• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 NBA Eastern Conference OFFICIAL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only saw last 4 minutes, and from what I saw, the Cavs were extremely lucky to hang on plus don't you agree the Kyrie hooked Dirk?
Looked pretty obvious to me.
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Dirk tried to flop and Kyrie pulled the chair out is what it looked like to me.

any time the Cavs can win when they shoot under 30% from 3 its a good win. Esp. w/o Bron.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Dirk tried to flop and Kyrie pulled the chair out is what it looked like to me.

any time the Cavs can win when they shoot under 30% from 3 its a good win. Esp. w/o Bron.

I didn't say it wasn't a good win, and I certainly didn't say the refs cost Dallas the game.
I saw Dallas miss 2 wide open 3s and turn the ball over during crunch time.
That's why they lost.
And, it wasn't a flop situation. No way Dirk could anticipate being hooked from the angles I saw.
I think it was a missed call, but it wasn't what I would call blatantly obvious.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say it wasn't a good win, and I certainly didn't say the refs cost Dallas the game.
I saw Dallas miss 2 wide open 3s and turn the ball over during crunch time.
That's why they lost.
And, it wasn't a flop situation. No way Dirk could anticipate being hooked from the angles I saw.
I think it was a missed call, but it wasn't what I would call blatantly obvious.

Also, I've been rooting for the Cavs almost every night because it usually helps the Heat.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The playoffs race out East is ridiculous. Please note that since this tweet, Atlanta beat Detroit moving Atlanta ahead of Boston. 1 game in the loss column separates 3rd and 6th out East. Miami needs to beat Charlotte tomorrow as a win would mean they would own the H2H tiebreaker over both Charlotte and Atlanta.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The playoffs race out East is ridiculous. Please note that since this tweet, Atlanta beat Detroit moving Atlanta ahead of Boston. 1 game in the loss column separates 3rd and 6th out East. Miami needs to beat Charlotte tomorrow as a win would mean they would own the H2H tiebreaker over both Charlotte and Atlanta.

Reminds me of last year where the last night of the season the Spurs could have won and clinched home court in rd1, but lost and had to face the Clippers on the road. Who knows how the playoffs play out if they win that game, I think they would have had a shot to defeat the Warriors.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CRAZY race on your side of the NBA...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So according to Stephen A Smith, the Wizards are out of the Kevin Durant mix.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs shoot 28% from 3 and win without LeBron

Ki goes for 33

Love for 22 and 18..

Good win.

Can't believe Dirk is doing so well playing Center.

....and it's not just against the Cavs.

My GAWD Matthews contract looks bad right about now.

I get that Cuban wanted to reward him, show other Cree agents that he will reward loyalty after the Jordan betrayal.

But, they are gonna be in big trouble if Parsons leaves.

They have to give him the max.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So according to Stephen A Smith, the Wizards are out of the Kevin Durant mix.

Would think so after taking on the Morris twin contract.

I heard they might target Parsons.

Would you give Beal a Max contract?

I think he could be a top 4 sg if he could stAy healthy.

Sadly, he can't.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss @gordontrue

Report: Cavaliers players frustrated with Kyrie Irving’s lack of passing

After the game, a few players were puzzled to how their point guard managed to register one assist while playing 39 minutes. They were frustrated, but the win and Irving’s huge defensive play lessened the anger.

The notion within the locker room is that the situation is tolerable, because it isn’t permanent. If the Cavaliers were dealt the misfortune of playing without James for an extended period, this locker room would be boiling over.

Players are growing tired of Irving’s inability to not only register a proper amount of assists at the lead guard position, but also to just move the ball.

First, here’s how Irving ranks among the NBA’s 30 starting point guards in a few key stats:

• Assists per game: 25th (4.5)
  • Assists per 36 minutes: 24th (5.2)
  • Potential assists per 36 minutes: 24th (12.8)
  • Potential assists per game: 25th (10.9)
  • Passes per 36 minutes: 28th (58.3)
  • Passes per game: 26th (49.9)
  • Percentage of touches ending in pass: 24th (68.5%)
  • Seconds per touch: 10th (4.7)
  • Dribbles per touch: 12th (4.7)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss the Plain Dealer has gone rouge:dhd:

Even if untrue, the part about him dribbling for 24 seconds is funny!

Kyrie Irving shows again that he's not ready to lead a team
did you read what Lloyd wrote?

This time, Tyronn Lue singled out Love and Irving prior to the game. It was on them to figure out how to win a game against a playoff contender without their best player. The results weren’t always pretty. They blew a pair of 20-point leads and without James to take the ball away, Irving dribbled and dribbled and dribbled and dribbled around the court. When he was used as an inbounder in the first half, it occurred to me that’s the only way to ensure Irving makes a pass. If there is a way to dribble the ball inbounds off an out-of-bounds play, Irving will be the one to find it.

6. He scored 33 points and passed for one assist, that coming in the third quarter on a Love 3-pointer that pushed the lead back to 74-54. Then it was right back to dribbling and shooting, dribbling and shooting as the Mavericks whittled the lead down to one possession.

7. Of course, there was the game last season when Irving had 34 points and no assists in a loss at the Utah Jazz. James famously told him afterwards that can’t happen again; he can never go through another game without an assist. So what’s the difference between 34-0 and 33-1? Not much.

