• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Eastern Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man...Al Jefferson whooped that BLancote ass tonight.

I WISH Charlotte had MKG....

Kemba, MKG, Batum, Jefferson, C. Zeller, J. Lin, M. Williams, F. Kaminskey, C. Lee, J. LAmb...not a bad squad.....I hope they are able to bring back Batum......

Dwade got 3 assists tonight--- 2 more than Kyrie yesterday--- ID RATHER OF HAD KYRIE's GAME! lol.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the best a team from Charlotte has looked in a long time.
i liked vonleh in the draft- but that batum deal has really worked out nicely....

i think with a another year or two Cody Zeller could really develop as well...hes underachived a little- but i think his game will translate better once he ages a little bit- gets some experience, adds a little weight....learning from AL Jeffersonj in the post is getting a PHD in post play in the modern NBa.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kemba, MKG, Batum, Jefferson, C. Zeller, J. Lin, M. Williams, F. Kaminskey, C. Lee, J. LAmb...not a bad squad.....I hope they are able to bring back Batum......

Dwade got 3 assists tonight--- 2 more than Kyrie yesterday--- ID RATHER OF HAD KYRIE's GAME! lol.

1) He had 21 and 10. Whiteside had 17 and 7. Pretty much they cancelled each other out. I don't know where you get that as whooping someone ass. If Paul George for example goes for 31, 8, and 5 while Lebron goes for 27, 6, and 6. Are you going to say George whooped James ass? Yeah that's what I thought so gtfoh with that nonsense. Whiteside played good and so did Jefferson. BTW Hassan was a +8 and Al was a -4 so there's that as well.

2) Comparing Wade to Irving is borderline retarded. One is a point guard, the other is not. The Heat actual point guard had 8 assists. Nice try

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Al was ok, but come on..nothing special.
Anyway, Cats earned the win, but let's consider they shot lights out from downtown , Wade was as bad as he possibly could be, refs were a bit whistle crazy, Heat cruised to an easy early lead then lost their edge, Cats hit a few buzzer end of shot clock shots, plus Cats got a few crazy rebounds that they scored on after Heat played good D and forced a bad shot.

I think Heat beats Cats in a 7 game series, but I think it would be very close and pretty much every game would be a tight battle.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Al was ok, but come on..nothing special.
Anyway, Cats earned the win, but let's consider they shot lights out from downtown , Wade was as bad as he possibly could be, refs were a bit whistle crazy, Heat cruised to an easy early lead then lost their edge, Cats hit a few buzzer end of shot clock shots, plus Cats got a few crazy rebounds that they scored on after Heat played good D and forced a bad shot.

I think Heat beats Cats in a 7 game series, but I think it would be very close and pretty much every game would be a tight battle.

I agree. I think we would win in 6 games. 6 tight games though

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you read what Lloyd wrote?

This time, Tyronn Lue singled out Love and Irving prior to the game. It was on them to figure out how to win a game against a playoff contender without their best player. The results weren’t always pretty. They blew a pair of 20-point leads and without James to take the ball away, Irving dribbled and dribbled and dribbled and dribbled around the court. When he was used as an inbounder in the first half, it occurred to me that’s the only way to ensure Irving makes a pass. If there is a way to dribble the ball inbounds off an out-of-bounds play, Irving will be the one to find it.

6. He scored 33 points and passed for one assist, that coming in the third quarter on a Love 3-pointer that pushed the lead back to 74-54. Then it was right back to dribbling and shooting, dribbling and shooting as the Mavericks whittled the lead down to one possession.

7. Of course, there was the game last season when Irving had 34 points and no assists in a loss at the Utah Jazz. James famously told him afterwards that can’t happen again; he can never go through another game without an assist. So what’s the difference between 34-0 and 33-1? Not much.

8. “I was just doing whatever it took to win,” Irving said. “A couple shots, a couple iso plays that I normally make, they were forcing me to take long jump shots, which I happily obliged because most of the time I feel confident in making those.”

9. To be fair, there is a gray area here. Lue made it clear before the game he wanted Irving and Love to be aggressive looking for their shots. Lue said afterward he had no issue with the way Irving played because he was following orders.

10. “I just told Ky, I need him to be aggressive. I need him to look to score and his aggressiveness will open up his passing,” Lue said. “With LeBron out, we’re losing 25 points. We needed Kevin and Kyrie to step up and score the basketball for us and that’s what they did.”

