• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Western Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has been having Knee issues for over a week now. Rebounding and shot blocks has been noticeably down for the most part since the injury
the issue who is worth a bigger contract between Whiteside and Thompson i believe is extremely intriguing.

Even I would admit- if BOTH guys are playing at the absolute height of their God-given talent- Whiteside is almost assuredly the better athlete, with better size, rim protection abilities that Thompson just does not have.

However, Thompson just DOMINATES the rest of the conversation.

Thompson- in large part- was drafted 4th overall because of his work ethic, and how great of a teammate he is. To a certain extent THOSE are very important "skills". Thompson has also PROVED that he is among the very toughest and durable players in the league- having played the 2nd longest streak in the NBA of well over 300 games. Thompson has proved that he can excel when the pressure is on.

One of the very best things Thompson does- is a big weakness of Whitesides too- the ability to switch on the pick and roll and play effective perimeter defense when needed.

Whiteside is of course a MUCH MUCH better rim protector. Whiteside has better size. Its hard for me to call him a better "pure" rebounder when both guys rebound at a pretty much identical rate.

Whiteside may have more upside, but to me, the stuff that Thompson brings to the table - his total package- makes him more valuable than Whiteside.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the issue who is worth a bigger contract between Whiteside and Thompson i believe is extremely intriguing.

Even I would admit- if BOTH guys are playing at the absolute height of their God-given talent- Whiteside is almost assuredly the better athlete, with better size, rim protection abilities that Thompson just does not have.

However, Thompson just DOMINATES the rest of the conversation.

Thompson- in large part- was drafted 4th overall because of his work ethic, and how great of a teammate he is. To a certain extent THOSE are very important "skills". Thompson has also PROVED that he is among the very toughest and durable players in the league- having played the 2nd longest streak in the NBA of well over 300 games. Thompson has proved that he can excel when the pressure is on.

One of the very best things Thompson does- is a big weakness of Whitesides too- the ability to switch on the pick and roll and play effective perimeter defense when needed.

Whiteside is of course a MUCH MUCH better rim protector. Whiteside has better size. Its hard for me to call him a better "pure" rebounder when both guys rebound at a pretty much identical rate.

Whiteside may have more upside, but to me, the stuff that Thompson brings to the table - his total package- makes him more valuable than Whiteside.

Excellent point.

Being durable is an important part of the equation.

That is the very thing that makes Deandre so valuable to the Clippers.

Paul, Redick, Crawford and Blake are gimp about 10-20 games every year.....EACH.

Jordan hasn't missed a game since 2011.

* waits for him to tear his cal next game cause I jinxed him*

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right now, today. TT is worth more than Whiteside. If Whiteside keeps developing, he'll eventually be worth more than TT.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami hanging in there with Golden State with no Whiteside. Down 2 at the half but this team has really struggled this month in 3rd quarters. It is crucial that they stay within striking distance heading to the 4th

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really think Miami win this game with a healthy Whiteside in the lineup. They did a heck of a job of containing Klay and Steph. Also not having Bogut/Speights guard Winslow wouldn't fly with Whiteside in the game.

Looking forward to the rematch in February. Hoping we have all our guys

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside being out also screwed up the rotations as Spo was forced to play 2 guys (Amare and Haslem) who rarely plays

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we play like this against OKC/LAC and get back Whiteside we'll beat one of them. No doubt that we beat the Clippers on Wednesday if play like this

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This tells you all you need to know about the job the Heat did on Steph tonight

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I don't get about opposing coaches who face the Warriors is why would you have your best players sitting at the start of the 4th in a close game when GSW almost always rest their big 3 for at least the first 4 minutes of the 4th? Brooklyn did the same garbage when I went to the game in Brooklyn.

Last night down 3, Spo uses a lineup who barely played together this season instead of having his starts out there to try and take the lead with Steph, Klay, and Draymond on the bench

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hadn't seen much of Tyler Johnson before last night. He impressed me.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I don't get about opposing coaches who face the Warriors is why would you have your best players sitting at the start of the 4th in a close game when GSW almost always rest their big 3 for at least the first 4 minutes of the 4th? Brooklyn did the same garbage when I went to the game in Brooklyn.

Last night down 3, Spo uses a lineup who barely played together this season instead of having his starts out there to try and take the lead with Steph, Klay, and Draymond on the bench

Keeping rotations consistent so guys don't get tired is all I can think of. You risk backups or tired starters playing against GSW's starters later in the quarter.

On the other hand, guys end up having to play more minutes/out of normal rotation when someone is in foul trouble or hurt, so it's not as if rotations never get messed with. You'd think someone would at least give it a try.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hadn't seen much of Tyler Johnson before last night. He impressed me.

He's a solid player. I like him. One of the reasons it made trading Chalmers easier for Miami. He's really the only other person Miami can truly count on for bench scoring outside of Gerald.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw an article that the 3 most active trade teams right now are the Lakers, Heat and Celtics.

Heat are desperately trying to dump Chris Anderson.

The Lakers are looking at all type of moves- including possibly moving one or more of their young guys

Boston is trying to move quantity for quality as they have perhaps the deepest team in the NBA- but the high end skill is often lacking.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw an article that the 3 most active trade teams right now are the Lakers, Heat and Celtics.

Heat are desperately trying to dump Chris Anderson.

The Lakers are looking at all type of moves- including possibly moving one or more of their young guys

Boston is trying to move quantity for quality as they have perhaps the deepest team in the NBA- but the high end skill is often lacking.

I think the Nets will be sellers too.

Well, once they figure out who is actually in charge of what.

I think Lopez will get traded.