• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 Los Angeles Lakers

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody think lakers missed out on rondo? Rumors in offseason he wanted to play with Kobe. Didn't seem like management was interested after a rough separation in Dallas. He seems to be tearing it up in Sacramento.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no logic to his moves, that's just people fishing for them. If that were actually the case, the simplest and most effective solution is to just play Kobe less, not take minutes away from guys who need them

Too bad it's not that simple. They are trying to honor Kobe with this farewell tour the best way they can (that directive came from Jeanie). There is no blueprint for what they are trying to do. Criticize Byron all you want, but let's not pretend that it's really just as simple as "play Kobe less" because it isn't.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad it's not that simple. They are trying to honor Kobe with this farewell tour the best way they can (that directive came from Jeanie). There is no blueprint for what they are trying to do. Criticize Byron all you want, but let's not pretend that it's really just as simple as "play Kobe less" because it isn't.

It is absolutely that simple. They run the team and cut the checks. He answers to them, not the other way around. He's been compensated. He'll be further honored with statues and jersey retirings later on. Kobe can start the games to get the intros and play 15 to 20 minutes just fine. There is no clause saying retiring players require 25+ minutes every night

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is absolutely that simple. They run the team and cut the checks. He answers to them, not the other way around. He's been compensated. He'll be further honored with statues and jersey retirings later on. Kobe can start the games to get the intros and play 15 to 20 minutes just fine. There is no clause saying retiring players require 25+ minutes every night

It's not that simple. There's no blueprint for what they are trying to do. You're literally the only one saying it's that simple. Every "expert" I've seen or heard comment on it is saying it's not that simple. It's not just about Kobe or what he wants. It's also about what fans want as well. Not just at home, but also on the road. In fact, I'd say, especially on the road, since those fans are unlikely to be a part of or really get to witness any jersey retirement or statue ceremonies and have limited chances to see him. The Lakers and Kobe are trying to make sure they get to see him as much as possible.

Kobe has been well compensated, but he has also made the Lakers far more money than they will ever be able to pay him. He is a large part of the reason they have the Time-Warner deal.

The young guys are starting to look like they are getting some things figured out and I take Kobe deferring to them in the Minny game as a positive sign (although, it's Kobe, so it could be an anomaly) that maybe they are starting to find a happy medium.

Don't get me wrong. I agree with you 100% that the best thing for the young guys would be to cut Kobe's minutes waaaay back. In fact, the best thing would be for him to just retire right now (which we all know isn't happening) and stick around for the rest of the season as a special consultant/assistant coach. But that's not going to happen. I just disagree that it's as simple as you're trying to make it.

Last edited:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that simple. There's no blueprint for what they are trying to do. You're literally the only one saying it's that simple. Every "expert" I've seen or heard comment on it is saying it's not that simple. It's not just about Kobe or what he wants. It's also about what fans want as well. Not just at home, but also on the road. In fact, I'd say, especially on the road, since those fans are unlikely to be a part of or really get to witness any jersey retirement or statue ceremonies and have limited chances to see him. The Lakers and Kobe are trying to make sure they get to see him as much as possible.

Kobe has been well compensated, but he has also made the Lakers far more money than they will ever be able to pay him. He is a large part of the reason they have the Time-Warner deal.

The young guys are starting to look like they are getting some things figured out and I take Kobe deferring to them in the Minny game as a positive sign (although, it's Kobe, so it could be an anomaly) that maybe they are starting to find a happy medium.

Don't get me wrong. I agree with you 100% that the best thing for the young guys would be to cut Kobe's minutes waaaay back. In fact, the best thing would be for him to just retire right now (which we all know isn't happening) and stick around for the rest of the season as a special consultant/assistant coach. But that's not going to happen. I just disagree that it's as simple as you're trying to make it.

I disagree. These people that don't believe its simple are wrong because they are putting constraints on it themselves. There is no blueprint, that's true. So that means there's no requirement to play him heavy minutes. Fans aren't going to stop buying tickets if he's playing 18 minutes instead of 32. It's their last chance to see him, they'll buy regardless. They are overcomplicating this. It's not that hard. The biggest obstacle is themselves. Don't box yourself in with constraints that are nonexistent.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe won a battle against Dwightmare last night in Houston. Stole a Howard pass and buried a three. Howard won the war as we got our ass handed to us again. It was funny though to watch Kobe get that last little dig in.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not surprised that the Lakers, team on pace to become the worst team in franchise history, is doing so on Jim Buss' watch. This team needs an organizational/cultural shift post Bryant from the top down. Send Jimmy back to the Playboy mansion, where he practically grew up and find fresh eyes, evolved eyes to run this team.

I'm a huge Sixers fan. These guys need to start winning. They are remarkable in their ability to play worse than my Lakers. Nonetheless, this next draft could be loaded with talent. Hopefully Jim Buss is locked out of the war room distracted by ET running on the Betamax followed by Facts of Life reruns.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, everyone is wrong except you. Good to know.

