• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knew wiggy would gloat. As I said to gordon earlier, the only cavs game that will show me anything is the next in Boston next week.
gloat? LOL

i said i thought Kyrie played a good game and that we need to see more out of him. When CL67 specifically said- "wow, now are we gonna see wiggy bragging about a sixers win"- i responded to him- no- you will see me bragging when the playoffs start

last nights game meant EXACTLY as much as the prior nights game against hte Pistons

NOTHING.

and i am seriously laughing my ass off that the guy who you said you were DONE WITH is now the teams savior. It cracks me up. Dion Waiters- team savior. Though- i do have to say- i thought it was a nice signing when they got him because he has always had talent- just a 2 cent head- which actually makes him a perfect fit with Whiteside.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,209.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gloat? LOL

i said i thought Kyrie played a good game and that we need to see more out of him. When CL67 specifically said- "wow, now are we gonna see wiggy bragging about a sixers win"- i responded to him- no- you will see me bragging when the playoffs start

last nights game meant EXACTLY as much as the prior nights game against hte Pistons

NOTHING.

and i am seriously laughing my ass off that the guy who you said you were DONE WITH is now the teams savior. It cracks me up. Dion Waiters- team savior. Though- i do have to say- i thought it was a nice signing when they got him because he has always had talent- just a 2 cent head- which actually makes him a perfect fit with Whiteside.

In the vein of keeping it real (because I knew you back then) you liked the selection of Waiters when he was drafted by......the Cavs.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,209.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a healthy Bosh.....Miami would be a 4 or 5 seed in the East. You cannot blame the Heat for that. It's just bad luck. Riles has done a phenomenal job overall in Miami, like he has done throughout his career.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the vein of keeping it real (because I knew you back then) you liked the selection of Waiters when he was drafted by......the Cavs.

Waiters went to the Heat. Of course Wiggy is going to bash him. Especially with him playing better than he ever did in "The Land."

After that insult, Waiters could transform himself into the 2nd coming of MJ and Wiggy would still bash him. lol

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF! lol--- you LITERALLY just compared them to the Cavs situation in that last post i responded to. I honestly cannot believe you just said that- do you really have that little self-awareness?

You are spewing about McGruder/Babbitt in one sentence, then James, Kyrie and Love in the next comparing situations....not me.

How about this, instead of comparing them to the Heat, please do vs Warriors.
Starters, then top 4 off bench.
I'm sure you'll have James>Durant, Kyrie=Curry, Love>Klay, obviously Green >Tristan.

So if they Cavs are all that, then why are you afraid to say they will win?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gloat? LOL

NOTHING.

Prior night they played the Bulls, not the Pistons.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bucks are the hottest team in the NBA right now after playing like crap before the all-star break. Middleton has given that team new life.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,209.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waiters went to the Heat. Of course Wiggy is going to bash him. Especially with him playing better than he ever did in "The Land."

After that insult, Waiters could transform himself into the 2nd coming of MJ and Wiggy would still bash him. lol

Oh....I agree. Any rational and objective NBA fan would praise Whiteside for bouncing back and becoming a great center.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are spewing about McGruder/Babbitt in one sentence, then James, Kyrie and Love in the next comparing situations....not me.

How about this, instead of comparing them to the Heat, please do vs Warriors.
Starters, then top 4 off bench.
I'm sure you'll have James>Durant, Kyrie=Curry, Love>Klay, obviously Green >Tristan.

So if they Cavs are all that, then why are you afraid to say they will win?

We know why. When James was in Miami, there was never a year where I thought we wouldn't a title. Even in 2014

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh....I agree. Any rational and objective NBA fan would praise Whiteside for bouncing back and becoming a great center.

76 games in and still waiting for the whiteside meltdown wiggy promised me

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,209.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's just 27 and smack dab in the middle of his prime.....

2014-15: 11.8ppg, 10rpg, and 2.6bpg
2015-16: 14.2ppg, 11.8rpg, and 3.7bpg
2016-17: 16.8ppg, 14.1rpg, and 2.1bpg

Improved in each of the last 3 seasons. He may have some Cousins-like tendencies but he's still got some upside where he could average 18-20ppg, 13-14rpg, and 3bpg. Those players don't grow on trees......huge reason I wanted the Lakers to sign him.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's just 27 and smack dab in the middle of his prime.....

