• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Season Prediction Thread

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're not talking about Nike's quality here.
giphy.gif

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@BoiseStateFan27 I see you have not received a bullshit award yet, so I gave you one for picking Sparty over Oregon.

No hard feelings sir.

:suds:
None to you either sir, I return return your bullshit with two bullshits!!

Just a hint, but Sparty definitely caught Oregon at a good time.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
two returns also it appears LOL

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok what was I doing here again? Oh yes right, time for the

Northwestern Wildcats

logo-northwestern-wildcats-575x575.s600x600.jpg

Preview: What happened to Pat Fitzgerald and the Northwestern Wildcats? Little under two years ago they were 4-0, ranked 16th, hosting college gameday and in that game leading the championship contending Ohio State Buckeyes in the 4th quarter. They ended up losing that game by 10, and then had a complete collapse, and are 6-14 after that 4-0 start. Are they falling back to the bottom of the Big 10? Has Pat Fitzgerald lost it? I’m not so sure of that, While they definitely did struggle, Northwestern showed some signs of being the usual pest to upper Big 10 opponents that they’ve been under Pat Fitzgerald, last year they upset Penn State, Wisconsin and Notre Dame, and almost beat Michigan in a game in which both teams did all they could to not score in the first half. Injuries have definitely held this program back the past two seasons, the other thing that has held them back is the offensive line, it has struggled badly, and they will have to retool that this year to finally find some success there. If they can do that the offense looks promising, Trevor Siemien is gone, but there is some good potential with the new QBs Zach Oliver has a big arm, and has some mobility but isn’t as mobile as other contenders Matt Alviti and Clayton Thorson, Northwestern could possibly go back to a two QB system which was a successful system for them in the past. Breakout RB Justin Jackson returns, he was perhaps overshadowed by the other great RBs that the Big 10 featured. The receivers are a good group, and so is what Northwestern calls a “superback” in Dan Vitale who is a great athlete. Northwestern’s defense is a good one except in the 4th quarter, where at times last year they failed to tackle in big 3rd and 4th down situations. Northwestern’s defensive line is deep now with several linemen who have played significant time, linebacker is a question as there’s some inexperience there. The secondary is very good and includes some great players in corner Matthew Harris and safety Godwin Igwebuike. The schedule is pretty tough, with non-conference games against Stanford and Duke, and Northwestern draws Michigan and Penn State from the East division, both of which will be improved this year. There have been a few times I’ve seen there, where everyone thinks a good coach has lost his mojo after some seasons of bad luck, before they come through and have a good year, I’m predicting Northwestern to make a bowl and have a better than expected season overall.

Predictions:

Sept. 5 Stanford: Stanford is a very tough opener for Northwestern, Northwestern has the advantage of Stanford breaking in a young defense, but it is talented, Northwestern though will have a new QB and will be working out their offensive line kinks, Stanford isn’t the best opponent to do that against, Northwestern does give them a tough time in this one but loses it late. L

Sept. 12 Eastern Illinois: Eastern Illinois struggled last year after having an incredible year the year before, they will be a little better but not enough to beat Northwestern. W

Sept. 19 @ Duke: Duke is similar to Northwestern, and both have excellent coaching, the difference is that Northwestern brings back more starters than Duke and their offense will have success running the ball in this game, and beating Duke. W

Sept. 26 Ball State: Ball State had been successful under Pete Lembo, until last year, they dropped off a little bit, but will be improved this year, so they could be a tricky opponent if Northwestern overlooks them, but I think Northwestern will handle them. W

Oct. 3 Minnesota: This game will be a defensive battle, and early on Northwestern’s offensive line still won’t be the best, Minnesota exploits it in this game and takes down Northwestern. L

Oct. 10 @ Michigan: Talk about slow starts, last year both teams did everything they could to avoid scoring in the first half, some really humorous, the year before both teams did all they could to avoid scoring a touchdown in regulation. Michigan did win both of those and overall Northwestern hasn’t beaten Michigan since Michigan’s horrible 2008 season, so I have Northwestern losing this one. L

