• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was a Heat fan i would really be rooting for Boston tonight.

Not only would that likely make a potential first round opponent more likely Boston--- it would also mean the Cavs would be more likely to rest their guys in that last game against Miami.

I am just gonna laugh my ass off if all this blown-out-of-proportion BS about rest from the league office means the Cavs play their guys and dont rest as much and LeBron/Love and Kyrie all play in that game and eliminate the Heat......its kind of my dream. lol.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, the Cavs right now are a team that is as equally dangerous as they are vulnerable.

You never know when they're gonna go through a stretch where they can't get a defensive stop to save their lives... or when they're gonna go through a stretch where they just start reigning in 3's from everywhere.

i'll say it again. Gordon does his damndest to keep it real...

respect...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David West balling. Warriors bench this year > last year

So you managed to add a great player and improve your bench? You're lucky you didn't find a way to lower your cap number too or the league office would be receiving a strongly worded letter from Dan Gilbert about how unfair that is. :heh:

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There goes the streak. Good... this guy deserves rest too. Just hope he's fine.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wizards overreact all the time.

a bunch of whiners on that team

Yeah, I could see their reaction if he threw down a windmill dunk or something...but it was a freaking layup. I believe what he said when he explained it and apologized.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think hes playing for 2 main reasons--- the Cavs need time on the court together after so many injuries and additions---- and the league bitching about missing national tv games

if this wasnt a national tv game and the league didnt just single out lebron- i could def. see him sitting

supposedly the Warriors are resting guys against the Suns---- lets see the outrage for that---- it wont be 1/10th of the volume of LeBron---- because- well- ITS LEBRON- the King.

I'm not buying.
Why didn't he sit yesterday then?
Love/Kyrie isn't enough to beat a tanking Magic team?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Sanders gonna get some playing time tonight I guess

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bullshit streak anyway.
When you are on the court for just a jump ball, it becomes null and void IMO.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, the Cavs right now are a team that is as equally dangerous as they are vulnerable.

Agree. Their offense makes them as dangerous as their defense makes them vulnerable. As long as they don't have too many off nights, I can see them getting out of the East just on their offense alone.

But they are going to have make a solid improvement on defense to have a chance against the Warriors or Spurs (especially the Warriors) in the finals.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

holy shit!!!!

uhhh thats a bummer....

probably a good thing though- if there is one guy in teh freaking league that deserves a break its that fucking guy....hes been wrestling guys so much bigger than him all year--- always plays- always works his ass off.....

Give that dude the rest of the week off---- the CAvs are gonna need him. Honestly---

i know your not an Indians fan- but i saw Eric Wedge run Grady Sizemore into the GROUND in the name of how tough sizemore was- how he prided himself for being in the lineup...i get it--- esp. when you have played very night for like 5 years or whatever it is---- but im glad TT will get a blow. Lets just hope his thumb is fine and a couple days rest will get him going.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Windhorst was mentioning something about the Lakers new GM this morning on BSpn(was 5 in the morning and i was just waking up. my excuse and i'm sticking to it lol) about GM success, and my first thought was y'know, maybe he could get some tips from Pat Riley. Hell, take the guy out golfing or something...:heh:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you saw the TT news?
no.

it worries me a little bit becuase for him to not play its prob not anything good----- on the other hand- if there is one guy who needs rest its definitely Tristan. That is one tough MF'er. He wrestles centers that hes giving 3-4 inches too and 50+ lbs to all the time--- and never complains, never cares about his touches, always hustles...

hes everything that is good with team sports. Thats the type of guy young guys should have as a role model.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Larry Sanders sighting? lol......

Big Foot sightings are more prevalent!

No wonder there's no line tonight.
Wilt is out for the Cavs?

#ithoughthewasimmunetoinjury

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
holy shit!!!!

uhhh thats a bummer....

probably a good thing though- if there is one guy in teh freaking league that deserves a break its that fucking guy....hes been wrestling guys so much bigger than him all year--- always plays- always works his ass off.....

Give that dude the rest of the week off---- the CAvs are gonna need him. Honestly---

i know your not an Indians fan- but i saw Eric Wedge run Grady Sizemore into the GROUND in the name of how tough sizemore was- how he prided himself for being in the lineup...i get it--- esp. when you have played very night for like 5 years or whatever it is---- but im glad TT will get a blow. Lets just hope his thumb is fine and a couple days rest will get him going.

Totally agree. As long as its not serious this is a good thing. He's really the only cav that gets a lot of minutes that puts in 100% effort every single game.

And with the cavs roster he is such a critical piece. Lets make sure he's healthy for the playoffs.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn- this is where Bogut would come in real handy....sounds like Thompson is gonna be okay though---- but after JR missing freaking 3 months with a thumb injury- its def. something to keep in mind.

Thompson had X-rays following the game that were negative and the MRI is precautionary. The Cavs have a key game against the Celtics on Wednesday night where first place in the Eastern Conference and a tiebreaker is on the line.

Thompson hasn't missed a game since Feb. 10, 2012 and his streak of 447 consecutive games played being the longest in the league. He's averaging 9.1 points and 9.3 rebounds per game.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From February 10, 2012 to March 5, 2017. Over 5 years playing in every game. Thats pretty damn impressive in today's NBA. Hes a throwback in that regard.

RIP Tristan's streak- one tough MF'er.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From February 10, 2012 to March 5, 2017. Over 5 years playing in every game. Thats pretty damn impressive in today's NBA. Hes a throwback in that regard.

RIP Tristan's streak- one tough MF'er.

He was in a game for 2 seconds.
So fucking gay.

Status
Not open for further replies.