• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the game myself. However, the common theme was why did Whiteside get taken out as it seemed the effort was there.

Well Spo never said anything about effort. He mentioned something about energy. I didn't see the game either so really can't comment

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love how Wiggy keeps using the same one highlight of Kevin Love as well as TT to justify how they're these great defenders that could give Kawhi Leonard a run for his money as far as defense goes. Either of these players weren't on the Cavs and he'd trash them.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Bulls should go out and liberate Jarded Dudley from the Suns...would be a great move for them...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Durant shooting 55% while shooting almost 7 3's a game is just mind-mindbogglingly ridiculous.

the best big man shooters in the NBA from 3 this season:

1. Channing Frye- 48.1% (1st overall in the NBA for any position) 77 attempts
2. Marc Gasol- 43.3% (11th overall in the NBA) 84 attempts
3. Kevin Love- 41.9% (19th overall in the NBA) 136 attempts
4. Kevin Durant- 40.7% (28th overall in the NBA) 108 attempts
5. Ryan Anderson- 40.0% (31st overall in the NBA) 145 attempts
6. Serge Ibaka- 39.7% (32nd overall in the NBA) 78 attempts
7. Dario Saric- 39.3% (35th overall in the NBA) 84 attempts

Durant is shooting ridiculous- DArio Saric looks legit--- Love's volume and shooting % for a PF is off the charts good right now---- and - THANKS DAN- for Channing Frye

Last edited:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahahaha, ohh its too funny- you have nothing to say so you make up some bullshit about Kawhi Leonard?-- its just hilarious....yah- i think Kevin Love is all defensive team candidate...i mean- you have a little bit of the hair of the dog that bit you last night this AM?

Cavaliers defense may not look like much on paper, but Cleveland’s onto something

While the Cavaliers are indisputably an offensive juggernaut, Cleveland’s defense is rarely credited for the team’s success. Kevin Love, Kyrie Irving and J.R. Smith can certainly put the ball in the hole, but outside of Love’s one huge stop at the end of Game 7 in last season’s NBA Finals, all three players are regarded more as turnstiles than brick walls on the defensive end.

And yet, the team’s 8-1 start is every bit as fueled by their defensive play, which is better than advertised — even if subtly so.

Why? The Cavs are keeping opponents away from corner threes and defending the restricted area well.

If you watch the Cavaliers play, it could be frustrating to see them allow so many three-point shots — their opponents take 28.7 shots per game from beyond the three-point line this season, the third-highest total in the NBA — but not all three-point shots are created equal. And that’s where the Cavs get you.

Last season, the Cavaliers allowed opponents to score 102.3 points per 100 possessions, the 10th-best mark in the NBA. This year, they are allowing 101.7, but the frequency of corner threes has dropped dramatically, accounting for 19 percent of three-point shots against compared to 25.4 percent a year ago.

This change in defensive philosophy could also explain Cleveland’s low amount of contested shots this season, which accounts for just 56.7 per game, the third-fewest in the NBA. The team knows they are funneling shots to the inefficient parts of the court, therefore they aren’t as concerned about contesting them.

The Cavs dont have a lot of great individual defenders--- LeBron is very good, Thompson is very good, Shumpert is very good- but other than that- indivudally guys are not known for their defense- but what they do do is play solid team defense- force shooters into poor shots, and play as a team. Its one of the major advantages of having leadership like LeBron, and Lue and a bunch of guys on board. No one is ever going to look at the Cavs and say- WOW- there is a shitload of great defenders on that team--- but the Cavs have really done a good job constructing a defense that matches up with where the league si going in the terms of spacing, three's, etc....You dont need to be an elite defensive team to win the NBA title- but you have to be a good defensive team- and the Cavs are just that despite not having a roster overflowing with good defenders- because of their scheme, their effort, their leadership.

Yeah....I'm putting a word limit on any posts I read from you from now on. I didn't even bother here. Do better in condensing this down. K, thanks.

Sorry not sorry.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry- its largely from an article from the Washington Post- pretty much the most respected paper in the world- thought it might be interesting to inform ones-self- apparently not.....in todays twitter world the amount of people actually willing to read and educate themselves beyond 50 words is dwindling...sorry i forgot about that. Will try and dumb it down in the future.

here are the main points

-. The team knows they are funneling shots to the inefficient parts of the court, therefore they aren’t as concerned about contesting them.

