• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didnt say anything about top 5 big men or anything---

that post i had merely showed the best big men at shooting the 3 this year.

but if you are talking about overall offense- Love has to be near or at the very top of any list that ranks the big men on offense in the league-- defenisvely - not so much - though he has made marked improvement and plays pretty well within the Cavs scheme.

On Earth?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Earth?
well if we include pluto and saturn and the rest of the solar system i dont think that changes the equation very much unless we are aware of extra terrestial life that also plays the game of basketball....which would be cool...but i dont think is very realistic ;)

of course i have read that if the human race ever moves off the earth the best place to move in the solar system is one of saturns moons- the most viable anyway.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didnt say anything about top 5 big men or anything---

that post i had merely showed the best big men at shooting the 3 this year.

but if you are talking about overall offense- Love has to be near or at the very top of any list that ranks the big men on offense in the league-- defenisvely - not so much - though he has made marked improvement and plays pretty well within the Cavs scheme.
If that is your argument now, then you have to put Nowitzki in that conversation assuming he plays again. I understand he might be out for good already though. If healthy I would take a three from Dirk every day of the week given a choice.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that is your argument now, then you have to put Nowitzki in that conversation assuming he plays again. I understand he might be out for good already though. If healthy I would take a three from Dirk every day of the week given a choice.
yah id take dirk 3-4 years ago...now? hell naw.... maybe even 2 years ago- hes shooting 27% from 3 right now

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well if we include pluto and saturn and the rest of the solar system i dont think that changes the equation very much unless we are aware of extra terrestial life that also plays the game of basketball....which would be cool...but i dont think is very realistic ;)

Um, Hellooooo!! Did you forget the Monstars?

th

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a thought - it's extremely poor playing to have your big man on the outside taking three point shots. That shouldn't be a stat you want and in fact Phil Jackson did not allow his big men to take three point shots. The one time Shaq did, Shaq got fined 500 dollars and paid the fine in pennies. A big man usually will have a longer span with his arms and can reach in and slow down the players driving to the basket. That's where you want your big man so bragging about your head coach letting Love take threes on the outside is questionable imo

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a thought - it's extremely poor playing to have your big man on the outside taking three point shots. That shouldn't be a stat you want and in fact Phil Jackson did not allow his big men to take three point shots. The one time Shaq did, Shaq got fined 500 dollars and paid the fine in pennies. A big man usually will have a longer span with his arms and can reach in and slow down the players driving to the basket. That's where you want your big man so bragging about your head coach letting Love take threes on the outside is questionable imo

:L It's called a stretch 4 and if you have one like Love, who can hit it consistently. It's a great weapon. Of course Phil didn't want Shaq shooting 3's. Shaq couldn't hit free throws, let alone 3's.

He didn't object to Pau shooting the occasional 3. He never complained about Robert Horry shooting 3's.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar Jackson was 500-1 odds to win the heisman in vegas before the year started....that would have been a good bet...

win the freaking heisman at age 19.....makes me feel old and worthless.. at 19 i was fingering fat girls at frat parties and drinking shitty beer till i threw up....this guy is winning the fucking Heisman trophy. unbelievable.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L It's called a stretch 4 and if you have one like Love, who can hit it consistently. It's a great weapon. Of course Phil didn't want Shaq shooting 3's. Shaq couldn't hit free throws, let alone 3's.

He didn't object to Pau shooting the occasional 3. He never complained about Robert Horry shooting 3's.
i kinda like TFL, but its obvious hes wasted right now....

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar Jackson was 500-1 odds to win the heisman in vegas before the year started....that would have been a good bet...

win the freaking heisman at age 19.....makes me feel old and worthless.. at 19 i was fingering fat girls at frat parties and drinking shitty beer till i threw up....this guy is winning the fucking Heisman trophy. unbelievable.

He also fingers fat girls and drinks til he throws up though.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I knew I was forgetting a big man on that list - How can you name the top three without Pau Gasol? Either way, my point is that if you have a big center - the majority of the time - he belongs under the basket as the last option which for the Lakers has been the last five years. In this discussion, however neither Love nor Bosh are all that good at free throws. They are not as bad as Howard is or Shaq was, but 80% to me is not that good.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shaq is a totally different player than Love. Love is a stretch 4 and if you have a big man that shoots over 40% for 3 and can pull down 10+ rebounds that is a very versatile big man that thrives in todays game.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:eyebrows: :laugh3:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq is a totally different player than Love. Love is a stretch 4 and if you have a big man that shoots over 40% for 3 and can pull down 10+ rebounds that is a very versatile big man that thrives in todays game.

I agree with you on that - I was thinking in the terms of what if you didn't have someone could be a stretch four, but it's late and I am working on audits - I have til Christmas to make my last check of the year a big one.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,393.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speights had 17 points, 12 rebounds, and 4 assists. Big game with Griffin out.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CP is still going to be a beast at 34-35. He's going to be able to play late into his career,

I think you are right, CP is a helluva player...but I think we are looking at another Iverson, great player (guard) no ring.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Want to know a better story? Al Golden didn't even bother recruiting this kid while Canes fans were up in arms on why he didn't get an offer. Sure there were some writers that thought we (the fanbase) were complete idiots and said he wasn't exactly "Miami" caliber. Guess the fanbase looked right on that one, although I didn't think he'd turn out this good. Thank god we got rid of that Penn St. piece of shit corch.

*ends rant*

Status
Not open for further replies.