• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Season Prediction Thread

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was actually typing that up last night and then the site went down for maintenance, copy and pasted my post into word

and now I won't stop being in bold print

guess Clemson is special

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke Blue Devils

1-Duke%20Blue%20Devils%20Logo-800x800.jpg

Preview: It’s been an impressive few years for Duke, most likely the best 3 year stretch in program history, only thing that has been missing from this stretch is a bowl win, and they have come oh so close. Last year was at one point shaping up to be the best yet for Duke, late in the year Duke was 8-1 and ranked in the college football playoff rankings, heck people were even mentioning them as an outside shot at making the playoff at that point, but at the least it looked like Duke could make the ACC championship, lose and still make the Orange bowl thanks to an impressive 31-25 win over Georgia Tech, which was impressive at the time, and even more impressive looking back on it, this was a road win by the way! Unfortunately there were cracks in the pavement, Duke had really only played one other opponent with a pulse(at least at the time they played them) and that was Miami(fl) where Duke lost 22-10, Duke was also lucky to survive a game against Pitt where Pitt’s kicker, appropriately blew it by missing a short field goal at the end of regulation, Pitt’s kickers last name is ironically Blewitt. Well Duke kind of fell apart, they were upset at home against Virginia Tech and then had a complete collapse in a blowout home loss to North Carolina, Duke did finish off the year doing what everyone in the ACC except Virginia Tech did and beat Wake Forest, Duke would then barely lose a closer than expected Sun bowl to Arizona State. This year Duke has a lot to replace, QB Anthony Boone has graduated, so has some really good receivers and first round guard Laken Tomlinson, as well as some other linemen, Thomas Sirk is set to become the starter, he has a lot of game experience coming in as a runner, but not so much passing, with some good running backs returning Duke will likely run the ball more this year. The defense meanwhile has to replace starters in the front seven, but this secondary is going to be really good led by star safety Jeremy Cash. Duke will likely take a step back this year, and they will have to battle for a bowl, I think they’ll either make one or be really close.

Predictions:

Sept. 3 @ Tulane: Tulane’s offense will find it difficult to score on Duke, this could be a low scoring game that’s closer than expected but I don’t see Duke losing. W

Sept. 12 North Carolina Central: North Carolina Central is a decent FCS opponent, but they won’t provide too much of a challenge for Duke. W

Sept 19 Northwestern: battle of the nerds, I think Northwestern will be improved this year, and they will begin to show improvement by upsetting Duke in this game. L

Sept. 26 Georgia Tech: Last year’s upset on the road against Georgia Tech doesn’t really make much sense looking back on it, and I really can’t see it happening twice. L

Oct. 3 Boston College: Two programs with coaches who managed to overachieve with them face off, neither team looks great on paper, but Duke’s does look a tiny bit better, I think Duke takes this one. W

Oct. 10 @ Army: Oddly enough Duke seems to have very good success against service academies under Cutcliffe, and Army would be hard pressed to win this one anyways, Duke takes this one. W

Oct. 24 @ Virginia Tech: Virginia Tech will be improved on offense this year, Duke’s only hope in this one is to get some interceptions from the secondary as Duke’s offense won’t have an easy time moving the ball on Virginia Tech’s defense, I think Virginia Tech primarily runs the ball and wins this one. L

Oct. 31 Miami: It’s a weird thought that Duke against Miami is actually a toss-up but it is, I think Kaaya will manage to make just enough plays for Miami to win though. L

Oct. 7 @ North Carolina: Last year North Carolina absolutely shredded Duke in a blowout, Duke might have a matchup issue facing North Carolina’s offense, and I’m not fully sure this year’s Duke Team is equipped for a shootout. L

Oct. 14 Pitt: Duke manages to give Voytik fits in this one, and they contain James Conner just enough to take this one. W

Oct. 21 @ Virginia: I think at this point London won’t be the head coach of Virginia, Duke takes advantage of playing a team coached by an interim coach and wins this game. W

Oct. 28 @ Wake Forest: Maybe just maybe Wake Forest will be competitive enough at this point to make it a game, but I definitely don’t seem them upsetting Duke. W

