• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 recruiting news

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivals has got Vahe and Weathersby as the 2 best guards in Texas. They write that the best tackles in Texas are Tuehema, Dyer(with no offer from Texas) and Elbert.

I do recognize that it has been pointed out that Mack recruited players who had already maxed out in HS.

What have you read about the 2015 class? Will it be 25+?

Rivals is terrible. Weathersby isn't a guard. Dyer was not even offered. That should tell you how Texas feels about Weathersby and Major. In fact both were 3 stars when Texas offered and Texas ignored 4 stars. May not work, but clearly the staff is making their own evaluations. 2015 will be a large class. I have heard 25 to 25+. A lot will depend on attrition. I assume it will be high, it usually is with coaching changes

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to follow up on the post above. Burton put out his top 100 in Texas..
#8: OG Teuhema
#9: OT Ronnie Majors
#11: OT Elbert
#12: OT Weathersby
#26: OC/OG Vahe
#31: OG/OT Lanfear

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to follow up on the post above. Burton put out his top 100 in Texas..
#8: OG Teuhema
#9: OT Ronnie Majors
#11: OT Elbert
#12: OT Weathersby
#26: OC/OG Vahe
#31: OG/OT Lanfear

Burt has put Texas at the top of his list. Gragg also put Texas on top and scheduled an official for the BYU game. BURT is a 4 star WR out of Florida. His grandmotger was a dean at Texas. Gragg is a 4 star TE out of Ark. His mother knows grew up in the town next to Strong. I believe his HS coach was a fraternity brother of Strong

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burt has put Texas at the top of his list. Gragg also put Texas on top and scheduled an official for the BYU game. BURT is a 4 star WR out of Florida. His grandmotger was a dean at Texas. Gragg is a 4 star TE out of Ark. His mother knows grew up in the town next to Strong. I believe his HS coach was a fraternity brother of Strong

A 4-star WR from Florida and a 4-star TE from Arkansas. New times are a coming in Austin. :clap:

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas get 2015 commit #10 on Monday, Tristian Houston, 5'11" 195#, RB from Galena Park North Shore. He's rated between 3 and 4 stars.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The spring game also garnered another commit. #10 is Keivon Ramsey 6'1" 170# DB from Converse Judson.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The spring game also garnered another commit. #10 is Keivon Ramsey 6'1" 170# DB from Converse Judson.
-
Watch this kids highlights. He brings the wood. It is very entertaining.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing Teuhema will hurt, that kid is a beast. Watched him several times already and is legit, but I can totally understand why both brothers chose LSU (Mack and Miles offered their guardian's son a scholarship as well, even though he has zero talent; Strong only offered the two brothers a scholarship and basically said take it or leave it). Remember in Coach Strong's interview when he was introduced to the media and someone asked him about recruiting 5 & 4 star athletes, he said he doesn't recruit the star, but recruits the player that will fit into his system. The reason he doesn't recruit the star is b/c he said when Teddy Bridgewater was a Sr in high school in Florida, he was a 5 star QB who originally gave a verbal to Miami. Once he changed his mind and committed to L'ville, every recruiting guru/website knocked him down to a 4 star.

I totally like this b/c Mack was the opposite. Mack recruited the star, not the player that fit his system, which was evidently clear with the offensive line the last 4 years. Stoops recruits like Strong as well and I would say it works out just fine, as his 3 and 4 star athletes have kicked the shit out of our team several times in embarrassing fashion.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has been pointed out by pundits on other sites that Mack recruited some 4* players that had maxed out in HS. Their schools had conditioning and good weight training programs which made those recruits appealing. However, they were unable to advance their physical skills once they got on campus. It's quite possible that the distractions of UT campus life, off-campus residency and 6th Street contributed to a lack of commitment to football.
It may take a while to see if Strong's policy of required campus residency helps creates a more cohesive team spirit and commitment to training. I hope it doesn't take too long.
I remember McWilliams' "Shock The Nation" team where the Seniors led the team in off-season training and we had an excellent season. That last game sucked, but it was an improvement, unfortunately it didn't continue.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has been pointed out by pundits on other sites that Mack recruited some 4* players that had maxed out in HS. Their schools had conditioning and good weight training programs which made those recruits appealing. However, they were unable to advance their physical skills once they got on campus. It's quite possible that the distractions of UT campus life, off-campus residency and 6th Street contributed to a lack of commitment to football.
It may take a while to see if Strong's policy of required campus residency helps creates a more cohesive team spirit and commitment to training. I hope it doesn't take too long.
I remember McWilliams' "Shock The Nation" team where the Seniors led the team in off-season training and we had an excellent season. That last game sucked, but it was an improvement, unfortunately it didn't continue.

Totally remember the Shock The Nation tour. Started out by beating Penn State in Happey Valley, then lost a heartbreaker the following week to eventual NC Colorado. That's when I knew that team was special. That game against UofH was awesome! Stanley "The Sheriff" Richard was a beast that night! But you're right, the ass raping The U gave us in the Cotton Bowl still hurts......

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Totally remember the Shock The Nation tour. Started out by beating Penn State in Happey Valley, then lost a heartbreaker the following week to eventual NC Colorado. That's when I knew that team was special. That game against UofH was awesome! Stanley "The Sheriff" Richard was a beast that night! But you're right, the ass raping The U gave us in the Cotton Bowl still hurts today......

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There could be some substance to that, Charlie. Some of these classes were top 5 classes from 2010 - 20012 and some of those players looked like they had no business playing D1 football. It's kind of like Bama players. Seems Saban maxes out his players in college b/c the majority of all of those 1st rounders have busted out bad. Not to mention, Bama players seem to be more injury proned in the NFL than any other program in the country.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There could be some substance to that, Charlie. Some of these classes were top 5 classes from 2010 - 20012 and some of those players looked like they had no business playing D1 football. It's kind of like Bama players. Seems Saban maxes out his players in college b/c the majority of all of those 1st rounders have busted out bad. Not to mention, Bama players seem to be more injury proned in the NFL than any other program in the country.

While there is probably no way to find out, I wouldn't be surprised if Bama uses a lot of cortisone steroid(perfectly legal) to keep the college players going. Short term it allows players with injuries to keep playing and even gives a bit of pep. The long-term effects of cortisone steroid mean that players don't fully heal and are prone to immune disorders and infections. I used to get shots for poison ivy reactions, but won't anymore.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... or at least a Division Title!
Yep, they did beat Bama and OU, but they also beat 3 FCS teams. Sadly enough Texas couldn't beat a single FCS team in the last 2 seasons. Wait, that was because we didn't play one :nod:

Last edited by a moderator: