• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Eastern Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the "locker room would explode"??? who is this guy? Chris Haynes?

is this guy a beat reporter? Because that sure seems to have a LOT of opinion attached- especially for an article written over night.

If this was an opinion piece- have at it man....

if this guy is a beat reporter- he is terrible at his job.

Dunno who he is.

Could be a bait and click article for all I know.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love was 0-3 in the 4th qtr

Jr Smith was 1/8 from 3--- 6/17 from the field

If Irving didnt just take over and do it himself the team would have lost. I was glad that Irving took it upon himself to try and win the game without LeBron playing- especially considering the team shot 28% from 3 from the game.

If you would have told me before the game that LeBron would sit and the team would have shot 28% from 3- I would have said chalk that up as an L----- UNLESS you told me that KI was going to take over and be the games high scorer- then I would have said we have a chance.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irving ends up playing a lot of SG with the Cavs. That said... he definitely could do a better job of finding his teammates especially when LeBron isn't on the floor (like all of yesterday's game).

I have a hard time believing that his teammates are upset that he isn't "getting proper assist numbers".

If I had to guess... the players being "puzzled as to how their point guard managed to register one assist" came from answering a reporters question: "Why did Kyrie only have 1 assist?". Very likely not from players actively complaining or even thinking about his 1 assist.

Like the Green is unhappy stories in Golden. State, scrutiny and speculation are apart of the game when you are a high profile team.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said this when you made the post last week about guys not knowing their roles.

Bron is the point forward and Kyrie is basically the off guard.
I do have to say Love was playing well- and KI's one assist was on a Love 3- so I can see Love getting more involved- esp. since he was playing well---- but Love has been in a pretty bad shooting slump over the last month or so and hasnt been able to throw a grape in the ocean.

I think KI REALLY REALLY REALLY didnt want to hear about the Cavs losing another game with LeBron sitting and basically said- I GOT IT---- which is fine- because when he tried to do it differently against hte Wiz a couple weeks ago when Bron sat- they lost horribly.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunno who he is.

Could be a bait and click article for all I know.

He's been the beat writer since September 2014. Used to work in Portland as their beat writer. Pretty credible man.

Chris has built a reputation as the go-to NBA writer, the one who breaks the big stories. NBA reporter Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports says "there is no NBA team beat writer that breaks more news than Haynes."

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its just kind of funny cause Kyrie actually had a great game. 33 points on good - not great - shooting. 5 boards and a game winning steal.

He and Kevin both stepped up for once in the absence of LeBron. There were ugly stretches and great stretches and ultimately they won.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like the Green is unhappy stories in Golden. State, scrutiny and speculation are apart of the game when you are a high profile team.
no quotes from any specific player-- the COACH even saying that is how he TOLD KI to play....its just a crazy article

any reporter that I know would sit on something like that- research it, confirm it with sources-- before they publish something- a BEAT REPORTER no less- that says the "locker room would explode"...thats insane and irresponsible.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been the beat writer since September 2014. Used to work in Portland as their beat writer. Pretty credible man.

Chris has built a reputation as the go-to NBA writer, the one who breaks the big stories. NBA reporter Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports says "there is no NBA team beat writer that breaks more news than Haynes."
lol, what news has this guy broken? I read the PD everyday- and he does the Notes column i guess and its basically something that a robot could write.

if your reading the PD- on basketball if its not Pluto or Livingston please go elsewhere.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its just kind of funny cause Kyrie actually had a great game. 33 points on good - not great - shooting. 5 boards and a game winning steal.

He and Kevin both stepped up for once in the absence of LeBron. There were ugly stretches and great stretches and ultimately they won.
omg...imagine if they would have lost without LeBron again....cant win for losing.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no quotes from any specific player-- the COACH even saying that is how he TOLD KI to play....its just a crazy article

any reporter that I know would sit on something like that- research it, confirm it with sources-- before they publish something- a BEAT REPORTER no less- that says the "locker room would explode"...thats insane and irresponsible.

He looks like a credible reporter from what BK posted.

Irresponsible?.......that's a stretch.

Maybe reckless would be a better word if he wants anyone on that Team to give him the time of day again.

............unless.......

Someone with a higher status on the Team wanted the story to get out.

:sadbron:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny lol. Go to the Cavs section of the Plain Dealer and all you see is articles by Haynes and 2 other beat writers. Hard to believe you actually read the Plain Dealer and don't know who he is considering he's been the beat writer for about 2 basketball seasons now

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
supposedly- Kyrie had 8 "assist opportunities last night"- and the team missed 7 wide open shots. Love made 1 of them......in comparison- Steph Curry has 6 "assist opportunities" last night.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Wiggy in that the article feels like a bad mix of an opinion piece and a news piece. Pick one and stick to it. Especially with stuff like "the locker room would explode IF....", etc.

I mean, articles like this aren't exactly rare, but I think its bad journalism.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This type of speculation is bound to happen when the "King " of tweets keeps putting his ambiguous statements all over the net.

Since there is little doubt who will be coming out of the East, reporters have to entertain the masses some how.

I will say this, it looks horrible that a guy writing for the hometown paper wrote such a scathing article.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
supposedly- Kyrie had 8 "assist opportunities last night"- and the team missed 7 wide open shots. Love made 1 of them......in comparison- Steph Curry has 6 "assist opportunities" last night.

In 11 less minutes and didn't play in the 4th quarter.

Reactions: LAD

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

seriously---

what i am really liking is how Frye has just been raining from outside....i expected him to help- but he has really shown the ability to stretch the floor---- especially being important since Love cant hit an open 3 to save his life lately.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a stand-up reporter.

He even admits when he is wrong about the things he has reported.

Issuing respect and apology that Cleveland Cavaliers point guard Matthew Dellavedova rightfully deserves
youd have better luck with pluto or livingston lemme tell ya---- especially pluto....livingston is a little bit of a blow hard but hes been around forever--- both are really really great basketball reporters---- thoug pluto is a darn good baseball reporter too----- pluto is one of th ebest in the business....

Status
Not open for further replies.