Oct. 17 Iowa: This will be another low scoring game for Northwestern, but this time they make enough plays on the offense to come out with the win. W

Oct. 24 @ Nebraska: Northwestern still continues to make offensive progress in this game, but their defense will have a tough time no matter how good it is with Nebraska’s great receivers, Northwestern loses in a close one. L

Nov. 7 Penn State: Northwestern gets the benefit of a bye week prior to this game, and Northwestern will manage to pull off a minor upset over Penn State in a close game. W

Nov. 14 Purdue: Northwestern won’t have a tough time with Purdue here, they should take this one easily. W

Nov. 21 @ Wisconsin: Here’s a big upset, Paul Chryst doesn’t have an extensive history as a head coach and he might be a better fit at Wisconsin, but so far he has had the tendency to drop games in random unexpected upsets, Northwestern is a good candidate to pull one off as they have done this for a while under Fitzgerald, so I have them winning this one. W

Nov. 28 Illinois(Chicago) : Northwestern will have their actual coach in this game and Illinois might not, overall I think Northwestern will take down Illinois in this game. W

Record: 8-4(5-3)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State Buckeyes

Ohio-State-logo_1162.jpg

Preview: Now here is our defending national champions, Ohio State had so many questions develop throughout the year, as it started with Braxton Miller going down with injury, so backup JT Barrett became the starter, and after a trying second game in a home loss to Virginia Tech people wondered how far Ohio State would fall, turns out they were just beginning to rise. Ohio State immediately went on a roll, other than a tough test in double overtime against Penn State, Ohio State then really served notice that they arrived when they beat Michigan State on the road 49-37. Ohio State then was tested again, they struggled against Michigan and then JT Barrett went down with injury, instead of having trouble Ohio State pulled it together under Cardale Jones and won by two touchdowns, what they would do in the final 3 games with Cardale Jones was just unbelievable, they destroyed Wisconsin 59-0 in the Big 10 championship and that got them in the college football playoff where they beat Alabama in the semifinals and then Oregon in the national championship, it was quite the run, and they may not be done. Ohio State’s offense has a ridiculous selection of talent, JT Barrett and Cardale Jones are competing for the starting job and it’s tough to go wrong with either one of them. Ezekiel Elliott really broke out late in the year as he was just incredible now he could be the nation’s top running back this year. There’s also a lot of options to throw to, Michael Thomas is one of the better receivers in the country, and they have incredibly versatile weapons in Jalin Marshall, Curtis Samuel, Dontre Wilson and in a bit of a surprise, former QB Braxton Miller. The offensive line struggled against Virginia Tech last year, but became dominant late in the year, four starters return there. Ohio State’s defense has some talent too, in every area, starting on the defensive line with the best defensive lineman in college football in Joey Bosa, who was great last year, and it’s almost unfair that he’s only a sophomore, Michael Bennett is gone to the NFL though and he will be a significant loss for the line, linebacker should be loaded too, Darren Lee and Joshua Perry were great starters there last year, and the new starter is Raekwon McMillan, who is very talented. Ohio State only loses Doran Grant from the secondary, with Eli Apple, Vonn Bell and Tyvis Powell all coming back. The schedule isn’t that difficult either, a road game to open the season against Virginia Tech could be tricky, then at the end of the season is Michigan State their biggest challenger in the Big 10, and then rival Michigan who almost always seems to give them a fight. This roster is absolutely loaded, but they do start preseason number one which has been an absolute curse, while I don’t quite see them losing a game in the regular season, I think they get tripped up in the playoffs.

