• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 NFL best and worst players in terms of money earned

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randall Cobb has proven every week that he is not worth the 40MM he just got without Jordy Nelson running interference for him

Is Rodgers in that ballpark too? Your own fans have suggested this, so this isn't me bringing up anything new. But up until this point, he's always been the QB who has made his receivers. This year, the Pack's offense didn't look the same without Jordy.

This isn't a rip on Rodgers, rather a compliment to Nelson for how great he actually is.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
brock osweiler QB, not sure if hes over or under paid right now but going into fA I think the broncos are going to have to over pay him to retain him for next year, as I can't see P Manning back next season. Thus I feel his contracts going to be a lot bigger than someone who only has what five- six starts under his belt should normally get.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Rodgers in that ballpark too? Your own fans have suggested this, so this isn't me bringing up anything new. But up until this point, he's always been the QB who has made his receivers. This year, the Pack's offense didn't look the same without Jordy.

This isn't a rip on Rodgers, rather a compliment to Nelson for how great he actually is.

I'd say Rodgers still had a solid year. 31 TDs 8 INTs. 3800 yards. Pretty much any team would take that kind of production. I've called out plenty of bad moments this season for him, but overall, he still came through when they needed him to. And now they are a dangerous playoff team again.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
brock osweiler QB, not sure if hes over or under paid right now but going into fA I think the broncos are going to have to over pay him to retain him for next year, as I can't see P Manning back next season. Thus I feel his contracts going to be a lot bigger than someone who only has what five- six starts under his belt should normally get.

10 TDs, 6 INTs, 86.4 rating. He was average. I don't expect anybody to overpay. He'll get a Matt Flynn like contract. Flynn got 3 years, 26 million, 10 million guaranteed.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 TDs, 6 INTs, 86.4 rating. He was average. I don't expect anybody to overpay. He'll get a Matt Flynn like contract. Flynn got 3 years, 26 million, 10 million guaranteed.

QB play is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad in the NFL. The Tannehill and Kaepernick deals (and such) have spiked QB contracts. And no competent agent is going to accept a deal like Kaepernick's was structured, but demand similar money. QB (over)payment has simply exploded over the past few seasons...

The QB crop in the draft (and FA) this year stinks, and there are many QB-needy teams. Next year more or less the same. The implosion of Hoyer against the Chiefs, as well as (relatively) Fitzpatrick in the final week of the season only made it worse - and saw the $$$$ for Cousins (and Bradford) rise.

Cousins and Bradford - based on performance - are by far the best FA QB's available. Whatever is available in the draft, nothing of a talent-level that can even touch the shadow of a Winston or Mariota. Basically second/third round talent (objectively) at best, that will go first round due to the need for QB's in the league, and the relative lack of QB talent available in the draft. Hell, I have come across pundits saying Hackenburg (or whatever the Penn State QB is) might be the 3rd of 4th best QB available in the draft, and people might even go for him in the late first, early second round...

The Rams are - for instance - f-ed. This and next year they will never be in a position to get a safe pick for a decent (and above) QB in the draft. The only hope they have is getting a Cousins or such, draft a QB in the later round, and pray he develops (and basically draft one for a few years)...

Eagles are pretty much in the same boat (with Bradford).

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best value player is always a player on their rookie contract.

There are a few exceptions. Most of the time, you are correct. But someone like Tyrod Taylor whom no one seemed to want in the preseason played for $1.1M and was a capable starter for the Bills.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB play is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad in the NFL. The Tannehill and Kaepernick deals (and such) have spiked QB contracts. And no competent agent is going to accept a deal like Kaepernick's was structured, but demand similar money. QB (over)payment has simply exploded over the past few seasons...

The QB crop in the draft (and FA) this year stinks, and there are many QB-needy teams. Next year more or less the same. The implosion of Hoyer against the Chiefs, as well as (relatively) Fitzpatrick in the final week of the season only made it worse - and saw the $$$$ for Cousins (and Bradford) rise.

