• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 Los Angeles Lakers

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, the reason Ryan Kelly has been sucky over the last couple of years may be attributed to two things. He has been injured a lot and he has been playing out of position for the better part of his career with the Lakers. B. Scott has stated that Kelly will probably not play at the three anymore and by implication be a way better player at his natural four spot. I like the tune of this but the results remained to be witnessed. Here's the link.

Here's why Ryan Kelly isn't going to play small forward anymore

It was quite obvious that he was playing out of position last season at the 3, but he had to out of necessity. Plus he was dealing with hammy issues. He has looked pretty good these last couple of games. I don't see him getting much playing time behind Randle and Bass though.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frazier isn't an NBA player. Upshaw is borderline but I think most LA fans keeping thinking about what he could be in a perfect scenario rather than what he actually is right now; a player that is very very raw with character flaws. Considering he went a long time postdraft without being signed, I doubt too many teams are jumping to get at him. So its not surprising to see him cut. LA can use the spot on a guy they know can be a player and see if Upshaw gets it together playing the D-League. And its not like they can't sign him later.

That is looking like the case. Look to see him on the Lakers D-League roster.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upshaw cleared waivers and is free to sign with the D-Fenders

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upshaw cleared waivers and is free to sign with the D-Fenders

That's good. Lakers can keep an eye on him and see how he develops. They'll have to be careful though, because I think any team can still sign him.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feelings same as they were a month or so ago, MWP has no place on this roster. Waste of space.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feelings same as they were a month or so ago, MWP has no place on this roster. Waste of space.

He's okay for the 15th spot and to mentor Randle. Jabari Brown brought offense and not much else. The Lakers have plenty of offense.

Plus, if Byron ever needs someone to just got out on the court and clobber someone, I can't think of a better guy. :lol:

Seriously though, I could see them keeping him while Jabari Brown and Upshaw continue to develop playing for the D-Fenders (assuming Brown clears waivers) and if one of them looks ready to come up during the season, he can be released or go to IR with tendinitis or something.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always believed in you, Metta World Peace.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually there are articles afloat that purport the Lakers want MWP to act as a player/coach with eyes to the future as an assistant with the Lakers. He is suggested to be the next Lakers player to enter the coaching ranks along with Steve Nash, Byron Scott, Mark Madsen, Luke Walton who is now an interim HC while Stevie mends from back surgery in GS, Kareem, Bob MacAdoo, and many others.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota comes to town tomorrow evening for the opener. Game is on ESPN. I'll be working so I'll miss the majority of the game. I hope the Lakers start this new season of optimism with a win. That would start things out differently than the last couple of seasons.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota comes to town tomorrow evening for the opener. Game is on ESPN. I'll be working so I'll miss the majority of the game. I hope the Lakers start this new season of optimism with a win. That would start things out differently than the last couple of seasons.

This is a game they can definitely win.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am watching the GS Warriors getting their rings and hanging their championship banner. I remember when the Lakers used to do this on a nearly annual basis. I hope we will hoist our 17th in the next few years to come.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like what I see from Hibbert, I think him not having to score like they tried to make him do in Indy will help... If anybody can make it through the year it's Kobe... Still hate the overall Buss experiment but looks like it's slowly coming around... Next year is his last if memory serves... Got my NBA ticket and hat... Still pulling for the Purple and Gold... Grabbed Kobe with my 1st pick in support as well... Here's to the start of good things... :suds:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like what I see from Hibbert, I think him not having to score like they tried to make him do in Indy will help... If anybody can make it through the year it's Kobe... Still hate the overall Buss experiment but looks like it's slowly coming around... Next year is his last if memory serves... Got my NBA ticket and hat... Still pulling for the Purple and Gold... Grabbed Kobe with my 1st pick in support as well... Here's to the start of good things... :suds:

Hibbert seems like he has had an attitude change. His defense will be huge and should prevent the layup lines that we saw far too often over the past few years. He lost weight, seems content with what his role will be and has been mentoring the young guys.

Yes, this is year 2 of Jim's 3 year plan. Hopefully, the young guys will show that they are good enough to attract a top FA or 2 to the team. Lord knows the Lakers are set to have PLENTY of money available.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally opening day for the Lakers. We still don't know the complete starting lineup. Byron unsure whether or not he'll start Russell. I say throw him in the fire right away and have Huertas run the second unit. That second unit should be very effective for the Lakers.