They were lucky to get the win in that game. But, that shoot, shoot, shoot mentality from your PG isn't how they will win in this league. Especially when they play against other teams whose PG actually knows HOW to be aggressive in ways that result in EVERYONE having contributions. That's the difference between a GREAT team & just a GOOD team.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its just kind of funny cause Kyrie actually had a great game. 33 points on good - not great - shooting. 5 boards and a game winning steal.

He and Kevin both stepped up for once in the absence of LeBron. There were ugly stretches and great stretches and ultimately they won.
I think those stats would constitute a great game if his role wasn't to execute the offense (or in other words when LBJ is playing). But, when he's supposed to be the PG & his job is to get "others" involved only having 1 assist isn't exactly good results. They were lucky to get that win with those circumstances being what they were.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
supposedly- Kyrie had 8 "assist opportunities last night"- and the team missed 7 wide open shots. Love made 1 of them......in comparison- Steph Curry has 6 "assist opportunities" last night.
You're comparing apples to oranges unless Kyrie was sharing the PG position with someone else that night.

In the case with GS yes Steph had 4 assists, but Dray had 10, Bogut had 4 & Livingston also had 4. Not to mention there were a few other players with at least 2 themselves.

So, the point-which you've clearly missed- is that there was BALL SHARING from GS whereas with Cleveland there was mainly BALL HOGGING.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're comparing apples to oranges unless Kyrie was sharing the PG position with someone else that night.

In the case with GS yes Steph had 4 assists, but Dray had 10, Bogut had 4 & Livingston also had 4. Not to mention there were a few other players with at least 2 themselves.

So, the point-which you've clearly missed- is that there was BALL SHARING from GS whereas with Cleveland there was mainly BALL HOGGING.

The main difference is that while Steph, plays point guard, he's really not the defacto point guard of the team any time he's on the court. It can be argued that the Warriors have at least 2 players on the floor at any given time capable of playing the point position, being the facilitator.

With the Starters, it's Curry and Draymond. The way the offense works, Curry is not the primary distributor, Draymond is. With the second unit you have Iguodala and Livingston. And in cases where there are 3 (Iguodala/Livingston, Draymond and Curry), they routinely run Curry off the ball.

The main difference is that Kyrie has the ball firmly in his hands at all times when Lebron is not in the game. It's not like he's playing off the ball and getting his shot opportunities.

Edit: Should have quoted Wiggy, but this was in support of LAD's premise.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not making any excuses- but why hte hell is it both times the Cavs go into Miami its the 2nd night of a back to back on the road and Miami has been waiting with a day off the previous day? Doesnt exactly help....i can see- it happens- but for it to happen BOTH times doesnt seem right. Id rest Kyrie or Love or whoever you have to tonight--- i dont think those guys at this point in the season should play 5 games in 7 nights either.....maybe one will sit vs. Miami or Orlando....5 games in 7 nights 4 on the road is as bad as it gets schedule wise in the NBA.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not making any excuses- but why hte hell is it both times the Cavs go into Miami its the 2nd night of a back to back on the road and Miami has been waiting with a day off the previous day? Doesnt exactly help....i can see- it happens- but for it to happen BOTH times doesnt seem right. Id rest Kyrie or Love or whoever you have to tonight--- i dont think those guys at this point in the season should play 5 games in 7 nights either.....maybe one will sit vs. Miami or Orlando....5 games in 7 nights 4 on the road is as bad as it gets schedule wise in the NBA.

The league is out to get the Cavs.....

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oladipo is better than any player the Cavs have drafted with there #1's other than James.

And the Heats Jan/Feb schedule was the most brutal that I can ever remember seeing, yet we found our way through it.
Quit bitching about 1 week, and a back to back when some of the Cavs will prob be at the Ultra music festival by the arena by 1 a.m..

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oladipo is better than any player the Cavs have drafted with there #1's other than James.

And the Heats Jan/Feb schedule was the most brutal that I can ever remember seeing, yet we found our way through it.
Quit bitching about 1 week, and a back to back when some of the Cavs will prob be at the Ultra music festival by the arena by 1 a.m..

The crying is so hilarious. Its just making a built in excuse if the Heat happens to win tomorrow night. Funny how I don't see Warriors and Spurs fans bitching about playing a good team on the 2nd night of a B2B.

Championship Level teams are not bothered by B2B

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy acts like the Warriors are the only team that has back 2 backs. He definitely has the same traits that the Cavs front office have in terms of panic mode. Sounds like he has doubts the Cavs can the Heat tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.