Record 7-5(4-4)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson lost their left tackle to the supplemental draft, which is pretty big as he was a very good one and this is not an opportune time to lose him. May potentially cause me to change a pick or two.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida State Seminoles

fsu_seminoles_logo_detail.png

Preview: Florida State has been on a great run the past two years, but now they face a major challenge to continue this good run. The year before Florida State rolled past almost everyone on their way to the national championship, last year they were undefeated during the regular season but it wasn’t without its challenges. Florida State won in all sorts of different exciting ways last year, with big comebacks, holding on to a lead and even a fumble recovery when they seemed defeated. It all went really well for Florida State entering the college football playoff, but that’s where it all fell apart, all the breaks they seemingly got all year turned against them in a blowout 59-20 loss to Oregon in the playoff semifinals, now Florida State has a lot of retooling to do. Their star quarterback Jameis Winston was the number one pick of the NFL draft and is now the quarterback of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Florida State also lost their top receiver, tight end, and all their main starting offensive linemen. Good news is running back Dalvin Cook who was good playmaker for them last year, bad news is Cook is fumble prone, and after turnovers were an issue for Florida State last year, they bring in Everett Golston who also had problems with turnovers last year. Golston transferred in from Notre Dame, and will most likely become the starting quarterback, but turnovers for him and Florida State in general will be a worry spot. The defense loses a few defensive linemen and their two starting corners, it appears neither area is too big of a concern for Florida State. Florida State’s schedule is very favorable, with the only decently tough non-conference opponent being rival Florida. Florida State does have a tough cross-division matchup on the road against Georgia Tech. Florida State likely will not contend for a playoff this year, but should contend for a New Year’s 6 bowl if turnovers don’t do them in.

Predictions:

Sept.5 Texas State: Probably not a good thing that Texas State is likely the second toughest OOC opponent Florida State has, Texas State should be pretty decent this year, but I’m talking relative to Sun Belt competition, Florida State should roll in this one. W

Sept. 12 South Florida: Florida State has played South Florida twice all time, despite how close the programs are (though South Florida is still relatively new) and oddly enough the road team has won each game in the series, maybe there’s some upset potential, just maybe, but then we remember South Florida is still recovering from a 53-21 loss to McNeese State the year before, Florida State rolls. W

Sept. 18 @ Boston College: Both teams are replacing a lot of offense this year, and this will be the first decent test for both these team’s new pieces, Florida State might struggle but I think they will win this one. W

Oct. 3 Wake Forest: Goodness, Florida State gets a bye week prior to this game, Wake Forest is in a long rebuilding project, this will be ugly, let’s move on. W

Oct. 10 Miami (Fl): After all the wide lefts and rights Florida State suffered through in the past in this rivalry they must absolutely be enjoying it now, the past two years Florida State has gone up against a Miami team with a lot of hopes entering the game and crushed those hopes causing Miami to fall into a tailspin both years, I think Florida State will end up beating Miami again this year. W

Oct. 17 Louisville: Louisville could be tough this year depending on how quickly their transfers can jell, Florida State though will have some players start to jell too at this point, I think Florida State takes this one. W

Oct. 24 @ Georgia Tech: Now this is a tough one, Georgia Tech has some running backs to replace, but Georgia Tech does return their star QB and a strong offensive line, and I think they take down Florida State in this one. L

Oct. 31 Syracuse: Syracuse will struggle this year and this game won’t help them much. W

Nov. 7 @ Clemson: For the past few years this has been the big game in the Atlantic division and Florida State has been on the winning edge of those meetings, I think Clemson finally manages to turn the tables here and Florida State goes down. L

Nov. 14 NC State: NC State will be improved this year but with Florida State coming off a loss they will come out firing in this one and win. W

Nov. 21 Chattanooga: Really? Is there some realignment potential we don’t know about and Florida State is trying to seek membership in the SEC? On the bright side Chattanooga is actually a pretty good FCS opponent and may in fact be tougher than South Florida, but yeah. W

Nov. 28 @ Florida: Florida has been down the past several years, and boy has Florida State taken advantage, Florida still has a lot of retooling to do this year, more than Florida State, but Florida State gets Florida at a dangerous time as Florida could be very well improved by this time, I am predicting it won’t be quite enough and Florida State wins. W

Record: 10-2(6-2)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I miss last year when I got to use the Jameis Winston picture with him holding crab legs as Florida State's logo.

