• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I wish they would just do away with fan voting. Or at least change the % once again. Move player votes to 50% and drop fan voting to 25%.

Disagree. The all star game is for the fans. That's how the league has always promoted it. It's supposed to be who the fans want to see, not who the media or players want to see.

Last edited:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meagan Good?

I would lick her ass like a pudding pop

Oh yea, I'd let her give me pink eye on any given day of the week. Except Saturday, that day's sacred. You know, college football and all. I do have *some* decency.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He deserves the start on the same basis as Kyrie.

Thomas and Westbrook have better stats.

Kyrie and Steph have better records.

#RewardWinning

Yup. Whiteside's been playing ridiculously as well. But I'm not up in arms that he's basically not getting any all-star consideration. Our record sucks so why am I going to get butt hurt about it?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Whiteside's been playing ridiculously as well. But I'm not up in arms that he's basically not getting any all-star consideration. Our record sucks so why am I going to get butt hurt about it?

Yeah me either. I must admit it was nice to see he finished 2nd in the voting when it came to Centers. Only Embiid was ahead of him. Tough for Centers to get in anyway because there are so many great forwards in the east

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I'm against trading Goran. Guy is playing his best ball in 3 or 4 years. I would give him another season. See what we could do in the offseason to add a better group of players surrounding him and Hassan. If we are still a really shitty team at this point next year then you trade him by the 2018 deadline
Outside of Dragic at age 30, the guys I could see being part of their future(Whiteside, T. Johnson, Richardson, Winslow, Waiters) are all young with only Whiteside over 25. While Dragic could land them another talented young player or future draft pick, you'd like some veteran experience on the team. Add a top 10 lottery pick to that core, maybe a PF, along with a few other upgrades and the Heat could be in the mix for a playoff spot next year.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. The all star game is for the fans. That's how the league has always promoted it. It's supposed to be who the fans want to see, not who the media or players want to see.

Problem is, when the system was put into place, fans basically voted once on a paper ballot you got at games or had to mail in.
Now, the internet allows unlimited votes by people who are often times trying to make a mockery of the system.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree 100% with this.
Statistically he's good enough, but whatever, we have 2nd worst record in the league.
That's why I don't even care that Westbrook isn't starting.
Great talent, but he always has the ball, so of course he's going to have the stats.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is, when the system was put into place, fans basically voted once on a paper ballot you got at games or had to mail in.
Now, the internet allows unlimited votes by people who are often times trying to make a mockery of the system.

Then the NBA should get rid of Internet voting. You want to vote? Go to a game. Or, put software in that limits votes. Taking away or lessening the impact of the vote of those the game is for, is pretty stupid.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then the NBA should get rid of Internet voting. You want to vote? Go to a game. Or, put software in that limits votes. Taking away or lessening the impact of the vote of those the game is for, is pretty stupid.

Yep.
Should limit it to something like 3 votes per IP address, but then you still gotta deal with twitter votes and whatever else there is.
Case in point, didn't Justin Bieber get Lowry voted in a couple seasons back by asked all his followers to vote?
It's ridiculous.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.
Should limit it to something like 3 votes per IP address, but then you still gotta deal with twitter votes and whatever else there is.
Case in point, didn't Justin Bieber get Lowry voted in a couple seasons back by asked all his followers to vote?
It's ridiculous.

There shouldn't be any social media voting at all, imo.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100% with this.
Statistically he's good enough, but whatever, we have 2nd worst record in the league.
That's why I don't even care that Westbrook isn't starting.
Great talent, but he always has the ball, so of course he's going to have the stats.

My dude. You get me.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah me either. I must admit it was nice to see he finished 2nd in the voting when it came to Centers. Only Embiid was ahead of him. Tough for Centers to get in anyway because there are so many great forwards in the east

And that's accurate. Embiid's outplaying Whiteside, but that's expected given Embiid's hype. Whiteside's play hasn't let me down. He's a really good player

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sitting in the cafeteria at my son's college waiting for him to get out of class. Can hear a group of students talking. Their conversation seriously has me considering shooting myself. Just can't decide if I should shoot them first. :L

No way my friends and I had conversations that stupid.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of Dragic at age 30, the guys I could see being part of their future(Whiteside, T. Johnson, Richardson, Winslow, Waiters) are all young with only Whiteside over 25. While Dragic could land them another talented young player or future draft pick, you'd like some veteran experience on the team. Add a top 10 lottery pick to that core, maybe a PF, along with a few other upgrades and the Heat could be in the mix for a playoff spot next year.

I don't Waiters anywhere near this team for the long-term. From the few games I've seen - nope.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sitting in the cafeteria at my son's college waiting for him to get out of class. Can hear a group of students talking. Their conversation seriously has me considering shooting myself. Just can't decide if I should shoot them first. :L

No way my friends and I had conversations that stupid.

I don't have kids. But wait until those little shits are running this country. I mean we just had an election of Trump and Clinton (that's as far as I'll go into politics, I pinky swear). I'm moving to a fucking tropical island.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it matter who starts the ASG? Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought contract bonuses only count all star selection in general, not if you're a starter or reserve. If that's the case, who the fuck cares. Both Westbrook and Thomas will be all stars this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.