• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Love overall is better than Chris Bosh...He has Chris Bosh's miami heat numbers beat almost across the board from everything from points, shooting %, rebounding, PER, win share you name it...

I always though Miami needed to trade Bosh while his value was overrated

Amazing how you are able to be so wrong in such few words. Can you teach Wiggy how to do that? He usually uses about 15,000 words being wrong.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you wasted?

this was what the post was about

the best big man shooters in the NBA from 3 this season:

1. Channing Frye- 48.1% (1st overall in the NBA for any position) 77 attempts
2. Blake Griffin - 46.9%
3. Marc Gasol- 43.3% (11th overall in the NBA) 84 attempts
4. Kevin Love- 41.9% (19th overall in the NBA) 136 attempts
5. Kevin Durant- 40.7% (28th overall in the NBA) 108 attempts
6. Ryan Anderson- 40.0% (31st overall in the NBA) 145 attempts
7. Serge Ibaka- 39.7% (32nd overall in the NBA) 78 attempts
8. Dario Saric- 39.3% (35th overall in the NBA) 84 attempts

it was list of the best 3 pt shooters by percentage in the NBA out of big men- THIS YEAR- obviously...Brad Miller? lol...Brad Miller hasnt played in years....i still have no clue what you are talking about.
Just FIFY

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually though think that you have to consider

Blake Griffin
Dirk Nowitzki

I agree that Kevin Love is pretty good, but his stats don't say he is better than Bosh all around. He is pretty good in some area and just as good, and as far as the best in the NBA, if Bosh plays this year, then I don't think Love falls in the top five. I think Griffin and Nowitzki are both better than Love although a marshmellow most like plays better defense than Nowitizki - lol
well yah historically Dirk of course has had a much better career- hes played a lot longer too and is top 10 all time in points

right now though? dirk is washed up- stick a fork in him- hes averaging 12 pts a game and he barely plays- he barely played last year because of injuries too...

Love is at 22 and 11 and shooting over 40% from 3....i mean- thats not even close right now..lol.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well yah historically Dirk of course has had a much better career- hes played a lot longer too and is top 10 all time in points

right now though? dirk is washed up- stick a fork in him- hes averaging 12 pts a game and he barely plays- he barely played last year because of injuries too...

Love is at 22 and 11 and shooting over 40% from 3....i mean- thats not even close right now..lol.
I was going to put Nowitzki in there but he is at 38% this year and is out - He hasn't shot over 38 in four years now, but still one of the best because of his dangerous 3 point shooting

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to include Blake Griffin - His stats are going to be right in there regardless of your source. I can't think of any others right now, but give me time. Julius Randle is a 6 10 and coming in pretty close too, but might not be considered big enough by many

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to put Nowitzki in there but he is at 38% this year and is out - He hasn't shot over 38 in four years now, but still one of the best because of his dangerous 3 point shooting
dirk has only played 5 games this year and is at 35.8% from the field and 27.3% from 3.......one of the best ever- first ballot hall of famer- but he is due for a trip to the glue factory.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron was just fucking dominant tonight...44 pts, 10 boards, 9 assists.....if RW slacks off at all or misses any games LeBron is gonna be right there for MVP at the end of the year.

He is playing absolutely great ball right now. The Hornets were playing great ball- and the Cavs beat them pretty soundly tonight.

Cavs got the Griz on Tuesday coming in having won 5 straight--- lets see if they can knock them off too. It sure seems like that 3 game losing streak was an effective wake up call.

and agian- Iman Shumpert- coming up big and playing some great ball this year.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think Dwight Howard is in this conversation at 58% - Just saying

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At 6-11 both Drummon and Whiteside using the field goal percentage are better then Love

Just saying

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love is at 22 and 11 and shooting over 40% from 3....

I remember last year when he was being bashed and people were saying he was exposed as having been stat stuffing on a bad team.

I said then that he hadn't forgotten how to play basketball and needed to just find his role. It took a little longer than expected, but it looks like he found his role.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At 6-11 both Drummon and Whiteside using the field goal percentage are better then Love

Just saying
yah if you are going by just pure field goal percentage- if you adjust for 3 pointers shown Love jumps Whiteside....obviously hitting 3's is more valuable then hitting 2's

right now no one is shooting the 3 better than Channing Frye of the Cavs at over 48%...thats pretty crazy.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okafor has a better fg %, but doesn't score a lot, so you need to say what the parameters are for calling Love in the top 5 big men category - Points per game and percentage combined or perhaps any one who is 18 ppg and a fg of 45% or more. A lot of people kicked on Kobe for years because his field goal at 42% wasn't consider that great so if Love is scoring a lot of points because he is taking more shots when someone else could have been better at it - just saying - that's not efficient. Not to knock on Cleveland, but I really thing you're over-rating Love some @WiggyRuss - I have always liked his game, the problem I have with him is glass knees. I took him as a fantasy player and hoping he doesn't screw me over like he did four years ago

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember last year when he was being bashed and people were saying he was exposed as having been stat stuffing on a bad team.

I said then that he hadn't forgotten how to play basketball and needed to just find his role. It took a little longer than expected, but it looks like he found his role.
his role and his health too- that first year he had back spasms off and on all season- last year he was coming off shoulder surgery--- DAvid Blatt did not like Love at all

getting him healthy, relaxed, and in a system that fits his skills has been huge for him. He is playing great ball right now.

its amazing both the volume and accuracy of his 3 pt shooting- combine that with being one of the best rebounders in the league and yo ucan see how he has really taken a step up this year. certainly helps lebrons assit totals too

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okafor has a better fg %, but doesn't score a lot, so you need to say what the parameters are for calling Love in the top 5 big men category - Points per game and percentage combined or perhaps any one who is 18 ppg and a fg of 45% or more. A lot of people kicked on Kobe for years because his field goal at 42% wasn't consider that great so if Love is scoring a lot of points because he is taking more shots when someone else could have been better at it - just saying - that's not efficient. Not to knock on Cleveland, but I really thing you're over-rating Love some @WiggyRuss - I have always liked his game, the problem I have with him is glass knees. I took him as a fantasy player and hoping he doesn't screw me over like he did four years ago
i didnt say anything about top 5 big men or anything---

that post i had merely showed the best big men at shooting the 3 this year.

but if you are talking about overall offense- Love has to be near or at the very top of any list that ranks the big men on offense in the league-- defenisvely - not so much - though he has made marked improvement and plays pretty well within the Cavs scheme.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to defend Love but that is expected. Those 2 play down low while Love shoots a lot of jumpshots.
It appeared that he was using the field goal percentage as his main measuring tool which as you correctly pointed out is not necessarily accurate. I don't think 42% field goal is all that efficient really. I like Drummond and Whiteside and believe their games will get better in time. I think Love and Lebron have already peaked. Either way, I think it's an overstatement to put Love as the third best big man in the league

Status
Not open for further replies.