Not many fun logos I can do for this year, man this has been a boring offseason

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanted to read the next school entry. HHHHUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can the ACC stop having top players get suspended while I'm trying to make predictions for the league?

I'll ponder any changes to FSU or Clemson, but tomorrow Georgia Tech will be up

perhaps I will post multiple to catch back up

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets

GeorgiaTechLogo.jpg

Preview: Georgia Tech needed to have another good year under Paul Johnson, his seat was starting to heat up and what do you know, he finds a great option quarterback in Justin Thomas and has his best year as a head coach yet, narrowly losing in the ACC championship and winning a big 6 bowl for the first time in his career. This season Georgia Tech brings back Justin Thomas, but has to replace all their backs including two that were lost for the year due to injuries in spring camp. The top two receivers are gone too, but the offensive line will be experienced with 4 of 5 starters back. The defense appears to be very strong with both the secondary and defensive line being experienced areas with a lot of depth. The schedule is much tougher this year with Georgia Tech playing a road game against Notre Dame out of conference along with the usual season ending rivalry game against Georgia, and Georgia Tech now draws Florida State from the Atlantic in addition to their usual game against Clemson. The schedule is tougher but Georgia Tech should still be good, they still have Justin Thomas to run the offensive behind an experienced line, and the defense should be improved, with Florida State and Clemson taking some key losses lately Georgia Tech could be favorites to win the ACC.

Predictions:

Sept. 3 Alcorn State: Georgia Tech will win, let’s move on. W

Sept. 12 Tulane: Tulane will likely struggle to move the ball in their one, and while they have a decent defense I can’t see it holding up against the Georgia Tech option. W

Sept. 19 @ Notre Dame: This is a tough game, Notre Dame’s experienced defense has faced the option several times, that will be an advantage for them although Georgia Tech is pretty good even against experienced defenses, neither team comes off playing too difficult of an opponent, I think Notre Dame manages to just barely edge out Georgia Tech in this one. L

Sept. 26 @ Duke: Georgia Tech actually lost at home to Duke surprisingly last year, but with Duke losing more I see Georgia Tech winning this one. W

Oct. 3 North Carolina: Georgia Tech also lost to North Carolina last year, and this year North Carolina’s offense vs Georgia Tech’s defense will be a fun matchup but Georgia Tech’s offense will easily win the battle over North Carolina’s defense, and Georgia Tech wins this game. W

Oct. 10 @ Clemson: Georgia Tech has always given Clemson a tough time, and with Clemson coming off a big game against Notre Dame the week before, along with the fact that I think Georgia Tech is a better team anyways, I see Georgia Tech marching into Death Valley and coming out with a slightly surprising to some victory. W

Oct. 17 Pittsburgh: This game can’t possibly be worse than last year’s where Pitt infamously fumbled the ball away on their first 5 possessions, I still think that Georgia Tech will simply be too much for Pitt and win this one. W

Oct. 24 Florida State: Big matchup in the ACC here, Georgia Tech gave Florida State a tough time with their option offense in last’s year’s ACC championship game, and Florida State lost a lot of leaders from that defense, I think Georgia Tech will be able to score once again on Florida State’s defense, and Everett Golston commits one too many turnovers for Georgia Tech to win. W

Oct. 31 @ Virginia: This was a perfect hangover game opportunity here, Georgia Tech coming off a big win the week before against a decently talented Virginia team, one that has a coach squarely on the hot seat, I think this game is where Mike London makes his last stand and Georgia Tech is upset. L

Nov. 12 Virginia Tech: This is the game that could decide the coastal division with both teams having a long break prior to this Thursday night matchup, this will be the biggest test yet for Georgia Tech’s offense, but it will be their defense that takes advantage of a tough to trust Virginia Tech offense, and allows Georgia Tech to pick up the key win. W