-
The Cavs dont have a lot of great individual defenders- but get it done when they need to/want to through a good scheme, good leadership and good coaching.

Says the guy who's still in school talking to the person who's in grad school and makes a 6-figure salary. The irony here. I shit on your pathetic attempt at trying to get under my skin.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the guy who's still in school talking to the person who's in grad school and makes a 6-figure salary. The irony here. I shit on your pathetic attempt at trying to get under my skin.
lol- did not intend to get under your skin at all- but apparently i did, lol...sorry-

and by the way- i graduated- have my doctorate. ;)

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol- did not intend to get under your skin at all- but apparently i did, lol...sorry-

and by the way- i graduated- have my doctorate. ;)

Yet doesn't understand the difference between "your" and "you're"

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Love overall is better than Chris Bosh...He has Chris Bosh's miami heat numbers beat almost across the board from everything from points, shooting %, rebounding, PER, win share you name it...

I always though Miami needed to trade Bosh while his value was overrated

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn....I remember when the Heat were eyeing Stanley Johnson in the draft.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Love overall is better than Chris Bosh...He has Chris Bosh's miami heat numbers beat almost across the board from everything from points, shooting %, rebounding, PER, win share you name it...

I always though Miami needed to trade Bosh while his value was overrated

Wow you're an idiot. I'm convinced you were deprived of oxygen as a baby.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sound upset so i won't embarrass you with the stats...
its been a small sample size thus far this season obviously- but Kevin Love is playing better than Bosh ever played with LeBron. It took him getting healthy, comfortable and in a system that fit his talents- but we are seeing Kevin Love play some exceptional basketball. He is doing precisely what he was intended to do when the trade was made--- open up the middle by raining 3's- dragging the opposing teams big men out of the middle like fish out of wayer, rebounding at an elite level, throwing disgustingly good outlet passes, and giving the Cavs a down-low scoring option when they need it.

Both the volume and accuracy of Love's 3 pt shooting is really out of this world for a big man- plus - very importantly- he has stayed an elite rebounder- while Bosh became allergic to contact and rebounding later on with LeBron. A power forward like Bosh- averaging under 7 rebounds a game is just inexcusable- ESPECIALLY when considering its not like there was a dominant center sucking up the rebounds. Love has stayed a great rebounder despite playing with another great rebounder in TT. You arent gonna see LeBron James lead this team in rebounding like he did in Miami a couple times- which is just downright pathetic.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its been a small sample size thus far this season obviously- but Kevin Love is playing better than Bosh ever played with LeBron. It took him getting healthy, comfortable and in a system that fit his talents- but we are seeing Kevin Love play some exceptional basketball. He is doing precisely what he was intended to do when the trade was made--- open up the middle by raining 3's- dragging the opposing teams big men out of the middle like fish out of wayer, rebounding at an elite level, throwing disgustingly good outlet passes, and giving the Cavs a down-low scoring option when they need it.

Both the volume and accuracy of Love's 3 pt shooting is really out of this world for a big man- plus - very importantly- he has stayed an elite rebounder- while Bosh became allergic to contact and rebounding later on with LeBron. A power forward like Bosh- averaging under 7 rebounds a game is just inexcusable- ESPECIALLY when considering its not like there was a dominant center sucking up the rebounds. Love has stayed a great rebounder despite playing with another great rebounder in TT. You arent gonna see LeBron James lead this team in rebounding like he did in Miami a couple times- which is just downright pathetic.

They're not even playing in the same role of the offense. Bosh had to often times play the 5 where as Love camps out on the perimeter all day. And yes, I'll admit that Bosh was a weak rebounder.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're not even playing in the same role of the offense. Bosh had to often times play the 5 where as Love camps out on the perimeter all day. And yes, I'll admit that Bosh was a weak rebounder.
Love is on the perimeter- but he is also in the post a lot more under Lue- i mean- if he was always on the perimeter no way is averaging about 11 boards a game.

Its crazy to me Bosh was at 7 or less rebounds a game a couple seasons in Miami- especially like i said- its not like there were world-beaters playing center and sucking up rebounds. LeBron is a great rebounder for a SF- so that explains some of it- but obviosuly you see Love still rebounding at an elite level competing with LeBron, and TT (who is also over 10 a game)...its pretty amazing considering the Cavs are a good shooting team and play at a pace that is around league average.

Status
Not open for further replies.