• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly- when LEBron first got here- Waiters honestly thought he should be ahead of Kyrie and basically 1b to LEBrons 1a.....he cant accept anything other than being the #1 guy- and hes just not a #1 guy.

Ya gotta like the confidence. It just needs to be tempered with a better acceptance of how good he actually is. From what I've seen of him (which admittedly isn't a lot), he could probably be a very good 3rd guy and maybe even a #2 guy. But I agree that he's not good enough to be the man, at least not on a title contender.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Wiggy.

Rate my post bullshit. Are you going provide any freaking evidence that Waiters wants to be the man in Miami or are you going to continue making up lies?

Do me a favor and rate this post as bullshit as well

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Waiters tell you he should be the man in Miami or are you just making up shit? There has not been a single report or article about that. Have no idea why you post a lie like that

It's just his usual inability to accept that guys can change. I mean, do you really expect him to admit that the Heat might be a better situation for someone than "The Land?" lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and no. I agree that if Waiters is "the man" on your team, you probably aren't winning a championship. However, I also don't see where he is trying to claim that. From what I've seen, he's just been playing ball and hitting big shots.

Maybe the success will go to his head and he'll revert to what he's done previously. Or maybe the Heat have a shorter Whiteside on their hands who appears to have finally figured things out.

One thing I will say is that with what the Heat have been doing, if they have or can clear the cap space, they will be attractive to a player who really can be "the man."
hes getting the most shots he ever has in his career. I guess that would be the better way of saying it- this is not a guy that is happy when he has to be role player. He NEEDS to have the ball in his hands and to get his shots--- if not- he shuts down and starts whining and doesnt play defense.

Honestly- as soon as i saw this signing i thought it was going ot be good becuase with the lack of offensive options in Miami- esp. with Dwade leaving and having all those shots avaliable- Deng leaving, etc.--- there was going to be plenty of shots for him.

Dion is happy when the ball is in his hands and he is getting a bunch of shots. If Dion has to play off the ball- and is not getting double digist shots- he is a nightmare as a teammate. And its hard for me to see any team being a serious contender with him being a guy getting a bunch of shots and having the ball in his hands a lot.

he HONESTLY thought he was better than Kyrie.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just his usual inability to accept that guys can change. I mean, do you really expect him to admit that the Heat might be a better situation for someone than "The Land?" lol
its a MUCH better situation for him in Miami then Cleveland---- tons better. thats obvious. he would NEVER in a million years get a career high in shots per game in Cleveland---- playing with stars like LeBron and Kyrie he and Love he just moped around.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dion is happy when the ball is in his hands and he is getting a bunch of shots. If Dion has to play off the ball- and is not getting double digist shots- he is a nightmare as a teammate.

He avg 9 shots last year in OKC. Please provide evidence on how he was a nightmare teammate in OKC. Provide evidence on this or shut the fuck up.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rate my post all the negative ratings you want. Tell me how was he a nightmare teammate in OKC coming off the bench and only getting 9 shots per night. Provide evidence or shut the fuck up. Rate this post rainbow as well you fucking fag

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- its kinda funny- arguably Dion's best year in the league was his 2nd year ---- his stats are prtty much identical to what they are now--- because KI was hurt a decent amount- and Dion got his shots.

the other years- he becomes a malcontent, and he sucks. In OKC he was awful- its why they let him go even though he barely made any money.

now - hes on a Miami team that DESPERATELY needs any kind of offense it can get--- and he loves it- he loves having the ball in his hands and getting a career high in shots. If Dion Waiters was gettting 9 shots a game and he would be garbage just like he was his last year in cleveland and okc.

its funny- he really hasnt improved at all since he came into the league- his stats are pretty much identical to his 2nd year in Cleveland when he was "the man" on a crappy team. When he is happy and getting shots- he is productive

he is the type of guy that would MUUUUUUUUUUCH rather be the man and get his shots on a shitty team then be a secondary player on a great team. The proof is right there --- Cleveland/OKC- he played pretty fucking terrible when he was on great teams and wasnt getting the ball as much and was constantly whining.

its not a coincedence his 2 best years in the league- and when he was the happiest is when he got shots- even though they are on bad teams.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes getting the most shots he ever has in his career. I guess that would be the better way of saying it- this is not a guy that is happy when he has to be role player. He NEEDS to have the ball in his hands and to get his shots--- if not- he shuts down and starts whining and doesnt play defense.

Just because he did that in Cleveland, doesn't mean it will be the same in Miami. Sometimes guys change and/or end up in better situations. It's not a knock on Cleveland that he is doing better in Miami anymore than it would be a knock on Miami if the situation were reversed and he went from Miami to Cleveland and performed better. Guys can learn, but sometimes it takes getting shipped out somewhere else.

