• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Season Prediction Thread

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's that time again, the time of year where I try to help everyone(or at least myself) pass the time until College football season is back upon us

I'm doing predictions by conference, in alphabetical order.

So the order is

AAC
ACC
B10
B12
CUSA
Mac
MWC
Pac12
SBC
SEC

I did a lot better on my predictions last year than the year before, but missed a lot of surprise teams and random upsets, I'll try to add those in a little bit this year to add a little spice to it.

Well who's ready for this fun adventure?

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to start this thing off with the

Cincinnati Bearcats
cincinnati-bearcats-primary-logo-primary.jpg

Preview: Cincinnati finished with a really good record last season despite facing a series of challenges, right away early in the season Cincinnati was hit by a plethora of injuries and didn't get off to the best of starts, which was odd considering they started the season later than anyone else, they opened the season against Toledo where they at one point had a massive lead blew it then won anyways 58-34, Cincinnati then struggled against a Miami-Ohio team they were supposed to be much better than, then suffered an expected blowout to Ohio State, followed by a surprising 41-14 destruction by Memphis at home and 55-34 loss to Miami-Florida on the road. Cincinnati would recover to win the final 7 games of the regular season before losing in their bowl game to Virginia Tech in which a walk-on played quarterback. The struggles with injuries gave a lot of different players playing time, Cincinnati's primary three running backs Hosey Williams, Tion Green, and my personal favorite name wise Ralph David Abernathy the 4th, played in a combined total of 9 games last season with obviously some overlaps. Cincinnati had 9 different offensive linemen start at least one game last season. Cincinnati's offense should be explosive this season with Gunner Kiel back(as long as he's healthy), the running backs as well as a good group of senior receivers. If Cincinnati has any problems this season it will be from the defense, Cincinnati loses a lot from the front 7, but the good news is they return a lot in the secondary. Overall Cincinnati most likely won't have near as bad luck with injuries which makes them a strong candidate to improve this year, despite going 9-4 already next year. With home games against Miami-Florida and UCF, and road games to Memphis, Houston, and BYU being the primary challenges, Cincinnati stands an excellent chance of going undefeated against this schedule, the big problem will be a somewhat early 3 game stretch against Memphis, Miami-Florida and BYU.

Predictions:

Sept. 5 Alabama A&M: Win, Cincinnati opens the season against Alabama A&M, who is a non-threatening FCS opponent that went 4-8, Cincinnati would need a complete and utter disaster of a performance to lose this one.
Sept. 12 Temple: Win, Temple is Cincinnati's next opponent, Temple went 6-6 last season and featured a very strong defense that returns all 11 starters, but a struggling offense. Cincinnati will have a tougher time scoring in this game than in most but despite potential struggles on defense, I see Cincinnati pulling off a victory in this one but it won't be easy.
Sept. 19 @Miami(OH): Win, Cincinnati and Miami play in a rivalry game that Cincinnati has had a major edge in lately, Miami(OH) was an improved team slightly last year but this season they lose their QB and won't be as much of a challenge.
Sept. 24 @Memphis: Loss, Memphis is coming off a breakout season where they won 10 games and won the AAC, but lost some good players on defense, though they return a lot of their offense. I think Memphis will outscore Cincinnati in this one but it won't be a blowout like last season.
Oct. 1 Miami(FL): Win, Miami-Florida is a team that hasn't yet broken out from mediocrity under Al Golden, they have a good sophomore quarterback but lose a lot of talent on both offense and defense, I think Cincinnati plays a great game and takes this one in a shootout.
Oct. 17 @BYU: Loss, BYU is a team that was very good to start out the year but faded after an unfortunate injury to star QB Taysom Hill, Cincinnati gets a long break before this one but they're going to have a lot of problems containing a healthy Taysom Hill and BYU is a tough place to play Cincinnati loses this one.
Oct. 24 Connecticut: Win, Connecticut is under a rebuilding project so unless Cincinnati is unfocused they should easily win this one.
Oct. 31 UCF: Win , Finally after 2 years of UCF being in the American these two meet, both teams have seemingly become staples at the top of the conference. UCF struggled to run the ball last season and while that should improve a little bit it may be something that takes pressure off of Cincinnati's front 7 to at least win this in a close one.
Nov. 7 @Houston: Win, Houston is the sleeper contender in the American, I have Cincinnati winning this one but Houston could exceed my expectations.
Nov. 14 Tulsa: Win, Tulsa was terrible last year, with a new coach they should be improved but not enough to win in something less than a major upset.
Nov.20 @South Florida: Win, South Florida has struggled so far under Willie Taggert, there's little indication that would change this year, Cincinnati could get caught sleeping and get upset in this one but I don't think so.
Nov. 27 @East Carolina: Win, East Carolina is losing a lot from last year, and unless they hit a late stride Cincinnati will win this one.

Record: 10-2(7-1)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
East Carolina Pirates
ecu-pirates-e1374594379744.jpg

Preview: East Carolina started out last season with major success, with a 6-1 start that included a big win over Virginia Tech and a 70-41 shellacking of in-state rival North Carolina, East Carolina had an acceptable 10 point loss to South Carolina as their only blemish, they seemed primed for big things, but late during this stretch some cracks in the foundation started to show with unimpressive wins over AAC bottom feeders South Florida and Connecticut, finally it all fell apart in an upset road loss to Temple, East Carolina also lost to Cincinnati, then lost to UCF on a hail mary on the final play of the game, they ended the season losing a tough one to Florida in their bowl game. Now they enter this season without a lot of key pieces, star QB Shane Carden is gone, star WR Justin Hardy is gone, their offensive coordinator Lincoln Riley is now at Oklahoma. That's just the losses on offense, the defense that already wasn't as good at times last year also lost over half it's starters. Good news on the offensive side is at least a lot of the offensive line returns meaning there's at least a decent foundation for whoever wins the QB battle to get comfortable. East Carolina's biggest weakness on defense last year was their secondary, and they lose starters there again this year. East Carolina is up against a very tough non-conference schedule with games against Florida, Virginia Tech and BYU. The toughest challenges of the conference schedule are road games against Navy and UCF, and home games against Temple and Cincinnati, the good news is that at least they get to play 4 of the projected worst 5 teams in the conference in SMU, Tulsa, UConn, and USF.