2014-15: 11.8ppg, 10rpg, and 2.6bpg
2015-16: 14.2ppg, 11.8rpg, and 3.7bpg
2016-17: 16.8ppg, 14.1rpg, and 2.1bpg

Improved in each of the last 3 seasons. He may have some Cousins-like tendencies but he's still got some upside where he could average 18-20ppg, 13-14rpg, and 3bpg. Those players don't grow on trees......huge reason I wanted the Lakers to sign him.

The improvement is obvious to pretty much anyone with even the tiniest ability to be objective. Did it take him awhile to figure shit out? Yes. He's also not the first guy to take awhile to do that and he won't be the last.

Whiteside is exactly why teams sometimes hang on to a talented knucklehead longer than they should or take flyers on guys who have had issues. I'll bet the Kings are looking at what he's doing and thinking "Damn, we should have kept him a little longer."

Sometimes, the light comes on and they turn into the player that everyone thought they could be when drafted or at least close to it.

Admittedly, most of the time it doesn't work out like it appears to be with Whiteside, but it does so often enough to keep teams trying it.

I was hoping the Lakers would get him too. But Miami has been very good for him, so I certainly can't blame him for staying put. I think it was the right decision. Gonna go out a limb and say that Heat fans probably agree. lol

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, with Houston's loss to Golden State.
There is no other team to catch SA and only a .000001% chance that GS loses 3 more games.

Pop is going to rest players and completely throw a wrench into the seeding and playoff lives of other teams.
2 games with Utah, 1 with Memphis, 1 with Clippers, 1 with Portland

It will be interesting to see if he selectively rests players trying to manipulate seedings.

The best scenario is to lay down for UTAH and make sure they take out the CLIPPERS who give SA fits.
Keep Memphis as the #7 seed. They are a little better draw for SA than the THUNDER.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought it was a good signing by the Heat when they got him---- but the same problem with Waiters now is the same problem when he was with the Cavs.

He thinks he should "the man".- and if Dion Waiters is "the man" on your team- you are not ever going to win anything.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 25,209.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The improvement is obvious to pretty much anyone with even the tiniest ability to be objective. Did it take him awhile to figure shit out? Yes. He's also not the first guy to take awhile to do that and he won't be the last.

Whiteside is exactly why teams sometimes hang on to a talented knucklehead longer than they should or take flyers on guys who have had issues. I'll bet the Kings are looking at what he's doing and thinking "Damn, we should have kept him a little longer."

Sometimes, the light comes on and they turn into the player that everyone thought they could be when drafted or at least close to it.

Admittedly, most of the time it doesn't work out like it appears to be with Whiteside, but it does so often enough to keep teams trying it.

Exactly.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i did- the guy has a ton of talent- he just thinks he should be "the man"- and hes not good enough to "the man".

honestly- when LEBron first got here- Waiters honestly thought he should be ahead of Kyrie and basically 1b to LEBrons 1a.....he cant accept anything other than being the #1 guy- and hes just not a #1 guy.

this is pretty funny

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He thinks he should "the man".- and if Dion Waiters is "the man" on your team- you are not ever going to win anything.

Yes and no. I agree that if Waiters is "the man" on your team, you probably aren't winning a championship. However, I also don't see where he is trying to claim that. From what I've seen, he's just been playing ball and hitting big shots.

Maybe the success will go to his head and he'll revert to what he's done previously. Or maybe the Heat have a shorter Whiteside on their hands who appears to have finally figured things out.

One thing I will say is that with what the Heat have been doing, if they have or can clear the cap space, they will be attractive to a player who really can be "the man."

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was a good signing by the Heat when they got him---- but the same problem with Waiters now is the same problem when he was with the Cavs.

Did Waiters tell you he should be the man in Miami or are you just making up shit? There has not been a single report or article about that. Have no idea why you post a lie like that

Status
Not open for further replies.