• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Western Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's worked out well for Philly because they're a top team, right? Just stop it already or at least find some examples that DON'T contradict your point.

what would you rather have?
PHILLY ASSETS
Jahilil Okafor
Nerleans Noel
Joel Embiid
Nick Stauskas
Lakers 1st round pick- top 3 protected, then not protected
Dario Saric
OKC 1st rounder
Miami 1st rounder
Their OWN high first rounder this year
10 EXTRA 2nd round picks
Kings 1st rounder AND the right two swap 2 additional Kings first rounders

OR

LAKERS ASSETS
Julius Randle
Jordan Clarkson
DeAngelo Russell
Nance Jr.
OWE a 1st rounder to the Sixers
OWE a 1st rounder to the Magic

its not like both teams are not horrible right now anyway.....objectively...it would be hard for me to not go for door #1 if i was in rebuilding mode

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was gonna bring this up yesterday. glad YOU did. Wiggy's somehow claiming that these super rich owners with the majority of their money coming from OUTSIDE of basketball only are doing it like it's just some type of hobby, yet their ego's are SOOOOO huge that they throw millions away to win 'ships...

DO tell me how that works...?
i mean i think you pretty much summed it up perfectly.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently SO well you didn't provide any insight on this...:lol:
i mean what else do i have to say- you summed up my point well--- these billionaires who have made their fortunes in other businesses get into the NBA for the prestige and ego and basically the hobby of owning a pro sports franchise in the US.....not all of them spend a ton of money- Paul Allen has more than any of them and chooses to run it like a business- tells his GM- break even and only go into the tax on regular occasions--- and then there are the Gilberts, Cubans, Prokohorovs, that dont care if the basketball operatin is in the red because they just want to win and when you have 4+ billion dollars and you REALLY want to be the first to bring a championship to Cleveland and get that statute outside the Q- what the hell is 50 million bucks? lol

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean what else do i have to say- you summed up my point well--- these billionaires who have made their fortunes in other businesses get into the NBA for the prestige and ego and basically the hobby of owning a pro sports franchise in the US.....not all of them spend a ton of money- Paul Allen has more than any of them and chooses to run it like a business- tells his GM- break even and only go into the tax on regular occasions--- and then there are the Gilberts, Cubans, Prokohorovs, that dont care if the basketball operatin is in the red because they just want to win and when you have 4+ billion dollars you

k, let me see if I can clear this one up, m'man. IF this a "hobby-like" venture for these guys why all the stress and fortune thrown into it? it's a BUSINESS like any other. the fact that you're essentially saying that these guys are "frivolously" throwing cash away is a fallacy...

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was gonna bring this up yesterday. glad YOU did. Wiggy's somehow claiming that these super rich owners with the majority of their money coming from OUTSIDE of basketball only are doing it like it's just some type of hobby, yet their ego's are SOOOOO huge that they throw millions away to win 'ships...

DO tell me how that works...?
It's funny that he spends so much time on here calling other posters dumb then he says crap like this. Just never ceases to amaze me, and not in a good way.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PHILLY ASSETS
Jahilil Okafor
Nerleans Noel
Joel Embiid
Nick Stauskas
Dario Saric
OKC 1st rounder
Miami 1st rounder
10 EXTRA 2nd round picks

OR

LAKERS ASSETS
Julius Randle
Jordan Clarkson
DeAngelo Russell
Nance Jr.

its not like both teams are not horrible right now anyway.....objectively...it would be hard for me to not go for door #1 if i was in rebuilding mode
Obviously both are in rebuild mode, which is why-as I previously stated- they are NOT a good example. Now if Philly had already moved past this stage and turned out to be contenders THEN you could use them as an example. SMH...is all I can do at this point. I see the train wreck (you & your thought process at times) & know it's bad but I just can't look away.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean what else do i have to say- you summed up my point well--- these billionaires who have made their fortunes in other businesses get into the NBA for the prestige and ego and basically the hobby of owning a pro sports franchise in the US.....not all of them spend a ton of money- Paul Allen has more than any of them and chooses to run it like a business- tells his GM- break even and only go into the tax on regular occasions--- and then there are the Gilberts, Cubans, Prokohorovs, that dont care if the basketball operatin is in the red because they just want to win and when you have 4+ billion dollars and you REALLY want to be the first to bring a championship to Cleveland and get that statute outside the Q- what the hell is 50 million bucks? lol
:hellno:

You do understand that hobbies are recreational & designed to pass time, yes? They are NOT designed to MAKE MONEY. Sometimes a business idea can be created from hobbies, but that is after the fact and not the reason a person takes up a hobby.