Predictions:

Sept. 5 Towson: Win, East Carolina opens the season against Towson, who were good two years ago and pummeled UConn in their season opener, but dropped to 4-8 last year and aren't much of a threat to East Carolina, it would be a major surprise if they lost.
Sept. 12 @Florida: Loss, a rematch of last season's bowl matchup, East Carolina goes on the road to face Florida, while Florida has offensive issues of their own it would be tough to seeing East Carolina having any success against a good Florida defense with a new QB in the Swamp, East Carolina likely loses this one.
Sept. 19 @Navy: Loss, this is Navy's first game as a member of the American, and a tough matchup for East Carolina, while Navy won't as often take advantage of East Carolina's secondary, East Carolina will struggle in general against Navy's good triple option offense with Keenan Reynolds at the helm, East Carolina suffers another loss.
Sept. 26 Virginia Tech: Loss, this is where East Carolina's season first took off last year, upsetting an at the time highly ranked Virginia Tech team on the road, but Virginia Tech enter this season a little stronger than East Carolina. However, East Carolina always happens to be a thorn in Virginia Tech's side every time these two meet, so the possibility of it happening is there, but I don't think it happens two years in a row.
Oct. 3 @SMU: Win, finally East Carolina gets a break, SMU was the worst team in college football last year, with Chad Morris as coach they will be better but East Carolina wins this one.
Oct. 10 @BYU: Loss, playing BYU on the road is a tough task, especially when they have a healthy Taysom Hill, baring and injury to him East Carolina will lose this one.
Oct. 17 Tulsa: Win, Tulsa is similar to SMU in that they were terrible last year and now have an exciting offensive mind as a new head coach, Tulsa has a little more talent than SMU does but likely not enough to win here.
Oct. 22 Temple: Win, Temple has a very strong defense but a struggling offense, and they're capable of winning or losing against any team in the American. In this case it's a short week for both and Temple will be coming off the more difficult matchup, giving East Carolina enough of an advantage to win.
Oct. 30 @Connecticut: Win, Connecticut is in for a pretty rough year, and while their defense may give East Carolina some fits East Carolina should win.
Nov. 7 South Florida: Win, South Florida likely won't have much of a chance in this one because while their defense may give East Carolina fits, South Florida doesn't have much on offense outside of their RB.
Nov. 19 @UCF: Loss, unless East Carolina formed a good stride during this 4 game winning streak this game won't come down to the hail mary finish it did last year, but both teams have solutions to find so you never know.
Nov. 28 Cincinnati: Loss, even if East Carolina's secondary is improved it will be tough for their offense to keep up with Cincinnati's strong offense.

Record: 6-6(5-3)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston Cougars

houston-cougars-logo.jpg

Preview: Houston spent last season being a solid but not great team, but likely that's not what got former coach Tony Levine fired, first now that Houston is in the American they want to elevate beyond being decent, they want to be a top American program, and while Houston had some good performances, close losses to UCF and BYU(with Taysom Hill) and a nice win at Memphis, Houston also put up some real duds, losing to Texas San-Antonio by 20 in the season opener and losing to Tulane later in the year. Well Houston wanted to elevate their program and well they did the best they could that's for sure picking up a great coach in Tom Herman to be their head coach, and after the amazing job he did last year with 3 QBs at Ohio State, you would have to think he'll do a good job with the QB here too, that QB being Greg Ward, who took over later in the year and played pretty solid, Herman has something to work with there. Houston has some good running backs as well, and should be able to find some receivers, the real key to their season is figuring out the offensive and defensive lines where Houston took some losses. Houston loses a lot of players from their front 7 on defense in general. The good news, is that the early schedule with exception of a road game against Louisville is pretty easy, and should allow Houston to get off to a good start, and then most of the tougher opponents are on the latter portion of their schedule, if the team can jell by then Houston will definitely exceed my expectation.

Predictions:

Sept. 5 Tennessee Tech: Win, Tennessee Tech is a pretty non-threatening FCS school, they went 5-7 last season, easy win.
Sept. 12 @Louisville: Loss, if Houston plays well this fast the upset potential is there, but I don't think the lines will be able to hold up in this one.
Sept. 26 Texas State: Win, Both teams will likely run quite a bit but Houston has the superior talent.
Oct. 3 @Tulsa: Win, while Houston is trying to re-work their defense, Tulsa is doing the same with their offense and Houston has a little more to work with.
Oct. 8 SMU: Win, SMU is a similar situation with Tulsa so Houston shouldn't have too many problems with them.
Oct. 16 @Tulane: Win, Houston dropped a dud to them last year but with a little longer week Herman won't let them lose this one.
Oct. 24 @UCF: Loss, This is the first matchup since the second game that Houston will be tested, if they made good progress they could end up winning here and begin a road to the AAC championship, but I think UCF will be the better team in this matchup.
Oct. 31 Vanderbilt:Win, I'm not sure how much progress Vanderbilt will make on finding a QB this year as their offense was a mess last year, I think they will provide a tough test but one that Houston passes.
Nov. 7 Cincinnati: Loss, this is the game where we'll really get an indication of where Houston's defense is facing the high flying Cincinnati offense. I think Houston will put up a good fight but end up losing this contest.
Nov. 14 Memphis: Loss, Memphis is another team in the AAC that will have a good offense this year, I think Houston will lose this one in a close one but this is a toss up.
Nov. 21 @UConn: Win, the only opponent during this late season stretch that isn't a tough one, Houston should win this one.
Nov. 27 Navy: Win, this is an interesting challenge to end the regular season going up against the Navy triple option offense, defensive coordinator Todd Orlando came from Utah State and did a fantastic job defending the option there, so I believe this gives Houston the edge in this one.

Record: 8-4(5-3)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Memphis Tigers

MemphisTigers.svg

Preview: What Memphis did last year was absolutely incredible and a fantastic job by Justin Fuente, when I was doing this preview last year Memphis was a lower program that had just moved up to the AAC solely because of their basketball program, now suddenly after going 10-3 and being in a 3 way tie for the American, Memphis is now all of a sudden a viable football program. They started out the year 3-3, where they lost a close game to UCLA, had a bad 4th quarter in an otherwise close loss to Ole Miss, and had too many turnovers in a loss to Houston, they did though have a 41-14 road destruction of fellow contender Cincinnati, Memphis would end the year reeling off 7 straight wins that ended with a wild bowl win over BYU. Now that life is injected into the Memphis program, they have to keep it now, Justin Fuente didn't leave for a bigger job, but their defensive coordinator along with a lot of starters from last year's defense are now gone. The offense was inconsistent last year thanks to a sometimes struggling run game, but while their leading rusher is gone, the rest of the running backs are back along with some talented freshmen who should compete for playing time, four of the top five receivers are back which should make Memphis' passing game dangerous, the offensive line was shuffled around a lot last year so a lot of guys have experience this year, offense will be the new focus of this team this year. The schedule isn't too tough, Cincinnati, Navy and Ole Miss are Memphis' toughest home games and Houston and Temple are tricky road games, but it would be a major disappointment if this team wasn't back in a bowl game, they could contend for the AAC championship again, which is incredible thinking of where this program used to be.

