• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Western Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then explain Gilberts and Prokhorovs actions. I mean- this is not a philosophical debate- this is not about predicting something- THIS IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW- lol....

again- people trying to say the sky is red when the sky is blue. I seriously do know how people are so brain dead....but then i remember ..well nevermind..lol
Who is arguing whether or not it's happening right now? What we're saying is this is NOT A HOBBY for them. My goodness, if you would shut your trap long enough to read AND comprehend you might understand what you're TRYING to debate.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly has pulled it off literally half a dozen times- the most recent they got Stauskas and some really valuable draft picks from the Kings JUST for taking some bad salary....

The Cavs did this numerous times- with the Lakers, with the Griz, with the Clippers...

OKC did this numerous times with the Jazz, Suns, Celtics,

thats how you jump start a rebuild.

imagine if you guys would have done that deal with the Kings isntead of the Sixers
The Sixers got 3 players and a 1st-round pick for nothing in one of the most lopsided NBA trades ever

....lets just look at it...
the Sixers had to take Carl Landry, Jason Thompson.....for doing that they got Stauskas- a lotto pick from just a couple years ago that could develop into a great 3rd guard off the bench to stretch the floor, a future 1st round pick, and the right to swap TWO future first round picks.

Now- imagine if the Lakers just didnt sign Brandon Bass- and gave Thompson OR Landry that job....Thompson and Landry are expiring too- so its not even like you would have clogged up the cap for next year!!!!!--- the Lakers hving a Kings first rounder, and the right to SWAP twice with the Kings in the future---and a potential good young prospect in Stauskas....

but Jimmy Buss has his thumb up his ass chasing free agents that dont want to go there since the team is not ready to win.

I agree there were some opportunities there.

But...you also have to remember the Kings are not falling all over themselves to help the Lakers.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then explain Gilberts and Prokhorovs actions. I mean- this is not a philosophical debate- this is not about predicting something- THIS IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW- lol....
easy enough...

frivolous. wasteful. some might even call it foolhardy...:heh:

again- people trying to say the sky is red when the sky is blue. I seriously do know how people are so brain dead....but then i remember ..well nevermind..lol

Translation: "i'm gonna deflect this by calling everyone ELSE dummies." yeah, that should work well..:rolleyes2:

cue the laugh track...:lol:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It easy to say that they should have done this or could have done that when you really have no idea what discussions the front office has had with other teams. Just because one team made a trade doesn't mean that trade was available to all other teams in the NBA. It's a lot more complicated process than you seem to think.

Realistically, they are only a couple of years into this rebuild. It only really started after the failed reload with D12 and Nash.

:dingdingding:

The Kings were not gonna help a division rival, especially not the Lakers.

You get it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation: "i'm gonna deflect this by calling everyone ELSE dummies." yeah, that should work well..:rolleyes2:

cue the laugh track...:lol:
your trying to tell me that those super rich owners DONT operate those teams like hobbies? I mean- how dumb can you be- is all right out there--- at least I EXPLAINED my answer--- you didnt say shit because you have nothing to say.

lol...i know its frusterating going from having one of the best managment groups- and numerous advantages- to in a 10 year span going to a bad management groups, and have practically all your advantages mitigated by new billionaire owners, the new CBA- and the fact you DONT need to be in a big market to be a HUGE star.- but cmon man, yo uare in just flat out denial.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you don't think they should? the Lakers are great folks and everyone SHOULD love 'em(evil grin included)...

I think they will hate y'all at least until Robert Horry dies.

That dagger 3 over Webber still hurts my heart. So, I can't imagine how they feel.

:rant:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:dingdingding:

The Kings were not gonna help a division rival, especially not the Lakers.

You get it.
yup- your probably right--- the only deal that the Lakers couldve made the during this rebuilding process was getting a pick in the 20's that became Nance Jr. LOL...cmon now.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We may be having a shitty year but I'm telling you guys… Devin Booker has potential to be a BETTER Klay Thompson. Not saying he will be, but he could. Only silver lining of this season other than liking getting a top 5 pick.

He's looked like our best player the last 2 weeks.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your trying to tell me that those super rich owners DONT operate those teams like hobbies? I mean- how dumb can you be- is all right out there--- at least I EXPLAINED my answer--- you didnt say shit because you have nothing to say.

lol...i know its frusterating going from having one of the best managment groups- and numerous advantages- to in a 10 year span going to a bad management groups, and have practically all your advantages mitigated by new billionaire owners, the new CBA- and the fact you DONT need to be in a big market to be a HUGE star.- but cmon man, yo uare in just flat out denial.

all i'll say is this, WiggityWack. it's been explained DOZENS of times to you and you're STILL too thick to grasp it. seems to me that's a YOU problem...

clearly your lawyering skills need a li'l work...:lol:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean seriously- when Prokohorv spends 90 million in tax i none year- are people really dumb enough to think that he is not treating this like a hobby?

