• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy, I was wrong about that guy.

He's earning his check.

* gives Ezeli, Parsons the siiiiiide eye *

YOU LEAVE FESTUS ALONE!

He'll be back to playing 50 games a year soon enough.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, just think of the quality of basketball you could see in a potential finals rematch between the Cavs and the Warriors:

Irving
JR
Korver
Lebron
Love

vs.

Curry
Klay
McCaw
Durant
Draymond

Gonna be great.

Why you listing non-rotational guys?

* takes rightful place below bridge *

th

Reactions: TJL

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy, I was wrong about that guy.

He's earning his check.

* gives Ezeli, Parsons the siiiiiide eye *
Have to agree- he's been great for Dallas. I always thought he was trying to do too much with GS because of the players around him. If he had only stayed in his lane & played to his strengths maybe he'd still be a Warrior.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klays numbers are virtually identical to what they were last year

15-16 - fg - 8.1, fga- 17.3, FG% 47%, PPG - 22.1, 3p% 42%, apg - 2.1
16-17 - fg -8.1, fga - 17.3, fg% 47%, ppg - 21.3, 3p% 38%, apg - 2

Steph's numbers are the ones that have regressed, a ton due to KD

15-16 fg - 10.2, fga- 20.2, fg% 50%, ppg - 30.1, 3P% 45%, apg - 6.7
16-17 fg - 8.2, fga - 17.3, fg% 47%, ppg 24.8, 3P% 40%, apg - 5.8

I was arguing earlier before the season started that Klay's game wouldn't change at all, after people harped on him having to take a lesser role. I said because of his game, he would need to change the least out of any player on the team.

Curry's numbers have taken a dip, but it's the percentages that are really the most concerning for me. Steph has actually struggled more with open shots than I've seen in his career. He's getting back on the right track, but I think it has less to do with Durant taking away from him, but more so him not being aggressive/cocky enough to take the shots he used to take. I'm talking about the cross over step-back 3's which are horrible for everyone else not named Steph. He's passed those up to take more quality shots and that's the biggest reason for his regression, IMO.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant has regressed points wise, but that's about it, this is also his best defensive year 1.7 BPG and he's shooting at a more efficient clip than ever at 54% from the field.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see the article about McCollum shutting him down when he tried to lecture the Team?

Yeah, I think I commented on that. I like Ezeli's message, but not how he went about getting it out there. For what it's worth, he has championship experience, which is great. The problem is, he's not the best vessel to get that message across right now. He should be approaching Lillard and McCollum and getting them to buy-in, then speak to the team on it.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was arguing earlier before the season started that Klay's game wouldn't change at all, after people harped on him having to take a lesser role. I said because of his game, he would need to change the least out of any player on the team.

Curry's numbers have taken a dip, but it's the percentages that are really the most concerning for me. Steph has actually struggled more with open shots than I've seen in his career. He's getting back on the right track, but I think it has less to do with Durant taking away from him, but more so him not being aggressive/cocky enough to take the shots he used to take. I'm talking about the cross over step-back 3's which are horrible for everyone else not named Steph. He's passed those up to take more quality shots and that's the biggest reason for his regression, IMO.
When he's hitting those step back 30 footers with a hand in his face, and he has that swagger, he's pretty much unstoppable.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to agree- he's been great for Dallas. I always thought he was trying to do too much with GS because of the players around him. If he had only stayed in his lane & played to his strengths maybe he'd still be a Warrior.

Yeah.

But, it could be the Shareef Abdur Rahim, Cedric Ceballos, Carter-Williams in Philly syndrome.

Huge stats, bad Team.

Average, or one-way player, good team.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think I commented on that. I like Ezeli's message, but not how he went about getting it out there. For what it's worth, he has championship experience, which is great. The problem is, he's not the best vessel to get that message across right now. He should be approaching Lillard and McCollum and getting them to buy-in, then speak to the team on it.

Agree.

It's not his Team.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he's hitting those step back 30 footers with a hand in his face, and he has that swagger, he's pretty much unstoppable.

Exactly, and I think to a large degree he's lost that swagger this year. He knows that in general, it's not a great shot. But it's what makes him who he is. You live with 1 or 2 of those a game. If they don't go in, no worries. I think what he was most concerned about is making sure Durant was fitting in. He's passing up those shots because he knows throughout the course of the offense, the Warriors are more than likely to end up with a quality look. He also doesn't want to look selfish either.

But he needs to do that. He needs to get back to that level in order for the Warriors to truly thrive.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You talking about Bogut?

He's having the worst year of his career lol

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, and I think to a large degree he's lost that swagger this year. He knows that in general, it's not a great shot. But it's what makes him who he is. You live with 1 or 2 of those a game. If they don't go in, no worries. I think what he was most concerned about is making sure Durant was fitting in. He's passing up those shots because he knows throughout the course of the offense, the Warriors are more than likely to end up with a quality look. He also doesn't want to look selfish either.

But he needs to do that. He needs to get back to that level in order for the Warriors to truly thrive.
The most surprising stat I posted, imo, is that his Assists per game are down from 6.7 to 5.8, I figured with Durant there he'd be up in the 7.5 range.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant has regressed points wise, but that's about it, this is also his best defensive year 1.7 BPG and he's shooting at a more efficient clip than ever at 54% from the field.
I think his overall game is better- even with less points. The reason is he doesn't have the pressure of always being the focal point in an iso play at the end of a shot clock. With GS he can play with the flow of the game & take shots in rhythm.

He also knows the ball will be passed to him when he's in position to score. Having Steph/Dray out there executing the offense the majority of the time allows KD to save energy for defending & blocking shots. These things make a big difference.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...that McCaw vs. LeBron matchup should be epic.

I saw McCaw didnt get in the game vs. the Kings last night....good move by Kerr....you wanna make sure he has as much gas in the tank as possible for the playoffs.

He's obviously resting him for the post-season. Light years ahead.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.

But, it could be the Shareef Abdur Rahim, Cedric Ceballos, Carter-Williams in Philly syndrome.

Huge stats, bad Team.

Average, or one-way player, good team.
Very true....

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think his overall game is better- even with less points. The reason is he doesn't have the pressure of always being the focal point in an iso play at the end of a shot clock. With GS he can play with the flow of the game & take shots in rhythm.

He also knows the ball will be passed to him when he's in position to score. Having Steph/Dray out there executing the offense the majority of the time allows KD to save energy for defending & blocking shots. These things make a big difference.
His game is much better this year, I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.