Predictions:

Sept. 5 Missouri State: Win, Missouri State is a non-threatening FCS opponent that went 4-8 last year, Memphis shouldn't have any trouble winning this one.
Sept. 12 @Kansas: Win, to sum up Kansas' situation they lose the majority of their best players from a bad team, Memphis wins this one.
Sept. 19 @Bowling Green: Loss, Bowling Green is the first test for Memphis' new defense, Bowling Green gets their QB back from injury and are in the second year of their fast paced offense, Memphis' offense will put up a lot of points but come up just short in a shootout.
Sept. 24 Cincinnati: Win, Cincinnati is yet another explosive offense that Memphis faces, this time they come out and get the victory.
Oct. 2 @South Florida: Win, South Florida might have some success running the ball, but they won't be able to keep up with Memphis in this one.
Oct. 17 Ole Miss: Loss, if you're looking for a major group of 5 over power 5 upset, this is a candidate, Memphis gets a long time to prepare and they tested Ole Miss last year, but Ole Miss has New Mexico State the week prior and they're similar to a bye week. Ole Miss simply has too much talent for Memphis to win outside of a major surprise.
Oct. 23 @Tulsa: Win, Tulsa has too much re-tooling to do in order to beat Memphis in this one.
Oct. 31 Tulane: Win, Memphis may be tested a little bit by Tulane's defense but should be able to come out with a win in this one.
Nov. 7 Navy: Loss, Keenan Reynolds and Navy's triple option offense will be a major test for Memphis, I think Navy has good success running their offense and Memphis loses this one.
Nov. 14 @Houston: Win, This is a tricky matchup that could go either way, I think Memphis plays a good game here and wins.
Nov. 21 @temple: Loss, Memphis goes up against the toughest defense in the American and unlike last year they aren't the kind of team that isn't ready for a defensive tussle, Memphis ends up losing this one.
Nov. 28 SMU: Win, by this time Chad Morris may have done enough work to make SMU a tough challenge, but I think Memphis outscores them in this one.

Record: 8-4(6-2)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Navy Midshipmen

United_State_Naval_Academy_Logo-sports.png

Preview: This catch you by surprise?? Yes Navy is actually in a conference now, I knew they were joining the American soon, didn't know it was this year until a few weeks ago. Well their first year in the American should be an interesting one as Navy is well positioned. Last season was a pretty good one for Navy, the start wasn't great they started out 2-4 but only the season opening loss to Ohio State was by double digits, Navy ended the season winning 6 of their last 7, the only loss being by 10 to Notre Dame, and they had an incredibly impressive 52-19 shellacking over Georgia Southern who's other two losses were close ones to NC State and Georgia Tech. The big thing that allows for Navy's triple option to roll is quarterback Keenan Reynolds, he really makes this offense go with good success running and he can pass pretty well out of the play action. Navy returns their slot backs and one of their effective fullbacks, but the one that is gone, Noah Copeland was incredibly effective, and was really explosive for a fullback. Navy loses some linemen too but they do seem to rebuild very well there. The defense will take on some losses, and Navy will need to overcome those to contend for the American title, but as long as the defense can be bend and don't break like last year it should be fine. Navy's schedule is doable, the annual game against Notre Dame will provide a challenge, so will Air Force, but there's a lot of easier opponents on the schedule too Navy gets South Florida, UConn and East Carolina from the East division.

Predictions:

Sept. 5 Colgate: Win, Let's be honest here a college with the same name as a toothpaste company is no threat, Navy wins.
Sept. 19 East Carolina: Win, by far the toughest East opponent Navy gets, and they get to play them early when they are rebuilding and just came off a tough game against Florida, Navy should win this one.
Sept. 26 @ Connecticut: Win, Bob Diaco UConn's head coach has had some experience going up against the triple option being the defensive coordinator for Notre Dame for several year's so there is an upset chance for UConn, but I don't think they have the talent to pull it off.
Oct 3 Air Force: Win, Air Force beat Navy last year while having a very successful year, this year Air Force loses their great triple option QB and loses some players on defense, so Navy is definitely in the best position to win this one.
Oct. 10 @ Notre Dame: Loss, Navy's program being as strong as it has been lately has now become an annual threat to upset Notre Dame each year, it's tough to see it happening this year though, Notre Dame has a lot of returning talent on defense.
Oct. 24 Tulane: Win, Tulane won't be good enough to compete with Navy in this one, at least offensively, Tulane's lack of offense isn't a good matchup against Navy's non-break defense.
Oct. 31 South Florida: Win, South Florida will be able to run the ball against Navy, until they get actually close to scoring, then Navy's defense will take over, South Florida might be able to kick some field goals but that won't beat Navy.
Nov. 7 @ Memphis: Win, Navy's option is a new test for Memphis and they take full advantage of that and grab a victory.
Nov. 14 SMU: Win, at this point in the year SMU may be able to score a little bit on Navy, but I'm not confident SMU could stop Navy enough to get the win.
Nov. 21 @ Tulsa: Loss, I don't know why but I decided to pull the trigger and go with a random upset here, Tulsa finds some success on offense late in the year and wins a stunner.
Nov. 27 @ Houston: Loss, As I said before Houston's defensive coordinator has had a lot of success and experience defending the triple option offense, so Houston manages enough stops to defeat Navy.
Dec. 12 Army: Win, Ah yes the annual Army/Navy game, this timing is rather odd with Navy being in a conference now, but it has become a tradition and we get an additional game before bowl season starts, Navy has a long winning streak going in this rivalry, an absolutely incredible one actually, I'm going to continue to ride this and say Navy wins.

Record: 9-3(6-2)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SMU Mustangs

Peruna_Flex.bmp

Preview: Last season was just a total disaster for SMU, they slipped down to being just downright awful. Things didn't look too out of shape in an expected 45-0 loss to Baylor, but it was the following week when they lost 43-6 to North Texas that everyone including June Jones knew this season was going to be bad, June Jones of course would resign after that game, not one coach could have salvaged the season for SMU they were terrible. SMU in fact avoided being one of the worst teams in history by beating Connecticut in the final game of the season. Now enters a new era, and one of excitement as SMU picked up one of the best grabs of the offseason by bringing in Chad Morris as the new head coach, he knows the state of Texas well and is a very innovative offensive mind. Obviously it's tough to see SMU making a run for a bowl game this year, but they should definitely improve. SMU's quarterbacks were terrible last year but Matt Davis, a former Texas A&M transfer who showed some running potential appears to be the starter, Deion Sanders Jr. is on this team and he has been a good kick returner, and perhaps this year could develop into a weapon on offense. SMU's entire two deep from last year's offensive line returns and they were actually a good unit for SMU relative to the others units last year, so this line could be solid. SMU's defense returns a lot of guys who played last year, but all of them were bad so there's rebuilding needed there. SMU's schedule includes non-conference games that are likely blowouts in Baylor and TCU, they get South Florida, Temple and East Carolina from the East division, not the easiest but far from the toughest too. SMU will definitely improve on wins this season, but 4 is the likely ceiling.

