• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love you. And I don't say that often.
lyblogo.png

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My car got stolen from the parking lot of the office building where i work while I sat at my desk.

What a day.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. The job he is paid to do is to play basketball to the best of his ability for every game on the schedule that he is healthy enough to play in.

The players get paid every penny of their contracts whether they go 82-0 or 0-82. They are paid separately for the playoffs and finals. The money they get for the playoffs and finals is essentially a bonus for a job well done. Not unlike what many folks with regular jobs get with their companies.
LeBron James and the Cavaliers goal isnt for him to play all 82 games-

Every day Lebron wakes up- he isnt putting in the work to play 82 games. He is putting in the work to win a title. Its the Cavs and LeBron's duty to do everything intheir power to reach their goal inside the rules.

IF the NBA wants to change the rules- then they should change the rules- until they do- I hope the Cavs do everything in their power to try and win the title insdie the rules- and if that means sitting LeBron between 6-8 games a year in order to give them the best chance at winning- I hope they would do what is in the best interest of their fans and continue to do so.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron James and the Cavaliers goal isnt for him to play all 82 games-

Every day Lebron wakes up- he isnt putting in the work to play 82 games. He is putting in the work to win a title. Its the Cavs and LeBron's duty to do everything intheir power to reach their goal inside the rules.

IF the NBA wants to change the rules- then they should change the rules- until they do- I hope the Cavs do everything in their power to try and win the title insdie the rules- and if that means sitting LeBron between 6-8 games a year in order to give them the best chance at winning- I hope they would do what is in the best interest of their fans and continue to do so.

That, at least, is an honest answer. I don't agree with it, but at least it's honest. About time you gave up the bullshit excuse making.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That, at least, is an honest answer. About time you gave up the bullshit excuse making.
its exactly what i have been saying the entire time.

As for KYrie and Love- they sat out because of injury concerns- not because of rest on Saturday. Love was back 2 weeks early from knee surgery and they wanted to give him an extra 24 hours to make sure the knee didnt swell up- and Kyrie left the 4th qtr. of the Jazz game with knee tightness- the same knee that kept him out of the Finals 2 years ago- I was beyond relieved when they said Kyrie's knee iinjury wasnt serious- becuase thats the LAST thing the Cavs need is something minor to blow up into something major and totally derail their shot at a title.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its exactly what i have been saying the entire time.

No, it isn't. You've been throwing out bullshit about sports science and how when other players have reached 6 straight finals they can sit out too.

You finally made a quality post on the subject. Don't fuck it up by continuing to post about it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you guys know tomorrow will be the first day all season where the Cavs have every single player active that will be a part of their post season rotation?

Korver is coming back--- so you got something like- for the FIRST TIME ALL YEAR:

PG- Kyrie Irving, Deron Williams, Kay Felder
SG- JR Smith, Kyle Korver, Iman Shumpert
SF- LeBron James, Richard Jefferson
PF- Kevin Love, Derrick Williams
C- Tristan Thompson, Channing Frye, Larry Sanders

I just hope they can get some good work in over these last dozen games and get some continuity- because they will need it for the playoffs. I dont think the East is going to be a total pushover like the last two years where they lost 4 games combined in 2 seasons.

Kyrie is playing the best ball of his life though, and Love is definitely playing his best ball as a Cav. Korver is shooting 50% from 3 as a Cav. Shumpert is playing solid ball.

Deron Williams hasnt looked great yet- personally though- i have never watched a pure point guard like him operate on the Cavs in a LONG LONG LONG time- at that skil llevel- like Terrell Brandon and thats when i was YOUNG. Its fun to watch the pace he moves at and the angles he gets on the pick and rolls. I think he will make a difference in a couple games come the postseason.

Richard Jefferson still has something left in the tank- more than i ever expected when they first signed him. I hope he has another couple big moments on the big stage.

but- it all begins and ends with LeBron. He is playing great ball. He has a coach he likes, a roster he likes- and a "Robin" to his batman that he can depend on.

There is an awfully big dragon at the end to slay if and when they get there- but they proved last year that they can make history- and this team has always played better when they are chasing instead of being chased.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it isn't. You've been throwing out bullshit about sports science and how when other players have reached 6 straight finals they can sit out too.

You finally made a quality post on the subject. Don't fuck it up by continuing to post about it.
well- thats true too. I mean- you have to realize the teams arent doing this just randomly. The decisions are being made on hard facts and scientific analysis. If the science didnt back up what they were doing as being effective- they wouldnt be doing it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well- thats true too. I mean- you have to realize the teams arent doing this just randomly. The decisions are being made on hard facts and scientific analysis. If the science didnt back up what they were doing as being effective- they wouldnt be doing it.

You just had to fuck it up, huh? Couldn't help yourself.

It's based on bullshit. Teams don't need to be resting guys in their 20's and early 30's. They are paid millions of dollars to play every game they are healthy enough to play. They have better travel, better accommodations, better nutrition, better training, a schedule that provides more rest than at any other time in the leagues history and 4 months off every year to rest. They don't want to play all of the games, but they want to get paid for all of them. It's crap.

You should have stuck with your honest answer.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel so sorry for Lonzo because at some point he will be in the receiving end of Lebron, and Steph's, wrath.

#PayingForTheSinsOfTheFather
yah that a clown.

At this point- i gotta think he might be starting to hurt his sons draft status. If you are grading him and another guy as equal- doesnt this kind of stuff kind of tip the scales? And this is if they grade Lonzo and someone like Smith or Fultz equally---- dont you say--- we arent gonna have to answer a bunch of ackward questions in the media all the time with these 2 guys--- and wont have to deal with probably weird/insane demands all the time- lets take the other guy.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just had to fuck it up, huh? Couldn't help yourself.

It's based on bullshit. Teams don't need to be resting guys in their 20's and early 30's. They are paid millions of dollars to play every game they are healthy enough to play. They have better travel, better accommodations, better nutrition, better training, a schedule that provides more rest than at any other time in the leagues history and 4 months off every year to rest. They don't want to play all of the games, but they want to get paid for all of them. It's crap.

You should have stuck with your honest answer.
so im not sure what you are saying---

you honestly think there is no benefit? or you just think it doesnt matter if there is a benefit- if they an play they can play?

I mean- its obvious there is a benefit to resting--- now- if Kyrie Irving hadnt just come off a crazy stretch of basketball.

basically- season/world championship team/ back to the season and a deep playoff run ending with injury/ next season with another deep playoff run/ then the olmypic team and now gearing up for another deep playoff run--

i get it with Kyrie in his situation. Now if Kyrie hadnt played in the playoffs, and didnt play in the Olympcis- and was sitting out games at age 24- yah- that would be pretty ludicrous. But i gotta look at the big picture here. The guy has played so much basketball the last 2 years with a fairly serious knee injury stuck in between. I get why they are very careful with him and err on the side of caution.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted for Trump

Mainly just because I want to see the world burn

Didn't vote for Trump. Thought they were all idiots.

But when it came down to it, I hoped he would win simply because the Hillary supporters / liberals were beyond annoying. Their tears now sustain me. Such is life.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya gotta admit- they didnt have pro's playing in the olympcis back then- and the first round was shorter-

Kyrie played on the World Championship team, and then the Olympic team- along with 2 deep playoff runs- with a pretty serious knee injury in between.

thats a lot of freaking basketball in less than a 3 year stretch. If he has anything barking having to do with his knee at all- i gotta think the Cavs are going to err on the side of caution.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Lebron a lil bit more today.

In today's episode of " Lavar Ball needs to stfu ".

LeBron to LaVar Ball: Keep my family out of it

Oh, I give it up to Lebron on that one. And it's not just because I despise everything Lavar Ball stands for (he's a cvnt douche bag). I'm waiting for Lavar Ball to say he'd beat Lebron one-on-one. That'll be the day.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't vote for Trump. Thought they were all idiots.

But when it came down to it, I hoped he would win simply because the Hillary supporters / liberals were beyond annoying. Their tears now sustain me. Such is life.
I have a troll account I started on Twitter last month

I pretend to be a BLM activist and part of the Trump resistance

I often post tweets such as "fuck white people"

Got over 1k followers in like 3 weeks lol

Today was fun during the SCOTUS hearing

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so im not sure what you are saying---

you honestly think there is no benefit? or you just think it doesnt matter if there is a benefit- if they an play they can play?

I mean- its obvious there is a benefit to resting--- now- if Kyrie Irving hadnt just come off a crazy stretch of basketball.

basically- season/world championship team/ back to the season and a deep playoff run ending with injury/ next season with another deep playoff run/ then the olmypic team and now gearing up for another deep playoff run--

i get it with Kyrie in his situation. Now if Kyrie hadnt played in the playoffs, and didnt play in the Olympcis- and was sitting out games at age 24- yah- that would be pretty ludicrous. But i gotta look at the big picture here. The guy has played so much basketball the last 2 years with a fairly serious knee injury stuck in between. I get why they are very careful with him and err on the side of caution.

A players loyalty should be to the NBA owner paying him.
If a player is figureing in rest because of their summer schedule it's a big problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.