Predictions:

Sept. 7 @ Virginia Tech: The last team to beat Ohio State and now they go on the road against them, it will be a very tough environment, and Ohio State probably won’t have it as easy as some think, with Virginia Tech’s defense giving their offense a tough time, and Virginia Tech has their running backs healthy again, I do think Ohio State comes out with the victory still. W

Sept. 12 Hawai’i: You know of two of the Ohio State QBs, I think we’ll learn some more in this one, Ohio State wins in a blowout. W

Sept. 19 Northern Illinois: Northern Illinois has a solid team, and they are a contender in their conference, but while they are good they’re nowhere near good enough to upset Ohio State. W

Sept. 26 Western Michigan: Read what I said in regards to the Northern Illinois game, the exact same thing applies here. W

Oct. 3 @ Indiana: Ohio State actually had a tough time with them last year, but I don’t think they will as much this year, Ohio State rolls. W

Oct. 10 Maryland: Maryland has a lot to replace, so Ohio State will roll once again. W

Oct. 17 Penn State: Penn State’s defense is good enough to give Ohio State’s offense fits, and Penn State will have an improved offensive line this year too which will allow Hackenberg more time to throw which is a threatening scenario for Ohio State, but I think the defensive line will still give Penn State a tough time, so maybe Hackenberg won’t have as much time, Ohio State wins this one, but it will be somewhat close. W

Oct. 24 @ Rutgers: Rutgers actually had themselves a decent home field advantage last year, and one of Ohio State’s few weaknesses last year was defending the run, with Rutgers getting Paul James back this year that might be a strength for them, I can’t see Ohio State losing this but maybe Rutgers will give them some fits. W

Nov. 7 Minnesota: Ohio State’s defense will dominate Minnesota’s offense in this game with the bye week to help them out, Ohio State wins. W

Nov. 14 @ Illinois: This won’t be a good one, Ohio State rolls. W

Nov. 21 Michigan State: Ohio State’s biggest challenger for the east, Michigan State will be a challenge for Ohio State as their offense is very good and will have some success, but Michigan State did have an issue with defending talented fast paced no huddle offenses like Ohio State, and it’s simply tough to see Urban Meyer dropping a huge game like this. W

Nov. 28 @ Michigan: On paper this shouldn’t be a challenge, but Michigan always gives them fits and they will here as well, forcing Ohio State to escape late once again. W

Record 12-0(8-0)

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None to you either sir, I return return your bullshit with two bullshits!!

Just a hint, but Sparty definitely caught Oregon at a good time.
I agreed with what you said and called bullshit on his. I would never down vote someone in their own thread if they are going through all the effort of analyzing every team's strengths and weaknesses and predicting records. That takes a lot of research and effort and ought to be respected. Keep up the hard work

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agreed with what you said and called bullshit on his. I would never down vote someone in their own thread if they are going through all the effort of analyzing every team's strengths and weaknesses and predicting records. That takes a lot of research and effort and ought to be respected. Keep up the hard work

Thank you sir! Certainly is a lot of work to do, but fun at the same time, I've got a lot to do, as I have a lot of catching up to do.

Ole Mamba was just yanking my chain though LOL

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and of course as soon as I post the Ohio State preview 4 key players get suspended for the opener :L

I'm considering pulling the trigger on the upset, but I'll take a few days to see

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn State Nittany Lions

PENN-STATE-LOGO.gif

Preview: Penn State struggled in their first year under James Franklin, the main reason why is the offensive line was terrible. Penn State struggled to a 7-6 record, but one of their better offensive performances was in a win in the Pinstripe bowl over Boston College. The offense features a future NFL QB in Christian Hackenburg, he struggled last year thanks to being on the run a lot with the offensive line struggling, but if the offensive line can improve he will be dangerous. Akeel Lynch has showed some promise and now he is the number one RB, DaeSean Hamilton was one of the Big 10s better receivers last year, and the tight end position is very deep. The offensive line returns 4 starters from a group that struggled, but with another year together they should improve. The defense meanwhile was the star for this team last year, and with the return of Bob Shoop it’s the first time in several years that the defense will have the same coordinator back to back years. The defensive line should be strong with two of the best defensive tackles in the Big 10, the linebackers are pretty good, but Mike Hull will be a tough player to replace there, the secondary should be solid also, free safety Marcus Allen was terrific there as a freshman. The schedule is about as good as it could be, San Diego State is the most threatening non-conference opponent, and it sets up very well for Penn State to start 6-0, the tough part is they get Ohio State and Michigan State on the road. Overall Penn State will have an improved year, and could potentially hit 10 wins.

