• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.I mean- you are welcome to your opinion- but its not based on anything anyone has seen thus far. Its certainly not based on any kind of hard evidence.

I'd say the huge improvement he's made from last year to this year is some pretty solid evidence. Obviously, he has a ways to go and could never get any better than he is right now. But considering his talent level, the early returns are favorable.

when all is said and done Kyrie is on the track to be a Hall of Famer and hes only 24 years old.

No, he isn't. At best, he's the 7th best point guard in the NBA. He's not at all on track to be a hall of famer. He doesn't have the assist game or the defense to get there. He's definitely talented enough, to do it, but he's a lot farther away from being a hall of famer than Russell is from being better than him.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SAying Russell may be better than Kyrie is based on exactly what? absolutely NOTHINg that we have seen thus far. There is zero hard backup that you can point to for that opinion. Its just whistling dixie out of your ass and wishing on a star.

Already answered this.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say the huge improvement he's made from last year to this year is some pretty solid evidence. Obviously, he has a ways to go and could never get any better than he is right now. But considering his talent level, the early returns are favorable.

No, he isn't. At best, he's the 7th best point guard in the NBA. He's not at all on track to be a hall of famer. He doesn't have the assist game or the defense to get there. He's definitely talented enough, to do it, but he's a lot farther away from being a hall of famer than Russell is from being better than him.
at best? LOL...i can find you "articles" taht say he is above the 7th best point guard in the game

in 2014-2015 he was 3rd team all NBA- that means one of the 6 best guards in the league--- he is now not even one of the best 7 at his position? LOL....I mean you can see how that absolutely destroys your credibility right? and that was 2 years ago and he is DEFINITELY better now then back then.

I cant wait until he is named to the All NBA team again this year- and requote this post....its gonna be hilarious.

one of the best 6 guards- shooting or point- in the league- but only 7th best as his position. LOL....now THAt cracks me up.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you would rather have John Wall and Kyle Lowry than kyrie irving? really?

hey- if thats your opinion- more power to you.

They are both better point guards than Kyrie right now. Will they be "when all is said and done"? That's doubtful. I think the day will come when Kyrie will be the best point guard in the East, if not the league.

It's kind of the old question of "are you trying to win now, or building for the future"?

If I'm trying to win now, I want Wall or Lowry because they are ready to lead a team. If I'm building for the future, I'm taking Kyrie because he is likely to be be better than either of them in couple of years.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you would rather have John Wall and Kyle Lowry than kyrie irving? really?

hey- if thats your opinion- more power to you.

Yes. Kyrie is not a PG. If I'm looking for someone to be an actual Point Guard for my team then there is no question I'm taking those 2 ahead of Kyrie....Now if I'm looking for a shooting guard in a Point Guard body then of course I'm taking Kyrie ahead of those guys

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ohh- the "improvement you have seen"...okay...

well- lets look at that "improvement" in his 2nd year compared to kyries 2nd year --- oh yah--- Kyrie still dominates him.... '

Actually, we're only 13 games into Russell's 2nd year, but Kyrie doesn't even dominate him right now. Kyrie scores more (by about 6 points per game), but assists are pretty much dead even (4.7 for Russell and 4.8 for Kyrie) and Russell has a slight edge in rebounds (3.4 for Russell and 3.1 for Kyrie).

If Russell is healthy when we play the Cavs, I do expect that Kyrie will have a few things to show young Mr. Russell that he hasn't seen before though.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in 2014-2015 he was 3rd team all NBA- that means one of the 6 best guards in the league--- he is now not even one of the best 7 at his position? LOL....I mean you can see how that absolutely destroys your credibility right? and that was 2 years ago and he is DEFINITELY better now then back then.

So, he made 3rd team all NBA once, you think that proves something and destroys my credibility.

All it does is show why you get clowned on this board on a daily basis. What's truly hilarious is that absolutely no one respects virtually anything you say and you think you're on here "schooling" people.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the West:

CP3
Russell Westbrook
Steph Curry
Damien Lillard
Mike Conley

In the East:

Kyle Lowry
John Wall

When all is said and done, Russell and Exum may pass him too. Although I'm starting to wonder about Exum.

Do we consider James Harden a point guard now? If so, add him to the list.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, he made 3rd team all NBA once, you think that proves something and destroys my credibility.

