• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Western Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any reasonable basketball fan who does not want to see Warriors Cavs II in the finals

Only if they beat the SPURS along the way.

The knock on the Ws was that they avoided the one team that owns them.

The Warriors dont need to beat the Spurs as they earned their title and accolades, but it would remove that slight ding in their resume.

Or it would be Timmy going out on top by beating Lebron again.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Warriors dont need to beat the Spurs as they earned their title and accolades, but it would remove that slight ding in their resume.

Meh, beating an old Spurs team is overrated. Anyway, if the Spurs don't advance far enough to face the Warriors, the Warriors will, for all intents and purposes, have beaten the Spurs. This is not like boxing where a fighter can avoid those he doesn't want to face.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This. I wanna see the Warriors win the Title by going through the Spurs. That's all I wanna see.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, beating an old Spurs team is overrated. Anyway, if the Spurs don't advance far enough to face the Warriors, the Warriors will, for all intents and purposes, have beaten the Spurs. This is not like boxing where a fighter can avoid those he doesn't want to face.
It ain't overrated if they're the one team who you've FAILED to beat over the past 25 years even in the playoffs. It doesn't matter if they're old. They're the only team that the Warriors have struggled to beat and therefore are the only roadblock left in repeating.

And no, it doesn't count if you don't face them. You can't "beat" a team that you don't face in a series. It doesn't work like that.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It ain't overrated if they're the one team who you've FAILED to beat over the past 25 years even in the playoffs. It doesn't matter if they're old. They're the only team that the Warriors have struggled to beat and therefore are the only roadblock left in repeating.

And no, it doesn't count if you don't face them. You can't "beat" a team that you don't face in a series. It doesn't work like that.

1. The Spurs will be a roadblock if they are actually there to face the Warriors. We'll just have to wait and see if they will advance far enough to be a roadblock.

2. Not sure how much the past 25 years matter when the 2015 Warriors are clearly much better than any previous version of the Warriors.

3. Warriors came in first place last year. Spurs did not. For all intents and purposes, the Warriors beat them. That's how that works.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. The Spurs will be a roadblock if they are actually there to face the Warriors. We'll just have to wait and see if they will advance far enough to be a roadblock.

2. Not sure how much the past 25 years matter when the 2015 Warriors are clearly much better than any previous version of the Warriors.

3. Warriors came in first place last year. Spurs did not. For all intents and purposes, the Warriors beat them. That's how that works.
The Warriors didn't face the Spurs last year. The Spurs were the only team to beat them twice last year. You didn't overcome anything by not facing them. Sure, it isn't the Warriors' fault that the Spurs didn't make it there. But in my opinion, I'd want to beat the team that gave me problems and has always given me problems and further solidify my title run. Sure, they won the title...but, it would be even better if they actually WENT THROUGH the one team everyone knew that the Warriors would struggle with.

You can't say the Warriors beat them just because the Spurs didn't make it to face them. There's no loophole there. You can't beat a team that you didn't face. That's common sense.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors didn't face the Spurs last year. The Spurs were the only team to beat them twice last year. You didn't overcome anything by not facing them. Sure, it isn't the Warriors' fault that the Spurs didn't make it there. But in my opinion, I'd want to beat the team that gave me problems and has always given me problems and further solidify my title run. Sure, they won the title...but, it would be even better if they actually WENT THROUGH the one team everyone knew that the Warriors would struggle with.

You can't say the Warriors beat them just because the Spurs didn't make it to face them. There's no loophole there. You can't beat a team that you didn't face. That's common sense.

If the Warriors win another title, doing so will add further to their reputation, regardless of whether or not they met the Spurs in the playoffs along the way.

My guess is that the Warriors just want to defeat whichever team is in front of them. I don't believe there is a special desire to defeat the Spurs in a playoffs matchup, especially since Kerr and Pop are friends.

Defending champions don't need a loophole. That's just common sense. If you want to hang onto some sense that the Spurs are the real defending champs, then fine, I won't try to take that away from you.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Warriors win another title, doing so will add further to their reputation, regardless of whether or not they met the Spurs in the playoffs along the way.

My guess is that the Warriors just want to defeat whichever team is in front of them. I don't believe there is a special desire to defeat the Spurs in a playoffs matchup, especially since Kerr and Pop are friends.