8. “I was just doing whatever it took to win,” Irving said. “A couple shots, a couple iso plays that I normally make, they were forcing me to take long jump shots, which I happily obliged because most of the time I feel confident in making those.”

9. To be fair, there is a gray area here. Lue made it clear before the game he wanted Irving and Love to be aggressive looking for their shots. Lue said afterward he had no issue with the way Irving played because he was following orders.

10. “I just told Ky, I need him to be aggressive. I need him to look to score and his aggressiveness will open up his passing,” Lue said. “With LeBron out, we’re losing 25 points. We needed Kevin and Kyrie to step up and score the basketball for us and that’s what they did.”

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss @gordontrue

After the game, a few players were puzzled to how their point guard managed to register one assist while playing 39 minutes. They were frustrated, but the win and Irving’s huge defensive play lessened the anger.

The notion within the locker room is that the situation is tolerable, because it isn’t permanent. If the Cavaliers were dealt the misfortune of playing without James for an extended period, this locker room would be boiling over.

Players are growing tired of Irving’s inability to not only register a proper amount of assists at the lead guard position, but also to just move the ball.

First, here’s how Irving ranks among the NBA’s 30 starting point guards in a few key stats:

if you think Irving plays PG for the full 32 minutes or whatever he averages a night- you didnt watch any basketball games involving LeBron James for the past decade+

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Chris Haynes the Cavs beat reporter for the PD? has he been all seaosn? ive never heard of the guy and i read practically everything.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you read what Lloyd wrote?

This time, Tyronn Lue singled out Love and Irving prior to the game. It was on them to figure out how to win a game against a playoff contender without their best player. The results weren’t always pretty. They blew a pair of 20-point leads and without James to take the ball away, Irving dribbled and dribbled and dribbled and dribbled around the court. When he was used as an inbounder in the first half, it occurred to me that’s the only way to ensure Irving makes a pass. If there is a way to dribble the ball inbounds off an out-of-bounds play, Irving will be the one to find it.

6. He scored 33 points and passed for one assist, that coming in the third quarter on a Love 3-pointer that pushed the lead back to 74-54. Then it was right back to dribbling and shooting, dribbling and shooting as the Mavericks whittled the lead down to one possession.

7. Of course, there was the game last season when Irving had 34 points and no assists in a loss at the Utah Jazz. James famously told him afterwards that can’t happen again; he can never go through another game without an assist. So what’s the difference between 34-0 and 33-1? Not much.

8. “I was just doing whatever it took to win,” Irving said. “A couple shots, a couple iso plays that I normally make, they were forcing me to take long jump shots, which I happily obliged because most of the time I feel confident in making those.”

9. To be fair, there is a gray area here. Lue made it clear before the game he wanted Irving and Love to be aggressive looking for their shots. Lue said afterward he had no issue with the way Irving played because he was following orders.

10. “I just told Ky, I need him to be aggressive. I need him to look to score and his aggressiveness will open up his passing,” Lue said. “With LeBron out, we’re losing 25 points. We needed Kevin and Kyrie to step up and score the basketball for us and that’s what they did.”

Did you read the part that said " after the game teammates were puzzled how their pg managed to re Ord just one measly assist"?

How about how the locker room would explode if James being out wasn't temporary?

Or

My favorite " how Parsons let him do all that fancy dribbling, just stayed in front of him, Kyrie launch a long 2 thAt flanked off the rim, while his teammates stared in disbelief"?

Hilarious...lol

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss @gordontrue

Irving ends up playing a lot of SG with the Cavs. That said... he definitely could do a better job of finding his teammates especially when LeBron isn't on the floor (like all of yesterday's game).

I have a hard time believing that his teammates are upset that he isn't "getting proper assist numbers".

If I had to guess... the players being "puzzled as to how their point guard managed to register one assist" came from answering a reporters question: "Why did Kyrie only have 1 assist?". Very likely not from players actively complaining or even thinking about his 1 assist.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you read the part that said " after the game teammates were puzzled how their pg managed to re Ord just one measly assist"?

How about how the locker room would explode if James being out wasn't temporary?

Or

My favorite " how Parsons let him do all that fancy dribbling, just stayed in front of him, Kyrie launch a long 2 thAt flanked off the rim, while his teammates stared in disbelief"?

Hilarious...lol
the "locker room would explode"??? who is this guy? Chris Haynes?

is this guy a beat reporter? Because that sure seems to have a LOT of opinion attached- especially for an article written over night.

If this was an opinion piece- have at it man....

if this guy is a beat reporter- he is terrible at his job.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Chris Haynes the Cavs beat reporter for the PD? has he been all seaosn? ive never heard of the guy and i read practically everything.

Again: my initial post I qualified by saying " even if untrue, it's funny".

You have to admit that your guy played a bunch of hero ball.

I wouldn't know if the locker room is a powder keg.

Reporters make shit up all the time.

But, his over dribbling is ridiculous.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you think Irving plays PG for the full 32 minutes or whatever he averages a night- you didnt watch any basketball games involving LeBron James for the past decade+

I said this when you made the post last week about guys not knowing their roles.

Bron is the point forward and Kyrie is basically the off guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.