• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it actually costed them zero money.

It cost them zero money that night because the advertisers had already paid, but if those advertisers are pissed and decide to spend in the future elsewhere, then it certainly did cost them.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It cost them zero money that night because the advertisers had already paid, but if those advertisers are pissed and decide to spend in the future elsewhere, then it certainly did cost them.
when did we say the re-negotiations occur? 2024? If they havent found a solution until then- then possibly.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on the past, I would advise to not pick against James in a best of 7 vs the EC, however, this is by FAR the worst defensive team he has ever went to war with.
I know last year we were asking if the Cave were vulnerable, but then they figured it out the 2nd half.
This season, when have they ever been consistently good in general, or good defensively at all?

Not sure how they change it, but we will see.

J.R. has been bad, which is something the Cavs weren't counting on.
Maybe he got lazy after signing the big contact?
I don't want to hear about the injury, because he was terrible before it.
JR just got back from a serious injury and yesterday was his FIRST time back in the starting lineup- i mean at this point its obvious yo uare just trolling. lol.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why assume the Heat will finish 8th?

True. Unfortunately for Cleveland, there probably aren't enough games left for them to fall to the 4-seed, which would make a matchup with Miami pretty much impossible. They're going to have to hope they luck out and don't get matched up against them.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. Unfortunately for Cleveland, there probably aren't enough games left for them to fall to the 4-seed, which would make a matchup with Miami pretty much impossible. They're going to have to hope they luck out and don't get matched up against them.

I think Milwaukee or Indy get the 5th.

I'm guessing Miami gets 8th.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Scratch that, too. I didn't realize Atlanta has been free falling. Miami is only 2 games behind the 5 seed? Insane.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JR just got back from a serious injury and yesterday was his FIRST time back in the starting lineup- i mean at this point its obvious yo uare just trolling. lol.

I'm so sick of your lame excuses. The Nuggets kicked your ass. End of story.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for the record JR has been awful this year....even before his injury.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh the Wizards, lol- that organization that is such a gleaming pillar of success. LOL...thats almost as funny as the Nuggets.

The conversation was about how the keep the players playing games vs resting.
They seemed to have come up with a pretty good system.
The players say they feel great, and none have rested.

No surprise that you can't keep up.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again you can't read.
What about games 1-21?

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unrelated, does anyone care to opine on Robert Covington?

Some 76ers fans seem to think that he'll command somewhere close to $20 million per year. He's a good defensive player that can rebound and who can hit the 3. But his career FG percentage is under .400 and he's played on pretty much the worst team in the league the last 3 years.

Robert Covington Stats | Basketball-Reference.com

Take a look at his numbers. Honestly, I love him at the $1 million per year contract that he's signed to and I'd definitely be willing to pay some money to keep him (probably $10-12 million per year over 3-4 years), especially given the 76ers cap number, but there can't be any other team out there that values him as much as the 76ers fan base does, right?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again you can't read.
What about games 1-21?

And he also been back for two weeks now. Dude is acting like he just came back on Sunday and this was his 2nd game back. This was his 8th game since his injury.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some 76ers fans seem to think that he'll command somewhere close to $20 million per year. He's a good defensive player that can rebound and who can hit the 3. But his career FG percentage is under .400 and he's played on pretty much the worst team in the league the last 3 years.

Take a look at his numbers. Honestly, I love him at the $1 million per year contract that he's signed to and I'd definitely be willing to pay some money to keep him (probably $10-12 million per year over 3-4 years), especially given the 76ers cap number, but there can't be any other team out there that values him as much as the 76ers fan base does, right?

The Knicks

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The conversation was about how the keep the players playing games vs resting.
They seemed to have come up with a pretty good system.
The players say they feel great, and none have rested.

No surprise that you can't keep up.
this is a joke right?

Beale and Wall- for seemingly for the FIRST time in their careers are actually healthytogether. Those 2 guys have been decimated by injuries over the last few years. IF there is one team you would NOT want to follow I couldnt think of one that would be above the Wizards.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he also been back for two weeks now. Dude is acting like he just came back on Sunday and this was his 2nd game back. This was his 8th game since his injury.

Wiggy being Wiggy

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again you can't read.
What about games 1-21?

I wanna make sure I got this right. Are you asking wiggy about JR's performance from games 1 through 21? If so that's invalid. He only played in games 1 through 8. If that's not what you meant my bad. But he did play pretty bad in the 1st eight games.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanna make sure I got this right. Are you asking wiggy about JR's performance from games 1 through 21? If so that's invalid. He only played in games 1 through 8. If that's not what you meant my bad. But he did play pretty bad in the 1st eight games.

He played in 21 games earlier this season before he got hurt. Those were the 21 games Turnup is speaking of.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dont know if the Sixers can afford to give up any wings/guards---- I mean- you have a ton of front court players- shit- Saric is a better fit at the 4 then the 3...its like they forgot that you actually need guards....might have to bite the bullet on that one and overpay to keep him since what exactly is the alternative? prob. have the the worst 1-3 in the league- Covington is the only one that is worth anything.

at some point you need to go from asset collection to actually trying to win- and if this isnt the offseason when will it ever happen?

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty much.

No one in their right mind would bet on anyone but the Cavs coming out of the East. Last night was LITERALLY the first time all season the Cavs had what will be their full playoff rotation available

. Good for Denver- apparently they played really well from what i heard on the radio on the way in.

and i gotta admit- had a girl over and watched Walking Dead and Big Little Lies last night. Yes i just admitted i watched Big Little Lies.

yes...you are correct. Lebron James has just tons that he can learn from the Denver Nuggets. lol.

Do you actually read this stuff after you write it?

@bksballer89 @trojanfan12 @ChiefsLakers67

laughter.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.