Predictions:

Sept. 5 @ Temple: This is a road game, but Penn State will easily have more fans at the game, Penn State’s struggling offense scored 30 on Temple last year, and Temple’s offense doesn’t have a great QB like Penn State does, Penn State takes this one. W

Sept. 12 Buffalo: Buffalo has an exciting new head coach, and will certainly be better coached, it could make Buffalo a little more pesky, but Penn State will be too talented to actually lose this game. W

Sept. 19 Rutgers: For the second straight year these two play to open Big 10 play, I’m not sure why they both are the only Big 10 teams to play before October, perhaps it’s because they both play Army? That’s the only thing I can really come up with, weird. Anyways for the game itself Rutgers does return the defensive line that absolutely harassed Hackenberg last year, but Rutgers will not have it easy trying to score on Penn State, and Hackenberg when he does get time will take advantage of Rutgers new secondary. W

Sept. 26 San Diego State: San Diego State will challenge Penn State with their good defense, but San Diego State doesn’t have an offense that will score much on Penn State, at least not enough for Penn State to lose. W

Oct. 3 Army: Army improved quite a bit last year under Monken, but they lose a lot from that team and won’t be much of a threat to Penn State in this one. W

Oct. 10 Indiana: Indiana’s offense will be a threat, but Penn State will be able to score on Indiana very easily, and win this one. W

Oct. 17 @ Ohio State: Penn State turned out to give Ohio State the toughest time out of anyone in the Big 10 last year and their defense gave Ohio State all sorts of fits, Ohio State powered through and won the game though, Penn State’s offensive line will be improved but Ohio State’s defense will again give Hackenberg a tough time, causing Penn State to lose.

Oct. 24 Maryland(Baltimore) : Maryland has a lot to replace this year, and Penn State’s defense will give them too much trouble for Penn State to lose this one, Penn State takes this in a victory. W

Oct. 31 Illinois: Illinois actually upset Penn State last year, in one of my better upset picks!! This year I think Penn State will take this game. W

Nov. 7 @ Northwestern: Northwestern will be a tricky team for Penn State to face, they’re right before a tough two game stretch to end the year, and I think at this point in the year Northwestern’s offense will be playing really good allowing them to pull off the upset. L

Nov. 21 Michigan: Like I said in the Michigan preview, the home team has a good winning streak in the series between these two, I’m going to ride that in this one, but seriously how much fun is the Big 10 East going to be soon? Harbaugh, Franklin, Meyer and Dantonio, all in the same division? Wow. W

Nov. 28 @ Michigan State: Michigan State will be very tough to beat, their defensive line is one of the best in the country, so Penn State’s offensive line will have to be a whole new line basically compared to last year to keep Hackenberg comfortable, still Penn State puts up a good fight but loses late. L

Record: 9-3(5-3)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purdue Boilermakers