Predictions:

Sept. 4 Baylor: Loss, on the bright side SMU gets this game at home, the bad news is that Baylor is far and away more talented than SMU in every category, it may not be as bad as last year's 45-0 shellacking but Baylor will blow SMU out.
Sept. 12 North Texas: Win, other than when North Texas destroyed SMU 43-6 last year, they were terrible, I can easily see SMU making enough improvement to win this game over North Texas.
Sept. 19 @TCU: Loss, this was SMU's worst game last year, they lost 56-0 at home(though there were probably more TCU fans there, same city after all), SMU still has no shot at this one, but they won't get demolished as badl or give up 82 points to TCU like Texas Tech did last year.
Sept. 26 James Madison: Loss, James Madison actually was a pretty good FCS team last year, as they made the FCS playoffs, led by former Georgia Tech QB Vad Lee, he is still there and despite SMU having the edge in coaching, James Madison actually has the edge in talent and with SMU just starting out, they lose this game.
Oct. 3 East Carolina: Loss, it would be a steep uphill climb for SMU to manage to win this one, and they won't
Oct. 8 @Houston: Loss, Houston a fellow team with an exciting new offensive minded head coach, is much better positioned in terms of talent than SMU and that means SMU loses this one.
Oct. 24 @ South Florida: Win, this is where things finally get better for SMU, after such a tight opening schedule, Chad Morris gets 16 days to make adjustments on the team and prepare for this game, with both teams being so close in terms of talent, it's almost unfair that the better coach gets 16 days vs 7 for this game, SMU wins.
Oct. 31 Tulsa: Loss, yet another matchup against a new team with a fun offensive philosophy under a new head coach, and once again Tulsa is a little better off than SMU, but at the time of this matchup you never know which coach will find the most solutions, I have SMU losing this one in a close one.
Nov. 6 Temple: Win, Surprise!! This is a game I feel where SMU takes advantage of the situation and serves notice that they are a threat with Chad Morris as head coach, it's a short week for both teams, but Temple will be coming off a rough matchup against Notre Dame, and Chad Morris pulls off his big year one upset.
Nov. 14 @Navy: Loss, no surprises here, SMU's aggressive style of defense doesn't pair well against an offense that doesn't make many mistakes.
Nov. 21 Tulane: Loss, SMU looks alright in this one but the offense has a tough time against Tulane's solid defense and their defense is just bad enough for Tulane's offense to actually score.
Nov. 28 @ Memphis: Loss, SMU definitely won't improve enough to win this one.

Predicted Record: 3-9(2-6)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Temple Owls

owl.jpeg

Preview: Temple improved greatly last season, from 2-10 and one of the nations worst teams to 6-6. The reason why they improved, their defense. Their defense improved from not good to one of the better units in the nation. Temple had easily the best defense in the American conference, so in case you're wondering how they still went 6-6? Well that's because their offense was terrible. QB PJ Walker struggled with consistency, and he didn't have many options to throw to either. Temple's offense is a pass first offense too, so that was a big issue. This season the offense returns PJ Walker, as well as some running backs who have the potential to emerge as good options, and maybe turn Temple into less of a passing offense, they return 3 of the top 4 receivers from last year but the one that is gone was the only productive one, there's not much promise that the receivers will improve. Good news is the offensive line should be a little better. On defense Temple returns every single starter from last's years great defense, yes everybody as well as some backups. Last season Temple was the best bend but don't break defense, not giving up a lot of points when opponents were in scoring territory, and yet they return basically everyone important from that defense. This defense should be dominant in the American conference, even though last season was a dramatic improvement from the season before, usually that means a step down, but this defense is different with every starter back. The problem once again will be the offense, and the schedule isn't the easiest, Temple plays in the east division which is tougher than the west this year, and they play Penn State and Notre Dame out of conference.

Predictions:

Sept. 5 Penn State: Loss, when the two met last year it was a game of tough defenses and offensive ineptitude, Penn State won 30-13, and a lot of Penn State's points were assisted by Temple's terrible offense that turned the ball over 4 straight times in the late 3rd quarter and early 4th, the game was tied 6-6 prior. This season will likely be more of the same, except I think Penn State's offensive line will be at least a little improved, allowing Hackenburg to at least have a little success, Temple loses this one.
Sept. 12 @ Cincinnati: Loss, Temple's defense will test Cincinnati's explosive offense in this one, but I think Cincinnati has enough firepower to put up 20 points which will be enough for them to beat Temple.
Sept. 19 @ Massachusetts: Win, this is actually a decent challenge, UMass returns almost everyone from an explosive offense last year, but UMass also brings a terrible defense, the defense of UMass is so bad Temple could actually put up some points on offense, Temple's defense gets enough stops and the offense scores enough for them to win.
Oct. 2 Charlotte: Win, Charlotte is new to FBS this year and is only in their 3rd year of existence, they have yet to have a winning season in their history so Temple should roll in this one.
Oct. 10 Tulane: Win, Tulane is similar to Temple in that they have a terrible offense but good defense, Temple's defense is marginally better than Tulane's allowing them to win this one.
Oct. 17 UCF: Win, Temple picks up a good win here as their defense stifles UCF's offense, and their offense scores just enough to win a low scoring game.
Oct. 22 @ East Carolina: Loss, East Carolina is a tough place to play, and the schedule did Temple absolutely no favors here by giving them a short week after a tough game against UCF and another tough game against Notre Dame awaiting, Temple loses this one.
Oct. 31 Notre Dame: Loss, Notre Dame's offense will have some issues scoring but their defense is also really good and likely won't allow Temple to score much at all, Temple could put up a better fight than expected but I absolutely cannot see them winning this one.
Nov. 6 @SMU: Loss, the tough stretch continues, after 3 tough opponents in a row Temple has to go on the road to SMU and has 6 days to prepare for what at this point should be an improved Chad Morris offense and SMU stuns Temple with a big upset by American conference standards.
Nov. 14 @ South Florida: Win, finally Temple gets a break and plays South Florida who is struggling with their offense and replaces a lot on defense, Temple takes this one pretty easily.
Nov. 21 Memphis: Win, Temple's defense stifles Memphis' offense in this one and Temple is able to win a low scoring game.
Nov. 28 Connecticut: Win, with as bad as UConn's offense will be this year, and though it could be improved by this point, Temple's offense may be the only way UConn could score in this one, Temple wins another low scoring game.

