• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most surprising stat I posted, imo, is that his Assists per game are down from 6.7 to 5.8, I figured with Durant there he'd be up in the 7.5 range.

It's more of an offensive philosophy shift than it is production from Curry. Draymond acts as the de-facto point guard for the team now. If you watch the Warriors half court offense, Draymond is the facilitator of the offense. They do this so they can run, Curry, Klay and Durant off the ball for open shots. When you think about it, it's what makes this team so dangerous that they can run all 3 of those guys off the ball and have your PF be your point guard.

Curry plays off the ball much more than he ever has in his career. Which is not necessarily a great thing also, imo, but that's another discussion.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's more of an offensive philosophy shift than it is production from Curry. Draymond acts as the de-facto point guard for the team now. If you watch the Warriors half court offense. Draymond is the facilitator of the offense. They do this so they can run, Curry, Klay and Durant off the ball for open shots. When you think about it, it's what makes this team so dangerous that they can run all 3 of those guys off the ball and have your PF be your point guard.
Yea, Draymond has pretty good vision and is a solid passer for a big man, but his handles are pretty shit-tier, cost them quite a few possessions in the finals last year just because he couldn't sustain his dribble.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most surprising stat I posted, imo, is that his Assists per game are down from 6.7 to 5.8, I figured with Durant there he'd be up in the 7.5 range.
That's because Dray is executing the offense a lot now. Steph is trying to move more without the ball. He & Klay are great threats in that offense.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's more of an offensive philosophy shift than it is production from Curry. Draymond acts as the de-facto point guard for the team now. If you watch the Warriors half court offense, Draymond is the facilitator of the offense. They do this so they can run, Curry, Klay and Durant off the ball for open shots. When you think about it, it's what makes this team so dangerous that they can run all 3 of those guys off the ball and have your PF be your point guard.

Curry plays off the ball much more than he ever has in his career. Which is not necessarily a great thing also, imo, but that's another discussion.
Get outta my head!!!!! :D

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, wouldn't it be something if the Mav's buy him out?

Cavs, Rox, PDX could use him.

Maybe even the Spurs.
I'd be interested to see if he'd play for Cleveland....

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's because Dray is the primary playmaker.

I find it interesting that Bron, Dray and Greek Freak all lead their Teams in dimes.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond is averaging less APG than he did last year, I know stats aren't always that telling though.

A lot of times it's hard for me to stay up for a whole GS game, doesn't usually end until around 1:30 or 2 over here on the East Coast, so I'm sure you guys on the West coast know way much about their actual play, compared to me who's only watched 10 or 11 of their games this year.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be interested to see if he'd play for Cleveland....

Me too.

He's not really petty.

So, he'd only to there if he had a solid role, not to spite the Warriors.

He should go to the Rox.

He could get buckets of minutes.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because Dray is the primary playmaker.

I find it interesting that Bron, Dray and Greek Freak all lead their Teams in dimes.

Describing Giannis as a freak, is starting to become an understatement, dude is out of this world.

Him vs Porzingis the other night was awesome.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond is averaging less APG than he did last year, I know stats aren't always that telling though.

A lot of times it's hard for me to stay up for a whole GS game, doesn't usually end until around 1:30 or 2 over here on the East Coast, so I'm sure you guys on the West coast know way much about their actual play, compared to me who's only watched 10 or 11 of their games this year.
I think his apg stat was affected a lot because of the starting core learning how to play with each other over the coarse of the season so far. I would expect that stat to get better with time.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think his apg stat was affected a lot because of the starting core learning how to play with each other over the coarse of the season so far. I would expect that stat to get better with time.
It's not a huge deal, he's still leading the team and when you add the second best player in the world to your roster it's not surprising a lot of guys numbers have regressed.

Only thing that worries me about Steph was the fact his FG% has taken such a huge dip, the other numbers are not a surprising regression.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too.

He's not really petty.

So, he'd only to there if he had a solid role, not to spite the Warriors.

He should go to the Rox.

He could get buckets of minutes.
He already made a comment about the possibility of the Mavs buying out his contract or trading him. He was very up front about knowing the odds.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Describing Giannis as a freak, is starting to become an understatement, dude is out of this world.

Him vs Porzingis the other night was awesome.

Evolution of the big man.

I love the Unicorn.

They need to blow it up and give that kid the keys to the castle.

But, Freak is one of my favorites.

Not just his play, his story.

Kid is living the American Dream.

Reactions: TJL

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That DeCandre deal is going to haunt the Mavs for a while

11-26?

on pace for their worst record since 98?

DeAndre-Jordan-Face-After-Brandon-Knight-Dunk.gif

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a huge deal, he's still leading the team and when you add the second best player in the world to your roster it's not surprising a lot of guys numbers have regressed.

Only thing that worries me about Steph was the fact his FG% has taken such a huge dip, the other numbers are not a surprising regression.
Actually, I'm not worried about Steph. The stats he put up last season were not normal & probably shouldn't be an expectation. He is doing just fine in the grand scheme of things when we look at the rest of the core. Now, if he were only averaging single digits in scoring that IMO would be cause for concern.

Also, we have to consider he wanted to play with KD & even helped recruit him. So in doing that I'm sure a small sacrifice to his stats is what he felt needed to happen in order for KD to fit in & get comfortable. Now that they're all pretty comfortable with their roles Steph can start getting back to being his usual self in terms of being aggressive with his scoring. I've seen him moving in that direction the last handful of games.

Reactions: TJL

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evolution of the big man.

I love the Unicorn.

They need to blow it up and give that kid the keys to the castle.

But, Freak is one of my favorites.

Not just his play, his story.

Kid is living the American Dream.
If they get into the playoffs, I wouldn't be surprised if they could pull off an upset.

I don't think they could beat the Cavs, but if they reach the 6th or 7th seed I could see them taking out the cRaptors or Celtics.

It's funny people for the last 10 or so years have talked about how stacked the WC is compared to the EC, but this year it seems like it's the EC that's much better from top to bottom and the WC just has a few top teams.

The Blazers are sitting in the 8th seed at 16 and 23 right now

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cRaptors remind me of the Kings back in the late 90s and early 00s, right on the cusp, and waiting for them to have their break through year every year, but before we know it their window is going to close and we're just going to remember them for being in LeBron's way, much like the Kings were in Snaq's way.

Status
Not open for further replies.