All it does is show why you get clowned on this board on a daily basis. What's truly hilarious is that absolutely no one respects virtually anything you say and you think you're on here "schooling" people.
well- we shall see at the end of the year.....With how kyrie is playing right now I fully expect him to make the an All NBA team once again- and i will TRULY enjoy the excuses you make to say he is not one of the best in the game when he- again - is picked as one of the 6 best guards- shooting AND point- in the league.

Of course you know more than the guys picking the All NBA teams apparently.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at this point to classify them as much more than "guards" is pretty much an exercise in futility.

Kyrie will make an All NBA team again this year and be chosen as one of the best 6 guards in the league....if anyone wants to bet against that let me know. I will gladly bet that Kyrie makes his 2nd all NBA team in his age 24 season. --and of course- there are 3 All NBA teams as everyone knows- 1st, 2nd and 3rd- so only 6 guards make it.

Kyrie will be one of the 6- take it to the fucking bank.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, we're only 13 games into Russell's 2nd year, but Kyrie doesn't even dominate him right now. Kyrie scores more (by about 6 points per game), but assists are pretty much dead even (4.7 for Russell and 4.8 for Kyrie) and Russell has a slight edge in rebounds (3.4 for Russell and 3.1 for Kyrie).

If Russell is healthy when we play the Cavs, I do expect that Kyrie will have a few things to show young Mr. Russell that he hasn't seen before though.
wait a minute- when i saw about 6 a game i assumed you were talking about both their 2nd years in the game (though Kyrie was better than Russell at EVERYTHING his 2nd year compared to Russells 2nd year- THUS FAR).....
you were talking about this year?

Kyrie is averaging 24.4 pts right now- the only time in history one of LeBrons' teammates is positioned to outscore him for a season. Russell is at 16.3 right now.....

that would be over 8 points a game difference- not 6. that is a humongous margin-t he difference between being 12 in the league in scoring and being outside the top 50.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good question. Most stats sites seem to list him as a shooting guard, but on the Rockets roster, it looks like he's listed as a point guard.

I agree though, if we're considering him a point guard, then he's ahead of Kyrie as well.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question. Most stats sites seem to list him as a shooting guard, but on the Rockets roster, it looks like he's listed as a point guard.

I agree though, if we're considering him a point guard, then he's ahead of Kyrie as well.

lol great minds think alike...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait a minute- when i saw about 6 a game i assumed you were talking about both their 2nd years in the game (though Kyrie was better than Russell at EVERYTHING his 2nd year compared to Russells 2nd year- THUS FAR).....
you were talking about this year?

This year is Russell's 2nd year. So yes, this year. Kyrie isn't a better defender than Russell, so no, not EVERYTHING. Nice try though.

Kyrie is averaging 24.4 pts right now- the only time in history one of LeBrons' teammates is positioned to outscore him for a season. Russell is at 16.3 right now.....

My bad, I thought I saw Kyrie at 22 points per game. Having said that, considering that assists are dead even and rebounds are a slight edge to Russell, Kyrie doesn't "dominate" him like you tried to say. Also, Kyrie's role in the Cavs offense is to score. Russell's role is to facilitate the offense before looking to score.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol great minds think alike...

True. Pretty freakin' hilarious that Wiggy just can't handle the fact that, while Kyrie is very good, he's not as good as Wiggy wants him to be and no one here agrees with him.

He also presents nothing to backup his statements except that Kyrie was 3rd team all NBA once. lol

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at this point to classify them as much more than "guards" is pretty much an exercise in futility.

Kyrie will make an All NBA team again this year and be chosen as one of the best 6 guards in the league....if anyone wants to bet against that let me know. I will gladly bet that Kyrie makes his 2nd all NBA team in his age 24 season. --and of course- there are 3 All NBA teams as everyone knows- 1st, 2nd and 3rd- so only 6 guards make it.

Kyrie will be one of the 6- take it to the fucking bank.

Maybe. Maybe not.

Curry, Westbrook, Harden will all make it over him. Derozan if he keeps it up. Lillard too. That's 5 guys who should make it over Irving today if the teams were picked. Then you have guys who typically make it who could make it over Irving -- Klay Thompson, Chris Paul. Lowry made it last year . . . maybe he makes it again. Some younger guys who maybe turn it up a notch at some point this year -- C.J. McCollum, Zach Lavine, Nik Stauskas, Bradley Beal. Shoot, and I forgot about Isaiah Thomas, who is having a great year so far.

It's a crowded field at guard. I don't think anything is guaranteed other than Curry, Westbrook, Harden making it (barring injury.)

Status
Not open for further replies.