Record: 7-5(5-3)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tulane Green Wave

1400078.jpeg

Preview: After Tulane had a breakthrough bowl appearance in 2013, they regressed last year. Tulane dropped off to a 3-9 record, but they starting a lot of young players last year. Yet even though Tulane went 3-9 last season, it was one of their better seasons in the past decade. Tulane's offense was bad last year, but the QB, RB and WRs were all freshmen, every single one of them. QB Tanner Lee and the receivers played like you would expect from freshmen, and while RB Sherman Badie didn't have the best of years there's some potential with him. The offensive line was almost all sophomores last season so that unit should improve. The defense was good last year, but regressed a little from 2013. Tulane's defense this year takes losses in the secondary but will return the majority of the front 7. The schedule is absolutely brutal to start out with, Tulane has games against Georgia Tech, Duke and some of the top teams in the American in their first 8 games, with one game against Maine as a break, if Tulane can survive the start they have an easy stretch to end the year, hitting 5 wins looks to be the benchmark, it will take an upset to get 6 wins and a bowl game, but this is still good for Tulane's program especially because they return the majority of these players again next year, so watch out for Tulane in 2016, for now...

Predictions:

Sept. 3 Duke: Loss, Tulane opens the season against Duke, who loses some of their best players on offense from last year, but Duke's program is running strong right now, and will likely be too much for Tulane.
Sept. 12 @ Georgia Tech: Loss, Georgia Tech is coming off a very strong year where they won a BCS bowl, so yes it would be a major upset if Tulane won this one.
Sept. 19 Maine: Win, Maine went 5-6 last season in FCS, so Tulane should be able to win this game.
Oct. 3 UCF: Loss, Tulane has a bye prior to this game, so there's a little bit of an opportunity here especially with UCF not having the most daunting of offenses this season, but Tulane likely doesn't have enough offense themselves to pull off the upset here and loses in a low scoring one.
Oct. 10 @ Temple: Loss, Tulane's defense might outscore their offense in this one, it's going to be really difficult for them to score on a very strong Temple defense, and Tulane loses this one.
Oct. 16 Houston: Loss, Houston likely will have too much firepower on offense for Tulane to keep up in this one.
Oct. 24 @ Navy: Loss, Keenan Reynolds and Navy's offense will be too much for Tulane to overcome in this game as Tulane loses again.
Oct. 31 @ Memphis: Loss, yes yet another tough team from the top of the American for Tulane to face, and it results in another loss for Tulane.
Nov. 7 Connecticut: Win, now this is where we'll finally see Tulane get some wins, UConn is much worse than 7 of the 8 teams Tulane opened up with, and I think Tulane will find these games relatively easy compared to the others and win this one.
Nov. 14 @ Army: Win, Army will once again be the worst of the service academies, and here Tulane is able to take advantage and grab another victory.
Nov. 21 @ SMU: Win, this is where it could get tricky again if SMU makes great progress throughout the year, but Tulane having gone up against the brutal opening schedule that they did is also better and beats SMU on the road.
Nov. 28 Tulsa: Win, I also feel like I'm repeating myself when Tulsa follows SMU on someone's schedule, it's true though, Tulsa is also under a first year head coach who used to be the offensive coordinator for an exciting offense, and they're coming off a terrible year, Tulane barely edges by Tulsa in this one and brings some momentum into what should be a strong 2016.

Record: 5-7(3-5)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tulsa Golden Hurricane

454dcb5a20fb6a5c59129770d4d6d4b9.image.200x280.png

Preview: First of all this is really an actual Tulsa logo LOL. Tulsa had usually been a solid mid major program that contends for their conference and occasionally threatens to upset a major school, but in 2013 their offense bottomed out and so did their record, last year the defense did the same and it resulted in Bill Blankenship being sent out the door in favor of Philip Montgomery Baylor's former offensive coordinator. Last season was pretty bad for Tulsa, the highlight was the season opening overtime win over Tulsa, they fell apart quickly, two weeks later they lost 50-21 to Florida Atlantic, and throughout most of the year really Tulsa was consistently bad. Now with Philip Montgomery coming in from Baylor, Tulsa will look to replicate the Baylor offense, which will at least make them more exciting. The offense actually returns quite a few starters from last year, but the problem is they need to find playmakers, Tulsa's offense was one of the worst at making big plays last year, despite having a pretty solid offensive line. I suspect the offense will take a step forward this year but the issue lies with the defense that was really bad last year, Tulsa returned a lot of starters last year and the defense just completely fell off a cliff. They bring back a decent amount of starters so perhaps Tulsa could see more improvement than I expect(there's a good potential that the downfall was due to bad coaching), but I see 2016 being the year to look forward to.

Predictions:

Sept. 5 Florida Atlantic: Win, well some of the progress will be felt right away, not only will Tulsa not lose 50-21 again, but I actually think with the improvements they will be better than Florida Atlantic and beat them.
Sept. 12 @ New Mexico: Loss, New Mexico was a team knocking on the door late in the year as a team that could be a lot better this year, and with almost everyone back New Mexico will actually be pretty good, Tulsa ends up losing this one.
Sept. 19 @ Oklahoma: Loss, this is one blowout Tulsa received last year that will likely repeat itself, Oklahoma won't have much trouble disposing of them here.
Oct. 3 Houston: Loss, battle of exciting offensive coordinators/now first year head coaches, Houston's got a lot of good players and while Tulsa could pull off a minor upset here, I think Houston will win this in a shootout.
Oct. 10 UL-Monroe: Win, UL-Monroe will be pretty decent this year, but were helped out by a transfer QB who is now graduated, I think Tulsa will end up winning this one.
Oct. 17 @ East Carolina: Loss, this is yet another shootout that Tulsa ends up on the wrong end on, East Carolina loses a lot of good players, but also has pretty good depth relative to the other American conference schools, East Carolina will still be good enough to beat Tulsa.
Oct. 23 Memphis: Loss, yes, yet another shootout that Tulsa ends up on the wrong end of, Memphis has a lot back on offense, and not much on defense, which could also Tulsa to potentially hang around for a bit, but I don't think they have enough to win this one.
Oct. 31 @ SMU: Win, finally an offensive shootout that Tulsa is on the right end of! They're definitely better positioned entering this year than SMU is, and should be able to pull this win off.
Nov. 7 UCF: Loss, unless UCF pulls a stinker like they did last year against UConn, I believe they will have too much talent for Tulsa to win this one.
Nov. 14 @ Cincinnati: Loss, Cincinnati has far too much offensive talent for Tulsa to keep up with them, especially with the defense Tulsa has.
Nov. 21 Navy: Win, I feel like Tulsa will be able to pull off one random upset later in the year to serve notice that they're going to contend next year, Tulsa manages to take this one in a shootout.
Nov. 28 @ Tulane: Loss, Tulsa's defense is bad enough to allow Tulane's bad offense to score, while Tulane's defense will give Tulsa's offense enough fits to hand them a loss.

