• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess he's giving them one last chance to get their 1st win without him?
There's no chance the Raptors don't throw this game, right? They can't possibly be stupid enough to want to play Cleveland in the second round.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no chance the Raptors don't throw this game, right? They can't possibly be stupid enough to want to play Cleveland in the second round.

No chance Wiz try to win tomorrow so it wont matter.
Brooks already said starters are sitting.
Both Wiz / Raptors want 4 , obviously IMO.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Raptors can't get 4. Wiz locked in as the 4 seed. I actually Raptors are officially locked in as the 3 seed due to that Celtics win last night.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but if the Cavs beat the Raps they automatically get 1 and would get the Wiz in the second round unless the Wiz win and overtake 3 from the Raps, no?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raptors can't get 4. Wiz locked in as the 4 seed. I actually Raptors are officially locked in as the 3 seed due to that Celtics win last night.
I heard that but it doesn't make any sense - if the Raps lose and Wiz win they have equal records. Wiz get the tiebreak as division winners:

(-) Tie breaker not needed (better overall winning percentage)
(1) Division leader wins tie from team not leading a division
(2) Head-to-head won-lost percentage

Playoff Tie-Break Procedures | NBA.com

Am I wrong?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. I got out of the Marine Corps in 2008 and resumed school for my Junior year at UCF. That was when the Magic were good and talked so much shit. Loved the Lakers when they won the Finals that season. To this day I remember being at a BBQ in the summer of 2010 and Magic fans were trying to convince me that we were going to lose Wade and weren't going to get anyone to come over in free agency - the aftermath was hilarious. I can't remember talking so much shit in my life time. Truly riveting.
I remember on FN an idiot Magic fan tried to convince me that Big Baby was the future of the Magic. lol.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats going to be a war of attrition.

the Cavs def. wont be playing Irving, Bron, Thompson and probably not Love either.

the Raptors are gonna have to try really hard not to win that game. lol......that should be hilarious.

I ll guarantee one thing- LARRY SANDERS WILL PLAY in that game. LOL

honestly- its great being right.....tried to tell everyone Larry Sanders was signed for next year.....but of course- no one listened.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its so refreshing to see in professional sports a group of guys who care about playing the game right combined with caring about each other.

The NBA really has a problem to solve though.

In sports, the worst teams should get the best players in the draft.
The problem is that teams fight for months to become the worst team(s).
There should be no scenario where teams who intentionally are trying to lose for weeks and months benefit from it.
What the Heat did, should be looked at as a positive and be rewarded.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember on FN an idiot Magic fan tried to convince me that Big Baby was the future of the Magic. lol.

You took screen shots? Please tell me you took screen shots.

That's hilarious. I give you shit, but that's homerism that surpasses anything you've ever done by a country mile.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats going to be a war of attrition.

the Cavs def. wont be playing Irving, Bron, Thompson and probably not Love either.

the Raptors are gonna have to try really hard not to win that game. lol......that should be hilarious.

I ll guarantee one thing- LARRY SANDERS WILL PLAY in that game. LOL

honestly- its great being right.....tried to tell everyone Larry Sanders was signed for next year.....but of course- no one listened.

It's not like he wouldn't play this year is he was any good.
Guess what?
he won't be worth shit next year either

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its so refreshing to see in professional sports a group of guys who care about playing the game right combined with caring about each other.

The NBA really has a problem to solve though.

In sports, the worst teams should get the best players in the draft.
The problem is that teams fight for months to become the worst team(s).
There should be no scenario where teams who intentionally are trying to lose for weeks and months benefit from it.
What the Heat did, should be looked at as a positive and be rewarded.

Agreed.

The article pointed out that the Heat could've called wraps on the season in January, yet it all started with a buzzer beater against the Dubs that got the ball rolling.

Most likely we won't make the playoffs on Wednesday given that the Pacers and Bulls have easy games - unless those teams come to play. As Wiggy pointed out, we're likely going to get a pick somewhere around the 12 spot. Which I'm okay with it given that I have a lot of long term concerns addressed as it related to post-Wade and how Spo was as a coach.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

The article pointed out that the Heat could've called wraps on the season in January, yet it all started with a buzzer beater against the Dubs that got the ball rolling.

Most likely we won't make the playoffs on Wednesday given that the Pacers and Bulls have easy games - unless those teams come to play. As Wiggy pointed out, we're likely going to get a pick somewhere around the 12 spot. Which I'm okay with it given that I have a lot of long term concerns addressed as it related to post-Wade and how Spo was as a coach.

We were never going to bad enough to have a bottom 5 record.
After that its a crapshoot, plus the lotto balls have done stranger things before.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but if the Cavs beat the Raps they automatically get 1 and would get the Wiz in the second round unless the Wiz win and overtake 3 from the Raps, no?

Only if Celts lose, which is highly unlikely.
If Celts win they are 1, Cavs are 2.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty crazy the fight that both those teams put up last night, it was a great thing to watch. The Cavs backups going all out to try to eliminate the Heat and the Heat not giving up and keeping their playoff chances alive. I thought they would get blown out but a lot of guys stepped up like DERON WILLIAMS! lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty crazy the fight that both those teams put up last night, it was a great thing to watch. The Cavs backups going all out to try to eliminate the Heat and the Heat not giving up and keeping their playoff chances alive. I thought they would get blown out but a lot of guys stepped up like DERON WILLIAMS! lol
it was pretty funny to see Deron Williams carve them up. I gotta say. lol.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was pretty funny to see Deron Williams carve them up. I gotta say. lol.

Or..
You blew 2 double digit leads, including one in the 4th qtr.
How many did his fat ass score in the 4th when the Heat made their run?
Who won the game?
What team with the highest payroll in the history of the NBA barely won 50 games and couldn't win the EC?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two possible paths to a Cavs-Heat first round series:

#1 Cavs vs #8 Heat
- Heat beat Wizards, Cavs beat Raptors, Bucks beat Celtics, Hawks beat Pacers OR Nets beat Bulls

#2 Cavs vs #7 Heat
- Heat beat Wizards, Raptors beat Cavs OR Celtics beat Bucks, Hawks beat Pacers AND Nets beat Bulls

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or..
You blew 2 double digit leads, including one in the 4th qtr.
How many did his fat ass score in the 4th when the Heat made their run?
Who won the game?
What team with the highest payroll in the history of the NBA barely won 50 games and couldn't win the EC?
blah blah blah

you got one more game to "enjoy" before you put your full time into rooting against your hated LeBron James and the Cavs. Enjoy! lol

no thompson, no irving, no lebron---- IN MIAMI- and they take you to freaking overtime. pathetic.

if somehow a situation where the Cavs and Heat play its gonna be a fucking blood bath. lol.

have fun with your 13th pick.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat fans should be rooting for Charlotte tonight.

If the Hawks lose tonight... they risk falling all the way to 7th with a loss tomorrow (and a Bucks win over Celtics).

With the Cavs looking likely to be the #2 seed, the Hawks will be very motivated to beat the Pacers tomorrow if they lose tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.