• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note #1 seed Oklahoma City defeated the Warriors in the playoffs last night in D league. Hey I'll take it!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that was actually a pretty nice effort yesterday and accomplished a lot of what hte Cavs wanted to accomplish.

It would have been nice to win of course- but its good to see Love, Williams and Korver put up some shots and make some plays.

Especially Williams and Korver. Its not like these guys forgot how to play once they come to the Cavs. Their opportunities just become so much more limited when you are playing with 3 players like LeBron, Irving and Love.

Deron Williams especially looked great- its good to see him have a game like that and work on his touch and his confidence. Same with Korver. Its funny- i feel better about that game then i did opposed to that double-OT win against the Pacers.

Im so glad Lue didnt push for the 1 seed- Boston is the only team that has/would pass the Cavs- and honestly- as far as threats go id put them behind both Toronto and the Wizards.

I gotta say- i do like J. Johnson's game. He is tough and a pretty damn good athlete and can pass the ball. He plays really hard too. If i were a team with cap room id consider giving that guy a reasonable contract if I was a contender that needed a versatile bench big.

Love is the guy that is worrying me a little bit though---- his rebounding has been great lately- but his touch just isnt back to wherei t was before he got hurt on his shot. He was shooting pretty damn good from the field when he got hurt and he hasnt quite recaptured that touch yet. Its why I am glad he played and put up about 20 shots. I am sure he will rest in the finale - but if he played the first half and put up 10-15 more shots i wouldnt complain.

Thompson still out too- im glad. Give that guys legs a rest. That might be the hardest working guy in the league and he has spent the whole season fighting with guys that are a lot bigger and weigh a lot more then he does. He really doesnt get the credit he deserves. Id hate to be the t eam playing a fresh Tristan Thompson in round one. The guy is gonna be out of his mind.

does anyone know when the playoffs actually start? Is it this weekend?

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
East 5, 6, 7, and 8 seed scenarios. Copied and pasted from CBS.

NBA Playoff Picture: Standings, scenarios, matchups as Celtics reclaim No. 1 in East

• If Atlanta goes 2-0: Atlanta is the 5-seed.
  • If Atlanta goes 1-1: Atlanta is the 5-seed.
  • If Atlanta goes 0-2 and the Bucks lose: Atlanta is the 5-seed.
  • If Atlanta goes 0-2, Bucks win: Bucks are the 5-seed, Atlanta is the 7-seed.
  • If Atlanta goes 2-0: Milwaukee is the 6-seed.
  • If Atlanta goes 1-1: Milwaukee is the 6-seed.
  • If Atlanta goes 0-2 and the Bucks lose: The Bucks are the 6-seed.
  • If Atlanta goes 0-2, and the Bucks win: The Bucks are the 5-seed.
  • If the Hawks win one game and the Pacers win: The Pacers are the 7 seed.
  • If the Hawks lose both games, the Bucks win, and the Pacers win: The Pacers are the 6-seed.
  • If the Hawks lose both games, and the Bucks lose: The Pacers are the 7-seed by virtue of a 3-way tie.
  • If Pacers win, Bulls win, Heat win, Pacers 6/7, Bulls 8, Heat out.
  • If Pacers win, Bulls win, Heat lose, Pacers 6/7, Bulls 8, Heat out.
  • If Pacers win, Bulls lose, Heat lose, Pacers 6/7, Bulls 8, Heat out
  • If Pacers win, Bulls lose, Heat win, Pacers 6/7, Heat 8, Bulls out.
  • If Pacers lose, Bulls win, Heat win, Bulls 7, Heat 8, Pacers out.
  • If Pacers lose, Bulls lose, Heat win, Heat 7, Pacers 8, Bulls out.
  • if Pacers lose, Bulls lose, Heat lose, it’s Pacers 7, Bulls 8, Heat out.
  • If Pacers lose, Bulls win, Heat lose, It’s Bulls 7, Pacers 8, Heat out.

Shits crazy.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and oh yah.

with Thompson, LeBron and Irving out--- the Cavs played Larry Sanders 2 minutes.

As always, time vindicates.

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say- i do like J. Johnson's game. He is tough and a pretty damn good athlete and can pass the ball. He plays really hard too. If i were a team with cap room id consider giving that guy a reasonable contract if I was a contender that needed a versatile bench big.

Same here. He's gonna get paid.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really watching the Heat close- one of the main concerns i would have as a Heat fan is that you have 1 rebounder. Whiteside.