Nov. 21 @ Miami: This is a tempting upset pick, Miami usually gives Georgia Tech a tough time, and they have this game at home(actually disregard this part Miami doesn’t bring fans to home games) , but Georgia Tech does have a few extra days rest, and manages to escape this one. W

Nov. 28 Georgia: Now for the big rivalry game, Georgia Tech I believe will once again manage to pull off a win in a close one, with Georgia having the more worrisome situation at quarterback. W

Record: 10-2(7-1)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Louisville Cardinals

WestKentuckyStar.aspx

Preview: Last season was a pretty successful year for Louisville in their first year in the ACC, despite the coaching change Louisville didn’t see much of a drop off as they went 9-4. It really could have gone either way too, Louisville had an excellent chance to win every game except the bowl game, they were upset by 2 against Virginia, lost by 6 to Clemson, and had a 21-0 lead on Florida State at one point. On the other hand they did grab narrow wins over Notre Dame and Kentucky. This year Louisville brings back all 3 QB’s that started games last year, Reggie Bonnafon is the favorite to become the starter as he had the most success last year, Brandon Radcliffe showed promise at RB last year and he will be the starter there this year, DeVante Parker was a special talent at receiver and he will be tough to replace, but Louisville still has James Quick and some promising young talents, the offensive line though will be a concern. Louisville might get the nickname “Second Chance U” for their coach and their defense, the defense was very stout last year but loses a lot of starters, some of those being taken by troubled transfers, Devonte Fields from TCU and Josh Harvey-Clemons from Georgia will be stepping in to fill some holes on the defense. For other areas Louisville will need to find in house solutions. Louisville doesn’t have a favorable schedule this year, at least not for their situation, Louisville has some pieces to figure out yet their four toughest games are in the first 6 games.

Predictions:

Sept. 5 Auburn (Atlanta, GA): This is a fun opener, Bobby Petrino is undefeated in season openers as a head coach, which is very impressive, I’m not sure if he quite has the season opening magic of Les Miles though, and he will need it here because Auburn is going to be really good this year, and I think is simply too tough of a matchup for Louisville to win. L

Sept. 12 Houston: This is a very tricky matchup for Louisville, Houston will be a good mid major team this year, and if Louisville overlooks them, an upset is extremely possible, but I think Louisville will show up fine and manage to win this one. W

Sept. 17 Clemson: Short week for both teams in this game, and I was really tempted to pick Louisville to upset Clemson in this one, but then I remember the other times I had a similar tempting feeling to pick Louisville….and they lost those, not falling for it this time! L

Sept. 26 Samford: A breather here, Samford is not a threat. W

Oct. 3 @ NC State: Going on the road to what will be a pretty solid NC State team this year is another tough matchup, I actually think NC State will come out and play well in this one and Louisville is taken down in an upset.

Oct. 17 @ Florida State: This game is nice as Louisville has a bye week prior to it, I think they start to play better at this point and while it won’t quite be enough for a road win over Florida State, they come close but still lose. L

Oct. 24 Boston College: Now here’s the portion of the year where the schedule is a lot easier, Boston College is still tricky but Louisville comes out focused after their rough start and wins this one. W

Oct. 30 @ Wake Forest: Here’s a Friday night game no one will watch, Wake Forest is in the middle of a major rebuilding project, Louisville wins. W

Nov. 7 Syracuse: Syracuse is another struggling team and Louisville will simply be too much for them in this one. W

Nov. 14 Virginia: Louisville will be too much for Virginia in this one as they will be clicking while Virginia may or may not have a head coach at this point. W

Nov. 21 @ Pittsburgh: This is a tricky game as Pitt will likely be playing better than they had earlier, but so will Louisville, and I think Louisville escapes in a close one. W

Nov. 28 @ Kentucky: These two played in a fun game last year, and there certainly is the potential for a Kentucky breakthrough this year, but I just think Louisville will be playing too good at this point. W

Predicted Record: 8-4(5-3)