Record: 4-8(2-6)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Central Florida Knights

1353953174-fathead-ucf-knights-logo-wall-decal.jpg

Preview: Last season was clearly not going to match the incredible 2013 season, as UCF had a top quarterback and running back to replace, it was a little surprising how far they regressed statistically. UCF was a little bit inconsistent too, they had some good performances like winning over BYU at home(although without BYU having Taysom Hill), and pummeling Temple while putting up 34 points on their good defense, UCF had some stinkers too, they struggled against Tulane, somehow put up only 16 points on USF, and had their stink bomb of the year in a horrific surprising loss to Connecticut. The fluxes in offensive performance can be partially attributed to QB Justin Holman, who was very impressive at times, but struggled at other times. The offense also had issues with a run game that regressed pretty badly, but with all the primary runners back from last year UCF should be able to improve a little bit at least there, the offensive line should be solid and improved from last year, but the issue for the offense is going to be the passing game, UCF loses an astounding 5 of their top 6 targets, they might find it tough to pass this year. UCF tends to field a solid defense consistently under O'Leary, but they did have trouble defending the pass last year, and on top of that UCF is on their 4th defensive coordinator since they won the fiesta bowl, the defense that struggles against the pass loses more players from the secondary, UCF should at least be solid in the front 7 despite some losses there. The schedule features some tough non-conference road tests, and UCF has to go on the road against Cincinnati and Temple, their biggest competitors in the East. UCF definitely faces a tough test this season, though I don't think they'll fall far enough to miss a bowl, they won't contend for the American this year either.

Predictions:

Sept. 3 Florida International: Win, FIU was surprisingly not completely horrible last year, and they could be decent this year but they won't beat UCF in this one.
Sept. 12 @ Stanford: Loss, this would be a pretty big upset if UCF can upset Stanford on the road, Stanford dropped off a little last year, but should be at least a little better this year, and should handle UCF in this one.
Sept. 19 Furman: Win, Furman is a FCS school that went 3-9 last year, so UCF will have no trouble winning this one.
Sept. 26 @ South Carolina: Loss, South Carolina is another tough opponent that wasn't as good as usual last year, but they should be at least a little improved this year, UCF would need a great performance from Holman to win this one.
Oct. 3 @ Tulane: Win, Tulane's defense is one that give UCF a lot of problems on offense, but Tulane's passing game is not good enough to expose UCF's secondary, UCF likely edges them out in a low scoring game.
Oct. 10 Connecticut: Win, UCF definitely won't lose to UConn two years in a row, especially with how bad UConn still is, UConn did have one of their more successful offensive outings in this one, but UCF should roll this time around.
Oct. 17 @ Temple: Loss, UCF will have extreme difficulty moving the ball on Temple's defense, while Temple themselves won't have it easy scoring, UCF's defense gives up just enough for Temple to win in a close one.
Oct. 24 Houston: Win, Houston has the kind of passing offense that will give UCF's defense fits, but I think UCF's offense will have a successful outing and win this one.
Oct. 31 @ Cincinnati: Loss, Cincinnati has the best passing offense in the American this year, and that is a terrible matchup for UCF's pass defense, it's tough to see Holman being consistent enough the entire game to keep up with Cincinnati.
Nov. 7 @ Tulsa: Win, UCF will have in pretty easy in this one to move the ball, while Tulsa may not have the players to score on UCF.
Nov. 19 East Carolina: Win, these two played a really thrilling game last year that saw UCF have a 26-9 lead turn into a 30-26 deficit only to win on a hail mary on the final play. Both teams have lost a lot since then, but UCF is at home in this one and is a little better positioned depth wise than East Carolina.
Nov. 27 South Florida: Win, it's crazy how in a few years the talent level between these two teams shifted, South Florida used to hold the advantage in this series but while they have put up a better fight than expected the past few years it's tough to see them actually upsetting UCF.

Record: 8-4(6-2)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Connecticut Huskies

Uconn_Huskies_logo2013.png

Preview: Bob Diaco's first year as the head coach of UConn wasn't a good one, and it's not surprising, the level of talent UConn has right now is lacking. Last season UConn was terrible, except for an odd two game period where they put up a good fight against East Carolina, and then stunningly upset UCF, that upset over UCF was UConn's only win over an FBS opponent, their other win was a 3 point victory over the Stony Brook Seawolves. The offense last season was a weakness, UConn's starting QB last year was decent compared to other bad starters in the American conference, but he still struggled and has graduated, Tim Boyle played a little bit late last season for UConn and he struggled, UConn brought in Bryant Shiffeffs from NC State and he appears to be the leading candidate for the starting job, he is mobile and perhaps could at least be a decent QB. UConn might have some decent options at running back with their top 4 from last year back, the receiving corps aren't much only decent returnee is Noel Thomas, who played pretty solidly at the end of last year. UConn has decent size on the offensive line, but it didn't perform great last year. UConn's defense should be pretty solid this year, with a lot of good players to defend the run, the pass defense was a weakness though last year and that looks to be the case again this year. UConn's schedule doesn't offer a lot of wins with non-conference road trips to BYU and Missouri, even their FCS opponent is tough as UConn plays Villanova a top FCS team from last year and is expected to be again this year, the American schedule isn't nice either, UConn is in the tougher East Division and they draw Navy, Houston and Tulane from the West. Bob Diaco is a good coach and will eventually bring this team to bowl games, but it won't be this year, the good news is they bring a lot back in 2016 and that's where improvement will show.

Predictions:

Sept. 3 Villanova: Loss, Villanova is one of the top teams from FCS and very likely has better talent than UConn has at the moment.
Sept. 12 Army: Win, here's UConn's easiest non-conference game, their defense will be able to frustrate Army and the offense will be able to score on Army's defense.
Sept. 19 @ Missouri: Loss, Missouri is just an all around better team than UConn and it would take a real massive upset for UConn to win.
Sept. 26 Navy: Loss, Navy's offense will be too much for UConn in this one.
Oct. 2 @ BYU: Loss, yet another tough matchup where UConn is badly overmatched, UConn loses again.
Oct. 10 @ UCF: Loss, a repeat of last year's upset over UCF just likely isn't happening, UConn just doesn't have the players.
Oct. 17 South Florida: Win, finally! an opponent that UConn isn't completely overmatched by, South Florida is a fellow team at the bottom of the American and UConn is able to beat them in this one as UConn's defense is good at stopping the run, the one thing South Florida can do on offense.
Oct. 24 @ Cincinnati: Loss , UConn's weakness on defense will be defending the pass, Cincinnati's strength overall is passing the ball, ouch.
Oct. 30 East Carolina: Loss, UConn may have put up a fight on them last year, but East Carolina would have to have regressed greatly to actually lose to UConn this year.
Nov. 7 @ Tulane: Loss, UConn has a decent chance in this one, but I like Tulane and their young team to beat UConn and their young team.
Nov. 21 Houston: Loss, Houston I believe will have strong success passing the ball this year, which doesn't play to UConn's strength, another loss for UConn.
Nov. 28 @ Temple: Loss, UConn is going to have a real rough go at trying to score points on this Temple defense, which results in another loss to end the year.