On a night where the Cavs were missing LeBron and Thompson- they actually outrebounded the Heat. Thompsons averaging almost 10 a game and LeBron almost 9 a game right?---

if for next year there is one thing as a Heat fan i would take some solace in- is that i think their biggest position of need is probably power forward---- and there are usually plenty of those out there---- not to demean johnson- but johnson can be versatile and play off the bench. If they got a legit starting level power forward that can shoot a little and rebound a little that would prob. help quite a bit.

I mean- their 2nd leading rebounder is Johnson with 4.9 --- that seems pretty low. Obviously the Heat arent the Cavs but the Cavs have Love at like 10, Thompson at like 10 and LeBron at almost 9 a game.

If they signed a legit power forward that would seem to help a lot I would think.

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really watching the Heat close- one of the main concerns i would have as a Heat fan is that you have 1 rebounder. Whiteside.

On a night where the Cavs were missing LeBron and Thompson- they actually outrebounded the Heat. Thompsons averaging almost 10 a game and LeBron almost 9 a game right?---

if for next year there is one thing as a Heat fan i would take some solace in- is that i think their biggest position of need is probably power forward---- and there are usually plenty of those out there---- not to demean johnson- but johnson can be versatile and play off the bench. If they got a legit starting level power forward that can shoot a little and rebound a little that would prob. help quite a bit.

I mean- their 2nd leading rebounder is Johnson with 4.9 --- that seems pretty low. Obviously the Heat arent the Cavs but the Cavs have Love at like 10, Thompson at like 10 and LeBron at almost 9 a game.

If they signed a legit power forward that would seem to help a lot I would think.

Reed, Whiteside's backup, is a rebounding machine too. But he's not a good fit next to Whiteside.

Millsap would be perfect for them.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well most of the mocks I saw have them drafting a PF but yeah PF is obviously a need even if they resign JJ

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reed, Whiteside's backup, is a rebounding machine too. But he's not a good fit next to Whiteside.

Millsap would be perfect for them.
Milsap would be---- they need a big that can both rebound and stretch the floor to play next to Whiteside. Like a Ryan Anderson type would be a good fit too.

Milsap is gonna get a TON of money and hes already getting up there though. Sicne the Hawks didnt trade him i gotta think they intend to resign him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well all the mocks I saw have them drafting a PF but yeah PF is obviously a need even if they resign JJ
usually PF is a fairly deep position in free agency too. I was thinking Gallo- but he doesnt really seem to be a Heat type player.

ideally its a guy that can stretch the floor playing next to Whiteside- but also a guy who can get on the glass.

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milsap would be---- they need a big that can both rebound and stretch the floor to play next to Whiteside. Like a Ryan Anderson type would be a good fit too.

Milsap is gonna get a TON of money and hes already getting up there though. Sicne the Hawks didnt trade him i gotta think they intend to resign him.

Ryno sucks lol. Never been a fan. Yeah he can stretch the floor tho. Tbf, I'm rarely a fan of anyone who doesn't play defense.

Millsap just keeps on trucking year after year. The Nuggets would've been so fire if they pulled off a trade for him. No way he's leaving the Hawks.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryno sucks lol. Never been a fan. Yeah he can stretch the floor tho. Tbf, I'm rarely a fan of anyone who doesn't play defense.

Millsap just keeps on trucking year after year. The Nuggets would've been so fire if they pulled off a trade for him. No way he's leaving the Hawks.
yah- it makes no sense to pull him off the trade market if they dont intend to go balls to the wall to resign him.

All the best free agents are highly likely to stay put it seems.--Durant/Curry/Griffin/Paul obviously---- but also Milsap, Heyward, Lowry

realistically the best free agents that have a chance to move seem to be guys like Redick, Ibaka, Gallo, Hill, Teague, etc.

Illysova wouldnt be a bad fit.

Mirotic is a habitual underacheiver but he has played really well of late while the Bulls have gotten hot.

Ickey Shuffle

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Illysova wouldnt be a bad fit.

Mirotic is a habitual underacheiver but he has played really well of late while the Bulls have gotten hot.

Ghostface was ballin for the Sixers. He still has it. Mirotic is too inconsistent.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was too young, I didn't get into basketball until around the time i was 11, so 2002.

Everyone here in my area is a Magic fan, everyone loved T-Mac so I went against the grain and rooted for the Heat, great choice imo.

Football is a different story, i still Remember watching tons of dolphins and Noles games in the 90s

Fair enough. I got out of the Marine Corps in 2008 and resumed school for my Junior year at UCF. That was when the Magic were good and talked so much shit. Loved the Lakers when they won the Finals that season. To this day I remember being at a BBQ in the summer of 2010 and Magic fans were trying to convince me that we were going to lose Wade and weren't going to get anyone to come over in free agency - the aftermath was hilarious. I can't remember talking so much shit in my life time. Truly riveting.

Status
Not open for further replies.