• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Minnesota Twins

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are a goddamn circus act.

What a disgrace

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW! I think this might be their worst 2 week stretch of the season!

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they want to "right" this thing, I think it's time for the proverbial "players only" meeting after this, and get ready for Seattle.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they want to right this thing they need a new competent GM that isn't the worst in professional sports. That makes changes.

We need 4 bullpen arms and he hasn't got 1.

We need a lefty power bat and he won't call it up.

We need Pelfrey far away from the rotation he won't do it

We need a SS and a catcher he won't go get any.

It's insulting to the fans and players. The players have been vocal too.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we need to go back to not expecting much from them. It seemed to work for the first half of the season right?

This whole having expectations thing is killing us and them alike!

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
900x900px-LL-4997ca04_assets-images-gawker-2008-07-lowered-expectations.jpeg

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we need to go back to not expecting much from them. It seemed to work for the first half of the season right?

This whole having expectations thing is killing us and them alike!
My take? They weren't expecting to compete this year. No one on the national level had them with more than 75 wins. They probably performed above expectations during that stretch, coupled with catching teams at the "right time."

The past month, they've simply caught teams at the wrong time, and really caught a bunch of teams that are contending.

We still have 13 games against the Indians. The schedule will get easier.

I know, stats aren't going to tell you the whole story, but they just simply aren't that good. Molitor is in his first year. Torii ' s shine has worn off a little.

I'm not ready to write them off, but making moves to make moves wouldn't make sense. I still don't buy into Arcia being the savior, or find anyone else deserving of a call up yet.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take? They weren't expecting to compete this year. No one on the national level had them with more than 75 wins. They probably performed above expectations during that stretch, coupled with catching teams at the "right time."

The past month, they've simply caught teams at the wrong time, and really caught a bunch of teams that are contending.

We still have 13 games against the Indians. The schedule will get easier.

I know, stats aren't going to tell you the whole story, but they just simply aren't that good. Molitor is in his first year. Torii ' s shine has worn off a little.

I'm not ready to write them off, but making moves to make moves wouldn't make sense. I still don't buy into Arcia being the savior, or find anyone else deserving of a call up yet.

So your ok with having 4 fucking short stops on the roster when non of them can hit at this level? And playing another game with Escobar as our DH?

There isn't any defense for it. Don't right moronic roster management by our GM. There is a reason shit right handers shut us down nightly.

RollingHills

Hoopla Cash
$ 2.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they want to right this thing they need a new competent GM that isn't the worst in professional sports. That makes changes.

We need 4 bullpen arms and he hasn't got 1.

We need a lefty power bat and he won't call it up.

We need Pelfrey far away from the rotation he won't do it

We need a SS and a catcher he won't go get any.

It's insulting to the fans and players. The players have been vocal too.

Fien pitched better. I agree, we would have needed to add a minimum of 2 arms, as Duensing, May, Perkins would not be enough. O'Rourke is serviceable. A 1-2 inning 6th through 7th guy, hard thrower. Another who could be closer material as Perkins has shown signs of wearing dowm.

I know you love Arcia, but you have to tip your cap to Rosario. He is doing well, nearly had the cycle yesterday. If Arcia is as good as you say, at least he is getting regular ABs in AAA. He would not play everyday right now. Not with a hot Hicks and Rosario. Sano is mostly DH.

Yes, we rode Pelfrey as long as we could. If we were trying to win now, Pelfrey should be gone.

Jorge Polanco looks better than Santana, or Escobar. Tough to expect a lot out of the rookie, but I can see why he is highly regarded. Strong attitude, and decent defensive skills. Just looks nervous right now, like Buxton did.

Players have to be bumming watching wild-card hopefuls stock up. Texas, Toronto, Baltimore... they have improved their teams significantly. And here comes Chicago with a better rotation. Indians too. Carrasco and Kluber are better than anything we have, likewise Sale and Samardizja. I think Berrios would be a nice replacement for Pelfrey.. if we insist on not upgrading.

And that is it apparently. We are not trading away 2017-2025 for 2015.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fien pitched better. I agree, we would have needed to add a minimum of 2 arms, as Duensing, May, Perkins would not be enough. O'Rourke is serviceable. A 1-2 inning 6th through 7th guy, hard thrower. Another who could be closer material as Perkins has shown signs of wearing dowm.

I know you love Arcia, but you have to tip your cap to Rosario. He is doing well, nearly had the cycle yesterday. If Arcia is as good as you say, at least he is getting regular ABs in AAA. He would not play everyday right now. Not with a hot Hicks and Rosario. Sano is mostly DH.

Yes, we rode Pelfrey as long as we could. If we were trying to win now, Pelfrey should be gone.