Record: 2-10(1-7)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
South Florida Bulls

64dedfd756c8e88079becc41c5ff592d.jpg

Preview: Things aren't looking promising for the Willie Taggert era at South Florida, instead of improving from their horrific team in Taggert's first year they seemingly got worse despite the better record that was incurred due to a really easy schedule. Last season South Florida picked up close wins over Western Carolina, Tulsa, UConn and SMU by a combined 17 points, Tulsa, UConn and SMU combined for 5 wins last year, Western Carolina went 7-5 in FCS play. This year the offense has to replace their QB, several recievers, it's tight end and some offensive linemen, from an offense that struggled, good news is one of the most promising players on the offense, RB Marlon Mack is back after a good freshman season where he ran for over 1,000 yards, only problem is he fumbled too much, but at least South Florida has some sort of talent on this offense. With so many receivers gone it's a good thing South Florida has several transfers and freshmen coming in, if some of them can emerge as good players South Florida could be a lot better than expected, the other thing the offense needs is continuity on the offensive line, which shuffled it's lineup a lot last year, which isn't good. The defense actually had a good front seven last year, and while they lost some good players from there, they actually have some good depth here of players to step up, problem is South Florida's pass defense was one of the worst in the nation despite a good pass rush so the secondary is a major issue, and may be something to worry about again this year. Finally the last issue is the schedule, South Florida has non-conference road games against Florida State and Maryland as well as a home game against Syracuse, they drew Memphis, Navy and SMU from the West division, only SMU is a positive one for South Florida, South Florida would have to improve dramatically from last year just to match last year's record, Taggert may be in his last year.

Predictions:

Sept. 5 Florida A&M: Win, Florida A&M is a non-threatening FCS school that South Florida won't have much trouble with.
Sept. 12 @ Florida State: Loss, do I really need to explain further? lets move on.
Sept. 19 @ Maryland: Loss, South Florida amazingly only lost by a touchdown to Maryland last year, but they needed a lot of turnovers for that to happen, at home. Maybe South Florida can put up a fight, but I can't see them winning.
Oct. 2 Memphis: Loss, tough to see South Florida finding a way to win this one despite the extra time.
Oct. 10 Syracuse: Loss, there's some potential for a win there, as Syracuse won't be too good this year, but they should be better than USF.
Oct. 17 @ UConn: Loss, one of the best opportunities for South Florida to win, but I believe that UConn's defense will give Marlon Mack too much trouble in this one.
Oct. 24 SMU: Loss, this is the best opportunity for a conference win for South Florida, but this is where the schedule got them again, Chad Morris has 16 days to find ways to expose South Florida's terrible pass defense, South Florida loses this one.
Oct. 31 @ Navy: Loss, Navy may not pass much but they have too much talent for South Florida to win.
Nov. 7 @ East Carolina: Loss, East Carolina's pass heavy offense is not a good matchup for South Florida.
Nov. 14 Temple: Loss, South Florida's inefficient QB play will make it tough to do anything on Temple's defense.
Nov. 20 Cincinnati: Loss, for how much South Florida has struggled lately, they have been giving Cincinnati a surprisingly tough time, I had to find some reason for hope in this one.
Nov. 27 @ UCF: Loss, basically the same thing I said about the Cincinnati game.

Record: 1-11(0-8)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
American Athletic Conference

AAC_logo.jpg

Overlook:

East Final Predicted Standings:

1. Cincinnati Bearcats 10-2(7-1)
2. Central Florida Knights 8-4(6-2)
3. East Carolina Pirates 6-6(5-3)
4. Temple Owls 7-5(5-3)
5. Connecticut Huskies 2-10(1-7)
6. South Florida Bulls 1-11(0-8)

West Final Predicted Standings:
1. Navy Midshipmen 9-3(6-2)
2. Memphis Tigers 8-4(6-2)
3. Houston Cougars 8-4(5-3)
4. Tulane Green Wave 5-7(3-5)
5. Tulsa Golden Hurricane 4-8(2-6)
6. Southern Methodist Mustangs 3-9(2-6)

Championship Prediction: Cincinnati over Navy, Cincinnati doesn't get it easy in this one having to face Navy and their triple option offense, but Cincinnati's offense led by Gunner Kiel will be able to outscore Navy in a shootout.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was on vacation and was preparing for vacation prior, time to get back going with the ACC

and that starts with the

Boston College Eagles

Boston_College.gif

Preview: The past two years of doing this preview, Boston College has by far exceeded my expectations each time, when I look at them they do not look promising yet somehow, someway Steve Addazio manages to get this team to a bowl game and is a major thorn in the side of a lot of the good teams they face. Last year looked pretty similar to this year, they had just lost Andre Williams who really helped the team run, but yet they found more ways to run the ball, and they had a better than expected year. They opened the season as expected with a win over UMass but they lost to Pitt, then they pulled off a major upset, taking down USC at home, and then got an expected win over Maine. Boston College took what was then a minor upset loss to Colorado State(I did pick that, go me!)
before beating NC State on the road, and nearly upsetting Clemson, Boston College would then win over Wake Forest, and beat Virginia Tech on the road, before getting crushed at home by Louisville, their only loss by more than 10 points all year, Boston College nearly upset Florida State, but Florida State slipped away as they did all last year, Boston College then beat Syracuse and lost their bowl game in overtime to Penn State. Boston College was having success with QB Tyler Murphy who transferred from Florida and was a good runner to help with the primary running offense, the bad news is Murphy is gone and so is the entire offensive line that helped it. Boston College also loses a lot of the linebacker core and members of the secondary, so there's a lot of turnover here. This year's schedule starts out with a ridiculously easy start with Maine and Howard in back to back weeks, but then picks up quickly with a home game against Florida State, Boston College also has North Illinois and Notre Dame(in Fenway) in their OOC, then has Duke and Virginia Tech from the Coastal division. They should once again contend to make a bowl, but it won't be as easy with needing 7 wins instead of 6 this year since they play 2 FCS schools.

Predictions:

Sept. 5 Maine- Maine is a FCS team that went 5-6 last year, so Boston College wins easy. W
Sept. 12 Howard- Another FCS opponent that went 5-6 last year, another easy win. W
Sept. 18 Florida State- Boston College basically gets a lot of extra time to prepare for this game after almost upsetting Florida State last year on the road, but the problem is Boston College's new QB whoever it is, will be in his first ever start against a FBS opponent, Florida State may have lost a lot, but they are a major step up in competition from Maine and Howard, BC loses this one. L
Sept. 26 Northern Illinois- Northern Illinois is a tough mid-major opponent, who lately has been upsetting at least one major program a year, I think Northern Illinois stuns Boston College in this one. L
Oct. 3 @ Duke- Similar to Boston College, Duke has a lot to replace, and both teams have good coaches, I have Duke winning in a toss-up. L
Oct. 10 Wake Forest- Wake Forest is a major rebuilding project in process, while that is happening they will provide wins for other ACC teams. W
Oct 17 @ Clemson- Boston College might give them a tough time maybe, but even if Watson is hurt for Clemson I can't see BC leaving Death Valley with a win. L
Oct. 24 @ Louisville - Boston College might be able to pull off an upset here Louisville will be coming off games against NC State, and Florida State, but I don't think Boston College will pull it off. L
Oct. 31 Virginia Tech- I think Virginia Tech will be improved this year, but Virginia Tech will still lose a game they shouldn't and Boston College is the perfect team to do so. W
Nov. 7 NC State- NC State will be greatly improved this year, but I think BC upsets them here. W
Nov. 21 Notre Dame(@ Fenway Park) - With a bye week prior and Boston College has often been a thorn in the side of Notre Dame, but I think they fall short. L
Nov. 28 @ Syracuse- Syracuse is in for another tough year, I think Boston College takes this one. W

Record: 6-6(4-4)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson Tigers

clemson-logo.jpg

Preview: Last season was an interesting season for Clemson, they started out the year getting blown out by Georgia, Cole Stoudt was their starter at the time, they then had an interesting and somewhat bizarre game against Florida State where Winston was suspended for the game, and Clemson started Deshaun Watson who came out as a new playmaker for Clemson, despite this and the fact that Clemson had the ball in easy field goal range getting ready to run down the clock and hit the game winning field goal, Clemson still couldn’t beat Florida State, they fumbled the ball and Florida State won it in overtime. Clemson would go on a two game burst on offense, beating North Carolina 50-35 and NC State 41-0, and then Watson started to have injury issues, Clemson got narrow victories over Louisville and Boston College, and one ugly one over Syracuse. Clemson would beat Wake Forest before finally taking another defeat in getting crushed by Georgia Tech, Clemson then beat Georgia State, before ending their year on the best note it has in a while, as they finally broke their duck against South Carolina winning 35-17, perhaps Clemson’s best performance came in their bowl game against an uninspired Oklahoma, still the 40-6 shellacking is very impressive and has Clemson looking ready to hop back in contention for a New Year’s 6 bowl, and perhaps even the playoff, there’s still some questions though. The excellent defense Clemson had a year ago loses a lot of production, including star Vic Beasley, they may struggle with depth there. The offense meanwhile is mainly reliant on the health of Deshaun Watson, but there’s a lot of good talent around him, Clemson brings back their top 3 rushers from last year, although they didn’t have much rushing success last year improvement could happen this year, and there’s some great receivers on this team led by Mike Williams and Artavis Scott. Clemson does have a concern on the offensive line with only 2 starters returning there, but they recruited heavily there so options could emerge but this is a concern. Clemson’s a tough team to predict because their hopes for this season hinge so heavily on the health of an injury prone QB, without Watson Clemson could be in for a major drop-off, but with him Clemson could be really good.

Predictions:

Sept. 5 Wofford- Wofford is a decent FCS team but it would be a ridiculous upset for them to win here. Easy win for Clemson. W

Sept. 12 Appalachian State- Appalachian State ended last season on a roll, and they return just about every starter from last year, but let’s not forget Appalachian State did give up 52 points to Michigan and 55 to Liberty, yes Liberty last year, Clemson would have to overlook them big time to lose this one. W

Sept. 17 @ Louisville- This is a short week for both teams, this is a tough road game for Clemson, and often one that I would usually pick Louisville in, but Louisville usually loses these kind of games, not falling for it this time! Clemson wins. W

Oct. 3 Notre Dame- This will be a fun game for all of us to watch, Notre Dame traveling to Clemson, both teams will be very good this year, but this will be Malik Zaire’s first game in a truly hostile environment, and I think Clemson will take this one in a close one. W

Oct. 10 Georgia Tech- Georgia Tech always gives Clemson a difficult time, and Clemson gets them at a terrible time having come off a big game against Notre Dame, while I don’t think a full on hangover effect takes place from last week’s victory, it only takes a small one, and I think Georgia Tech stuns Clemson in this one. L

Oct. 17 Boston College- Boston College is often a tricky opponent to play, but I think Clemson will be too much for them here. W

Oct. 24 @ Miami – I feel like these two never play each other, fun matchup when you look at the names, Brad Kaaya may be able to put up some points on Clemson, but Clemson will win this one. W

Oct. 31 @ NC State- This is a very tricky game for Clemson, as they play NC State the week before the play the opponent that they want to beat the most this year(or maybe they want to beat South Carolina more, conference opponent they want to beat most then) and NC State will have a pretty good team this year, and don’t forget the last opponent from the Atlantic division other than Florida State to beat Clemson was NC State in 2011(wow that’s an impressive run) , I have NC State in an upset. L

Nov. 7 Florida State- Now this is the game Clemson has circled on their calendar this year, Florida State has had their number the past few years, and it’s cost Clemson opportunities to win the ACC, Florida State takes on hefty losses on both sides of the ball including star quarterback Jameis Winston, but they will be aided with the transfer of Everett Golston, who was also a star last year before he was hit with the turnover bug, this one is shaping up to be a shootout and I think Clemson manages to take this one in a close contest to finally beat Florida State. W

Nov. 14 @ Syracuse- Clemson would have to have a major postgame hangover to lose this one; Syracuse is going to struggle this year. W

Nov. 21 Wake Forest- Clemson will win this one easy, let’s move on. W

Nov. 28 @ South Carolina- Clemson finally beat South Carolina at home last year, after losing 5 in a row to their arch nemesis. Now Clemson looks to take one on the road against their rival, South Carolina struggled with defense last year, and it looks like this year South Carolina might have issues on offense, they might have it figured out at this point, but right now I’m going to take Clemson in a tight one. W

Record: 10-2(6-2)