Purdue-Boilermakers.gif

Preview: Purdue hasn’t been good at all so far under Darrell Hazell, it may not be entirely his fault, he inherited a bare cupboard. Purdue improved to 3-9 last year at least, the win in the opener over Western Michigan was likely their best win of the year. The offense last year actually was a bright spot for a while, for a 3 game stretch when QB Austin Appleby first started Purdue seemingly found a spark, they scored 38 in a win over Illinois, their lone Big 10 win, an impressive 31 on Michigan State and 38 on Minnesota, both were good defenses last year, so there was promise for Purdue, then they failed to score more than 16 points in the final 4 games, some questions to develop, perhaps Appleby was hurt, or did opposing defenses figure him out once they had a few games of tape on him. The latter is the most likely scenario, now it will be interesting to see if Appleby can at least get close to that form, or will Purdue have yet another QB battle on their hands, Danny Etling was the other QB with experience but he transferred. Some young RBs are on the roster, so there is the hope that one could develop, WR Danny Anthrop was a highlight, but he has to recover from knee surgery. The offensive line is the strength of the offense, with all 5 starters returning. Purdue’s defense has linebackers being a strength but the defensive ends and safeties will need to be better. The non-conference schedule features Marshall and Bowling Green two of the better mid major teams, and Virginia Tech, but Purdue does draw Michigan State from the East, and overall the Big 10 seems to be improving at a quicker rate than Purdue is, it could be another long year.

Predictions:

Sept. 6 @ Marshall: Marshall is replacing a lot of great players from last year’s team, but they do have a strong base of talent, and best of all they kept head coach Doc Holliday. Marshall still has a talented group of receivers and a great running back that could allow Marshall to win this in a high scoring game. L

Sept. 12 Indiana State: Purdue’s only win two years ago was a close one over Indiana State, who is still a good FCS team right now, Purdue should manage to win this one though. W

Sept. 19 Virginia Tech: Virginia Tech does tend to drop random games, unless Purdue has improved a lot, they won’t be that team. L

Sept. 26 Bowling Green: This will be a shootout, Bowling Green has a very good offense, with one of the best receiving corps for a mid major around, Bowling Green will be able to pass all over Purdue, though Purdue will be able to score a lot as well, Bowling Green wins in a shootout though, similar to their 45-42 win over Indiana last year. L

Oct. 3 @ Michigan State: This is one upset that I will rule out from happening. L

Oct. 10 Minnesota: Purdue likely won’t be able to score as much on Minnesota as they did last year, Purdue will actually struggle this year, and lose. L

Oct. 17 @ Wisconsin: Purdue will get steamrolled by Wisconsin in this game. L

Oct. 31 Nebraska: Purdue also won’t stand much of a chance of winning this game either. L

Nov. 7 Illinois: At this point Illinois won’t be playing near as good as they could, and Purdue will take advantage and beat them here. W

Nov. 14 @ Northwestern: Northwestern will beat Purdue in this game, they’re superior in about every way. L

Nov. 21 @ Iowa: Iowa’s defense will stifle Purdue’s offense in this game, and Purdue’s defense will allow Iowa’s offense to be successful as well. L

Nov. 28 Indiana: Purdue has a decent chance of winning this game, but Indiana comes in focused and with their running offense they have plenty of success against Purdue’s defense. L

Record: 2-10(1-7)

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan State Spartans

btmoc-mistate-logo.png

Sept. 12 Oregon: Here’s a matchup where Michigan State will be tested by a fast paced offense, Michigan State’s offense will have some success against Oregon’s young but talented secondary, Michigan State though will have a tough time again Oregon’s offense led most likely by the talented Vernon Adams, Michigan State’s defensive line will finally make a big game winning play at the end for Michigan State to win in a close shootout. W

Oregon's young and talented secondary against a very good QB throwing to who? non of MSU recievers had more than 30 catches or 500 yards last year. (only 4 over 400 even for kings) Sure they have a number of seniors but non have the kind of experience nor the big threat that Lippett represented.
Oregon has a very deep talented corps of receivers, just a matter of who is throwing. MSU secondary is down from the last couple years. so we'll see how the passing game goes for both.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rutgers Scarlet Knights