When gilbert spends 60 million in tax in one year- are people really dumb enough to htink that he is not treating his team like a hobby?

my head hurts arguing with people that seriously would never admit they were wrong if there was 100% black and white evidence staring them in the face.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it's a hobby for the Kings owner. Nobody serious about basketball would ever suggest playing 4 on 5.

yup- your probably right--- the only deal that the Lakers couldve made the during this rebuilding process was getting a pick in the 20's that became Nance Jr. LOL...cmon now.

I'm only referencing the Kings trade.

I have no idea about any other potential deals for them.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We may be having a shitty year but I'm telling you guys… Devin Booker has potential to be a BETTER Klay Thompson. Not saying he will be, but he could. Only silver lining of this season other than liking getting a top 5 pick.

He's looked like our best player the last 2 weeks.

I like him.

He looks like he should be in JR. High.

But, he has game.

I think Bledsoe gets dealt when healthy.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like him.

He looks like he should be in JR. High.

But, he has game.

I think Bledsoe gets dealt when healthy.

His nickname is the "Baby Face Assassin" he's only 19, lol.

I think Knight is more likely to get dealt than Bledsoe at the moment, Knight is the most frustrating player I've come across. Way too inconsistent and takes bad shots with stupid unforced turnovers. I wouldn't be surprised if both are dealt though honestly. I like Bledsoe, he's a good player, but not the #1 option on a good team.

He's more suited to be a #3 option, and he'd be great for someone with a nice core already in place.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they will hate y'all at least until Robert Horry dies.

That dagger 3 over Webber still hurts my heart. So, I can't imagine how they feel.

:rant:
This sums up how I felt before and after that shot.
78118-WSOP-2013-Gill-Paredes-gif-Img-KSUm.gif

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His nickname is the "Baby Face Assassin" he's only 19, lol.

I think Knight is more likely to get dealt than Bledsoe at the moment, Knight is the most frustrating player I've come across. Way too inconsistent and takes bad shots with stupid unforced turnovers. I wouldn't be surprised if both are dealt though honestly. I like Bledsoe, he's a good player, but not the #1 option on a good team.

He's more suited to be a #3 option, and he'd be great for someone with a nice core already in place.

I'm sure there are teams out there that would love either.

The Knicks come to mind.

I bet they will try to steal Conley from Memphis.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Name one trade that they could have made that they didn't? Do you work in the front office? You didn't even know about the Lin trade.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name one trade that they could have made that they didn't? Do you work in the front office? You didn't even know about the Lin trade.
This is my post from Feb of last year:

The Lakers got a first round pick in the Lin deal- not because they gave up anything- but because they had cap space- houston needed to clear cap space- and the Lakers get a first round pick out of it.

Thats an example ofa really smart move- especially because Linn is a player that belongs in the rotation of a solid playoff team (even though he is vastly overpaid this year beacuse of how houston structured his salary) AND you get that first rounder...

Hey- if you think that over the multiple years of this rebuilding project that was the only deal that was out there in the entire NBA you are CERTAINLY welcome to that opinion.

not too mention the abject stupidity of letting Howard and Gasol walk for nothing.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my post from Feb of last year:

The Lakers got a first round pick in the Lin deal- not because they gave up anything- but because they had cap space- houston needed to clear cap space- and the Lakers get a first round pick out of it.

Thats an example ofa really smart move- especially because Linn is a player that belongs in the rotation of a solid playoff team (even though he is vastly overpaid this year beacuse of how houston structured his salary) AND you get that first rounder...

Hey- if you think that over the multiple years of this rebuilding project that was the only deal that was out there in the entire NBA you are CERTAINLY welcome to that opinion.

not too mention the abject stupidity of letting Howard and Gasol walk for nothing.

You seemed to have forgotten a few pages back in this thread.

Multiple as in 2 maybe 3 years into this rebuild. It hasn't been as long as you think. Remember, they went all in with D12 and Nash not long ago.

Why was it stupid to let Howard go for nothing? They were a legitimate candidate to resign him. Pau I agree with. They should have been able to get a first rounder for him. They had to figure he wasn't coming back.

And regarding all the trades they apparently missed out on...again, who knows what was available to them. Not you. Not I. You are CERTAINLY welcome to the opinion that every trade made in the NBA the last couple of years was a trade that the Lakers could have made but didn't. It's a stretch of an opinion though.