Cousins and Bradford - based on performance - are by far the best FA QB's available. Whatever is available in the draft, nothing of a talent-level that can even touch the shadow of a Winston or Mariota. Basically second/third round talent (objectively) at best, that will go first round due to the need for QB's in the league, and the relative lack of QB talent available in the draft. Hell, I have come across pundits saying Hackenburg (or whatever the Penn State QB is) might be the 3rd of 4th best QB available in the draft, and people might even go for him in the late first, early second round...

The Rams are - for instance - f-ed. This and next year they will never be in a position to get a safe pick for a decent (and above) QB in the draft. The only hope they have is getting a Cousins or such, draft a QB in the later round, and pray he develops (and basically draft one for a few years)...

Eagles are pretty much in the same boat (with Bradford).
I'd leave the draft out of it. People think its a bad year to draft a QB almost every year. There will be 1 good QB out of next year's draft. The thing about most of the prospects is that they aren't ready to play yet so you'll have a team throwing a year away if they draft a QB and expect him to start. Goff is the only one ready.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd leave the draft out of it. People think its a bad year to draft a QB almost every year. There will be 1 good QB out of next year's draft. The thing about most of the prospects is that they aren't ready to play yet so you'll have a team throwing a year away if they draft a QB and expect him to start. Goff is the only one ready.

I think the biggest problem is that - at least as far as preparation for the NFL - the modern college game is absolutely disastrous for QB's and O-lineman. Hardly any half-decent O-lineman immediate starter to be found in the draft, no QB that has learned to read the game on a level in the same stratosphere as required by the NFL...

The lack of a developmental league is catching up with the NFL now.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me touch on one that you mentioned.

Cousins...if you are HOU, CLE, SF, sTL (noted as the most QB needy teams) are you willing to offer him $80/$40/6yr? I think not.

I love the work he did this year until the playoff game, but 9-7 is still pretty mediocre and I can see them being no better than that next season. Point - WAS is probably competing mostly against WAS here. He's definitely a winner because he's going to get paid, but we'll have to see where the number comes in at.

My winner pick...Kurt Coleman, CAR...'16 is the final yr of his deal...don't be surprised if they extend him next yr for big money.

The other one...a little more obscure... Alejandro Villanueva, PIT...this UDFA is a former U S Army vet...due to injury found himself starting at LT and has been a fairly quick study...I can see them giving him a long term deal for a bargain basement rate but whatever it is, it'll be a helluva lot more than $500k is getting this season.

I know Coleman had a lot of picks this year but I didn't watch him. He played for Philly for several years and was complete GARBAGE. Was he able to freelance more playing on a very good D? But I watched him lose soooo many games for Philly. He wasn't just bad... he was "get excited he signed somewhere else bad".

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry to say based on the playoff performance but brian hoyer

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry to say based on the playoff performance but brian hoyer

Those so to speak ex-Pats have sucked pretty badly.

I don't even want to say Cassel, Hoyer won't be able to sleep for a year he shit the bed so badly.

Mallet? Premature speculation on his post Texas career with Baltimore would be I suppose premature.....

Garoppalo had better hope he's better than his predecessors. Especially if he gets traded.

No offense meant to your regular season into the playoffs pick of Hoyer.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How has no one mentioned Demarco Murray for the most overpaid?

Was it just too obvious?

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB--Krapnick--15 mil on the bench
RB--Foster--8 mil to be hurt all the time
WR--wallace--11 mil for 500 yds and 2 tds

BTW Hoyer cost 5 mil a bargain in the NFL nowadays:suds:

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
best

QB--Palmer--7.3 mil
RB D johnson/West/freeman/ware all make less than a mil
WR--Brown--7 mil

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Coleman had a lot of picks this year but I didn't watch him. He played for Philly for several years and was complete GARBAGE. Was he able to freelance more playing on a very good D? But I watched him lose soooo many games for Philly. He wasn't just bad... he was "get excited he signed somewhere else bad".

I saw both games against ATL, SEA, maybe 2 more and honestly I can't say that he stood out to me, but playing behind a great front 7 and having a stud CB in Josh Norman had to contribute to his success this year....possibly a fluke year.