• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in all seriousness though- if yo uwant to look at an actual important stat from this game - i think one of them is offensive rebounding.

The Warriors had 5 offensive rebounds- the Cavs had 18. Tristan Thompson alone had more offensive rebounds (6) then the entire Warriors team.

To me this shows how they are weak on the interior- they are definitely vulnerable to the offensive rebound- especially when they play against offensive rebounders that are as good as Thompson, Love and LeBron are.

Offensive rebounding, and turnovers (a lot of them forced- Kyrie with a CAREER high 7 steals) is what decided this game....you cant give the Cavs that many extra possessions on offensive rebounds and turnovers. The turnovers should be fairly preventable going forward- the offensive rebounds probably not unless there is a personnel change.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,918.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, @Mecca......know you were probably busy doing dishes last night at 10pm or so.....you have 24 hours.....

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in all seriousness though- if yo uwant to look at an actual important stat from this game - i think one of them is offensive rebounding.

The Warriors had 5 offensive rebounds- the Cavs had 18. Tristan Thompson alone had more offensive rebounds (6) then the entire Warriors team.

To me this shows how they are weak on the interior- they are definitely vulnerable to the offensive rebound- especially when they play against offensive rebounders that are as good as Thompson, Love and LeBron are.

Offensive rebounding, and turnovers (a lot of them forced- Kyrie with a CAREER high 7 steals) is what decided this game....you cant give the Cavs that many extra possessions on offensive rebounds and turnovers. The turnovers should be fairly preventable going forward- the offensive rebounds probably not unless there is a personnel change.

It's been a problem for sure but I remember the Lebron heat had the same problem. We're always last in rebounding. We will make moves before the deadline I'm sure

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been a problem for sure but I remember the Lebron heat had the same problem. We're always last in rebounding. We will make moves before the deadline I'm sure

They were top 10 entering the game yesterday

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting nugget - the last 3 NBA champions all lost their Christmas game. Just some random stat.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Rivers-Smith bet didn't go your way, Ham. BTW, belated Merry Xmas or Happy Holidays, whatever floats your particular boat.

Thank man hopefully you enjoyed your holiday! Yeah the bet didn't go my way because of course Alex smith got injured and didn't play, after smith was winning the prop for the first 2 weeks. He got a concussion and missed 1 game and a half of course, just my luck lol.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. No excuse for that though either way

Just as I thought they do struggle on the offensive glass. Tied for 24th. 2nd best defensive rebounding team though.

Funny thing is they're actually a better overall rebounding team than Cleveland. Ranked 7th with a +1.4 differential over their opponents. Cleveland is ranked 12th with just a +0.6 differential over their opponents.

Status
Not open for further replies.