• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 Los Angeles Lakers

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As he should, the #2 pick is starting tonight....

PG: Russell
SG: Clarkson
SF: Bryant
PF: Randle
C: Hibbert

Byron said Clarkson will handle the ball a lot as well.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally opening day for the Lakers. We still don't know the complete starting lineup. Byron unsure whether or not he'll start Russell. I say throw him in the fire right away and have Huertas run the second unit. That second unit should be very effective for the Lakers.

I'm on the fence with this. James Worthy didn't start right away and neither did Kobe. That seemed to work out pretty well.

On the other hand, those were different Lakers teams that had plenty of veterans, so they could bring them along more slowly and still be contenders. This Lakers team has a lot of youngsters who will be doing the heavy lifting. So, in that case, maybe it's best to let them all grow up together.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on the fence with this. James Worthy didn't start right away and neither did Kobe. That seemed to work out pretty well.

On the other hand, those were different Lakers teams that had plenty of veterans, so they could bring them along more slowly and still be contenders. This Lakers team has a lot of youngsters who will be doing the heavy lifting. So, in that case, maybe it's best to let them all grow up together.

I think the Lakers organisation knows they're not winning the title this year so they're giving the young guys a chance to start and get as many minutes as possible as a team. Even if it means losing a game or two more than expected.

Worst case scenario, they don't make the playoffs.
Best case, the chemistry works great and we take another big step forward towards greatness

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's different for PGs imo. I want them out there as much as possible. Russell needs to start. It's the only way to work out the kinks and get use to the timing and flow of a NBA game. If you check the first year stats of a lot of top PGs, their first year will be loaded with turnovers. But if you check the following year, those TOs go down because they've gained more and more experience.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's different for PGs imo. I want them out there as much as possible. Russell needs to start. It's the only way to work out the kinks and get use to the timing and flow of a NBA game. If you check the first year stats of a lot of top PGs, their first year will be loaded with turnovers. But if you check the following year, those TOs go down because they've gained more and more experience.

True. I just usually prefer a more cautious approach. But, it's unlikely that they make the playoffs anyway, so let him learn to play by playing. Plus, with Clarkson and Kobe, they can handle some of the playmaking duties if he's struggling too badly while he stays on the court with them.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to be another long year. Play the young players as much as possible. I am really having doubts about Scott, but I will let the season play out.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to be another long year. Play the young players as much as possible. I am really having doubts about Scott, but I will let the season play out.

At least this year, there's a something of a clear plan that's beginning to take shape. The past 2 years, the team was just a bunch of guys on 1 year deals trying to stay in the league. This team has more players who will be on the roster for a few years.

I don't think anyone is sold on Byron yet. Maybe he's the guy to get the team to a certain point in development and then someone else we need to take over to get them the rest of the way. Similar to when Del Harris was the coach and then was replaced by Phil. Del was able to get them deep in the West playoffs, but Phil was able to get them to win championships.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least this year, there's a something of a clear plan that's beginning to take shape. The past 2 years, the team was just a bunch of guys on 1 year deals trying to stay in the league. This team has more players who will be on the roster for a few years.

I don't think anyone is sold on Byron yet. Maybe he's the guy to get the team to a certain point in development and then someone else we need to take over to get them the rest of the way. Similar to when Del Harris was the coach and then was replaced by Phil. Del was able to get them deep in the West playoffs, but Phil was able to get them to win championships.

I'm not a Scott fan -- but apparently he benched Russell for no/weak defense in the 2nd half. Good for Scott to do that right away. (and it helps to have Lou W as alternative)

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can see the Lakers hiring Thibs next summer.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my "after 1 game analysis from yesterday.

The Good:

Julius Randle - He looked like a stud. He had a little trouble finishing at the rim, but that's because the game is still a little fast for him. However, he looked good quick, he showed good handles and he refused to back down when KG tried to intimidate him.

Kobe's minutes - He played a little over 28, which is still about 3-6 minutes more than he should play, but definitely better than the 35 he was playing last year before he got hurt.

Roy Hibbert - He was active, quicker than he looked with the Pacers and looks like he will be the rim protector that we desperately need.

Lou Williams - Played well, he and Swaggy looked real good together during the run that got them that 16 point lead. He also had the balls to take the potential game winning shot with Kobe on the floor.

Kobe being cool with Williams taking the last shot - After the game, he said "It was a good shot. That little runner is his shot. It just didn't fall for him."

The Bad:

Blowing a lead - Can't have that. Part of learning how to win is not letting leads like that slip away. It's correctable though.

Kobe's minutes - While 28 is better than the 35 from last year. His minutes need to be closer to 22-25 (at least right now). He looked gassed toward the end of the game which helps explain the 0-5 in the 4th quarter.

DeAngelo Russell - The talent is obvious, but the game was way too fast for him. It's going to be a couple of seasons before we truly know what we've got with him.

Even though they lost, there were positives. Last year, we had some of the same negatives that we saw last night, but there were no positives to offset them. Now there are.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Kobe was all about the team this year but after reading this story, I am not quite sure the team is his focus anymore. This article leaves the impression that this all about Kobe. Perhaps it is time for him to retire.

Kobe Bryant says young Lakers are learning by watching him take all the shots

He's gonna go out firing away like he always has. I too was hoping Kobe would step back a little. It's not looking to be the case. Fanboy coach Byron doesn't help.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can see that every game this season. He is not mentoring anyone. He is going to keep jacking shots until the season is over and he retires. Kobe never made players around him better. That is why he is no Jordan or magic. I am thankful to have had kobe, but for the future of the Lakers, the sooner he is gone the better.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can see that every game this season. He is not mentoring anyone. He is going to keep jacking shots until the season is over and he retires. Kobe never made players around him better. That is why he is no Jordan or magic. I am thankful to have had kobe, but for the future of the Lakers, the sooner he is gone the better.

He is mentoring the youth. For instance, he and Russell studied film together for an hour prior to the Nets game. You see him on the bench giving pointers and such to the youth. The youth has said numerous times that they are learning from Kobe. When he steps on the court though it appears he's going to keep firing away.

I disagree with the Kobe never made the players around him better narrative. Like Jordan, their mere presence on the court and the attention they commanded from defenses helped the other players. Pau was never considered an elite big man in Memphis. He turned into one playing alongside Kobe. There's no doubt Kobe was a part of that evolution. As a "ball hogging" shooting guard, he has a career average of 4.8 APG. Number 28 on the career assist total list.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a "ball hogging" shooting guard, he has a career average of 4.8 APG. Number 28 on the career assist total list.

He's also the only player in NBA history with over 30,000 points and over 6,000 assists. Apparently, he passed the ball once or twice while taking all of those shots.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's also the only player in NBA history with over 30,000 points and over 6,000 assists. Apparently, he passed the ball once or twice while taking all of those shots.

naawww, you're lying. the haters are right. Kobe is a ball-hogging piece of trash...:rolleyes2:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe just doesn't seem like he's in game shape yet. He's shot the ball well in the first halves of games then he looks tired in the 2nd half. The only thing I can really knock him on is not trusting Clarkson and Randal more in particular. These two guys look like the future right now.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe just doesn't seem like he's in game shape yet. He's shot the ball well in the first halves of games then he looks tired in the 2nd half. The only thing I can really knock him on is not trusting Clarkson and Randal more in particular. These two guys look like the future right now.

They were talking about that during the last game. Saying that he has only played 41 games since the Achilles injury and that it's going to take some time for him to get his legs back.