• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Western Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That starts with DeRozan, a lock to decline his option and hit free agency this summer. A bunch of teams, including DeRozan's hometown Lakers, are prepared to offer him a max deal starting at $25 million per season, and the Raptors know they will have to spend big to keep him.

YAH...Thompson for 16 is bad!!!!....just saying--- in the next offseason- the salaries are going to get CRAZY- and Thompson for 16 and all the BS about it is going to look REALLY REALLY stupid very very soon.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That starts with DeRozan, a lock to decline his option and hit free agency this summer. A bunch of teams, including DeRozan's hometown Lakers, are prepared to offer him a max deal starting at $25 million per season, and the Raptors know they will have to spend big to keep him.

YAH...Thompson for 16 is bad!!!!....just saying--- in the next offseason- the salaries are going to get CRAZY- and Thompson for 16 and all the BS about it is going to look REALLY REALLY stupid very very soon.

DeRozan is an All Star. Tristan was a bench role player before the last few weeks. Please don't compare the 2

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TF12, unless he can play sf, I don't believe this.

He's good...But, max money when you have Clarkson and Russell?

Lakers to offer DeMar DeRozan a max deal?

Well, he's 6'7" 220, so he definitely has the size to play SF. The other option would be to bring Clarkson off the bench, especially if they get really lucky and manage to convince KD to come to LA. Makes for some interesting potential starting lineups.

PG - Russell
SG - Clarkson
SF - DeRozan
PF - Randle
C- Hibbert

or

PG - Russell
SG - DeRozan
SF - Durant
PF - Randle
C- Hibbert

It's not even the all-star break yet. I'm sure we'll be seeing and hearing all kinds of wild rumors, especially around the Lakers. Heck, there are already rumors about KD and Westbrook both ending up with the Lakers.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeRozan is an All Star. Tristan was a bench role player before the last few weeks. Please don't compare the 2

:lol: @Wiggy's desperation to make it look like TT is actually worth the money. TT would still be a bench player if the Cavs were getting anything out of TinaFey Mozgov.

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: @Wiggy's desperation to make it look like TT is actually worth the money. TT would still be a bench player if the Cavs were getting anything out of TinaFey Mozgov.
all you have to do is watch Cavs games to know that.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A player's value doesn't change based on whether they are starting or not. What changes is the team's utilization of that value.

WAY too much is made out of TT starting vs not starting on this forum, imo.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
25 million a season? FOR DEMAR DEROZAN!!!! LOL

16 a year is looking pretty good.

I would pay 25 million for DeRozan to be my #1 or #2 option way before I pay Tristan 16 mill yearly to be a role player and my 5th or 6th option at best. DeRozan would have a much better chance of living up to 25 mil since he would be the top dog or 2nd option than Tristan would as 5th option

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would pay 25 million for DeRozan to be my #1 or #2 option way before I pay Tristan 16 mill yearly to be a role player and my 5th or 6th option at best. DeRozan would have a much better chance of living up to 25 mil since he would be the top dog or 2nd option than Tristan would as 5th option
if you think DeMar Derozan is TAKING YOU ANYWHERE as your #1 or #2 you are delusional. All you would be doing is paying franchise money to a guy who is not a franchise player.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
25 million a season? FOR DEMAR DEROZAN!!!! LOL

16 a year is looking pretty good.

No it isn't. Quit trying to put lipstick on a pig.

The only reason TT is getting that money is because the Cavs had to give it to him. They had no other options. No other team was going to give him that kind of money and they didn't have the cap space to let him walk and go after someone else.

The reason his negotiation lasted as long as it did is because the Cavs didn't want to pay him that much. Even they know he's not worth it. They did a good job though of avoiding the max contract he was demanding at first.

By the way, that's how it works when you are chasing titles. You end up overpaying certain players. The Lakers had to do the same thing with Pau Gasol. As good as he was, he wasn't worth the max contract that he got outside of the fact that he helped win a couple of titles. After the Lakers title runs were over, his contract became an albatross.

If the Cavs win the title this season and/or next, no one cares about how much he's getting until the title run is over and they can't unload his contract.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A player's value doesn't change based on whether they are starting or not. What changes is the team's utilization of that value.

seriously. He plays as much as a starter does- even when he was on the bench- and is almost always in during crunch time. There are just a lot of haters out there is what it is.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always suggested the Lakers should sign DeRozan and Horford (not sure if he's available) if they can't get Durant

Yeah, Horford would be a great pick-up too.

I am not of the belief that Whiteside is definitely leaving the Heat.

His market value will be tested with Horford, Noah, Hibbert and I think Jefferson on the market.

All of those other guys, except Hibbert, have injury issues that will give Teams reason to pause.

I'd take Horford, Whiteside, Healthy Noah....in that order.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

* See Enes Kanter making almost 1 mil per minute played.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all you have to do is watch Cavs games to know that.

Serious question. What's up with him? Obviously, I don't see as many Cavs games as you do. I thought he was one of the big reasons the Cavs made the finals competitive last year and figured it might be something of a "coming out party" for him. This year, he seems to have regressed.

Was he just playing over his head in the finals or is it something else?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeRozan is a 44% career shooter- and he does not take 3's because he is horrible at them.

This guy is your typical fairly inefficient volume scorer. He is basically a homeless man's Kobe Bryant.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you think DeMar Derozan is TAKING YOU ANYWHERE as your #1 or #2 you are delusional. All you would be doing is paying franchise money to a guy who is not a franchise player.

Never said any of that. Learn how to read and comprehend

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Horford, Whiteside, Healthy Noah....in that order.

I'd go healthy Noah, Horford, Whiteside. But to be fair, I'm a big Noah fanboy so it's probably a good thing the Lakers aren't consulting me. :lol:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously. He plays as much as a starter does- even when he was on the bench- and is almost always in during crunch time. There are just a lot of haters out there is what it is.

Lots of Teams have token starters.

Garnett, Tashawn Prince...etc

On the opposite end, guys like Manu are usually on the floor at the end of games, with the game on the line.

So, I see your point.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go healthy Noah, Horford, Whiteside. But to be fair, I'm a big Noah fanboy so it's probably a good thing the Lakers aren't consulting me. :lol:

Lmao!

No, I love that Dude.

If he can get back to the form he was in when he was a serious mvp candidate, I would put him first too.

He's just had a lot of injuries and I don't think the Lakers can take that chance.

Then again, Horford isn't exactly an iron man either.