JV35

El Chapo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least one SEC team will end up in the Top 10.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
North Carolina Tar Heels

unc-logo.gif

Preview: Last season was supposed to be a promising one for North Carolina, but it turned out to be a disappointment as they ended the season with a 6-7 record after a blowout bowl loss to Rutgers, not what they imagined when the year started. The good news is North Carolina returns talented QB Marquise Williams as well as their top 4 receivers, the running game wasn’t great last year but basically every RB and offensive lineman is back. The defense on the other hand was absolutely terrible last year, that part became clear when North Carolina suffered a blowout 70-41 loss to in-state rival East Carolina. Gene Chizik is the new defensive coordinator and basically the hope is that the defense can’t possibly be worse than last year right? With this North Carolina looks pretty promising, the offense may be good enough to carry them to be an outside choice as winners of the coastal division this year. Wait a minute, this sounds basically like what I said last year, the past two seasons in fact were ones where North Carolina looked so promising on paper, and yet they disappointed. I’m more skeptical this year, North Carolina at least will contend for a bowl, but Fedora could fall on the hot seat.

Predictions:

Sept. 3 South Carolina(Charlotte, NC): Both teams enter this game looking for solutions, South Carolina doesn’t have a set option at QB right now but I think their offense will have some enough success against a North Carolina defense that’s trying to piece itself together, and South Carolina wins. L

Sept. 12 North Carolina A&T: MEAC schools never are a threat to FBS opponents, easy win for North Carolina. W

Sept. 19 Illinois: Both teams have weapons on offense, but Illinois has had some offseason attrition and I don’t think they’ll look too good this year, North Carolina ends up winning this one. W

Sept. 26 Delaware: Yes yet another FCS opponent for North Carolina, Delaware is actually going through their worst years in a while in FCS so unless they are much improved they won’t threaten North Carolina. W

Oct. 3 @ Georgia tech: Georgia Tech’s offense should have a field day here, and with Georgia Tech being improved on defense as well North Carolina will be hard pressed to repeat the upset they pulled last year. L

Oct.17 Wake Forest: North Carolina shouldn’t have much trouble winning this one with Wake Forest rebuilding once again this year. W

Oct. 24 Virginia: Virginia is a potentially tricky opponent but North Carolina’s offense will be able to sustain enough success for them to beat Virginia. W

Oct. 29 @ Pittsburgh: Short week for both teams in this one, North Carolina’s offense will get some fits from Pat Narduzzi’s defense, and Pitt’s young offense makes enough plays to win. L

Nov. 7 Duke: Duke has a solid defense, but North Carolina will be able move the ball on Duke, and Duke won’t be able to keep up into a shootout. W

Nov. 14 Miami: This is a tough matchup as at this point in the year Miami’s players that they have around QB Brad Kaaya, Miami’s offense comes to play and comes out with the victory in the shootout in this one. L

Nov. 21 @ Virginia Tech: Virginia Tech will be improved on offense, and very good on defense, North Carolina’s offense struggles against Virginia Tech’s defense, and Virginia Tech’s offense puts up enough points on offense to win. L

Nov. 28 @ NC State: NC State will be very much improved this year, and North Carolina despite bowl eligibility on the line(due to playing two FCS opponents) ends up losing the game. L

6-6(3-5)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
North Carolina State Wolfpack

NCSU_Wolfpack_Icon_by_clandrigan757.jpg

Preview: NC State had a season of major improvement last year, after bottoming out at 3-9 in Dave Doeren’s first year, NC State improved to 8-5 last year. It wasn’t the smoothest of 8-5 records, the season did have some ups and downs, a 4-0 start was followed by a 0-4 run, NC State ended the year 4-1 after but the one loss was a 56-23 shellacking at home against Georgia Tech. NC State’s offense was greatly improved on the reinvented career of former Florida QB Jacoby Brissett, the running game and passing game were pretty good too, so was the offensive line. This year Brissett returns, last year’s leading rusher is gone but NC State still has a lot of good backs with some good freshmen joining in, the receivers aren’t the best and the offensive line has to replace their left tackle, potentially with a freshman. NC State’s defense came on late last year, and this year it returns all of what should be a good secondary, the defensive line loses 3 main pieces, but still has a good amount of experience. The schedule once again includes a non-conference schedule that should provide 4 wins, as well as getting the benefit of two big rivals for the coastal division, Louisville and Clemson at home, and NC State struggled on the road last year, they get Virginia Tech and North Carolina (of course) from the Coastal which isn’t the most favorable, but at least they didn’t draw Georgia Tech again. All in all there’s some sleeper potential for NC State, especially with Florida State, Clemson and Louisville all having some sort of retooling to do, NC State should at least continue their upward trajectory.

