron. But I bet that Miami team would've made the playoffs without Lebron - and try to argue with me on that because we saw a Bosh/Wade combo make the playoffs two years after Lebron's departure.

This has more to do with the fact that given the sample size, the Cavs are just shit without Lebron. You act like the Miami and Cleveland teams weren't constructed in a similar fashion.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last i checked lebron led the heat in points, rebounds, assists, steals and blocks throughout the playoffs

That doesn't scream more help to me

Didn't he do that this last playoffs? He's the best player in the league and will likely go down in just about everyone's top 5 all-time player when his career's over.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's why I think Lebron should be in contention to win MVP, which he is, but I think Harden in my eyes is the favorite. He is having the best year of his career IMO

I can't give him MVP, because his team is underachieving during the regular season. And I understand why, he's conserving energy for the playoffs. He's not going to go Westbrook and go 100 MPH every game during the season. Houston will likely finish with a better regular season record, and will have done so with far less tools than what Cleveland has. Which is why I think Harden gets it this year.

But Lebron is further solidifying his case why he's so god damn good. As much as I hate to say it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And once again, the Heat proved during the Lebron era in Miami that they could maintain a decent record without him. We clearly knew that we weren't going to win a title without Lebron. But I bet that Miami team would've made the playoffs without Lebron - and try to argue with me on that because we saw a Bosh/Wade combo make the playoffs two years after Lebron's departure.

This has more to do with the fact that given the sample size, the Cavs are just shit without Lebron. You act like the Miami and Cleveland teams weren't constructed in a similar fashion.

I think I saw an article by Skip saying Lebron has no excuses now bc he got his backup PG and rim protector. I think he has a pretty good team around him, the best since he has joined the Cavs but without him they aren't winning anything, obviously. Like I said earlier, I think he should be considered for MVP.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I saw an article by Skip saying Lebron has no excuses now bc he got his backup PG and rim protector. I think he has a pretty good team around him, the best since he has joined the Cavs but without him they aren't winning anything, obviously. Like I said earlier, I think he should be considered for MVP.

I agree. He should be considered and will likely finish 3rd. But yeah, he has no more excuses if this team stays healthy.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't give him MVP, because his team is underachieving during the regular season. And I understand why, he's conserving energy for the playoffs. He's not going to go Westbrook and go 100 MPH every game during the season. Houston will likely finish with a better regular season record, and will have done so with far less tools than what Cleveland has. Which is why I think Harden gets it this year.

But Lebron is further solidifying his case why he's so god damn good. As much as I hate to say it.

I agree with pretty much everything but Harden does have a lot of weapons, but I agree not the weapons the Cavs do. Remember though JR has been out for awhile.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is why small sample sizes are so stupid to look at and make a conclusion. Obviously the cavs would be better than 4-19. If you look at win share lebron led every year in Miami and every year in Cleveland....except for one year, Kyrie had a higher win share...Lebron has teammates suited directly to strengthen his style of play, as they should.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So u think lebron just won the championship with a lottery team? Do you have him as the GOAT?
Pretty much- and I'm pretty sure most people here also think HE is the team- given the 4-19 record they have when he doesn't play. No he isn't the GOAT in my book. I understand that is debatable depending on who you're talking to though.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I gave a fuck, I'd look it up for you, but I don't.

Then don't post a meaningless stat if you don't know the full details. The stat says absolutely nothing, but thanks for trying.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me get this straight. based on a 4-19 record and just glancing over the fact that half those games kevin love and or kyrie also didn't play, you came to the conclusion that a team led by kyrie and kevin love in the east couldn't even make the playoffs? ROFL
I'm starting to think you don't understand the meaning of keeping records. If we didn't use this data to draw conclusions then how else would we rank teams? Further, why do YOU think records are kept?

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to think you don't understand the meaning of keeping records. If we didn't use this data to draw conclusions then how else would we rank teams? Further, why do YOU think records are kept?

Okay, since you are so obsessed with record no matter what size the sample is, Here is some stats for you...It's Kyrie vs Curry head to head finals stats

Kyrie - 27.1 ppg, 3.9 apg, 3.9 rpg, 2.1 spg, 0.7 bpg, 2.57 to's, 46.8 fg%, 40.5 3pt%, 93.9 ft%.

Stephanie - 22.6 ppg, 3.7 apg, 4.9 rpg, 0.9 spg, 0.7 bpg, 4.29 to's, 40.3 fg%, 40.0 3pt%, 92.9 ft%.

Kyrie led Stephanie in points, assists, steals, fg, 3pt, and ft percentage.

Stephanie led Kyrie in rebounds and turnovers.

They tied in blocks.

Does this prove Irving is better than Curry?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why small sample sizes are so stupid to look at and make a conclusion. Obviously the cavs would be better than 4-19. If you look at win share lebron led every year in Miami and every year in Cleveland....except for one year, Kyrie had a higher win share...Lebron has teammates suited directly to strengthen his style of play, as they should.
So why is it so "obvious"? I mean in the 23 games they DID play they lost more than they won. So what makes us believe the more games they play the more they would win?

Status
Not open for further replies.