• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Rosterbation

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I still think they will sign Vogey after Shields (likely) signs elsewhere. And Vogey may well begin the year in the pen. Or they may try a six-man rotation, or a hybrid where Bum is every 5th game and the others are every 6th game. They will need that insurance/flexibility well before the year is done, IMHO.

I'd prefer if we are giving any SP rest, that Bumgarner gets it.

Record-setting playoff and WS workload. Three playoff runs. Arm needs some rest

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is Bengie Molina.

alex-trebek-net-worth.jpg

Correct.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You beat me to it (pointing out the obvious). Also, Aoki's OPS+ was 98 last year, while Blanco's was 103 (both in the "down for Aoki and up for Blanco over the last 3 years" trend mentioned). And yeah, the park could help him, especially if he has the same attitude as Pagan did on arriving here (I still fondly remember the comments he made during his first press conference).

Where did the "if he wants to be here because of his heritage" thought come from? Has he made comments about that? Or is it just a "CA is closer to Japan" or "more Japanese people in CA" thought?

Outfield Notes: Aoki, Blackmon, Heyward – MLB Trade Rumors

"Outfield Notes: Aoki, Blackmon, Heyward
By Jeff Todd [January 18, 2015 at 10:14am CST]

New Giants outfielder Nori Aoki could have scored multiple years and a larger guarantee elsewhere, tweets Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com, but he preferred the opportunity to receive significant playing time for a contender and also liked the idea of living in San Francisco."

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

No longer speculation on my part.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outfield Notes: Aoki, Blackmon, Heyward – MLB Trade Rumors

"Outfield Notes: Aoki, Blackmon, Heyward
By Jeff Todd [January 18, 2015 at 10:14am CST]

New Giants outfielder Nori Aoki could have scored multiple years and a larger guarantee elsewhere, tweets Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com, but he preferred the opportunity to receive significant playing time for a contender and also liked the idea of living in San Francisco."

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

No longer speculation on my part.

Too bad he didn't want to play here...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just realized this has not been mentioned yet...

Petit resigned for 1/2.1 a few days back, and Blanco signed today for 2/7.5

That leaves Belt, Crawford, McGehee and Hactor still in the arb process.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad he didn't want to play here...

Yeah, I was honestly wondering when either the "Hey, SF is a cool place to play" dividend or the "baseball equivalent of the New England Patriots (veteran players signing short, cheap contracts here for a chance to win a championship)" syndrome would come into play to benefit us. Bam.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was honestly wondering when either the "Hey, SF is a cool place to play" dividend or the "baseball equivalent of the New England Patriots (veteran players signing short, cheap contracts here for a chance to win a championship)" syndrome would come into play to benefit us. Bam.

Aoki <> Revis

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. You would think that more players would want to play here.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yoan Moncada Works Out For Giants - BaseballAmerica.com

Count the Giants in when it comes to the teams pursuing Yoan Moncada. The Giants, Baseball America has learned, have already held a private workout for Moncada, a 19-year-old infielder drawing widespread interest around the league.

Several sources have said the Giants have been trying to get more involved in the Cuban market, with the push coming at the ownership level. If the Giants were able to sign Moncada, he would immediately become their top prospect—and one of the top prospects in all of baseball—although he isn’t eligible to sign just yet. Moncada must obtain a specific license from the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) before Major League Baseball will allow him to sign.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. You would think that more players would want to play here.

NL Notes: Giants, Dodgers, Mets – MLB Trade Rumors
The Giants are still looking for another starting pitcher, but probably not one in the Jordan Zimmermann / James Shields class. Instead, they could bring back Ryan Vogelsong, who remains on the free agent market, Hank Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle writes (Twitter links).

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I wonder if Aoki signing here is getting Shields to thinking. His signing here would make us a very serious contender. Would he take 3/60 to make his dreams come true?

:nod:

I still maintain we are still alive for Shields, or else we would've signed Vogey by now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yoan Moncada Works Out For Giants - BaseballAmerica.com

Count the Giants in when it comes to the teams pursuing Yoan Moncada. The Giants, Baseball America has learned, have already held a private workout for Moncada, a 19-year-old infielder drawing widespread interest around the league.

Several sources have said the Giants have been trying to get more involved in the Cuban market, with the push coming at the ownership level. If the Giants were able to sign Moncada, he would immediately become their top prospect—and one of the top prospects in all of baseball—although he isn’t eligible to sign just yet. Moncada must obtain a specific license from the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) before Major League Baseball will allow him to sign.

If we don't make the Big Splash for Shields, I'll take this for a consolation.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NL Notes: Giants, Dodgers, Mets – MLB Trade Rumors
The Giants are still looking for another starting pitcher, but probably not one in the Jordan Zimmermann / James Shields class. Instead, they could bring back Ryan Vogelsong, who remains on the free agent market, Hank Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle writes (Twitter links).

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I wonder if Aoki signing here is getting Shields to thinking. His signing here would make us a very serious contender. Would he take 3/60 to make his dreams come true?

:nod:

I still maintain we are still alive for Shields, or else we would've signed Vogey by now.

I hope so because there is a reason that Ryan Vogelsong is still a free agent.