• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Playoff Thread

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I worked for MLB, I wouldn't have screwed up the eligibility question for the rule 5 draft, eh?

It's just a personal foible of mine. I have basically been researching MLB baseball for 6 or 8 years now, as a personal interest. Whenever a question comes up (either in my mind, or because some announcer says something) I try and figure it out by doing research on the web. I've found copies on the web of each of the last 4 CBAs, and also have several copies of the official MLB rules dating back to the 2008 season. Cot's has one of the best overviews of all the multitude of types of transactions (on the home page, "transactions glossary"), including the mysterious "when a player qualifies for a 4th option year". I've never seen a real definition of eligibility for the rule 5 draft, except that it is 4 or 5 "years" (without the definition of "year" provided). Based on last year's rule 5 draft, the year a person is signed counts as the first "year". (But I wonder what happens if the player was signed after the official season, say Nov 15? Does that year count as well?)

Anyhow.
Hey, maybe the Rule 5 draft isn't your area of expertise over in the MLB office? Have you seriously thought about applying for a job there?

I don't know how you find time to do that kind of research but its great to have you bring the answers most of us don't know. Thanks for sharing your wealth of knowledge.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both AL series going to elimination games. Both NL series are led by the teams I want to see in the NLCS. Fun postseason so far!

Yes, and without all the stress!

Strange how when our team is in the postseason, we are all stressed out and cannot seem to enjoy it until they bring home the hardware. But if teams we hardly care about are playing well, we enjoy the heck out of those games. Or maybe it is just me.......

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What part of "we are ALL tzill's alts" doesn't make sense to you? :D
Tz and I have separate bank accounts. Our.....my psychologist even confirmed as much.
Not sure which is more strange - one poster responding to him/her self on a forum or requiring dues of all its members.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure which is more strange - one poster responding to him/her self on a forum or requiring dues of all its members.
I've thought that before too.....then I cash the checks.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, my #1 favorite team is the Giants. My second favorite team changes often : it's whoever is playing the Dodgers today...

Our Mets are definitely the surrogates for the Giants. They even wear orange like us.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The number one rule is to pay yourself first.