Rutgers_Scarlet_Knights217.png

Preview: One of the bigger surprises in the Big 10 last year was newcomer Rutgers, who surprisingly had a good 8-5 season. Rutgers especially was off to a great start when they were 5-1 with only a last moment home loss to Penn State, and they beat Michigan in a nice win, of course it was part of a tough stretch of Michigan, Ohio State, Nebraska, and Wisconsin, they lost the next three down that stretch, but ended the year pretty strong. Rutgers now enters this year with some newfound excitement after a successful first season in the Big 10, some new challenges are to be faced though. Rutgers’ offense was good last year, with a strong running game and a passing game that was solid too, this year will undergo some change as the offensive coordinator, Ralph Friedgen who helped improve the offense last year is now retired, QB Gary Nova who after struggling for year was very efficient last year, has now graduated. The running game should still be a strength of the offense as Robert Martin and Josh Hicks return, as well as Paul James who is back from an injury that took him out early last year. The WRs consist mainly of one man, Leonte Carroo is a NFL talent and is a playmaker, the issue is the only talent Rutgers had around him in Tyler Kroft is now in the NFL, and as it was late in the year Carroo wasn’t able to make as many big plays with opposing defenses focusing on him. The defense was decent last year, but struggled against most good offenses, they also lose a lot of starters there. The defense may still be the best unit of the two so overall a lot of change going on here. The schedule is tough, Washington State is the only challenging non-conference opponent, but the conference schedule is brutal, Rutgers has it about as bad as possible with Nebraska and Wisconsin from the West. Overall this year looks like the year where Rutgers will struggle most in their Big 10 transition, secretly Kyle Flood could be on the hot seat this year, primarily because the opportunity to bring Greg Schiano back is there, Schiano was most likely the most successful coach Rutgers ever had.

Predictions:

Sept. 5 Norfolk State: Norfolk State is towards the bottom when you consider FCS schools, I’m impressed Rutgers is pretty good at finding non-threatening FCS schools. W

Sept. 12 Washington State: Washington State will be improved this year I feel like, and their passing game will have a lot of success against Rutgers’ new secondary. I think Rutgers loses this one. L

Sept. 19 Penn State: This is where Rutgers will struggle on offense, Penn state’s defense dominates this game in a loss for Rutgers. L

Sept. 26 Kansas: Kansas looks set up for a rough year, a new coach, and a lot of good starters gone, either through graduation and some through injury. Rutgers will be a lot better than Kansas and win this game. W

Oct. 10 Michigan State: Rutgers gets some extra time to prepare for Michigan State here, but the talent difference is massive, Rutgers loses. L

Oct. 17 @ Indiana: Rutgers will have a tough time with Indiana’s offense actually having a good QB, Rutgers will end up losing this in a close one. L

Oct. 24 Ohio State: Ohio State is superior to Rutgers in about every way, I can’t see Rutgers pulling off an upset. L

Oct.31 @ Wisconsin: I can’t see Rutgers pulling an upset in this one. L

Nov. 7 @ Michigan: Or repeating an upset in this one. L

Nov. 14 Nebraska: Or winning this one. L

Nov. 21 @ Army: Finally Rutgers gets a bit of a break, Rutgers’ defense will be able to stop Army’s option, and they will win this one. W

Nov. 28 Maryland: Both teams will be playing better at this point, Rutgers does win this one to give them some hope for a better 2016. W

