• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 NFL draft

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes we are good contract cap:) We might resign Boone we have money but does he want to be here after 2 years of not going to team workouts??

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sure, if Kaep is one of the six or seven best QBs in the league, we'll be in great shape. I'm not holding my breath on that one at this point.
Kaep is like the Michael Vick of the NFL now!! He needs to get the progressions without getting smashed in the pocket!

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am looking for the positive, I think our points per game will increase the face of the franchise will appear and we need to step up in several areas, lots of questions:) It will be interesting how the new starters mesh! Seattle is not going back to the Big game.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
... I think the NFC West is like the AFC North, 3 teams can make the playoffs and get to the Superbowl. That is what we are going against.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
San Francisco 49ers NFL Football Front Page

not a new article and sorry for 're-hashing'. Did want to say i'm all for BPA over Need, so not concerned Baalke didn't draft our immediate Needs. If you draft the best talent you can, fine with me because things change fast in the NFL. So now the question is.....WERE these guys our BPA's?

This is where i'm not so convinced, and it starts with college production. For a 17th overall pick, you'd expect more college production out of Armstead? But you read he's only played football a short time, so there is a LOT of projecting here. Dangerous to project so much with a 17th overall.

Tartt has production but coming from a small school, you'd want to see a LOT of it? Was he projected to go as high as the 2nd round?

Eli Harold looks good in the 3rd round. I'm fine drafting a pass rusher despite us having good ones already.

Blake Bell is similar to Armstead, only been a TE very recently and hence, little production. I hope they project him a SOLID TE, and not thinking he can fill other roles? cause IMO a 4th rounder is too early to start thinking multiple role player.

Mike Davis looks good in the 4th round.

Don't think these picks are FAR off from BPA, but can't help think not quite maximum talent?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

not a new article and sorry for 're-hashing'. Did want to say i'm all for BPA over Need, so not concerned Baalke didn't draft our immediate Needs. If you draft the best talent you can, fine with me because things change fast in the NFL. So now the question is.....WERE these guys our BPA's?

This is where i'm not so convinced, and it starts with college production. For a 17th overall pick, you'd expect more college production out of Armstead? But you read he's only played football a short time, so there is a LOT of projecting here. Dangerous to project so much with a 17th overall.

Tartt has production but coming from a small school, you'd want to see a LOT of it? Was he projected to go as high as the 2nd round?

Eli Harold looks good in the 3rd round. I'm fine drafting a pass rusher despite us having good ones already.

Blake Bell is similar to Armstead, only been a TE very recently and hence, little production. I hope they project him a SOLID TE, and not thinking he can fill other roles? cause IMO a 4th rounder is too early to start thinking multiple role player.

Don't think these picks are FAR off from BPA, but can't help think not quite maximum talent?

BPA is really the opinion of Baalke and his staff. People will have different opinions of who the best players are in order. Baalke didn't draft based on college production. Some of the players, like Armstead, were drafted based on their potential. They have a huge upside based on physical attributes but can also be huge busts. Baalke tried to hit a bunch of home runs in this draft. I am not a big fan of his strategy this year. We will have to see how it works out. I also don't believe you always pick the BPA player. teams will always have multiple needs. I think you have to weigh both.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Patterson addressed some of the things I would add. First and foremost, BPA is all in the eye of the beholder. There isn't a list of players in one order that all the teams have. I think there's little doubt that Baalke did go BPA in this draft. The question is whether his eye for "best" will pan out.

Armstead has played football for a long time, he just played basketball for most of the time, too. He wasn't focused solely on football. That may mean he has a lot of upside, but it also means he's not as polished.

In terms of Armstead and Tartt, though, I think "production" is being thrown around too much. That works to an extent for a WR, QB, TE, RB. It's not nearly as fair for a defensive player. Defensive players may have a role to fill that limits stats (Armstead taking on blockers instead of playing to the ball), or they may clearly be the best player on the field such that the offense avoids them (Tartt).

I didn't love either pick, and Tartt in particular likely would have been available a round or two later. The same was true of Russell Wilson a few years back, and the Hawks certainly don't regret that move. If Baalke was right about these guys, in two years it won't matter if he theoretically could have taken the player a few picks or half a round later. We'll never know that for certain, anyway.

Bell is a big question mark at this point, but he's a really interesting guy. Great size, very good athleticism, knowledge of the game, and surprisingly soft hands for a guy who hasn't been a pass-catcher for long. We'll see.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall I think we might be ok. This team still has a lot of talent and a lot of youth now. I think 49ers are not done making moves. i think they are waiting for some cuts.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Overall I think we might be ok. This team still has a lot of talent and a lot of youth now. I think 49ers are not done making moves. i think they are waiting for some cuts.

I kind of doubt that, but we'll see.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Was looking at Niners' recent picks on this site, which compares guys based on measurables. Very interesting comparisons for Chris Borland:

Chris Borland - MockDraftable.com

First two comparisons are guys who are on the Niners' current roster. Of course, Borland's measurables were the reason he fell in the draft, but Skov was known for his instincts. I'm interested to see what he can do this year.