• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't here two years ago, but you can bet your ass I called Pop a fag, I was really looking forward to that game and he ruined it.
Yeah, thats true. Newbies get a pass.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs started this trend a few years ago and now other teams are following. Atlanta already started resting their players on 2 consecutive Saturday night, Memphis did last night, & Golden State doing the same tonight. I also notice that all these teams excluding the Spurs always do it on the road.

Feel bad for the fans who paid to see a good game only to find out the opponent is resting several of their players.

Shit like this makes you not want to buy tickets for nba games after the AS break. Silver should do something

Sweet. I officially do not want to buy tickets for any NBA games. Not even in November.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do I feel like I'm supplying you with p.orn?

th

charley-barkley-daughter-3.jpg

Charles-Barkley-Daughter-arianna-angel-6.jpg

Daaaayyyuuuummm...

DEFINITION of onion butt...

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does that mean that if you peel it back and get a good whiff it'll make you cry?

lol maybe. all i know is that woman got a six pack following her WHEREVER she goes...

even Sir Mixalot mighta said "too much" with that one...

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol maybe. all i know is that woman got a six pack following her WHEREVER she goes...

even Sir Mixalot mighta said "too much" with that one...

I love thick women, but my average white male penis can't satisfy that much beautifulness.

She'll just end up turning around and realizing what I am, looks something like this

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so much anymore

the worst thing for a white guy to get called now is a Trump supporter

it's funny cuz my wife's white and she works with a helluva lotta Hispanic people...

guess it's a good thing she thinks Trump's a complete idiot...

Reactions: TJL

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a really weird analogy to make, considering its the bosses that are mandating their employees to sit out.

Are you really this naive? If Lebron wanted to play, he'd play. Ty Lue isn't keeping Lebron off the court if he wants to be on the court.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you really this naive? If Lebron wanted to play, he'd play. Ty Lue isn't keeping Lebron off the court if he wants to be on the court.

Agreed. That's not the point.

Your argument is that when you have a job, you should just do the job even when you don't like it .

In this case, LeBron's job - what he's being asked to do by his employer - is to sit the game out .

Yeah... he could pull rank and do whatever the hell he wants... but that's literally the opposite of just doing your job.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bottom line- be a man and do the job you are paid to do--- try and win a title(s) for the Cleveland Cavaliers- and do everything in your power to give yourself the best chance at doing that.

Wrong. The job he is paid to do is to play basketball to the best of his ability for every game on the schedule that he is healthy enough to play in.

The players get paid every penny of their contracts whether they go 82-0 or 0-82. They are paid separately for the playoffs and finals. The money they get for the playoffs and finals is essentially a bonus for a job well done. Not unlike what many folks with regular jobs get with their companies.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta give a shout out to @bksballer89 for being consistent on his take on resting players.

I just read through a thread from 2 years ago about how the Spurs kept resting players.

BK was the only one complaining about it. The rest of ya'll were slurping on Pop and coming up with every excuse in the book for why it was totally cool. Did you all just change your minds... or is it possible that LeBron's involvement might be shaping your opinion:noidea:
Are you sure I was on board with resting guys?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. That's not the point.

Your argument is that when you have a job, you should just do the job even when you don't like it .

In this case, LeBron's job - what he's being asked to do by his employer - is to sit the game out .

Yeah... he could pull rank and do whatever the hell he wants... but that's literally the opposite of just doing your job.

If he's not playing every game he's healthy enough to play, he's not doing his job. If his employer is telling him to sit out games when he is healthy enough to play, they aren't doing their jobs either.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BK was the only one complaining about it. The rest of ya'll were slurping on Pop and coming up with every excuse in the book for why it was totally cool. Did you all just change your minds... or is it possible that LeBron's involvement might be shaping your opinion:noidea:

Nice try. As has been pointed out here multiple times, Pop was resting old guys like Timmy and Manu. While he has said that he didn't like it, bks has posted on here that he understood it because Pop was resting old guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.