Defending champions don't need a loophole. That's just common sense. If you want to hang onto some sense that the Spurs are the real defending champs, then fine, I won't try to take that away from you.
I know what the Warriors want to do. I'm saying as a fan, i wanna see the Warriors take down the Spurs on their way to a title. That's all. I never said the Spurs are the real defending champs. Please don't put words in my mouth.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what the Warriors want to do. I'm saying as a fan, i wanna see the Warriors take down the Spurs on their way to a title. That's all. I never said the Spurs are the real defending champs. Please don't put words in my mouth.

I never said that you said that. I was only saying that if you felt that way, I wouldn't try to convince you otherwise. If the Warriors faced the Spurs in the playoffs, every fan would love that matchup.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe this Warriors team is better than any team since MJ's Bulls. Yeah I said it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that folks are trying to take anything away from GSW. GSW beat whoever was in front of them to win that title. It's not their fault that the Spurs couldn't arrange to make sure they were one of those teams. GSW did their part.

Having said that, in sports, there is a bit of a "you have to beat the champ to be the champ" kind of mentality. That's why so many wanted to see them go through the Spurs. It's why so many wanted a Lakers/Heat finals when Lebron went to the Heat. But it doesn't take anything away from the Heats accomplishment because the Lakers couldn't get to the finals. The Heat did their part.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody has denied their legacy, or questioned the legitimacy of their title....except for maybe Doc Rivers.
They had an amazing season. They won fairly and in dominant fashion.
2014-15 Golden State was one of the top 10 teams of all time.

But the Spurs-Warriors thing is sort of like the Patriots dynamic versus the Giants.

If the Patriots go and win another superbowl, but never beat the Giants..... it is a slight knock to a great legacy.
If the Patriots go a win another superbowl versus the Giants....it elevates them beyond blemish or criticism.

Tom Brady would never admit it, but he desperately hopes to get a 3rd shot at them.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that folks are trying to take anything away from GSW. GSW beat whoever was in front of them to win that title. It's not their fault that the Spurs couldn't arrange to make sure they were one of those teams. GSW did their part.

Having said that, in sports, there is a bit of a "you have to beat the champ to be the champ" kind of mentality. That's why so many wanted to see them go through the Spurs. It's why so many wanted a Lakers/Heat finals when Lebron went to the Heat. But it doesn't take anything away from the Heats accomplishment because the Lakers couldn't get to the finals. The Heat did their part.

And that's why I said that if a Spurs fan feels that the Spurs are still the real defending champs, I wouldn't try to convince a Spurs fan otherwise. Although that mentality makes sense in boxing (where you can actually duck opponents) as opposed to a team sport where there are playoffs, I still do get it that many NBA fans feel this way.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's why I said that if a Spurs fan feels that the Spurs are still the real defending champs, I wouldn't try to convince a Spurs fan otherwise. Although that mentality makes sense in boxing (where you can actually duck opponents) as opposed to a team sport where there are playoffs, I still do get it that many NBA fans feel this way.

I hope we get to see GSW/Spurs in the playoffs this year. I think it would go 7 and be an amazing series.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody has denied their legacy, or questioned the legitimacy of their title....except for maybe Doc Rivers.
They had an amazing season. They won fairly and in dominant fashion.
2014-15 Golden State was one of the top 10 teams of all time.

But the Spurs-Warriors thing is sort of like the Patriots dynamic versus the Giants.

If the Patriots go and win another superbowl, but never beat the Giants..... it is a slight knock to a great legacy.
If the Patriots go a win another superbowl versus the Giants....it elevates them beyond blemish or criticism.

Tom Brady would never admit it, but he desperately hopes to get a 3rd shot at them.

My guess is that Brady and the Pats would love to beat Eli and the Giants in a Super Bowl, but that would just be icing on the cake. The fact that they would've won a fifth Super Bowl would be the thing that is significant. Anyway, the greatest knock on the Pats' legacy is the belief that they cheated. For me, losing to the Giants only diminished the Pats' legacy to the extent that they now have two less Super Bowl wins than they otherwise would've had. There are probably others who feel the same way.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we get to see GSW/Spurs in the playoffs this year. I think it would go 7 and be an amazing series.

Even if it doesn't go 7, it will be fun. The hype and buildup alone will be fun.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers look like shit. Toronto had a 29 point lead at halftime. They have only manage to score 18 points in the half with under 4 to go in the 4th but they're still up 10

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers look like shit. Toronto had a 29 point lead at halftime. They have only manage to score 18 points in the half with under 4 to go in the 4th but they're still up 10
....29? Holy fuck.