Predictions:

Sept. 5 Troy: Troy hasn’t been a threat to a major conference foe in a while, and they especially weren’t last year, Troy has a lot of rebuilding to do and isn’t a threat here. W

Sept. 12 Eastern Kentucky: Eastern Kentucky is a pretty good FCS team they made the FCS playoffs last year, and did beat Miami(Oh) last year, I wouldn’t rule out the possibility of them being NC State’s toughest non-conference foe, NC State will still win of course. W

Sept.19 @ Old Dominion: Old Dominion is a team that is capable of putting up points, they did put up a fight with NC State last year, but Old Dominion loses Taylor Heinicke who was a special QB for them, they definitely won’t keep up with NC State. W

Sept. 26 @ South Alabama: South Alabama made their first ever bowl last year, and they lose a lot from that team, they could still be decent in the Sun Belt due to picking up a lifeline from UAB, but decent in the Sun Belt won’t get them close to upsetting NC State. W

Oct. 3 Louisville: NC State’s first big game, and they are done some favors by getting Louisville early in the year, as Louisville will be much improved later on, NC State takes advantage and wins this one. W

Oct. 9 @ Virginia Tech: NC State struggled on the road last year, and this is their first truly hostile road game, and wow is it a real hostile one, Virginia Tech’s defense will frustrate them in this one and NC State takes their first loss. W

Oct. 24 @ Wake Forest: Wake Forest won’t stand too much of a chance in this one, not with NC State having a bye prior and simply being better than Wake Forest. W

Oct. 31 Clemson: Upset! NC State was the last team other than Florida State in the coastal division to beat Clemson and they do it again here, Clemson has the game at home against Florida State circled on their calendar and NC State only needs to catch them just looking ahead a little bit to pull off the upset. W

Nov. 7 @ Boston College: Upset, the other way this time, after such a great victory the week before, NC State catches a bit of a hangover from the upset the week before, and ends up losing to an always pesky Boston College team. L

Nov. 14 @ Florida State: This game is the one that will make winning the division tough for NC State unless they make dramatic improvements overall and on the road, or happen to run into some Everett Golston turnovers, I don’t think it will happen here and NC State loses. L

Nov. 21 Syracuse: Syracuse is struggling this year, and NC State will overall outplay them in this one. W

Nov. 28 North Carolina: NC State’s defense perhaps had its best performance last season when it held North Carolina’s high flying offense to only 7 points, they may not repeat that feat, but one feat they will repeat is adding another “W.” W

Record: 9-3(5-3)

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way in case anyone is wondering, halfway through typing up my NC State preview I realized I forgot Miami of Florida, they will be next

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way in case anyone is wondering, halfway through typing up my NC State preview I realized I forgot Miami of Florida, they will be next

Don't worry, I don't think either of their fans will notice.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami Hurricanes