Jorge Polanco looks better than Santana, or Escobar. Tough to expect a lot out of the rookie, but I can see why he is highly regarded. Strong attitude, and decent defensive skills. Just looks nervous right now, like Buxton did.

Players have to be bumming watching wild-card hopefuls stock up. Texas, Toronto, Baltimore... they have improved their teams significantly. And here comes Chicago with a better rotation. Indians too. Carrasco and Kluber are better than anything we have, likewise Sale and Samardizja. I think Berrios would be a nice replacement for Pelfrey.. if we insist on not upgrading.

And that is it apparently. We are not trading away 2017-2025 for 2015.

Arcia sits vs lefties we don't need him vs lefties.

Against righties we do. He's a better option than every single one of Plouffe, Hunter, Sano and Hicks right now.

We rest Hunter all the time for Shane fucking Robinson.

There isn't an argument to be made against Arcia on the team.

Best yet. Trade Plouffe for some bullpen arms while he still has value

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just traded one of our best pitching prospects for a fucking reliever.

This guy is the worst.

RollingHills

Hoopla Cash
$ 2.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twins need relievers. We might end up needing a closer... Perkins looked not so good last few outings, like he is hurting or slowing down.

I think he did it for closer insurance. Hu was listed about 12th best pitcher in minors.

You (Hockey) can be mad at Ryan. Most fans are... but it was not an awful move... just not enough.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arcia sits vs lefties we don't need him vs lefties.

Against righties we do. He's a better option than every single one of Plouffe, Hunter, Sano and Hicks right now.

We rest Hunter all the time for Shane fucking Robinson.

There isn't an argument to be made against Arcia on the team.

Best yet. Trade Plouffe for some bullpen arms while he still has value

Arcia needs to play every day, not just sit vs lefties.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truthfully speaking, I've been nervous with Perkins all year. He's been fortunate in not having many high pressure save opportunities; but throughout the first half, how many times did he allow baserunners? Seems like it was more often than not.

It just appears to be catching up with him now.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arcia needs to play every day, not just sit vs lefties.

This makes no sense at all. That is baseball. You play match ups. So hes supposed to just hang out in AAA til they deem him ready to hit lefties? Well here is where that collapses on itself...HE HAS ALWAYS OWNED AAA, even after his horrid start this year when he was inexplicably sent there...hes back to his norm the last month.

It does no good having a lefty power bat who has driven in 100 runs over 700 ABs at the big leagues chilling while we have a righty dominant lineup that can't get on base and cant score.

There is no argument against it. Hicks is still below average against lefties. Hunter doesnt get on base. Plouffe doesnt get on base and if he doesnt hit a 3 run bomb...its a league leading DP. Sano is a 50/50 K. Suzuki just sucks.

We have Mauer and Rosario to bank on consistently hitting righties...and even they are inconsistent(Rosario doesnt walk either).

No argument.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting owned by another righty with a era over 5.

Please stop trying to argue this. It's as one sided as possible.

RollingHills

Hoopla Cash
$ 2.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting owned by another righty with a era over 5.

Please stop trying to argue this. It's as one sided as possible.

Arcia played significant time in 2013 and 2014. He was short of .250 and OBP barely over .300.
He was a negative WAR in 2013 and this year in his short stint.
This year his SLG was below .400 in 20 games.

He may be your answer to what is wrong with Twins, but the numbers suggest he is not.
The 14 and 20 HR seasons in 2013 and 14 are signs that he could be a decent power hitter.

I never disliked the guy, but I kinda like Rosario. Good swing, speed, plays with moxie.
If they call up Arcia and he hits, I will be happy.

I do not hate any Twins player. I like when we win. If Donald Trump could throw 95 and get guys out in the 6th and 7th, I would cheer for him like a brother.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arcia played significant time in 2013 and 2014. He was short of .250 and OBP barely over .300.
He was a negative WAR in 2013 and this year in his short stint.
This year his SLG was below .400 in 20 games.

He may be your answer to what is wrong with Twins, but the numbers suggest he is not.
The 14 and 20 HR seasons in 2013 and 14 are signs that he could be a decent power hitter.

I never disliked the guy, but I kinda like Rosario. Good swing, speed, plays with moxie.
If they call up Arcia and he hits, I will be happy.

I do not hate any Twins player. I like when we win. If Donald Trump could throw 95 and get guys out in the 6th and 7th, I would cheer for him like a brother.

Pick and choose what you want. He had 34 and 100 RBI in just over a full season of ABs. Tell me...who has done that for us since 2010? I'll wait.

This yeah he was .275 with walks and actually gets intentionally walked for being a threat...so now you target a small sample size of slugging?

Meanwhile. Shut down by another righty.

Lmao. This can't be argued at all. Our lineup is a joke. No balance. And NO ONE walks.