We won't know how he will react to fewer shots, less emphasis on himself in Miami until he is in that situation. For now, he was playing some damn nice basketball before he got hurt and was a huge reason for the Heats turnaround.

he HONESTLY thought he was better than Kyrie.

He certainly wasn't better than Kyrie when he was in Cleveland and he's not better now. The thing is, his talent is obvious and he's only 25. We really don't know how good he could be yet. Do I think it's likely that he ends up being better than Kyrie? No. But I'm not going to completely rule it out either. Not until I see a few more seasons of each.

I will say though, that if he ever wants there to even be a conversation where he can be compared at all favorably to Kyrie, he's going to have to put together a few years of consistently playing at a high level. This one season won't mean a thing if he reverts back.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because he did that in Cleveland, doesn't mean it will be the same in Miami. Sometimes guys change and/or end up in better situations. It's not a knock on Cleveland that he is doing better in Miami anymore than it would be a knock on Miami if the situation were reversed and he went from Miami to Cleveland and performed better. Guys can learn, but sometimes it takes getting shipped out somewhere else.

We won't know how he will react to fewer shots, less emphasis on himself in Miami until he is in that situation. For now, he was playing some damn nice basketball before he got hurt and was a huge reason for the Heats turnaround.

He certainly wasn't better than Kyrie when he was in Cleveland and he's not better now. The thing is, his talent is obvious and he's only 25. We really don't know how good he could be yet. Do I think it's likely that he ends up being better than Kyrie? No. But I'm not going to completely rule it out either. Not until I see a few more seasons of each.

I will say though, that if he ever wants there to even be a conversation where he can be compared at all favorably to Kyrie, he's going to have to put together a few years of consistently playing at a high level. This one season won't mean a thing if he reverts back.
actually his 2nd year in Cleveland is pretty much identical to what he is doing in Miami right now.

he is obviously the type of guy that would rather get more shots and more PT on a shitty team- then be a secondary guy on a good/great team- but the problem is- he isnt good enough to be a major part of a team that will win anything.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its not a coincedence his 2 best years in the league- and when he was the happiest is when he got shots-

That could be said about virtually every player in the NBA. They all want more shots.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everyone knows he's not better than Kyrie but I'm never going to knock a player for having the utmost confidence in himself. I rather a player who believes in himself over one who does not.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually his 2nd year in Cleveland is pretty much identical to what he is doing in Miami right now.

he is obviously the type of guy that would rather get more shots and more PT on a shitty team- then be a secondary guy on a good/great team

You're making assumptions again

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he is obviously the type of guy that would rather get more shots and more PT on a shitty team- then be a secondary guy on a good/great team- but the problem is- he isnt good enough to be a major part of a team that will win anything.

Again, we will see. He's 25. There's plenty of time to see if he can adjust/improve. To throw a blanket statement out like that on a guy who is that young, isn't very bright.

Things didn't work out for him in Cleveland. That doesn't mean it will be the same in Miami.

How about we wait until Miami has made moves that cut into the number of shots he gets before we start saying he's going to turn into a malcontent or can only thrive on a bad team?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That could be said about virtually every player in the NBA. They all want more shots.

Exactly he is a different player from his first 3 years in the league. He is no longer a ball stopper as he was when he first came into the league. I know it's hard to believe but players actually can change after a few years

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone knows he's not better than Kyrie but I'm never going to knock a player for having the utmost confidence in himself. I rather a player who believes in himself over one who does not.

As long as it's tempered with some reality, I agree. As an example, D-Wade (who actually was "the man" on a championship team) had to accept that Lebron was the better player for the Heat to really start clicking (to be fair, Lebron had to accept that too).

If Waiters can do that when the Heat land someone who cuts into his shots, then he could really make a very nice 2nd or 3rd option on a contender.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, we will see. He's 25. There's plenty of time to see if he can adjust/improve. To throw a blanket statement out like that on a guy who is that young, isn't very bright.

Things didn't work out for him in Cleveland. That doesn't mean it will be the same in Miami.

How about we wait until Miami has made moves that cut into the number of shots he gets before we start saying he's going to turn into a malcontent or can only thrive on a bad team?

He already made changes. They loved him in OKC. He just doesn't play the same style of basketball as he did earlier in his career.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He already made changes. They loved him in OKC. He just doesn't play the same style of basketball as he did earlier in his career.

I agree he's made changes. My point is, he now needs to maintain those changes over a longer period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.