Because they are wrong! All these "experts" about this situation are just media members in an echo chamber. One says "it must be complicated" and they all say the same thing. They offer no actual substance but just assume that its so. No one takes time to actually think it through. Seriously, think about it. What prevents it from being simple? There isn't one real reason why the situation should be complicated. Kobe retiring doesn't create any unforeseen or unbearable circumstances. Kobe starts so he gets all the love for in the intros, plays 15 to 20 minutes a night which is a move that actually preserves his health for the entire season allowing more people to see him (he can play more in a game if he isn't totally stinking the joint out), play the kids more minutes. It's the best of both worlds and both are EASILY attainable. There is literally nothing preventing this except Byron Scott making substitutions accordingly.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they are wrong! All these "experts" about this situation are just media members in an echo chamber. One says "it must be complicated" and they all say the same thing. They offer no actual substance but just assume that its so. No one takes time to actually think it through. Seriously, think about it. What prevents it from being simple? There isn't one real reason why the situation should be complicated. Kobe retiring doesn't create any unforeseen or unbearable circumstances. Kobe starts so he gets all the love for in the intros, plays 15 to 20 minutes a night which is a move that actually preserves his health for the entire season allowing more people to see him (he can play more in a game if he isn't totally stinking the joint out), play the kids more minutes. It's the best of both worlds and both are EASILY attainable. There is literally nothing preventing this except Byron Scott making substitutions accordingly.

Of course they are wrong. Everyone is wrong except you including ex-NBA players who are saying it's not that simple. Just go on thinking your smarter than everyone.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they are wrong. Everyone is wrong except you including ex-NBA players who are saying it's not that simple. Just go on thinking your smarter than everyone.

Everyone also thought the world was flat at one time too. Majority opinion doesn't mean its correct. If you can't explain why its complicated, then don't post. Stop being a dick about it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone also thought the world was flat at one time too. Majority opinion doesn't mean its correct. If you can't explain why its complicated, then don't post. Stop being a dick about it.

Whatever you say. After all, you're smarter than everyone. Just ask you. I already explained why it's not that simple.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever you say. After all, you're smarter than everyone. Just ask you. I already explained why it's not that simple.

And I countered. Saying "its complicated and some media members agree" is not an answer. Why is it complicated. What makes it so? I've read the articles and seen the talking heads say its complicated. They offer no explanation outside of a useless cliche or two. All you're doing now is deflecting by being a snarky and not actually answering anything. There's no need for you to be dick about it

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is this simple.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I countered. Saying "its complicated and some media members agree" is not an answer. Why is it complicated. What makes it so? I've read the articles and seen the talking heads say its complicated. They offer no explanation outside of a useless cliche or two. All you're doing now is deflecting by being a snarky and not actually answering anything. There's no need for you to be dick about it

What makes it so, as I've already stated, is that they are trying to give Kobe the farewell tour he has earned with the great career he's had. The fans, who pay the money that keeps the team in business, want to see Kobe. Fans of other teams, the ones who keep their teams and thus, the league in business want to see him. His name is being chanted in arenas where he has been booed for his entire career. So, the Lakers have to try to find a balance between giving Kobe the farewell tour he deserves, giving the fans what they want and giving the young guys the time they need.

All of the above was already covered and your counter was nothing more than you saying you're smarter than everyone. If you don't like the responses you get, don't respond to my posts. That actually IS simple.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes it so, as I've already stated, is that they are trying to give Kobe the farewell tour he has earned with the great career he's had. The fans, who pay the money that keeps the team in business, want to see Kobe. Fans of other teams, the ones who keep their teams and thus, the league in business want to see him. His name is being chanted in arenas where he has been booed for his entire career. So, the Lakers have to try to find a balance between giving Kobe the farewell tour he deserves, giving the fans what they want and giving the young guys the time they need.

All of the above was already covered and your counter was nothing more than you saying you're smarter than everyone. If you don't like the responses you get, don't respond to my posts. That actually IS simple.

Yeah, I know. Gotta do it for Kobe is the go to answer for people and that somehow makes it complicated. So what about all of that exactly is complicated? It's still boils down to a coach managing substitution patterns. All of that can be done with him playing 15 to 20 minutes a game instead of 30+. You're acting like reducing Kobe's minutes is the same as not playing him at all. No one is suggesting this. You play Kobe 30+ mins and you're limiting time for Russell, Clarkson, etc not to mention wearing him down even more than he already is. You dial that back some and everyone gets a slice of pie. I don't mind your responses. You're a fun poster and a good guy but there's no reason for you to be jerk over this.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I know. Gotta do it for Kobe is the go to answer for people and that somehow makes it complicated. So what about all of that exactly is complicated? It's still boils down to a coach managing substitution patterns. All of that can be done with him playing 15 to 20 minutes a game instead of 30+. You're acting like reducing Kobe's minutes is the same as not playing him at all. No one is suggesting this. You play Kobe 30+ mins and you're limiting time for Russell, Clarkson, etc not to mention wearing him down even more than he already is. You dial that back some and everyone gets a slice of pie. I don't mind your responses. You're a fun poster and a good guy but there's no reason for you to be jerk over this.

:lol: You claim that literally everyone is wrong except you, but I'm the jerk. :pound:

Last edited: