• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 Los Angeles Lakers

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell's play recently should inspire some optimism in the naysayers. He's looking more comfortable on the floor as he's been given more playing time and a longer leash. I like seeing him mixing in attacking the rim off pick and rolls rather than always pulling up at the elbow. That elbow jumper will be a staple in his game for a long time. Showing the ability to finish at the rim will keep defenses on their heals. I'm seeing some good things with his on-ball defense as well.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell's play recently should inspire some optimism in the naysayers. He's looking more comfortable on the floor as he's been given more playing time and a longer leash. I like seeing him mixing in attacking the rim off pick and rolls rather than always pulling up at the elbow. That elbow jumper will be a staple in his game for a long time. Showing the ability to finish at the rim will keep defenses on their heals. I'm seeing some good things with his on-ball defense as well.

Yep. He had 13 points, 9 rebounds and 6 assists last night. Not too shabby. Those numbers should increase, except maybe the rebounds, as he gets more time.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. He had 13 points, 9 rebounds and 6 assists last night. Not too shabby. Those numbers should increase, except maybe the rebounds, as he gets more time.

He looks to be a very good rebounder for his position. He goes after them.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looks to be a very good rebounder for his position. He goes after them.

Yeah, that's one area where he reminds me of Magic as a pg. Just seems to know how to get in position better than most point guards. That's pretty good considering he's a 19 year old rookie.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, he's the worst player since Bill Russell.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the yappin about whether we should have taken Okafor over Russell is sort a mute point if you look at who are the two worst teams in the NBA. The Sixers with Okafor (0-15) and us with Russell (2-11). IS there a connection here? I am not sure.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the yappin about whether we should have taken Okafor over Russell is sort a mute point if you look at who are the two worst teams in the NBA. The Sixers with Okafor (0-15) and us with Russell (2-11). IS there a connection here? I am not sure.
I was one of them, and still lIke Okafor, but Russell have a great upside.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell and Randle benched. Scott needs to go and we need to get a coach with his mind on the future, not a couple more meaningless wins this season.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell and Randle benched. Scott needs to go and we need to get a coach with his mind on the future, not a couple more meaningless wins this season.

no if's, and's or maybe's. even the most casual fans are scratching their heads at Byron's rotations. it'd be flat-out COMICAL if it was someone else's team...

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not going to lead to anymore wins though. I guess there's a silver lining :noidea:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? Russell hits the tying shot at the end of regulation in Minnesota and we lose in OT because of TWO MISSED FREE THROWS? This team is completely cursed.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, bad reporting. Hibbert and Russell both missed jump shots with under 10 seconds in OT to lose the game by a point. Interestingly, Russell had 23 and Randle had 20 both coming off the bench. Wonders never cease.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? Russell hits the tying shot at the end of regulation in Minnesota and we lose in OT because of TWO MISSED FREE THROWS? This team is completely cursed.

the kids actually performed pretty well when they played the bulk of the remaining game. I laughed when both Russell AND Randle BOTH admitted they stopped caring. way to go, Byron...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. That is precisely the reaction you'd get when a coach doesn't have any answers and pulls some of the dumbest moves imaginable, CL67. Scott may have provided physical discipline with his tough camps and he may be facilitating the Kobe retirement tour but he has alienated the youngsters with out-dated methods of coaching and rotations. He is rapidly becoming the dumbass coach of the year.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the kids actually performed pretty well when they played the bulk of the remaining game. I laughed when both Russell AND Randle BOTH admitted they stopped caring. way to go, Byron...

Listening to the full comments, I think it's more like, they quit worrying about playing time/starting and just worried about what they do in the minutes they get. That's exactly the response they should have.

I liked that, in the 4th quarter, Byron asked Kobe what he wanted to do if they got down to the 6-7 minute mark and the game was still close. Kobe said: "Let them go. Let's see what they do." Byron's comments after the game seem to indicate that maybe he will start leaving them in down the stretch more.

If Kobe continues to take that approach, maybe they will find a happy medium between Kobe's farewell tour and developing the young guys. Russell commented that it was an honor that he did that when he could have had Byron put him so he can add to his collection. He also said that Kobe probably would have made the shot too.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let the young giys play and learn. Very simpe Byron. Although we lost, i enjoyed seeing Russel and the others play. They will get better with playing time. Happy with Russell last night.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting comment on Cowherd today. He said that Christine Leahy told him that Byron benched Russell and Randle because playing alongside Kobe is hurting their development. Obviously, it's something that Byron could never say publicly. If true, his substitution patterns, etc. make a little more sense. The numbers seem to back it up as it seems that Randle and Russell both play better when Kobe is not on the floor with them.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting comment on Cowherd today. He said that Christine Leahy told him that Byron benched Russell and Randle because playing alongside Kobe is hurting their development. Obviously, it's something that Byron could never say publicly. If true, his substitution patterns, etc. make a little more sense. The numbers seem to back it up as it seems that Randle and Russell both play better when Kobe is not on the floor with them.

There's no logic to his moves, that's just people fishing for them. If that were actually the case, the simplest and most effective solution is to just play Kobe less, not take minutes away from guys who need them