• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds romantic.

I have two guesses why she had a change of heart:

1. Revenge sex because her boyfriend cheated on her.

2. She recently found out she's pregnant after her first foray into revenge sex, while seriously inebriated and has no idea who the father is and is looking for a sucker to blame.

So, congrats!

th
dude it was so weird- had been to movies, had been to her place alone, my place alone, ahd gone out to dinner a couple times.....made out a few times- but never went passed that- then- all of a sudden from 0 to 60 in 4.5 seconds. lol. just no rhyme or reason to it.

Reactions: TJL

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they are weird- i took forever trying to get in this girls pants for like 2 months, and then all of a sudden- out of the blue- on a tuesday she calls me- i go meet her for a drink at a local bar and within an hour we are banging in her car in the parking lot. just no rhyme or reason. I learned a long time ago not to overthink it and just go with the flow.
I actually have a similar story, except I was trying to get it in for a lot longer than 2 months.

The result was the same though, bar for a drink, and then smashed back at my house and that was the first time we'd seen each other in months.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude it was so weird- had been to movies, had been to her place alone, my place alone, ahd gone out to dinner a couple times.....made out a few times- but never went passed that- then- all of a sudden from 0 to 60 in 4.5 seconds. lol. just no rhyme or reason to it.

In my situation, it was a friend she had been hanging out with that was a whore and I think she had convinced her to just let herself go and have fun and fuck whatever and whenever she felt the need.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my situation, it was a friend she had been hanging out with that was a whore and I think she had convinced her to just let herself go and have fun and fuck whatever and whenever she felt the need.
whatever works i guess...

Reactions: TJL

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean its true though

you dont think its a LITTLE hypocritical to call lebron out for costing the league money- when Lebron is making probably LESS than half of what he would in a free market--- and he has made them hundreds of millions of dollars-f it not BILLIONS of dollars?

like i said- if anything the league should embrace LeBron resting and doing such a great job of mainting peak performance and health. He is there biggest money maker. As the old saying goes- the fattest pig gets slaughtered.

its hard to have it both ways- watching LeBron play into June EVERY SINGLE YEAR- making the league oodles of money every single year--- but then complaining about him sitting a small handful of games in the regular season?

something has to give.

Well, Lebron is all about getting players paid and is part of the reason for the new TV contract. Going around and pissing on it by sitting out marquee games is not good for business.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just dont nationally televise games on the 2nd night of road-back to backs. That would prob cut out at least 50% of the problem. Combine that with lengthening the schedule by a week like they are already doing next year- and thats fine.

Plus- and i get the argument- you want to see LeBron when he comes to your city- but dont you have enough pride in your team to actually want to win the game instead of see LeBron shit on your team?

I mean- if i am a team struggling for a playoff spot- and im a fan of that team- woudlnt i value my team winning over having the privilege of watching LeBron beat the shit out of them?---- I understand wanting to see LeBron- but its not like having him sit out is 100% detrimental to the home team here.

you think the Clips werent a little happy that they got an easy win at a time when they are struggling for seeding?

Could've sworn that the Cavs were playing the Clippers on the first night of a back-to-back.

Previous players never had this problem. All of a sudden the Cavs do.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could've sworn that the Cavs were playing the Clippers on the first night of a back-to-back.

pretty sure other teams have had injuries concerns like love and kyrie on saturday night.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. These players are such pussies.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the league shouldn't do it. As a owner, you don't want to miss out on that money.

Also funny how in the NHL they play the same amount of games but there's no issue there. Guess it is true that basketball players are soft.

Ding ding ding

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty sure other teams have had injuries concerns like love and kyrie on saturday night.

But they knew Kyrie was fine. Love is understandable. What's Bron's excuse?

Why are we not seeing this issue in hockey which has the exact same schedule format as the NBA? Which is also a more physically demanding sport.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. When you sign on for any job, you sign on for all of it. My job sometimes requires me to put in longer hours and I even do work "off the clock" at times, plus some travel. I don't complain about it because I really enjoy it and I knew what I was signing on for.

I'd be willing to bet that virtually everyone on here, except apparently Wiggy, could say something similar about their jobs.

You do the job you signed on for...period.

This is a really weird analogy to make, considering its the bosses that are mandating their employees to sit out.

The players want to play. In this case, their job is to listen to their boss and to rest.

AKA.... They don't like it, but they know what they signed on for.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a really weird analogy to make, considering its the bosses that are mandating their employees to sit out.

The players want to play. In this case, their job is to listen to their boss and to rest.

AKA.... They don't like it, but they know what they signed on for.
I dont think its any more complicated then- LeBron's job is to try and win a title for the Cleveland Cavaliers.

If his management asks him to sit out because they think that gives the Cleveland Cavaliers the best chance to win a title- what the hell else is there? its all just noise.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta give a shout out to @bksballer89 for being consistent on his take on resting players.

I just read through a thread from 2 years ago about how the Spurs kept resting players.

BK was the only one complaining about it. The rest of ya'll were slurping on Pop and coming up with every excuse in the book for why it was totally cool. Did you all just change your minds... or is it possible that LeBron's involvement might be shaping your opinion:noidea:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta give a shout out to @bksballer89 for being consistent on his take on resting players.

I just read through a thread from 2 years ago about how the Spurs kept resting players.

BK was the only one complaining about it. The rest of ya'll were slurping on Pop and coming up with every excuse in the book for why it was totally cool. Did you all just change your minds... or is it possible that LeBron's involvement might be shaping your opinion:noidea:

Thanks dude lol. Post that in here. I don't even remember that because I've been here so long

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think its any more complicated then- LeBron's job is to try and win a title for the Cleveland Cavaliers.

If his management asks him to sit out because they think that gives the Cleveland Cavaliers the best chance to win a title- what the hell else is there? its all just noise.

Yep.

Everyone brings up the road fan buying a ticket to 1 game (which is fair)...

But what about the thousands of diehard Cavs fans and season ticket holders that value a title way more than a LeBron appearance in one particular game??

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wasn't here two years ago, but you can bet your ass I called Pop a fag, I was really looking forward to that game and he ruined it.

Status
Not open for further replies.