41nQWlcNLUL.jpg

Preview: The past two seasons have been major disappointments for Al Golden at Miami, strong starts have faded to disappointing finishes, two years ago Miami was undefeated heading into a big game against Florida State, they were in that game for a half and ended up losing, and quickly spiraled off to a disappointing finish, last year Miami wasn’t quite a good at the start, they started out 2-2, before a 4-1 stretch that included beating a good Duke team by double digits, losing on the road to Georgia Tech(which is nothing to be ashamed of) and most impressively blowing out solid teams like Cincinnati, Virginia Tech(on the road) and North Carolina, and Miami was looking like a second half surging team as they were dominating Florida State with a 23-7 lead, the “U” was back, and then it all fell apart, Miami was outscored 23-3 to lose the game in the second half, then ended the year getting embarrassed by Virginia and Pitt, and then losing their bowl game. A trend here is that Miami’s season has seemingly fell apart after losses to rival Florida State, but what it could be is they could be soft under Al Golden, and now he finds himself on the hotseat, with a transition ahead. Miami’s surge on offense was helped by the play of Brad Kaaya who has the makings of a star at Miami; he was amazing as a true freshman. The problem is, this offense loses loads of talent, Duke Johnson was electrifying at running back, he is now in the NFL, Phillip Dorsett was a great receiver, he is in the NFL, Ereck Flowers was a great left tackle, the anchor of the offensive line, he is, you guessed it in the NFL. The RBs will split carries this year, but it will be tough to replace such a star as Duke Johnson was, receiver is a position where Miami will at least have some answers, there have been good reviews about Stacy Coley who could have a breakout year, the offensive line is an issue, with not much experience there, it could go through shuffling which isn’t a good thing. Miami’s defense was one that didn’t give up big plays, it did have trouble getting off the field at times, Miami didn’t give up many yards, but they also didn’t create negative plays for the opposition often either. Linebacker is a concern with Denzel Perryman off to the NFL, the defense overall has a lot of starters to replace, some guys could emerge but other areas may struggle. Al Golden is in a tough spot this year with so many starters gone and the disappointing underachievement of last season. Miami’s schedule isn’t the kindest either, having Nebraska and a good Cincinnati team out of conference, as well as drawing Florida State and Clemson, the toughest draw possible from the Atlantic division. Al Golden has a very strong recruiting class at the moment for 2016, will that be enough to give him another year if they go .500 again? Because unless Golden pulls off one of his best coaching jobs yet, that’s where Miami will likely hover.

Predictions:

Sept. 5 Bethune-Cookman: Bethune-Cookman is a pretty mediocre FCS team not much of a threat to Miami, if Miami somehow loses Golden may get fired on the spot. W

Sept. 11 @ Florida Atlantic: A road game against Florida Atlantic won’t put Miami in the most intimidating of environments though usually the big school will bring more fans, in this case Miami doesn’t even bring fans to their home games, so don’t expect many of them here either. Florida Atlantic has a nice playmaking QB but not much else, Miami wins. W

Sept. 19 Nebraska: Miami might be able to put points in this one, as Nebraska’s defense has some work, but Nebraska will have some success on offense as well, and with the way Nebraska fans travel, and Miami fans don’t go to the games unless they’re really good, Nebraska might have more fans at this one, Nebraska outscores Miami in this one. L

Oct. 1 @ Cincinnati: This one will definitely be a shootout, with Cincinnati having about everyone back on offense, they come out determined to win and manage to outscore Miami. L

Oct. 10 @ Florida State: Now this game has been Miami’s backbreaker the past two years, while I don’t think Miami will win this year either, with a long season left I don’t think it will completely destroy their year. L

Oct. 17 Virginia Tech: In fact I think Miami finally bounces back and manages to upset Virginia Tech the following week, taking advantage of offensive mistakes by Virginia Tech. W

Oct. 24 Clemson: Miami won’t be able to upset Clemson in this one, only way I think they would is if Watson is hurt, so I guess I’m calling for a healthy Watson. L

Oct. 31 @ Duke: This is yet another odd ACC series where it’s on a streak of the road team winning, so far I’ve ended the trend each time, I should probably keep one going, but it won’t be this one, I think Miami will win. W

Nov. 7 Virginia: This one will be a battle, this game will feature both coaches on an extremely hot seat, Golden manages to avoid making his any hotter, beating Virginia in a close one. W

Nov. 14 @ North Carolina: This game will turn out to be a shootout; I think North Carolina’s offense will be frustrated by Miami enough though for Miami to pull off the victory. W

Nov. 21 Georgia Tech: Miami had Georgia Tech’s number for a while, and I considered picking the upset, but I think Georgia Tech is simply too good to lose this one. L

Nov. 27 @ Pittsburgh: Pittsburgh will have a very strong running day with James Conner and beat Miami in this one. L

Record: 6-6(4-4)