• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to you the Earth is flat. And stop that shit about rings won in the past don't matter. Because you'll be bragging about what the Cavs did last year for the next 20/30 years.
according to ME the world is flat? what? lol.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you build the team around The King?

er, no...

but i DID do my best to throw it down on his head every chance i got. even gave him the tea bagging he deserves once or twice...

glad we took the time out for me to answer that, though...:heh:

and obtw, built through the draft...

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts? @CitySushi @Montalban

The Warriors organization cracks me up. WTF would the Thunder do that? I don't remember the Heat bitching about the Cavs organization with the way LBJ was treated in his first game back in Cleveland. This is hilarious.

The Golden State Warriors organization was furious and bewildered about the inactivity from Oklahoma City Thunder leadership leading up to that first Durant return contest on Feb. 11, league sources told ESPN.

Sources say the Warriors were of the mindset that someone from ownership or management should have addressed the media on Durant's behalf to help ease the tension upon his return.

The feeling is that Durant should have been acknowledged or thanked, in a news conference setting, for his nine years of excellent service.

:L:L:L

Sources: KD's treatment in OKC upset Warriors

I see where the Warriors are coming from. I get that they have a new superstar and they want to protect him. To be honest, it's really the smart move considering KD is still a pending free agent this year. 1) The Warriors are showing him how they treat their stars and 2) They are showing him how much he means to the organization by stepping out on this limb for him. It's 100% the right play by the Warriors.

But in general, not related to this specific scenario, I think it's pretty petty. Who are the Warriors to tell the Thunder how to run their organization. It actually benefits the Warriors by the Thunder treating KD like crap. The Warriors get to put on their "this is how we treat our players" hats and should appeal to KD. So I think it's pretty lame in general, but understand why they're saying/doing this.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
er, no...

but i DID do my best to throw it down on his head every chance i got. even gave him the tea bagging he deserves once or twice...

glad we took the time out for me to answer that, though...:heh:
thats awesome! well at least the Lakers can beat the Cavs in a video game....

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 5 years into my franchise on NBA 2K17 and Cleveland hasn't even made it to the Eastern Conference Finals since 2017. Tough to do with the 76ers getting the one seed every year. Chicago knocked them out one year. I think Boston did another year, maybe Indiana.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 5 years into my franchise on NBA 2K17 and Cleveland hasn't even made it to the Eastern Conference Finals since 2017. Tough to do with the 76ers getting the one seed every year. Chicago knocked them out one year. I think Boston did another year, maybe Indiana.

lol yeah the Wizards knocked the Cavs out in round 2 of my game and went to the finals...losing to the Rockets...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"could have" and "should have" are 2 VERY VERY different things

"could have" KEvin Love played- less than 5 weeks coming off surgery that was predicated to keep him out 6 weeks? sure--- should he have? of course not

What a bunch of bullshit this is. He couldn't play against the Clippers, but he could play against the Lakers the very next night?

Your Cavs were afraid to play the Clippers and damn near got beat by the Lakers with their full squad.

could have Kyrie Irving played after sitting out the 4th qtr the other night with knee issues?--the same guy that missed the Finals 2 years ago with knee issues?---- sure- should he have? of course not- but only if you have a brain.

Same thing. He couldn't/shouldn't go against the Clippers, but he could/should against the Lakers the very next night? What the fuck did he do? Have Mr. Miyagi show up and fix heis knee like he did for Daniel-san?

I can see the scene playing out in the Cavs locker room:

Anyone can see right through this bullshit...but only if they have a brain.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think wiggy realises the very definition of 'tanking' was seen in the 4th quarter of last nights game.

The cavs didn't win - the Lakers lost.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your Cavs were afraid to play the Clippers and damn near got beat by the Lakers with their full squad.

Man you crazy. The Cavs aren't @ full strength. They're missing Chris 'Birman' Andersen!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a bunch of bullshit this is. He couldn't play against the Clippers, but he could play against the Lakers the very next night?

Same thing. He couldn't/shouldn't go against the Clippers, but he could/should against the Lakers the very next night? What the fuck did he do? Have Mr. Miyagi show up and fix heis knee like he did for Daniel-san?

I can see the scene playing out in the Cavs locker room:

Anyone can see right through this bullshit...but only if they have a brain.
no- i think you are right....they should have played a guy that had to be pulled out of a game in the 4th quarter on Thursday night on Saturday night. I mean- its way more important that he played in that game on a Saturay night in March, then got rest and gave his knee an extra day to heal. I mean- its not like he benefited from that rest with a big game or anything. I mean- why give a guy with a history of knee problems an off day? I think me and you know a lot more than the Cavs medical staff know about Kyrie's knee.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts? @CitySushi @Montalban

The Warriors organization cracks me up. WTF would the Thunder do that? I don't remember the Heat bitching about the Cavs organization with the way LBJ was treated in his first game back in Cleveland. This is hilarious.

The Golden State Warriors organization was furious and bewildered about the inactivity from Oklahoma City Thunder leadership leading up to that first Durant return contest on Feb. 11, league sources told ESPN.

Sources say the Warriors were of the mindset that someone from ownership or management should have addressed the media on Durant's behalf to help ease the tension upon his return.

The feeling is that Durant should have been acknowledged or thanked, in a news conference setting, for his nine years of excellent service.

:L:L:L

Sources: KD's treatment in OKC upset Warriors
The Warriors are being whiners about this. Why should OKC honor a guy that left them in the lurch. Maybe sometime in the future but the wound is still too fresh right now.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think wiggy realises the very definition of 'tanking' was seen in the 4th quarter of last nights game.

The cavs didn't win - the Lakers lost.

laughingsmiley.gif

No the Cavs won. Which is a good thing because whenever the Lakers win right now Magic fines each player 25,000 buck-a-roos.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs down 11 in the 4th.....but then Kyrie Irving does what he does best----- shreds the opposing defense and steps up in crunch time.

Kyrie 15/21 from the field, 10/10 from the free throw line, 6/10 from 3. now that is what you call a hot shooting night- though Russell was ALMOST as hot as he was.

How'd he do defensively against Russell?

Status
Not open for further replies.