Record: 4-8(1-7)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin Badgers

wisconsin_1_2_3_4_5.jpg

Preview: Little more change for Wisconsin as they have yet another new head coach this year. Paul Chryst comes over from Pitt after Gary Anderson left for Oregon State, Gary Anderson may not have been the best fit for Wisconsin though, he stubbornly wanted to throw the ball more than the traditional Wisconsin offense does, and it quite possibly prevented Wisconsin from entering the Big 10 championship undefeated, I mean seriously they rarely ran with talented running backs up 24-7 against LSU! Paul Chryst is a coach who didn’t do much for success at Pitt, but he is a great fit for Wisconsin. He brings back what should be another strong rushing offense, Joel Stave is back and he played better later in the year after being pretty bad early on, he just has to avoid turning the ball over, Corey Clement returns and with Melvin Gordon gone he is now set to be Wisconsin’s star running back, and you have to figure with how Wisconsin has been another running back will emerge. Alex Erickson is a good receiver that returns but they will need to find another receiving target beyond him. The offensive line will be a little inexperienced this year, and perhaps could be a concern but Wisconsin usually doesn’t have trouble there. The defense will be very good for Wisconsin, they are talented in the front seven, but yet their strength is a very good and experienced secondary, the corners especially are experienced and have a lot of college starts between the two, Michael Caputo is last years leading tackler and will be a star at safety, the other safety will be Tanner McEvoy who played QB last year but won’t fit in as a QB for Paul Chryst. Wisconsin’s schedule is about as easy as it comes in the Big 10, they have a season opener against Alabama in Dallas, and a road game against Nebraska, those are the only truly big games, all that exists beyond that are some potential stumbling blocks, Wisconsin got Rutgers and Maryland from the East so that’s a major break. Overall Wisconsin should be extremely disappointed if they don’t hit 10 wins this year.

Predictions:

Sept. 5 Alabama: It would be a major upset if Wisconsin wins this one, there is the potential for them to pull it off though, their secondary could give Alabama’s new QB, whoever it is, a really difficult time, if Wisconsin can do that perhaps they could pull off a big upset, I’m not sure I see it though. L

Sept. 12 Miami(OH): Wisconsin will steamroll Miami in this one, they are coming off a decent improvement, but lose the QB that helped them make it happen, Miami will be better soon but for now, this won’t be close. W

Sept. 19 Troy: Yes Wisconsin is really lacking tough non-conference opponents other than Alabama, Troy’s offense might actually score double digit points on Wisconsin at least, but Wisconsin could hit 70. W

Sept. 26 Hawai’I: Hawai’I actually put up good fights against bigger foes last year, maybe they could do the same here, but Wisconsin should win. W

Oct. 3 Iowa: The first test for Wisconsin’s offense since week one is here, they will pass this one and beat Iowa. W

Oct. 10 @ Nebraska: Man Wisconsin absolutely embarrassed Nebraska in last year’s matchup, while I don’t think the same will happen here, Wisconsin seems to have Nebraska’s number, so I’m going with them in this one. W

Oct. 17 Purdue: Wisconsin will steamroll Purdue in this one, I don’t know what it is but when a running team dominates an opponent I want to say steamroll. W

Oct. 24 @ Illinois: Wisconsin will also steamroll Illinois. W

Oct. 31 Rutgers: and Rutgers. W

Nov. 7 @ Maryland: also Maryland. W

Nov. 21 Northwestern: Well Wisconsin has a bye week prior to this game, I don’t know why but I’m calling for a stunning upset in this one, Wisconsin stumbles and loses a major upset. L

Nov. 28 @ Minnesota: Minnesota has been a tempting team to pick to upset Wisconsin, but they haven’t beaten them in so long, it’s tough to go against that. W

Record: 10-2(7-1)

Last edited:

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon's young and talented secondary against a very good QB throwing to who? non of MSU recievers had more than 30 catches or 500 yards last year. (only 4 over 400 even for kings) Sure they have a number of seniors but non have the kind of experience nor the big threat that Lippett represented.
Oregon has a very deep talented corps of receivers, just a matter of who is throwing. MSU secondary is down from the last couple years. so we'll see how the passing game goes for both.

There's certainly a lot of questions with both teams, honestly it's tough to tell how both will play as their game against each other is their first true test, I just think getting Oregon earlier in the year is better than later.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Psst they play Alabama week one

Wisconsin is going to beat itself. Which would result in the 1st actual real loss for Alabama in history yet will ironically show up in the record books as a win.

VFL1995

Vol For Eternity
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow you're way optimistic with Wisconsin. I have them struggling this year, granted they have a very good running back. But with a new coach and a tough schedule I have then struggling a bit. I think they finish 8-4(5-3) with losses to Alabama, Iowa, Nebraska and Minnesota