Now, having explained this do you see why you saying having an NBA franchise as a hobby is assinine to the rest of us? If you don't understand I don't know any other way to help you understand other than having an NBA owner tell you from their own mouths that this is a BUSINESS AND NOT A HOBBY.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PHILLY ASSETS
Jahilil Okafor
Nerleans Noel
Joel Embiid
Nick Stauskas
Dario Saric
OKC 1st rounder
Miami 1st rounder
10 EXTRA 2nd round picks

OR

LAKERS ASSETS
Julius Randle
Jordan Clarkson
DeAngelo Russell
Nance Jr.

We'll see what happens. I have a lot more confidence in the Lakers getting back into contention than the Sixers. They won't keeping missing on the free agents.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
k, let me see if I can clear this one up, m'man. IF this a "hobby-like" venture for these guys why all the stress and fortune thrown into it? it's a BUSINESS like any other. the fact that you're essentially saying that these guys are "frivolously" throwing cash away is a fallacy...
do you think you become a billionaire by not being competitive? by not having an egoing? by not winning almost ALL the time? For a lot of these guys- they have already won the business game- and they thrive on that competition. This is their "toy" and everyone wants to have the biggest and best toy out there.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would have been a more interesting game with Blake but I do agree Cleveland would have likely won. Don't think LAC match-up well with Cleveland

Agreed.

Tristan plays Blake pretty well and Kyrie has flat ot ABUSED Paul.

Add in Bron vs. Pierce?

Curb stomp.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you think you become a billionaire by not being competitive?

er, no...

by not having an egoing?

er, no...again...

by not winning almost ALL the time?

clearly THAT'S happened...:crazy:

For a lot of these guys- they have already won the business game- and they thrive on that competition. This is their "toy" and everyone wants to have the biggest and best toy out there.

uh huh...

will SOMEBODY kindly explain to Wiggy why hobbies exist...

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You understand that sometimes there has to be a rebuilding process right? I mean you are a Cavs fan.

* throws penalty flag*

Excessive roughness, 15 yard penalty!

:wash:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

Tristan plays Blake pretty well and Kyrie has flat ot ABUSED Paul.

Add in Bron vs. Pierce?

Curb stomp.
Kyrie is still not nearly what he was last year....I seriously have not seen him go to the rim and flip up even one of those crazy-off-the-glass layups at an impossible angle in traffic that he ROUTINELY did last year...he is a career 3 pt shooter of near 40% and is no where near that etc....he got abused by Parker the other day- Paul got everything he wanted last night- all though Paul got most of it vs. Delly....

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PHILLY ASSETS
Jahilil Okafor
Nerleans Noel
Joel Embiid
Nick Stauskas
Dario Saric
OKC 1st rounder
Miami 1st rounder
10 EXTRA 2nd round picks

OR

LAKERS ASSETS
Julius Randle
Jordan Clarkson
DeAngelo Russell
Nance Jr.

You forgot to add Okafor's dad who taunts the Coach and Gm from he front row, during games, on camera.

Nobody wants to play in Philly despite their assets.

They are a joke of a franchise.

Pause for a moment to consider this is coming from a Clippers fan.

That's how truly fucked up the 6ers are.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for him, another dumb Doc move.

His ass was glued to the bench...even with Blake and Jordan out.

I seriously try NOT to bag on your team outta respect for you, Mecca. but I've ALWAYS said Doc Rivers is NOT all that he's cracked up to be. the man imo is flat-out overrated...

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie is still not nearly what he was last year....I seriously have not seen him go to the rim and flip up even one of those crazy-off-the-glass layups at an impossible angle in traffic that he ROUTINELY did last year...he is a career 3 pt shooter of near 40% and is no where near that etc....he got abused by Parker the other day- Paul got everything he wanted last night- all though Paul got most of it vs. Delly....

Dude, we all know he is still working himself back into shape.

As long as he is 100% come the playoffs, its all good.

The boy is a stud.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously try NOT to bag on your team outta respect for you, Mecca. but I've ALWAYS said Doc Rivers is NOT all that he's cracked up to be. the man imo is flat-out overrated...

Thank you, I appreciate that.

But, take the safety off and fire away..lol

He got Paul to reup with the Clippers and for that I am grateful.

Otherwise he has been garbage as a GM.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:hellno:

You do understand that hobbies are recreational & designed to pass time, yes? They are NOT designed to MAKE MONEY. Sometimes a business idea can be created from hobbies, but that is after the fact and not the reason a person takes up a hobby.

Now, having explained this do you see why you saying having an NBA franchise as a hobby is assinine to the rest of us? If you don't understand I don't know any other way to help you understand other than having an NBA owner tell you from their own mouths that this is a BUSINESS AND NOT A HOBBY.
then explain Gilberts and Prokhorovs actions. I mean- this is not a philosophical debate- this is not about predicting something- THIS IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW- lol....

again- people trying to say the sky is red when the sky is blue. I seriously do know how people are so brain dead....but then i remember ..well nevermind..lol